kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

I keep coming back and using this tactic. Started with Eastleigh in the blue Square South.In my first season i had a poor start with 4-1-3-2 which i favour. I switched before christmas and finished a respectable 7th. Continued with kimz tactic at the start of the 2nd season and went 26 games unbeaten, before it started to fall apart and after a losing streak of 8 matches i switched back and finished 6th (just missing out on the playoffs).

The start of the 3rd season i continued to use this tactic and aquired some reasonable full backs and i stormed the division with 100+ Points and 100+ goals. (cant post img as im at work)

4th Season i used this in the Blue square Premier and got relegated. I did keep switching between tactics as i didnt trust it. but i thought, 'One more Go' for the 5th Season and managed to get promoted again, beating my Goals and Points record.

6th Season i contunied to place my trust in it. i often tweaked my fullbacks forward runs depending on opponents and came within an inch of getting automatically promoted (concdeded two late goals and finished 3rd, eventually losing out in the playoff final.

My 7th Season has me in the top 5 after 6 games and doing well. I found it did help getting loan players for a parent club.

This has certainly helped me 'love' FM2008 again after i was getting slightly annoyed with it. a few little attacking tweaks for some games and varying the team talks (based on WolfGangs guide) helped this tactic to get over my mid season slumps

Many Thanks Kimz!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Have been reading the comments of others not being able to get the tactic firing... im a FM nut and this is the best tactic i have come across and tried and tested with various clubs &leagues... Doncaster Rovers,Rangers,Newcastle,Barcelona,Bayern & PSV anyway what ive found is always use Opp Instructions on the front 6 players basically all apart from the defenders, ideally the 2 fullbacks should be wingbacks as well as there up and down the field, the vital players are the two DM'S as this has been my downfall in the past not having 2 good one's as they provide cover even with the arrows and also chip in with goals, and of course the 3 AMC'S are the key when attacking, ive found the left sided AMC scores alot of goals if long shooting is good,ie lampard,Kaka, he seems to see alot more of the ball than the right sided AMC, the middle AMC is more of a link the play man with the arrow coming back,Modric is sensational here ive found and Elano,lower teams i found that charlie Adam, Dean Furman & Koumas was good here also... anyways im no expert but this tactic has been superb and makes me want to play the game, give it time and it will click... icon14.gif

This tactic is fantastic!!!

Been playin for bout 8 seasons now with Nottingham Forest.

Just got into the Champions League using this tactic.

Started the new season, played Derby County in the Charity Shield, hammered them 7-1.

Next game i played West Ham in the 1st league game of the season and hehe, hammered em 8-0.

What an amazing tactic!!!

Top FMer

Originally posted by ThE BoMBeR:

just a question:

does this work with the original 8.0.0 patch?

if not, is there a kimz tactic for the original patch?

no, there is no tactic for original patch......

Originally posted by serek:

Well this tactic does seem to make your defenders act stupid. Idiotic back passes cost me a few goals already. Why the hell would a defender pass to a keeper when there is a striker in between them, who WILL take that ball and score!?

Or maybe it's not the tactic's fault at all.

if your players make mistake, generally it's coz of your team talk or players low concentration attribute

read wolfsong team talk or read page 12 for team talk icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Navie:

Does anyone know if I should just stick to using ONLY version 2.0 or do I use version 2.1 and 2.2 aswell?

This are the OI I use:

OI

- DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15- (<= 17), show on foot right foot

- DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 15-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 17-

- injured player : tackling hard

Also is there a way to stop conceeding too many opposition goals/shots?

on v2.0, conceding a lot of goals is a big issue, then i create v2.1 to fix that problem.

i recommend using v2.1 and v2.1 with v1 layout

in my recent game with roma i've used v2.1 with v1 layout almost every game (also tweaking, latest OI, etc),

i did double, won serie A and champions league

Originally posted by sirevier:

Hi kimz!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Left AMC : high finishing, long shot, flair, decision, technique

Just a short Question, i compared the settings of the left AMC with the right AMC but i don't see the difference...the settings are the same in v2.1?

another question related to your experience on players and positions.

i was luckily able to sign moutinho and matias fernandes for my Dortmund squad in the 3rd season. I put moutinho as central AMC...and now i wonder where to put fernandes best...since i saw in your milan screenshot you got him to..i wonder where you put him? righ,left or central AMC?

thx in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, right, left, and center AMC have the same setting,

how ai countering each AMC is different.. sometimes AI let the left AMC unmarked, thats why we need scoring minded on left AMC pos

you can put fernandes everywhere, if you need him as goal assist put him on center, or goal getter on left..

if my left AMC not scoring, i will put center or right AMC on his position icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by wattas:

Kimz help me, all my players seem to get yellow cards most of the time. and could you explain in more detail. Private message me or summin .

that the old OI....... hard tackling on all M,AC,ST

use the lates OI on page 14.... but sometimes you need the old OI againts teams that far better than yours.

gr8 tactic kimz, was wondering how to maximise c.ronaldo's ability with this formation as he is suited to width but it is fairly narrow formation, im man u season 1 8.02, also has anyone noticed that if u play well sometimes the opp. get a red card but generally they get two, ive played against 3 teams out of 10 matches in the epl where this has happened...i'm not complaining, just wanna know why they get doubled send offs so often with this tactic?

hmmm. just used it for my 1st game with my spurs team 1st season vs man u. lost 4-3 at home, berbatov scored a hat-trick. i need a dm for it to work i think, main problem is my cb's pace (14) as ronaldo and rooney slaughtered me at the back on the break

hmm not impressed so far i must say. using v2.2 of the tactic. just played away to bolton in the league cup and lost 2-0. so ive used it for 2 games conceded 6 and scored 3. ive also been using the wolfsong team talk guide

You will be fine with Spurs (in all won 11 titles), let Poyet pick team as Jenas will work at DM and Zakora. Try Samba for CB and Fernandez VDV and Guilherme up front.

Originally posted by knap:

You will be fine with Spurs (in all won 11 titles), let Poyet pick team as Jenas will work at DM and Zakora. Try Samba for CB and Fernandez VDV and Guilherme up front.

my lineup atm is:

robinson

bale

hutton

woodgate

kaboul

makoun

jenas

m.fernandez

van der vaart

modric

berbatov

i just don't see how this tactic is supposed to work. with all your midfielders and wing backs pushaed up so far you get raped on the counter. theres no cover for the defense. when you have possession it effectively becomes a formation of 2-8 :s

i played 3 games with it lost 4-3 to man u, 2-0 to bolton and 5-2 to arsenal. i just don't see how this tactic can defend effectively .

im loving the sets of the v2 kimz tactic atm, had great results with leeds so far. I had a little experiment of trying the home tactic which produces such good football away to tottenham and fulham, i looked a better side tbh than using the away form of it. Although i suppose that was fulham lol how do you guys rate the away v2 tactic?

my pc crashed so i had to start it again. realised i forgot the oi. still no change. played 3:

man u drew 2-2

bolton lost 5-3

arsenal lost 2-1

i'll give it another 2 games and if things don't change im afraid to say i'l hae to say that it's a failure

Originally posted by jonahno6:

Anyone got a link, because none of them work on the first page

complete tactic : page 19 or 16

players : 19

tweaking & OI : 14

team talk : 12

Originally posted by Sp3aker:

my pc crashed so i had to start it again. realised i forgot the oi. still no change. played 3:

man u drew 2-2

bolton lost 5-3

arsenal lost 2-1

i'll give it another 2 games and if things don't change im afraid to say i'l hae to say that it's a failure

use v2.1 as your default, if ai get a lot of chance from their winger, change to v2.2

Originally posted by steve3199:

gr8 tactic kimz, was wondering how to maximise c.ronaldo's ability with this formation as he is suited to width but it is fairly narrow formation, im man u season 1 8.02, also has anyone noticed that if u play well sometimes the opp. get a red card but generally they get two, ive played against 3 teams out of 10 matches in the epl where this has happened...i'm not complaining, just wanna know why they get doubled send offs so often with this tactic?

Probably out of frustration and the fact that they cannot crack your formation icon_wink.gif

I personally have found much greater results after using this from wolfsongs team talk guide .

Pre-match:

I rarely use 'we can win this' and 'wish luck' in 8.02, because it is now almost certain that when you are on a winning streak, these teamtalks demotivate players. And once they do, it is very hard to cure/overcome the bad effect at 1/2 time. I've just played an away game where my striker Tevez was the only one who had a 'seemed demotivated. looked delighted' as a result of 'we can win this!' at prematch, yet my whole team played very very bad,created 3 chances only in the 1st 1/2 instead of the usual 8+ and we were down 0-1. At 1/2 time, I had one player with 'morale boost' one with 'fired-up' and another with 'insipred to a better performance', yet I still lost that game 1-2. This is just to explain why I almost never ever use 'we can win this!' and 'wish luck' now.

What I use instead is either "expect a win" or 'for the fans' at all at prematch, both home and away. These usually have 'nothing specific noted', occassionally you get a 'gained focus' or 'seemed motivated' as a result of 'expect a win'. When I am playing against a weak team either home or away, I use 'expect a win'. When I am playing against a team on the same level of mine, I use 'for the fans'. Now I do not and can not save 'for the fans' for derby matches only, because I have not found other substitutes for 'we can win this' or 'wish luck'. Sometimes I also say nothing at pre-match when morale is superb, this has never given me any negative effects either.

I have also tried using more 'ask assistant' for pre-match teamtalk. He usually suggests a couple individual teamtalks such as 'pick up where you left from' or 'expect a performance', from my experience we should use them. I've had one player 'seemed motivated' by 'pick up from where you left from' now, but this is like one in 30 games. However, none of the players who were told these have bad performances during the first half. My assistant manager has a motivating attribute of 10 only, but his individual suggestions has never demotivated my squad. Be aware though when he suggests 'we can win this' as a general team talk, this has the same risk as I discussed above, once I thought that 'the assistant manager is usually right for pre-match, I'll just use it anyway', then I found my players demotivated of couse...

Half time

Lucky for us the half time uses of 'you have faith' and 'you can make the difference' are still as effective in 8.02 as they were in 8.01 (at least from my experience). Note that try to limit these on rating 8+ players, subsitutes and players who have scored in the 1st 1/2, even if the scored player only has a rating 7. Occassionally if you use them on players with rating 7 who haven't scored, they get 'looked delighted' but rarely 'seemed motivated' from my experience.

However, the 'disappointing' teamtalk now has less effect according to my experience. If I have a striker who has rating 6 by 1/2 time, 70% of the times it is better for me to substitute him off and say 'you have faith' to the player coming on, instead of keeping the rating 6 striker on and say disappointing to him. It still works sometimes, but I found the chance is lower than it was in 8.01.

Another point I found was if I was leading 2-0 and I say 'pleased' to all squad, then most of the times the rating 6s stay at rating 6s through out the match. If I say 'disappointed' to them, they get angry/confused or nothing but still stay at rating 6 anyway. However, if I say pleased as a general teamtalk and then go 'none' for the rating 6s at 1/2 time, then a lot of them improve their performance in the 1/2 half. I guess it makes sense when compared to real life situations...

Sometimes I also get 'seemed demotivated' when I 'encourage' - Dirty_ace's point. However, for me this does not occur anywhere near as often as it does for prematch 'we can win this' or 'wish luck'.

Sometimes I just go 'for the fans' (if available) during 1/2 time to avoid negative effects.

Again I emphasis that the exact effect of team talks varies between squads therefore some trial and errors are needed for each new team that you and I take over. Simplying following one formula is probably not a very good idea, the better approach should be constantly checking the effects, thinking about why that effect occured, on what conditions that effect occured and then improve the formula in your mind.

Post-match teamtalks seem to remain the same in 8.02 for me.

Hey Kimz,

you ever tried to retrain your DMs to AMR & AML?

since the DMs are most of their offensive time in the AML or AMR position...idealy they get accomplished there, they might profit from some training in this position...i will give it a try start of my next season.

greets s4

Hey Kimz,

since the DMs are most of their offensive time in the AML or AMR position...idealy they get accomplished there, they might profit from some training in this position...i will give it a try start of my next season.

greets s4

i don't think that the DM will start bagging goals... in my game i never see them shooting, just making space for the AMCs and passing to them. that's why they don't need to be trained like AM.

Well I have now used this tactic for two seasons without using the OI with Fulham whilst participating in the Sir Bobby Robson challenge. Last season I won the FA Cup and finished 9th and this season I finished 6th and won the UEFA Cup. So respect goes out to Kimz.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/LeagueTable.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/UEFACupFinal.jpg

But one of the best results/comebacks of the season was the pic below. As you can see I was 3-0 down with a man sent off. I made a couple of subs and hey presto 3-3 and go through to final on away goals.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll125/Bealesy1971/UEFACupSemiFinal.jpg

Originally posted by PietWoerd:

Good post boingboing, I'm using too much 'we can win' teamtalk before the match I guess, but where can I check the effect of the teamtalks on a player? icon_confused.gif

on your main team scree, assistant advice, get team talk feedback

Hey Kimz,

greets s4

never did that before.....

on some games, when ai pick a formation with 3 DC, the 2 DM got a lot of space on wing side,

retraining 2 DM to AMR/L maybe will get the advantage form that situation

give it a try, and share us what you got icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by helius:

hey kimz, can you tell me what are the primary skills for MC on your 2.1 tactic with v1 layout? and also for DR/DL, left or right DC is the header?

for MC :

good defending attribute is my priority, good attacking attribute is plus

vs better team : i use 2 good defending MC

vs weak team : 1 good defending MC on right and 1 good attacking MC on left

in general, is will use DMC player rather than pure MC

DR/DL :

vs better team : i use good defending DL/R

vs weak team : good attacking DL/R

this position need fast players, 15+ is recommended

DC :

both sides need a good header,

put the best header on right, as he'll get a lot of chance from corner

now, my favorite is v2.1 with v1 layout, but sometimes change to v2.1 when its not working

Hey man,

Best FM tactic since the diablo imo.

I'm Celtic in the Premiership, implemented your tactic at the start of season 2. Went with V2.1 and no OI, never tweak, ever.

Finished the season winning the EPL, Carling Cup and Champions League.

Played 62 games

Scored 207

Conceded 65

38 games in the EPL 31 Wins, 4 Draws, 3 Losses, scored 125 and conceded 37.

Thanks a lot Kimz.

Hi all!

I just started to play FM 08 again. (I've been playing fm07, because I liked it more.) I have to say that this a amazing tactic.

There is a TIP for people who conceed goals on a counter att. I repositioned my AMC to SW (sweeper) and changed his attributes a bit (so he plays more defensive). It has done wonders for me. Since than myopponents almost don't get a chance to shoot on goal.

BTW. thnx kimz for your contribution

//regards

There is a TIP for people who conceed goals on a counter att. I repositioned my AMC to SW (sweeper) and changed his attributes a bit (so he plays more defensive). It has done wonders for me. Since than myopponents almost don't get a chance to shoot on goal.

Could you post some screenshots?

Please can someone give me some advice please.

Okay, I started the first season off very will with Kimz tactics, with Man Utd, I won the league, carling cup and fa cup. So, ive just started the season and most of my attacking players have gone off to the under 23 olympics. In the first season, I played a different tactic each game as Kimz said u you should e.g v1 then v2, then versin 2.1 and so on. It worked amazingly well! Now, im doing the same thing and have drew and lost my first 2 premiership games!!!!!!! How can a tactic that has wrked so well suddenly stop!!!! HELP ME SOMEONE!!! GIVE ME SME ADVICE

I have used this tactic twice now in different games and the results have been excellent with good teams. It doesn't seem to work well in the lower leagues. With Liverpool I won the Premier League without losing a game, then in another new game I did the same with Chelsea and also won the Champions League.

Oh and I won the league with Man Utd aswell

I'm going to try it now with a mid table Premier League team, I've picked Newcastle. Definately doesn't work in the lower league though as you need very good passers and creative attacking midfielders.

One other thing I noticed is the Steven Gerrard loves it!!! he scored 30 goals and his profile described his happiness as "loving the style of play"

Originally posted by Pauk-Paul:

Please can someone give me some advice please.

Okay, I started the first season off very will with Kimz tactics, with Man Utd, I won the league, carling cup and fa cup. So, ive just started the season and most of my attacking players have gone off to the under 23 olympics. In the first season, I played a different tactic each game as Kimz said u you should e.g v1 then v2, then versin 2.1 and so on. It worked amazingly well! Now, im doing the same thing and have drew and lost my first 2 premiership games!!!!!!! How can a tactic that has wrked so well suddenly stop!!!! HELP ME SOMEONE!!! GIVE ME SME ADVICE

as i wrote before, those thins will affecting your success :

- tactic, good tactic, right tweaking

- team talk : new season means new club rank, imo team talks should change slightly

- players attribute : find players that fit in each position of your tactic

- media commenting : especially media commenting before match

- players morale : keep your players morale superb

- teams captain : be careful at singing new player that better (captain attribute) than your current captain

- players teamwork : singing too many new players will cost your team gel

maybe the last 2 points affecting your team performance....

well it woukd appear that i have been proven wrong. the first 3 games using the tactic went poorly, so i thought i'd give it 2 more games icon_razz.gif i'm now on a 13 match unbeaten streak in all comps including a very nice 4-2 win over league leaders liverpool icon_smile.gif

my only concern is that i've been drawing quite a few games really. but it's probably me jsut giving a dodgy team talk or something

Archived