tdurbo

Whatever happened to the ARSE command?

20 posts in this topic

Just wondered....seems like ages ago thats all. Will always remind me of Anelka :)

Plus I still dont know when the addictness rating was introduced.

Anyone any ideas?

what is the ARSE command?

It was a line you could add into earlier versions of CM/FM which made available "Extra Features"

These included being able to view board/chairman attributes, players acting in a less professional way & extra comments from your coaching staff.

It hasn't been included for the last 2-3 versions though.

It was changed to 'Debug' if I remember correctly before disappearing altogether.

Plus I still dont know when the addictness rating was introduced.

It was definitely in by CM01/02. I don't really remember about earlier versions, though.

Had no idea this existed, just where / when exactly could you type this command?

Oh i miss that command. It was brilliant stuff. Especially on 01/02.

Had no idea this existed, just where / when exactly could you type this command?

It could be added to a file in the game.

You could put "ARSE" or "DEBUG_MODE", and it would allow things that were not normally in the game for legal reasons.

In CM01/02 there was a checkbox in the editor for this.

It was definitely in by CM01/02. I don't really remember about earlier versions, though.

Well thats progress....I swear blind it was earlier than that, but a mate of mine reckons CM4 (03?)

Ta. Still needs settling once n for all, but am sure I'll die having never known lol

I have both 00/01 and 01/02, checked it out as I was curious too ;)

It's CM 01/02.

Are there any easter eggs in the game these days?

I remember in old versions the developers were in as rubbish players, if you signed them and asked for a coach report it would say things like that they were more suited to watching football at this level than playing it.

I dont have a screenie anymore, but a few years ago I had an april fools message saying my West Ham team had been taken over by a billionaire and i have a £200m kitty to spend. I think it was 1st April in Real life

Are there any easter eggs in the game these days?

I remember in old versions the developers were in as rubbish players, if you signed them and asked for a coach report it would say things like that they were more suited to watching football at this level than playing it.

Just type faceinthegame and they will regenerate like regens do

Not really big enough to qualify as an Easter egg, but I did laugh aloud when a job became vacant and the message came up "once we've sorted through all the Football Manager applications we'll appoint someone with real life experience."

Not really big enough to qualify as an Easter egg, but I did laugh aloud when a job became vacant and the message came up "once we've sorted through all the Football Manager applications we'll appoint someone with real life experience."

I've seen that many times