FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

because most of them were relatively cheap? and he sold a lot of players too

yes i sold a lot of high earners and tend not to give contracts out over 49kPW which is enough for top players IMO but i made an exeption for ramos as he was a bargain when unhappy, same with bale i was offering 20mil couldnt get him in the summer then he was transfer listed at his value price in january plus he didnt want a high wage! Charichito is good enough for my first team, plus i managed to get stadium upgrade and training facilities upgraded. was also lucky with regens i have 3 16yr olds with 4 star rating i hope this doesnt change!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to start season 1. Just lost 3-1 to Chelsea in the community shield but at least I bounced back with at 2-1 win over Arsenal. Have just got Chelsea in the League Cup so hopefully revenge will be sweet!

@I\'m me: Can I ask why will Bale request to be transfer-listed before the league starts is it because of the agent or you unsettled him or other reasons. Anyone have a picture of well-developed Smalling yet was curious whether Smalling can develop into a first team material like he did in real life and also a well-developed Jack Butland picture as I am looking forward to get the English Jack Trio for my Manchester United save - Jack Wilshere (New Paul Gascoigne aka Gazza), Jack Rodwell (New Frank Lampard) and Jack Butland (New David Seaman?).

I put in a bid for him, which was rejected, praised him, said I was interested in him, put in another bid again rejected, Ledley King was then sold to Everton, so he was listed as unhappy, I praised him again, he requested a transfer. I bought him.

So it came down to a lot of pressure and Everton doing me a favor by buying an injury prone centre back

Does anyone have some good instructions to get Nani play as he does irl? I'm really struggling with him. Valencia is out performing him massively.

I used him as an inside forward attack on the left or a winger support on the right, both with run from deep rarely, Long shots rarely, through balls rarely, run with ball often, cross ball often, cross from by line. When playing as inside forward I set him to cut inside, when playing as a winger as move into channels.

In 38 games last season he scored 11 and set up 23 with an ave rating of 7.34.

How come some of you guys are spending so much money in the first season? I only got £17.5m......

if you go to the board room you can adjust the budget up to around £34m if I remember correctly, then you can ask to increase the wage budget which should be accepted and then move this into your transfer budget. If I recall correctly I ended up with £40m. ish

January 2013... joint top of the league with City on 53 points having played 22. Just signed Pastore for 11m and an amazing regen from Real Madrid for 5m. Also agreed deals to get the following players on free transfers for next season:

Steven Defour

Edin Dzeko

Michel Bastos

Arjen Robben

Sergio Romero

It's all going a little too well for me so far.

Signings:

Bale - £34m (10m up front, 24m over 48 months)

Hamsik - £20m (10m up front, 10m over 48 months)

No significant out's so far. Just Macheda on loan. I also have Maxym Koval coming in January. He's a 17 year old GK at Dynamo Kiev and is better currently than Areola and has 3 1/2 stars potential, could potentially replace VDS immediately. I also got offered Wilshere for £5.5m in mid October so I have him coming in January too.

Bale started well, 2 goals and 2 assists before getting injured and Hamsik has also had injury problems and has yet to start a league game. We've hardly needed the new signings as the current players are doing so well. My forwards are scoring goals, 9 in 10 for Berba, 7 in 10 for Rooney, 4 in 2 starts and 9 sub appearances for Hernandez. The wide players are really performing though. Most of my goals are coming from low crosses, Nani has 7 assists and Park and Valencia are awesome too.

It's all a little too easy though. We won every preseason game and have won our opening 12 matches. Our last 3 games have been 3-0 at home to Real Madrid, 1-0 away to Chelsea, and 4-1 at home to Everton (who are second).

@i/'m me How do you loan Wilshere because Arsenal doesn't want to loan him to me during the first summer transfer window as I am their divisional rival and even though they accept a bid of £32m for him Wilshere doesn't want to sign a contract with me. They loaned him to you because he lacks first team football or because you managed to unsettle him or other reasons?

not doing very well atm...played 13 won 8 drawn 2 and lost 3..tied at 2nd with pool while arsenal top by a single point...but lost to spurs at home and drew against stoke at home annoyed me...think it's because i havent been bothered to change my match preparation, completely forgot about that function lol

and Fletcher is performing crap at the moment, Rooney is having another one of those goal droughts for 5 games already

how on earth have some people already done 4/5 seasons how fast do you play it dont you do anything like change tactics or do you just play it a lot

Ive just started the 3rd season and have a game time of 1 day 18 hours, so its just down to playing a lot.

Records Update Time

Team

Biggest Premier League win - United 10-0 Blackpool = ozzay

Biggest win in a domestic Cup game - Blackpool 0-6 United = ozzay

Biggest win in European Competition - United 9-0 Basel = genx

Highest % possession in one game - 72% vs. City = ronaldo_rooney

Most goals scored in one league season - 102 goals = fi3ryicy

Most points in one season - 110 points = fi3ryicy

Most games won in a row - - 15 games = hitman19ko

Most games without defeat -

Fastest goal scored - 9 seconds - Eden Hazard vs. West Ham = Tony Hawker

Largest goal difference at end of season - + 89 = fi3ryicy

Players

Most goals scored in one game - Rooney 6 Goals vs. Stoke = ronaldo_rooney

Most goals scored in one season - Rooney with 44 goals = hitman19ko

Most assists in one season - Nani with 28 assists = 3D_Alex

Most MotM awards in one season - Rooney with 15 MotM's = ronaldo_rooney

Youngest league goalscorer -

Highest av. rating over 1 season (30 games+) - Ryan Shawcross 7.83 from 50 appearances = fi3ryicy

Transfers

Most spent on one player - Hugo Lloris signed for £34.5m = ronaldo_rooney

Most received for one player -

Been keeping an eye out for screenshots on this thread so hopefully this is up to date. RickyButton has taken a few as he's the only one so far to post end of season screens - so at least there are targets to aim at now. Also added a new record - Highest % possession in one game.

@i/'m me How do you loan Wilshere because Arsenal doesn't want to loan him to me during the first summer transfer window as I am their divisional rival and even though they accept a bid of £32m for him Wilshere doesn't want to sign a contract with me. They loaned him to you because he lacks first team football or because you managed to unsettle him or other reasons?

He was just listed for loan in January so I snapped him up, offered money upfront.I had been praising Wenger every chance I could to get on his good side as I actually wanted to sign Ramsey when he was fit again.

I've fallen out with Nani , he keeps handing in transfer request . Is there anyway to resolve this?

I'd accept the request, if you're outside of the transfer window just keep playing him and then remove him if he stops being a brat. If you're in the window, set his price to something like £30m if someone is stupid enough to pay it then you can replace him easily.

Any player on my game who requests to leave the club is automatically offered a mutual termination, I cannot be dealing with players who mess up my morale. Thankfully it hasn't happend yet in this save.

i accidently replaced vidic as captain and ever since he has been moaning. i tried to chat to him but i made it worse and now he has handed in a transfer request. ive rejected it but now he isnt performing. cant replace him as there is no one better. ffs

Hi guys,

Just finished first season. Reasonably happy with how it went.

Transfers

Transfer wise it was pretty quiet with Gibson going out for 2.5m and the only incoming player being Hamsik for 12.5m. I have enjoyed the challenging of not spending big and using the squad that was there. I think in the summer a keeper is a must (even though I have triggered some crazy clause in VDS contract which means he's here for another season). Possibly look at buying another winger, but that'd only be if I see someone I really fancy for a decent price.

Individual Performances

Rooney has been pretty solid with 29 goals in 36 (7) games.

Hernandez has really impressed with an immense tally of 30 goals in 36 (12)

Berbatov has done okay, with 18 assists, and 14 goals in 43 (5) games.

Hamsik was really struggling at first, really mediocre performances and didn't score his first goal until about his 17 game for me. Really came into his own in the latter half of the season though scoring some important goals for me.

Wes Brown surprised me claiming the right back spot and putting in some really good performances. I'm a big fan of Rafael and was happy to make him my first choice, but after he was injured Wes Brown came in to cover and took the position for the more important games.

League

Didn't get off to a great start drawing too many (sound familiar?) and then losing to a few mediocre sides. As a result I was playing catch up the entire season and only really got within touching distance after the 30 games mark. Managing to get good results against the other 'big clubs' really kept me in it. It ended up with Arsenal and I level on points with 3 games remaining. Unfortunately I had Liverpool and Man City to play in that though. Beat Liverpool and drew against City to leave me 2 points behind them going into the last game. They had their toughest of the last 3 as their last, away to Everton, but it was no use as they beat them 1-0 :(

Top 5 ended up:

Arsenal 84

Man Utd 82

Chelsea 75

Liverpool 72

City 76

League Cup and FA Cup

Won the League Cup beating Villa in the final. Gave youth and fringe players a good run throughout this and it paid off well. FA Cup was not a good one, I made a bit of a gamble in the 4th round against West Brom. I had a difficult game 3 days after so made about 6 changes, (a team still comfortably capable of beating them tbh) but just couldn't get a break and got beat 1-0.

Champions League

This was a real epic. The group stages was nothing special and I qualified with relative ease. I then got Schalke and got beat 3-1 in the first leg away. Managed to grab a 2-0 win at home so went through on away goals.

Ended up getting Barcelona in the quarters. Got absolutely battered in the first half of the first leg at home, went in at half time 2-0 down. Ended up getting one back in the 81st minute, and then an equaliser in the 91st. So finished 2-2.

Second leg away I went 2-0 within 11 minutes with Villa getting two. Hamsik got one back in the 70th minute with an absolute cracker, and then managed to get his head on a cross to equalise in the 93rd to send us to extra time.

Annihilated them in extra time 3-0 to send me into the semis :D So it was 5-2 at the Nou Camp and 7-4 on aggregate.

Got AC Milan in the semis. First leg at home was pretty comfortable, played well and had the better of the chances, ended up 2-1 up but probably should have been more. They then got a player sent off in the 70th minute so I went a bit more attacking to kill off the tie (nothing crazy, just a few tweaks). Didn't really come to anything and it looked like it was going to end 2-1. Then in the 93rd minute Flamini nails one from about 40 yards straight in the top corner. Damn.

Away leg was much tougher, ended up pulling it back again in the last minute to make it 2-2 and send us into extra time. They scored with about 6 minute left so I go all out attack and manage to get one back and make it 3-3! To my surprise this meant I won! (I always thought away goals was cancelled when extra time starts? Have I just totally missed this or has it recently changed?)

Lyon in the final - got a goal just before half time. Wes Brown then got sent off in the 60th minute, so I went to a more defensive tactic to just keep possession and hold on. A minute after I made my final substitution in the 81st minute, Fabio got injured leaving me with 9 men on the pitch. Luckily managed to hold on and won it 1-0!

Summary

All in all, pretty happy with the season. Obviously disappointed about the league but early form cost me. Happy with the choice of playing it a bit more realistic and not going on a spending spree too!

Cheers,

Jack.

Anyone have experience with FM11 Welbeck? He just returned from Sunderland, scoring 14goals in 27games, not sure if I should sell him or not for 10m?

Thanks

Of course not. He has potential to be very very good player. His return is also good.

All in all, pretty happy with the season. Obviously disappointed about the league but early form cost me.

Well done on the CL win, you'll get the Premier next time.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1248/fm11record1.png

Most assists - Nani - 28

Highest adverage rating - Nani - 7.61

Most Man of the matchs - Nani - 11

Added :thup:

could someone put a screenshot of paulo henrique of santos up please?

10p4vhg.png

Anyone have experience with FM11 Welbeck? He just returned from Sunderland, scoring 14goals in 27games, not sure if I should sell him or not for 10m?

Thanks

He was always useful in FM10, haven't used him in this one yet though. If he's doing the business for you I don't see why you should sell.

£10m for Welbeck, I'd say yes if you have enough strikers..

Anyone tried making their own tactic? Seems to be much easier now :)

Currently have Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Macheda and Muniain. If I keep Welbeck, Berbatov would be have to go... 4.8m a bit less? :\

EDIT: oh my gosh, I just realize in about 4days time, I would have been in this forum for 5years lol...

Anyone having a problem with discipline? having too many yellow/reds in my second season..

Aggressive players, the ones that get more cards IRL are getting too many. The likes of Giggs etc are ok but the Vidic's of this world are getting more cards a month than they do for their birthday!

My Update: Season 1

Premier League: Won with 2games to spare, ending up with 83points with Tottenham at 82 and Chelsea 79.

FA Cup: Lost through penalties against Tottenham

Carling Cup: Won against Tottenham

Champions League: Lost through semi-finals against David Villa's Barcelona 3-4

Main bought July/Aug 2010 (All over x-months payments):

Iker Muniain - 11.25m

Eden Hazard - 16m

Fabio Coentrao - 6m

Main sold July/Aug 2010:

Park Ji Sung - Loan + 4.2m agreed fee

Magnus Eikrem - Loan

Robert Brady - Loan

Squad:

GK: Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Amos

RB: Rafael, Brown, O'Shea

LB: Evra, Fabio, Coentrao

CB: Rio, Vidic, Evans, Smalling

CM: Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves

RW: Valencia, Bebe

AM: Hazard, Rooney

LW: Nani, Coentrao, Muniain

ST: Rooney, Macheda, Berbatov, Hernandez, Munain

Approaching 2nd season and a few youngsters returning from loans (including Cleverley, Welbeck, Brady), any ideas who I should get rid of? Both Hamsik and Pastore are available due unhappiness and I would love to get Pastore for 8m, who should I sell to make way for the Argentine? I've locked my GK target at the one and only De Gea - somehow signed a new contract in 1st season and now have buy-out clause at 16.75m. Budget at 27m

Help thanks :)

thanks cps.one last thing, could you do eden hazard too :) im a pain i know

No problem, here you go:

x0qiiw.png

Meanwhile things are going ok so far on my save, still unbeaten after 9 competitive games (just wish I could play more - bloody work). Team hasn't been pulling up any trees but the morale is only starting to go up now. Rooney and Michael Owen have been playing well. Most entertaining game was when I came from 3-0 against Dinamo to draw 3-3 with 3 goals in the last fifteen, just don't ask how I managed to go 3-0 down :(

Couple of interesting little things I've seen happen in the gameworld to date:

- Bebé has been playing superbly on loan at Derby with 6 goals in 7 games. He's the highest rated player in the Championship.

- Liverpool lost 4-0 at home to Peterborough in the Carling Cup :)

Having trouble keeping up with Arsenal at the top of the table. I was one point behind until I lost to them on the road but they are unbeaten in 25 out of 25!!!! Something isn't right there...it's Arsenal ffs.

Injuries have wiped out atleast 4 of my starting XI players for 17 games in the league after I spent big money to expand, improve and lower the age of the squad. Currently I have no MR, Valencia, Nani even Hargreaves and Rafael are injured and I've loaned (to buy) Park. Rooney, Chic and Neymar injured with Berba out on loan (to buy) at Real, so Kiko and Babacar are my main...lol...only forwards with Michael-treatment-room-Owen not match fit yet - you guessed it, he's been injured.

My run in isn't too bad so if I can get enough players back to fill the bench I can sneak the title. I'm having such a hard time right now :(

Archived