kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,006 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

This is amazing, I finished 1se with Man Utd with 105 points goals F90 A26 34 wins 3 draws 1 loss ( which occured after i clinched the title by the way) For some reason however, i lost to Liverpool in Champions league qf, Newcastle in FA Cup, and Midlesbrough in League Cup,

Incredible

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Using as Aberdenn

I have won 3 and draw 3

BEat Rangers 3-2, Ayr 6-0 Inverness 3-1

draw Away to Celtic 0-0 and also draw 3-3 with Dundee UTD 1-1 with Motherwell

As Arsenal on the same game i have all 7 games with this tactic with following results

1-0 Derby

3-0 Blackburn

3-0 West Brom

6-0 Newcastle

3-0 Man City

7-0 Steaua

2-0 Bolton.

So this tactic is really good and appears to work well with different teams. Well done.

I got tired of manually setting the opponent instructions every match so I made a script using the freeware Autohotkey-program.

1. Download and install Autohotkey

2. Download the kimz-script (it's just plain text instructions, you can open and view it in notepad)

3. Doubleclick the file to get the script running

This script mimics mouse movements and mouse clicks.

Now, when you're in the "Opposition instructions"-screen in the match-tactics, press ALT-F1 to set tight marking to "always" for every midfielder and attacker. This works with the default skin, if you're using siple ultimate right-skin, press ALT-F2 instead.

You still have to check the tackling and right/left foot settings manually (see page 14 of this topic) but it saves a lot of clicks anyways.

I am playing as Holland manager and i haven’t had good success with this tactic yet.

Whenever i play against the likes of France, England, Spain etc. I generally concede within the first 20 minutes and mostly go on to lose the game from there.

I have been reading what a lot of people have said about this tactic and I find that everyone tends to win by 3+ goals. Whenever I win it is only by a goal or so.

I do good team talks and I always use your instructions for OI.

any help you could give would be great.

oh, not sure if this helps but i always seem to have 15+ shots and yet only score one goal or so (which generally means I will lose the match) I have no idea why though as my attack force is great

Robin Van Persie

Van Der Vaart Sneijder Babel

As you can see it is a bloody good attack force. Any help would be great. (I am using V2.1)

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Guest BeanCounter
Originally posted by Kalouless:

I got tired of manually setting the opponent instructions every match so I made a script using the freeware Autohotkey-program.

1. Download and install Autohotkey

2. Download the kimz-script (it's just plain text instructions, you can open and view it in notepad)

3. Doubleclick the file to get the script running

This script mimics mouse movements and mouse clicks.

Now, when you're in the "Opposition instructions"-screen in the match-tactics, press ALT-F1 to set tight marking to "always" for every midfielder and attacker. This works with the default skin, if you're using siple ultimate right-skin, press ALT-F2 instead.

You still have to check the tackling and right/left foot settings manually (see page 14 of this topic) but it saves a lot of clicks anyways.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Genius. icon_smile.gif

Darlington in the Prem after 3 successive promotions.

7 Games to go and we're 6th, 1/4 finals of the FA Cup and only a dodgy 94th minute pen knocked me out.

Jason Kennedy, starts at Middlesborough, had him on loan for 3 seasons before signing him permanently for 4.2m when in the prem, has scored 140 goals in 160 games over 4 seasons, he is a legend.

Big up to Kimz

Wonderful tactic! I mean first version! All I did was to use my training schedule, the tactic and opposition instructions! I did't change anything, in the first 7-8 games i was in the middle of the table but after that i won the Championship with 7 points lead! I won a lot of games with 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 or 5-2! 1/2 finals of the Romanian Cup (1-2 home and 1-0 away), Romania Supercup (3-1 against Steaua), The results were these: Champion with CFR Cluj in Romania with 34 23 7 4 88-33 76 points, win in the group phase against Olympique Marseille 3-1 at home (waiting the away game), lead after 11 games in the new championship with 11 9 0 2 27 points, 4th place with a small team in the first season- Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt (media prediction was 16!!!) and 2nd place after the a half of season with Hrvatska Dragovoljac Zagreb, an amateur team from the second Croatian League. I am not a mastermind of this games, i love to play it and to win and this tactic is the best tactic in the whole world!!! Congratulations for Kimz, YOU DID IT! I will play with other teams and I will get back with another results! The key: 1.Kimz version 1 of the tactic 2. training schedule for all players without goalkeepers, using all parts of training equally, a little low for strength and aerobic but overall one point below high (medim training), 3. team talks i use everytime (you can win at the beginning of the game, you can win if is draw or i lose at the half, thrilled if i have 2 or more goals above, pleased with the win, rarelly ''sensation'' and pleased despite the result. Another, WELL DONE KIMZ, YOU'RE THE BEST!

Originally posted by cjbltfc88v:

Darlington in the Prem after 3 successive promotions.

7 Games to go and we're 6th, 1/4 finals of the FA Cup and only a dodgy 94th minute pen knocked me out.

Jason Kennedy, starts at Middlesborough, had him on loan for 3 seasons before signing him permanently for 4.2m when in the prem, has scored 140 goals in 160 games over 4 seasons, he is a legend.

Big up to Kimz

Hello cjbltfc88v !!!

which version you used with Darlington?

Originally posted by Riziger:

kimz, I've got a rough idea on how to improve the overall defending on the tactic but not sure if i'm doing it right.

Firstly, I used the 2.1 with v1 layout, and changed it to 4-3-2-1 instead of 4-2-3-1.

The back four just defend, the 2 CMs on either side farrow out to the FR and FL position and the front 3 are left unchanged. 2 AMs farrowed into the FC position.

This means, by cutting the number of DMs to only 1, I feel the tactic will be defensively more stable.

With your tactic, while defending on the counter-attack, the defence will be left with 2 cbs and 2 cm/dm.

With my idea, the 5 man attack is still there, but we are left with 4 defenders and a sitting cm.

Tell me what you think. The tactic tends to dominate but I just feel it's not perfected yet.

Have you tried it? Screenie of layout?

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

I cant find the flex file in this thread could you please direct us again please?

I found the file on my computer and I copied it and sent it to the skins file but I cant apply it to my game, I click on skins and the only ones I can select are FM2008 and FM2008 right???

cheers GC

Flex 1.2

copy to skin folder

open FM08 preferences, display and sounds : untick use skin cache, tick always reload skin on confirm

click confirm

the get it back as before : tick use skin cache, untick always reload skin on confirm icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>can not download

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andrewyo:

kimz your ac milan(100GOAL) using V1 or v2/2.1/2.2(if V1 formation with v2.1 setting can you post ?)if v2/2.1/2.2 you have tweak can you post?(sorry my english so bad)

i used v2.1 as my default, and tweaking the tempo, width and DL almost on every match, as i mentioned before

sometimes change the tactic layout (using v2.1 with v1 layout) : Kimz_802_No_Tweaking_v21_with_v1_layout </div></BLOCKQUOTE>can't download

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted I guess.

I was in an amazingly good streak, winning like 18 out of 20 matches - and then it suddenly, basically, stopped working. icon_frown.gif

Now I'm constantly drawing and losing against crap teams. For example as I'm typing this, Sunderland (19th in the league) are scoring for fun against me, like I was a League One side. Obviously I'm still getting about three times more shots than they are, but just can't score. That's FM08.

Originally posted by jsl:

I was in an amazingly good streak, winning like 18 out of 20 matches - and then it suddenly, basically, stopped working. icon_frown.gif

Now I'm constantly drawing and losing against crap teams. For example as I'm typing this, Sunderland (19th in the league) are scoring for fun against me, like I was a League One side. Obviously I'm still getting about three times more shots than they are, but just can't score. That's FM08.

team talks.

are you heavily favored at home? if yes, you may need to expect a win.

Originally posted by Rio_V:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsl:

team talks.

are you heavily favored at home? if yes, you may need to expect a win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm doing the team talks just like I did before. I'm following Wolfsong's instructions. According to him, in 8.0.2 the "You can win" and "I expect a win" team talks don't work like they did in 8.0.1, infact they can have a negative effect. So I mostly just go with "Do it for the fans" when I'm heavily favoured. That's what I've done from the start, so I doubt the sudden change of fortune is because of that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rio_V:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsl:

team talks.

are you heavily favored at home? if yes, you may need to expect a win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm doing the team talks just like I did before. I'm following Wolfsong's instructions. According to him, in 8.0.2 the "You can win" and "I expect a win" team talks don't work like they did in 8.0.1, infact they can have a negative effect. So I mostly just go with "Do it for the fans" when I'm heavily favoured. That's what I've done from the start, so I doubt the sudden change of fortune is because of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If all you are doing is for the fans, it might. I have noticed my team go flat occasionally in situations where they should destroy the other team. Even just a change here or there might shake them up. Just a suggestion.

Also, you might want to call a few underperformers on the carpet. I find that works well particularly with your ST when he has gotten 2 or 3 6s in a row.

If I might just pop my two pennece worth about the team talks. I don't use Kimz tactic but noticed the last few posts were about team talks. What I seem to find that works is that "For the fans" is like a default setting which won't see morale drop or rise (on a rare occausion somtimes but not often.) "I expect a win" works really well when playing at home against teams you know you can beat, it'll motivate a lot of the players and you'll see a lot of "motivated, looked delighted" feedback. "You can win" is not as good as before 8.0.2 and should be used sparingly. The only times I sometimes use it is away in tight matches where I cross my fingers and hope it inspires a few players. It is really a role of the dice team talk because if you pull it off players are motivated, if not you get a few demotivated ones.

Well I now browsed through the Wolfsong thread again and found a couple of tips. It seems that, after a bad run, saying "We can win this" can help. I did that - and beat Aston Villa 6-0 at home. icon_smile.gif So let's see if things have turned for good now. I had a couple of great matches before too, but then the bad run continued, so let's see. Another tip I found now is, that "I expect a win" can indeed help if you're against very weak team.

Well, first tough game, against Liverpool at away. They obviously have a good squad but for some reason they have been playing like **** and are currently 8th in the league. Odds very even. I chose the "Do it for the supporters" team talk.

I had twice as many shots (16-8) but it was the same old story, they scored the goals, and I lost 1-3.

Great tactit but i'm afraid, just like the game, it's just too frustraiting. Produces some wonderfull results and streaks, 8-0 etc.. then..

you get the really anoying games.. the one where the computer goes out the window. the 'super goalies' the games where you have 15 shots on target and score 1 and your opponents get 4 shots on target and 4 goals. 4-1 icon_mad.gif

So i just hope FM09 will be better! untill then i will stay with your tactic and guess just have to put up with theses very annoying games!

stuck this on holiday for 40 years with Manchester United (stopping every summer to deal with transfers and staff etc), won the league every year and around 25 CL titles, adjusted the defensive line slightly every year too and its still going strong in 2050, although I've always had great players and staff the tactic definitely lasts

Originally posted by ljd150:

Great tactit but i'm afraid, just like the game, it's just too frustraiting. Produces some wonderfull results and streaks, 8-0 etc.. then..

you get the really anoying games.. the one where the computer goes out the window. the 'super goalies' the games where you have 15 shots on target and score 1 and your opponents get 4 shots on target and 4 goals. 4-1 icon_mad.gif

So i just hope FM09 will be better! untill then i will stay with your tactic and guess just have to put up with theses very annoying games!

I agree with you completely. It's a ****ing joke how often I now get headlines saying "Newcastle unlucky in defeat" etc. Unlucky my ass, luck is random, and this sure isn't.

Right. My next match against THE LAST team in the league, and it's at home.

I'm a huge favourite so I go with the "I expect a win". Well, no. I dominate from the start as always, and eventually score - only for them to equalize from their second shot of the game. It goes to HT at 1-1, and I go with the "Do it for the fans" team talk, with individual "Disappointed" for rating 6's, and "You have faith" for rating 8+ and substitutes.

Result: Shots 21-5, score 1-1.

This game is officially sh*t.

Seriously, what the hell can cause this? I mean I started with like 18 wins in 20 matches, including epic wins from the giants like ManU and Arsenal. Then suddenly my players fail to convert the chances anymore, and my defense starts leaking. Nothing really changed other than my players just won't put it in the net anymore, and the AI does increasingly. I still dominate just like before.

It can't be just bad luck, as luck is random, where as there's a clear pattern here.

I have heard rumours that in FM08, if you "overachieve too much" then the game does just that, basically takes goals away from you and gives some to AI. If that's actually true then this is officially the shitt*est excuse for a managing game I have every played.

As for those team talks, they did ****, in one way or another. "Nothing Specific Noted" for every players at pre-match and at half-time, expect "Delighted" for one sub at ht.

Next match: Odds 1.25 me, 10.0 opponent. I go with "I expect a win", at HT it's 1-1, then I say "For the fans" but "Disappointed" to 6- ratings and "You can make the difference" for 8+ and subs. Match ends 1-1. icon_rolleyes.gif

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming this tactic, it's still the best tactic I've tried for FM08.

just want to add my name to the list of people loving this tactic...

started it with a carlisle game and, while i am leaking alot of goals, it's a 'we will score 1 more than you' tactic, which is just what i wanted.

thanks alot icon_smile.gif

Next match: Odds 1.25 me, 10.0 opponent. I go with "I expect a win", at HT it's 1-1, then I say "For the fans" but "Disappointed" to 6- ratings and "You can make the difference" for 8+ and subs. Match ends 1-1. icon_rolleyes.gif

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming this tactic, it's still the best tactic I've tried for FM08.

Were you at home? I would say "I want to see more from you" if it's an opponent that has a 10-1 odds.

Okay, against Derby (19th) at away, SAME STORY AGAIN - first half ends 1-1 after they score from their second shot of the game (at that point I had 19 shots).

After the final whistle I have 29 shots against their 2, and the final score is 1-1.

I think it's pretty ****ing obvious that the AI cheats, and does it to prevent you from doing "too good". What a joke SI Games icon13.gif

it's the most frustrating game ever!

you could win only if you are mourinho, but I have my own life and cannot spend all of my time psychoanalyzing AI!

Team talks, OI, were funny adds to the game. now they totally control it!

And that simply sucks.

It feels like a case of what else can we do!!

you read the thread (all 25 pages) 3 times! you note the key issues.. correct players for the positions, team talks, Oi instructions.

You read wolfgangs teamtalk guide 5 times!

but still... we fail! losing or drawing to inferior teams where you have 30 shots and they have 3.

You just can't explain it! Short of watching each game in full, I really don't know what to do! I do miss the old CM even early FM days! icon13.gif

But it still is the best tactic around! major congrats to Kim for creating this in a frustrating game

Talking about pitch size, which kind of pitch size is optimal for this tactic? So I know what to say when my pitch man asks me the next time. So far I have always just chose the standard length.

i design these tactics on standard pitch size, i recommend using standard length icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Fabs:

I noticed the Striker and the three AM usually shoot from outside the box.

Is there any way to make them go into the opponent area ? Shooting from closer increases chances to score IMO.

reduce your tempo, but it depend on ai defensive line,

if ai play high DL its difficult make your players on their box, even if you drop your tempo to very slow

your players score or not depending on how much space they got, imo

players mean the shooter and the assister

if they get a lot of space, they will score easily

thats why we should tweak it...... to create space

hope it helps icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Riziger:

kimz, I've got a rough idea on how to improve the overall defending on the tactic but not sure if i'm doing it right.

Firstly, I used the 2.1 with v1 layout, and changed it to 4-3-2-1 instead of 4-2-3-1.

The back four just defend, the 2 CMs on either side farrow out to the FR and FL position and the front 3 are left unchanged. 2 AMs farrowed into the FC position.

This means, by cutting the number of DMs to only 1, I feel the tactic will be defensively more stable.

With your tactic, while defending on the counter-attack, the defence will be left with 2 cbs and 2 cm/dm.

With my idea, the 5 man attack is still there, but we are left with 4 defenders and a sitting cm.

Tell me what you think. The tactic tends to dominate but I just feel it's not perfected yet.

the problem with this change is we get 1 player only at center pitch,

we need 3 players on center pitch while attacking imo

but maybe im wrong, just try your change, and give us your feedback on your experiment icon14.gif

Originally posted by Jamie1weston:

I'm having problems with my away form, i'm using version two with the patch. I'm Spurs and have in my opinion a fairly decent squad not great but good enough to get 5th or 6th place. My home form with kimz 2 has been good i have wond 4 out of four including games against chelsea and united but i havn't scored more than 3 in a game.which as long as i get the win isnt an issue. However my away form has been awful and ive lost three out of three all against poor teams. My defense isnt amazing because King is injured and Dawson is only just back and lacking match fitness but i still have woodgate and Kaboul at the back along with bale and hutton as wing backs. My midfield is pretty good as well as i have vdv, modric, d'allesandro and berby up front. I'm using oi for both home and away games and using the team talk guide. Any ideas on why i can't win away? Is it beacuse my defence is too weak? Or does it take a few games to let the team get used ot the formation?

Any help greatly appreciated!

have you tried v2.1 and v2.1 with v1 layout

download it at page 16

Originally posted by cdc1287:

I am playing as Holland manager and i haven’t had good success with this tactic yet.

Whenever i play against the likes of France, England, Spain etc. I generally concede within the first 20 minutes and mostly go on to lose the game from there.

I have been reading what a lot of people have said about this tactic and I find that everyone tends to win by 3+ goals. Whenever I win it is only by a goal or so.

I do good team talks and I always use your instructions for OI.

any help you could give would be great.

oh, not sure if this helps but i always seem to have 15+ shots and yet only score one goal or so (which generally means I will lose the match) I have no idea why though as my attack force is great

Robin Van Persie

Van Der Vaart Sneijder Babel

As you can see it is a bloody good attack force. Any help would be great. (I am using V2.1)

Thanks in advance,

Chris

if you dominate the game, and your players got a lot of space, but not scoring...... thats your team talk

otherwise, you need tweak it on DL, tempo and width, and make space for your 3 AMC

my team talk is for club, i never try it on national teams......maybe it needs different team talk.....

Originally posted by pancu:

sorry my ignorance(and my english too kimz icon_biggrin.gif) but is this tactic good for FM 8.0.0 or 8.0.1(i hate 8.0.2 -have my reasons)

never try it on previous patch ... try it and give us your feedback icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by manuchoo:

hey everbody and kimz .. can you tell me what is the best kimz tactic version 1.0 ? or 2.1 ? and please tell me what's the best tactic with defence..

i use v2.1 with v1 layout as default and change it to v2.1 when struggle

Originally posted by Dexter St Jock:

Were you at home? I would say "I want to see more from you" if it's an opponent that has a 10-1 odds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think on very high pressure game, we should not give more pressure on players with "I expect a win", even against very weak team

use other team talk that make your player relax on very high pressure game like final cup

Archived