kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

Daveshotton get good fast defenders and a good goalkeeper. I dont have the exact numbers but my man city team last season scored over 100 goals in the premier league and conceded less than 35. That's with a back line of

Taiwo - Corluka - Richards - Alves

A good goalie is also important - I have Hugo Lloris who is absolutely class in 2011 - wanted by most major clubs in Europe. First season I had the same issues - conceding a lot of goals, but then I invested in a good defence and don't have any problem conceding too many goals. In fact quite often I'll go on a long run keeping clean sheets.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
er no it isn't using any of the big 4 ain't an achievement with this tactic its just playing it easy

We don't need garbage like this; no matter what teams...the big 4, Inter, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, you name it...going 37-1-0 is an achievement, period.

Originally posted by Daveshotton:

Alright, cheers for the advice mate I'll give it a go going to try and get Zapata for defence.

My experience in my Liverpool game was that I could get goal production from a variety of players in the advanced midfield + striker positions, but if my full-backs were weak then I struggled.

Originally posted by ps2xboxgamecube:

Otokap, which version you using, any tweaks you use at all, any oi's. Thats a fantastic result with arsenal!

I always use the first version as said in the title with no tweaking icon_wink.gif

this is insane, i CANT beat arsenal away!!!

just ran a test with lecce in my second season in serie a. im currently 4in the league and are meeting arsenal in the european cup.

This is seriously:

Played 32, W0 D0 L32

i tried all kinds of tweaks and formations and just now i was up 2-1 and 2-2 would bring me through to the next round, but nooo. Arsenal scored three goals the last ten minuttes and i lost, AGAIN!

any tip how to beat them?

this is insane, i CANT beat arsenal away!!!

just ran a test with lecce in my second season in serie a. im currently 4in the league and are meeting arsenal in the european cup.

This is seriously:

Played 32, W0 D0 L32

i tried all kinds of tweaks and formations and just now i was up 2-1 and 2-2 would bring me through to the next round, but nooo. Arsenal scored three goals the last ten minuttes and i lost, AGAIN!

i have the same problem arghhhh hate em

kimz one question for you:

What tweaking should I do for my DMs to start doing a bigger job which requires better players, and also they will get better ratings. I play with Partizan in Serbian League and from all the positions my two best players are both DM. I use kimz 2.2 with some mine tweaks done but I use the same positions from the basic 2.2.

Originally posted by topyido:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">this is insane, i CANT beat arsenal away!!!

This is seriously:

Played 32, W0 D0 L32

i have the same problem arghhhh hate em </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they are the hardest "out" in this game, but I have had pretty good success lately.

My way has been moving the tempo up 4 clicks to the right (quicker). I think part of the reason this has been working is that they tend to play a high CD game. So, picking up the pace stops some of their steals, particularly by their wingers.

One thing I am noticing is that this tactic tends to have some issues v. the long farrow'd 442.

Example: Winning by 2 at half, AI switches to long farrow'd 442. I am using v2.1 or v2.2. They score. They tie. Maybe I hold on or they win.

Kimz or anyone else have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Originally posted by Jablome:

One thing I am noticing is that this tactic tends to have some issues v. the long farrow'd 442.

Example: Winning by 2 at half, AI switches to long farrow'd 442. I am using v2.1 or v2.2. They score. They tie. Maybe I hold on or they win.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

I'm in the blue square premier and have by far the best team in the league including players rated as decent premiership players and i haven't been able to find a tactic that works. Had one didn't take long for them to work it out and we dropped from 5th and winning games by 6 to losing about 10 games in a row and dropping to 14th so i saved the game and left my assman with this tactic to try it. The results weren't good we had only managed to win about 1 or 2 games and had dropped to 17th. This was with v2.2 btw.

BSP promotion is easy with either V1 or V2 layout, with the right players.

I do not change for 442 long farrows or 424, to defend better buy a better back 4, as you concede few with Arsenal back 4.

Anyone tried the v1 with Atlético Madrid ?

I can't seem to be consistent. One game we win 4-0, the other we are completely dominated by a weaker team.

Sometimes we are unable to score from 30 opportunities.

Originally posted by Fabs:

I can't seem to be consistent. One game we win 4-0, the other we are completely dominated by a weaker team.

Forgot to say that in almost every game the opposition goalkeeper has rating 8 or more.

Originally posted by helius:

kimz one question for you:

What tweaking should I do for my DMs to start doing a bigger job which requires better players, and also they will get better ratings. I play with Partizan in Serbian League and from all the positions my two best players are both DM. I use kimz 2.2 with some mine tweaks done but I use the same positions from the basic 2.2.

at version 2, 2.1, 2.2 , DM never get good rating...... nothing we can do icon_razz.gif

if you want good rating for all your player, use v2.1 with v1 layout

Originally posted by Jablome:

from v2.1 change to this when you want all out defend :

SC

| |

MC MC

DMC DMC DMC

DL DC DC DR

use it on minutes 70+ or when the ai change to all out attack, works for me icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fabs:

Forgot to say that in almost every game the opposition goalkeeper has rating 8 or more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

change to v2.1 or v2.1 with v1 layout icon_wink.gif

Okay a couple of questions, sorry if these have been asked already but this thread is too long to browse through completely...

1) In 'v2.1 with v1 layout', would it be possible to decrease the length of the forward arrows for fullbacks, without making the tactic worse? The reason I want to do this is, that with forward arrows all the way to FL/FR positions, the fullbacks tend to get tired. And I understood that with this tactic especially, it's not good to have tired players on pitch.

I really want to use this version of the tactic for one reason and one reason only: It doesn't have DMC's. I *hate* the bug in FM08 that makes your DMC's have low ratings all the time (how can a bug like that still be in the game after two patches is beyond me, but that's another matter).

So what is the downside of reducing those forward arrows for the fullbacks? And how much should them be reduced, if any?

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fabs:

Forgot to say that in almost every game the opposition goalkeeper has rating 8 or more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

change to v2.1 or v2.1 with v1 layout icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try that, thx.

First of all, thanks! This tactic is an absolute wonder.

I have been playing as West Bromich Albion for 1½-2 seasons. It worked wonders in the championship and gained me promotion without much trouble.

I was also doing well in Premier League, i was 7th at christmas time, after a weak start. It was all looking good.

But now i have hit the midseason slump, i haven't had a victory in 6 games (not playing ant good teams).

What do you guys do in these situations? I know that i probably should try a different tactic..

Do you recommend any tactic as backup for this wonderful tactic in case you hit "the slump"?

I really hope there is some kind of normally used trick for hitting the slump with "kimz". icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

By the way, im playing the 2.1 Version and 8.0.2 of course.

Originally posted by kimz:

if you want defend againts ai 4-2-4, remove DL/DR/DM farrowz, add Def Line 2/3 thicks and substitute tired defender...... hope it works icon_wink.gif

What do you mean by "add Def Line 2/3 thicks"? Do you mean that you should push your defensive line UP by 2 or 3 ticks?? Or pull them down?

Kimz ive had great success with V2.1 and your comments on tweaking tempo and defence line with a pretty average Newcastle Side grabbing 4th and almost 3rd.

I was just wondering as you get alot of goals from the attacking left midfielder is there anyway to convert the tactic to play 2 upfront instead of one? icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by jsl:

Okay a couple of questions, sorry if these have been asked already but this thread is too long to browse through completely...

1) In 'v2.1 with v1 layout', would it be possible to decrease the length of the forward arrows for fullbacks, without making the tactic worse? The reason I want to do this is, that with forward arrows all the way to FL/FR positions, the fullbacks tend to get tired. And I understood that with this tactic especially, it's not good to have tired players on pitch.

I really want to use this version of the tactic for one reason and one reason only: It doesn't have DMC's. I *hate* the bug in FM08 that makes your DMC's have low ratings all the time (how can a bug like that still be in the game after two patches is beyond me, but that's another matter).

So what is the downside of reducing those forward arrows for the fullbacks? And how much should them be reduced, if any?

if you reduce the fullbacks(FB) arrow, ai FB will not mark your FB, ai ML/MR will.

then ai FB will mark your AMC, and your 3 AMC will have no space to shot.... this tactic will not explode icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by jsl:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

if you want defend againts ai 4-2-4, remove DL/DR/DM farrowz, add Def Line 2/3 thicks and substitute tired defender...... hope it works icon_wink.gif

What do you mean by "add Def Line 2/3 thicks"? Do you mean that you should push your defensive line UP by 2 or 3 ticks?? Or pull them down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i mean push DL up. with that we hope that ball supply from winger behind our defender will reduce

but put in mind that pitch size will make an effect,

take 1 or 2 ticks only for very short pitch

Originally posted by 13xForever:

Kimz ive had great success with V2.1 and your comments on tweaking tempo and defence line with a pretty average Newcastle Side grabbing 4th and almost 3rd.

I was just wondering as you get alot of goals from the attacking left midfielder is there anyway to convert the tactic to play 2 upfront instead of one? icon_rolleyes.gif

i have tried that, but theres no luck,

try that, and share your success....... icon14.gif

\

Funny you should say that as i have just finished my 3 yrs with Man Utd and after winning nearly everything i accepted an offer from Ath Madrid.

After 8 games i am W7 L1 and the loss was 1-0 vs Barcelona (a).

As i have said before, i have tried and succeeded in using this tactic for lower sides so there is no doubt it should work for Ath Madrid.

Talking about pitch size, which kind of pitch size is optimal for this tactic? So I know what to say when my pitch man asks me the next time. So far I have always just chose the standard length.

Btw. would you recommend any kind of tweaks to the v.2.1 with v1 layout, when playing away from home against a strong opponent?

Just asking, it has worked great for me just like this. icon_biggrin.gif

I think the v2.1 with v1 layout is definitely the best one of these! My first season with Newcastle, I've won like 19 out of 21 games overall, including an EPIC away victory from ManU (they equalized to 3-3 at 83th minute, I scored 4-3 at 85th, they equalized to 4-4 at 93th, I scored 5-4 at 95th - and 4 minutes of injury time had been given icon_biggrin.gif ).

I made some very nice buys too though, including Van der Vaart, Farfan (ace), Garay and Kompany, but still my team is playing just fantastic, I'm destroying most teams and completely dominating some strong teams also.

I've now played with this tactic in a half season with Bayern Munchen. No transfer at all.

The results are very good so far, im in lead of the league and won my UEFA-group easy too.

But i've never seen so many missed chanses. In my first match with this tacktic i lost and the other team's goalkeeper got 10 in rating. And that happends some times. Everything seems to work well and i am happy that you shared this tactic with us!

Good job!

kimz, I've got a rough idea on how to improve the overall defending on the tactic but not sure if i'm doing it right.

Firstly, I used the 2.1 with v1 layout, and changed it to 4-3-2-1 instead of 4-2-3-1.

The back four just defend, the 2 CMs on either side farrow out to the FR and FL position and the front 3 are left unchanged. 2 AMs farrowed into the FC position.

This means, by cutting the number of DMs to only 1, I feel the tactic will be defensively more stable.

With your tactic, while defending on the counter-attack, the defence will be left with 2 cbs and 2 cm/dm.

With my idea, the 5 man attack is still there, but we are left with 4 defenders and a sitting cm.

Tell me what you think. The tactic tends to dominate but I just feel it's not perfected yet.

I'm having problems with my away form, i'm using version two with the patch. I'm Spurs and have in my opinion a fairly decent squad not great but good enough to get 5th or 6th place. My home form with kimz 2 has been good i have wond 4 out of four including games against chelsea and united but i havn't scored more than 3 in a game.which as long as i get the win isnt an issue. However my away form has been awful and ive lost three out of three all against poor teams. My defense isnt amazing because King is injured and Dawson is only just back and lacking match fitness but i still have woodgate and Kaboul at the back along with bale and hutton as wing backs. My midfield is pretty good as well as i have vdv, modric, d'allesandro and berby up front. I'm using oi for both home and away games and using the team talk guide. Any ideas on why i can't win away? Is it beacuse my defence is too weak? Or does it take a few games to let the team get used ot the formation?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Have a look at Liquid attack, based on Kimz but 4312.

With Spurs I usually buy Samba and sell Dawson. DMs are a bit weak but Zakora and Jenas may work but I changed this to Veloso and Banega and later Sankhare. VDV is a star retiring in season 10

What exactly is liquid attack sorry dont really use these forums so dont know all the technical terms?ive signed a few dm's having to use zokora for the moment whilst i shave injuries. D'allesandro works very well on the right of the 3 and modric is class in the middle.but these are just the ratings the goals are coming slowly just the defence. I looked at samba but he didnt look very good might have another look though. Thankyou

same problem, im lecce and struggling away. made a tweak based on riziger's tips, and it makes the opposition score less when im away, but i cant win as i lost the psat 3 games away 2-1. Genoa, Valencia and Napoli... Every time the opposition creates stuff, but score less, but i score toi little.. Lost the 1place in serie a on it, but liike the away goal against valencia..lol...

think t team may need to get used to it though, so not giving up, but fm 08 is waaay harder than 07 when playing a weak team.

If ide choosen inter i would have strolled to full score after a season i presume... so tired of loosing key matches...

Liquid attack

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/4552024104

I would normally use a AMC Modric a AM/FC Guilherme

a AMRLC Fernandez with Berbs upfront retrained to AM. These can be interchanged during game.

I use Ass Man for team talks and no OIs and so far 12 titles in 13 seasons with original V2 but with zonal marking and some cf.

Archived