dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will give it a go. Have just completed the Dafuge Challenge in FM09 with FC United of Manchester. Winning the Premiership and Championsleague in season 2024/2025.

I'm hoping for FC United of Manchester again. Good luck to all players.

Yes he is foost ;)

Thx guys, i will continue but im finding it hard to motivate myself right now. But hopefully i will get my spirit back with a couple of days away from the game.

I do want revenge ;)

You can do it :thup: think how far you've come, and how awesome it'll feel when you do it :)

Well our facilities have now both been upgraded to Adequate and the board have agreed to improve them further next season, though rather worryingly I've just noticed my chairmans status has changed to Happy to Stay - over the last couple of seasons it's dropped from Loves to Enjoying to now Happy, which means a takeover is likely to happen in the next few years (I'm not sure how many levels of Chairman status their are before a takeover is rumoured?) and I could really do without another long winded Transfer Embargo.

Great, my Iranian centre midfielder I signed on a free from Brann isn't settling in well, so I have been suggested to sign another Iranian to help the settling in process. Iranians are hard to find in the game, unlike real life England ;)

Good, I asked the player for a suggestion, and he recommended a guy who plays in Georgia, so I can scout him. £325k value is putting me off a bit though :|

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Direct link Thandui :thup:

Won my 4th Round FA Cup replay against QPR to set up a 5th round tie away at Tottenham. Played them 5 years ago in the 3rd round, when I drew with them away from home, but lost 4-0 in the replay. Was in League 2 then, so maybe I can pull off an upset this time. Already made £2 million in profits this year being in the Championship, helped from a League Cup near sell out against Chelsea in their 57k Zola Stadium, so hopefully we get a sell out, or near to, at White Hart Lane which is at the moment a 55k all seater.

Top four of the premierleague this season are: Newcastle, Hull, Bolton and Fulham, who won the league the last two seasons. Newcastle are managed by Dave Penney, Hull are managed by Fernando Torres :cool: , Bolton are managed by Peter Farrell, who starts the game as a youth coach at Bolton, and Fulham are led by Gary Neville. It is worth noting as well that Hull and Bolton are owned by foreigners (Serbians and Israelis respectively)

Hey everyone im back and continuing my sutton utd save.

Great 1st match back

Congratz everone on all your successes:thup: i have been keeping up with this thread

unlucky kaNovi that is definately the harshest way to lose the league but hopefully you will be able to get revnege next season.

Good luck Terk see if you can have as much success at Bradford Park Avenue as you did at Liverpool

Won my 4th Round FA Cup replay against QPR to set up a 5th round tie away at Tottenham. Played them 5 years ago in the 3rd round, when I drew with them away from home, but lost 4-0 in the replay. Was in League 2 then, so maybe I can pull off an upset this time. Already made £2 million in profits this year being in the Championship, helped from a League Cup near sell out against Chelsea in their 57k Zola Stadium, so hopefully we get a sell out, or near to, at White Hart Lane which is at the moment a 55k all seater.

Top four of the premierleague this season are: Newcastle, Hull, Bolton and Fulham, who won the league the last two seasons. Newcastle are managed by Dave Penney, Hull are managed by Fernando Torres , Bolton are managed by Peter Farrell, who starts the game as a youth coach at Bolton, and Fulham are led by Gary Neville. It is worth noting as well that Hull and Bolton are owned by foreigners (Serbians and Israelis respectively)

Bolton are currently top of the Prem in my game having won all six games so far.

Fulham are doing quite well in my game in 2018 (it looked a little weird being told in a news item I could face big guns such as Man Utd, Liverpool and Fulham) looks like they got an English Tycoon takeover in 2011 and have gone through quite a few managers - Javier Aguirre, Roberton Mancini, Carlo Ancelotti, Thomas Schaaf, Rafa Benitez, Vicente Del Bosque so after trying all of them their current manager is Gareth Southgate :D - in 7 years they have finished second and third in the Prem once each and lost the FA Cup final once.

Newcastle are currently third in the Prem after having been in Administration three times (in 2011, 2012 and 2013) though being taken over by a Kuwaiti Tycoon has stopped that.

Karen Brady took over Arsenal a few years back after they had two takeovers within three months.

Owen Coyle is still in charge of Burnley, Roberto Di Matteo is in charge of Chelsea.

Liverpool are managed by USA Manager Bob Bradley who took over after Noel Blake left (Forced to employ an ex-Stoke Youth Coach :D)

On the 19.12.2017 Man City fired Mark Hughes and hired Roberto Mancini on the 22.12.2017 - which is the same day he was fired IRL just 8 years earlier :eek:

Whilst Matt Hill in his first job has just been appointed England Manager.

Lost convincingly 3-0 to Tottenham, but made £1.2 million, and finally the board are agreeing with me that the facilities need improving, as they now have the money for it. Thank god for that.

Rafa is still at Liverpool in my game, despite derailing recently. He has finished 11th and 10th in the last two season, and are 11 at the moment, after a bit of a mixed bag beforehand including missing out on the Champions League 4 times, winning the league twice, winning the Club World Cup twice, winning two Champions Leagues, and losing out in the best placed playoff in 2015 to Dortmund, winning 1 Europa Cup, winning 1 Super Cup and losing 2, winning 3 FA Cups, no League Cups and losing 5 out of 5 Community Shield matches. Bit of a mixed bag there. Christian Purslow, the director of football in real life at the moment, is chairman as well.

Karen Brady at Arsenal :D I match that with Emiliano Insua being a legend at Liverpool, whereas Torres who saw out his career there is only a favoured personnel. Rafa's a legend, along with Stevie G, and Glen Johnson is also favoured personnel, and is a coach at Birmingham.

Man City have been through several managers in this period, including Mancini :D They are:

Mark Hughes (Sacked)

Martin O'Neill (retired)

Winfried Schafer (retired, who is he though?)

Roberto Mancini (30.5.2017, sacked 7 months later)

Javie Aguirre (sacked)

Didier Deschamps :D (Sacked)

Neil Bailey (caretaker, lasted all of 8 days)

Josep Guardiola (current manager)

All that has yearned them the grand amount of 1 Premierleague title, under O'Neill, which he retired after doing so. Won 1 Club World Cup, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa Cup, 2 Fa Cups, 4 League Cups and 2 Community Shields. Not bad I guess.

After selling on two of my three top strikers this summer, I found it hard to find two strikers to bring in. I found one outstanding player but had to spend £32million on him (granted I was happy to and you'll see why when I post this season's review.) I couldn't find anyone worth spending millions on so I decided to recall my youth prospect Connor Buchanan from his 2nd season loan in the Championship and give him a chance to impress.

Not bad for his first league start.

2013-2014 Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

An awful season with the only good point being the FA Trophy run to the 4th round before meeting Histon.

BSP-19th

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-2nd round v Mansfield

FA Trophy-4th round v Histon

Transfers

Manager Overview

Next season I would like a higher league position.

Previous Seasons

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None

I swear the game likes to mock me sometimes, my Peruvian Defender cannot settle and he recommends a Peruvian Striker also at Levski, he's worth £275K so I make a bid and a Portuguese side go and bid £1.8m that is out of my reach :(

I never really got many alerts about people not being settled, did that change with 10.2?

Then again I never went to far to look for players.

Also no game is harder to win then playing the last or next to last place team when leading the league.

Karen Brady at Arsenal :D I match that with Emiliano Insua being a legend at Liverpool, whereas Torres who saw out his career there is only a favoured personnel. Rafa's a legend, along with Stevie G, and Glen Johnson is also favoured personnel, and is a coach at Birmingham.

The Legends feature seems a little messed up which is a shame.

Arsenal list Gael Clichy as a legend (though he did average 7.64 over 400 games) and a 26yo Jack Wilshere who joined Newcastle two seasons ago.

Joe Cole and Rossi are Chelsea legends, whilst Xisco is a Newcastle legend, and Joe Mattock and Palacios are Spurs legends and a 26yo Jonjo Shelvey is a West Ham legend.

Mboro hold Tom Cleverley in the same regard as Juninho.

Got my first two wonderkids!! Here's their profiles:

Massimiliano Maggio

Perry Fisher

Assman says Maggio is playing at full potential already, but I hope there's a bit more to come from his physicals, as 3 or 4 more points on his acceleration/jumping/strength would make him a monster. I'll be surprised if he really has peaked at 18 too...

Hey everyone im back and continuing my sutton utd save.

Great 1st match back

Congratz everone on all your successes:thup: i have been keeping up with this thread

unlucky kaNovi that is definately the harshest way to lose the league but hopefully you will be able to get revnege next season.

Good luck Terk see if you can have as much success at Bradford Park Avenue as you did at Liverpool

Nice result :thup:

And thanks for the positive thoughts, the Liverpool save hasn't ended, just taking a back seat for a few days whilst I get to grips with this one.

I never really got many alerts about people not being settled, did that change with 10.2?

Then again I never went to far to look for players.

Also no game is harder to win then playing the last or next to last place team when leading the league.

He's the first player (I remember) to not settle, but then the few players I have signed over the years have come from UK or French clubs, it's a shame the two Spanish and Bulgarian players I have haven't helped him to settle (but then I've just noticed he didn't manage to learn Bulgarian after spending two years in the country, so the signs were there) and I don't think it affects loan players.

I always find it hard against struggling teams, but I think it's largely due to the fact that we are rarely favourites so my tactics aren't setup to play against teams who sit back and defend it also doesn't help that my players don't put the effort in as they thing they should win the games easily.

Argh, I've just been offered the job of mid table Liverpool, who are offering me £30.5 million transfer budget and £1.3 million a week wage budget. Will make a duplicate of this save, so I can return and bring Liverpool back to glory after completing this challenge.

Heartbreaking stuff.

Argh, I've just been offered the job of mid table Liverpool, who are offering me £30.5 million transfer budget and £1.3 million a week wage budget. Will make a duplicate of this save, so I can return and bring Liverpool back to glory after completing this challenge.

Heartbreaking stuff.

I've got a couple of interesting offers to have a go with if I get bored - Man Utd with £80m to spend (IIRC), and Everton with £40m to spend.

Got my first two wonderkids!! Here's their profiles:

Massimiliano Maggio

Perry Fisher

Assman says Maggio is playing at full potential already, but I hope there's a bit more to come from his physicals, as 3 or 4 more points on his acceleration/jumping/strength would make him a monster. I'll be surprised if he really has peaked at 18 too...

Are these bought or you're own youth players?

Are these bought or you're own youth players?

Bought in unfortunately. Got 3 from our own academy who came in last season, made about 20-30 first team appearances between them last season, one is now first choice in all but the toughest matches, one is first backup left winger and the other is second backup left winger, so they're doing alright. No wonderkids amongst them yet though!

Bristol City have been brought out by Henrik Larsson, who is rumoured to want to replace Phil Jagielka as manager with Emile Heskey :D

The only players to have bought clubs in my game are Danny Dichio who has bought Wigan, and Thomas Helveg who bought Derby.

I've also just noticed that Chelsea and Spurs are the only top-flight teams to have expanded their stadiums so far as have Peterborough and Sheff Wed (45,000 capacity in League One :eek:), whislst Chesterfield are the only team to have moved (and that looked pre-arranaged).

Archived