dafuge's FM10 challenge

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood - Season 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

A very successful season led us to top the table by a

fair few points.

Unfortunately, we blew it in the FA trophy final.

Our key performers:

Davide Enrico Somma looked way too good for this level - and was!

James Keatings continued where he left off.

Mansour Assoumani was a rock at the heart of defence.

In other news, Man Utd won the Premiership, Chelsea the League Cup, and Arsenal the FA Cup. Both European trophies came to Madrid - the European Cup to Real (against Barcelona!) and the UEFA Cup to Athletico.

I can see League 2 being a lot tougher now - however i'm looking forward to the club finally turning professional.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I've been reading this entire thread, plus I've read last year's challenge thread as well, and also both (2009 and 2010) of dafuge's career threads. Anyway, I've been thinking of trying this challenge, but have never managed below the Championship level. One of the big things that trouble me when managing in Championship, not to mention anything lower than that, is I can't seem to figure out what standard of player to look for. Is there any sort of general consensus as to what level of attributes should be excellent in BSN/S, BSP, League 2, League 1?

I also read somewhere in this thread that any player with key attributes of 10 or above would be excellent in the Blue Square North or South, does this also apply for Blue Square Premier? For example a striker with 10 finishing, would that be considered excellent for BSN/S or BSP level?

Hi everyone, I've been reading this entire thread, plus I've read last year's challenge thread as well, and also both (2009 and 2010) of dafuge's career threads. Anyway, I've been thinking of trying this challenge, but have never managed below the Championship level. One of the big things that trouble me when managing in Championship, not to mention anything lower than that, is I can't seem to figure out what standard of player to look for. Is there any sort of general consensus as to what level of attributes should be excellent in BSN/S, BSP, League 2, League 1?

I also read somewhere in this thread that any player with key attributes of 10 or above would be excellent in the Blue Square North or South, does this also apply for Blue Square Premier? For example a striker with 10 finishing, would that be considered excellent for BSN/S or BSP level?

Yeah over 10s for key attributes.

2018/2019 - Billericay Town - Barclay's Premier League

League Position - 2nd

TABLE

GRAPH

Well, then there was that. Easily my best season yet with the Blues, we started off solid, got stronger as the year went on, had a little January blip, and then carried from strength to strength in the final third. The key to the season was probably the acquisition of Dave Pickering from recently relegated Leeds. The wonderkid did the business in midfield all season long, scoring and providing in quantity, and eventually winning both his first cap and the PFA young players award.

Its odd, though I finished 2nd, and though I really never looked like anything less than European qualification, it does feel a bit of a mirage. The team was classier than any I've managed previously, but we never looked like we might possibly win the league, and while we got goals from everywhere (8 different players with at least 5) there was no real consistent source (top scorer was Romagnoli on 14). While Ikäheimo and Kristic both look like they could be world-class scorers, neither one is the sort I can rely on for a goal when I need it. And while my defense has been solid, and for that matter, been together for a long time (my 3 center halves have been with the squad 5 years or more), they're not exactly Cannavaro and Baldini back there. Still, its success beyond my wildest dreams, and I'm pretty sure at a minimum we'll be good enough to stay in the division from here on out.

The only major downside really is the squad is about to get very expensive, and while they're of good standard, they're probably not worth what they're about to get paid. I have to find a little bit more creative quality while staying somewhat frugal in the market. While there are both training facility and stadium upgrades in the offing next season, they will probably only result in my facilities improving to Championship level, rather than the current League One level, but not the Premiership quality needed.

The cups were a mixed bag, we stormed through the early rounds of the Carling Cup en route to a semi-final faceoff with our bogey team Villa. We had a one-nil in the home leg until the 90th, when they drew level. That carried into the return fixture where we never had a chance. I was enticed by silverware and sort of sloughed off the FA Cup, going down in the 4th round in a replay at Elland Road.

FA cup results

League Cup

As stated, I was still relatively frugal in the market, but I definitely used some of that bob they've been giving me to play with this time.

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Manuel Rodríguez Sánchez - Rodríguez Sánchez is yet still a fan favorite, though he's probably been pipped by Castro as first choice in the stopper role. Was named in the Team of the Season along with Pickering.

Lasse Ikäheimo - The Finnish starlet was no doubt my player of the season, despite what the fans thought. While it took a bit for the goals to start coming, he's no doubt Champions League quality. The PFA Young Players Award voters

Dave Pickering - My first top-class Englishman, I spoke of him earlier. He was immense in the run-in.

David Castro - The Spaniard has been with us a while now, and his quality really showed with some immense goals.

Federico Fratus - He did nothing special this season, but the Ricay captain joined us in League Two, and became the clubs all-time appearance leader this year. While both Spanish defenders are probably superior, I admit to a soft spot for him.

Alberto Romagnoli - The Italian striker has been with us for a while now, and while again, completely flummoxed by any pressure, he was our top scorer this year.

In the next season, I plan to really trim the squad a good bit, whilst seeking a new batch of youngsters to bring through. I don't expect to do anything more than enjoy the experience of playing in the UCL, and really, I just hope we can handle the offseason transition period well enough to compete for it again this year.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round; FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 2nd round; FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion; FA Cup - 2nd round; League Cup - 1st round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

2013/2014 - Coca-Cola League One - 12th; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2014/2015 - Coca-Cola League One - 3rd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2015/2016 - Coca-Cola Championship - 10th; FA Cup 6th round; League Cup - 2nd round

2016/2017 - Coca-Cola Championship - 6th, promoted via playoffs; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 1st round

2017/2018 - Barclay's Premier League - 16th; FA Cup - Semi Final; League Cup - 2nd round

2018/2019 - Barclay's Premier League - 2nd; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - Semi Final

10+ for key attributes in the BSN/S is definitely good enough, especially pace, jumping and strength. When you get to the BSP however, the top teams usually have a number of players good enough for L1 and L2 anyway, but I have found it's not that hard to find these sorts of players yourself.

A striker with 10 finishing is probably good enough for L2 as long as it's combined with pace, or heading/jumping/strength.

Thanks guys,

So would this be a good scale for player standard?

BSN/S: >10

BSP: >11

League 2: >12

League 1: >13

Something along those lines, but I wouldn't quite be so scientific about it. More I would say that physical attributes are more important at the lower levels, and whatever you do, don't fall in love with a player so much that you're overpaying for him. They're all pretty interchangable at that level.

Thanks guys,

So would this be a good scale for player standard?

BSN/S: >10

BSP: >11

League 2: >12

League 1: >13

It really depends on where those attributes are.

For example in the BSP, if you pair a pacy striker (say 15 for pace and acceleration) with a deeper lying striker who is strong and good in the air, then even if his finishing isn't great he'll still bag plenty as his pace will get him a lot of one on ones.

BTW SMSL, you had a takeover?

No I'm afraid my chairman is in love with the club.:thdn:

Sadly at the City Ground I seem to get quite a few postponements.

On the plus side we have managed to fill Abbey Stadium almost every home game. Thats a capacity of 8,600 however, we're now back at the 3,400 capacity City Ground. We also managed to sell ALL our season tickets of 1,531.

Pre-Season Update

Only had 2 friendlies so fitness may not be right up to scratch. We still had good results beating Ilkeston 1-0 and BSP side Dag & Red 3-0. Made a few signings. Most of which are younger players which will hopefully develop into starting players for me.

Have been given surprising odds of 8-1 and reckon i'm a good chance for promotion. Lets hope they are right.

Also, when im posting. I can't see the buttons like bolding words or posting pictures and such. Is there a way i can get them up somehow as i cant mesmorise them all :o

Also, when im posting. I can't see the buttons like bolding words or posting pictures and such. Is there a way i can get them up somehow as i cant mesmorise them all :o

click on the advanced button to bring them up

i cant understand the AI.

i have a 18yo youth player who is rated at 1/2 star potential by all 8 of my coaches and i was going to let him go. West Ham in the prem have made a bid of 0 + a friendly and 20% of next sale.

I keep wondering if they are seeing something i'm not or they are just daft

Edit: West ham signed him as a backup player with £6500 p/w wages, i just scouted him my 20/20 scout says he is a good blue sq prem player in potential :D

It goes without saying that a lot of fans are deeply upset at his going and would welcome him back :rolleyes:

I got the chop. Bit gutted, considering I kept them up in the end, and knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup.

Sigh.

Thats really tough luck, your chairman must be really ambitious in nature, are you going to start again?

Kingstonian (2018/2019)

Championship Prediction - 22

Championship Position - 12

Table

Graph

Summary

The stupid decision to loan 30m to a new stadium had me selling some of my best players as i had to reduce the wage bill with 20.000 euros.

I did and we did -okay- i think next season might look a little bit like this one as our new stadium first arrives next season.

Our finance are rated as insecure although i have managed to raise a lot of money from sold players so our balance right now is on 5m which should be enough for next season.

Squad

Alvarez Championship top goalscorer!

Libertazzi A frightning duo!

Connolly My ass man hates him but he always grabs his chance and plays well every single season

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Im hoping for a mid-table finish and a good cup run! im not sure we can fight for a promotion place unless we get more room in the budget

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none

Wow things are improving :D sitting 4th in the Premiership at the start of November, looking good. Also doing well in the Europa League, having qualified for the knockout stages. Things are looking very good for FC United, shows what a few signings can do.

kaNovi, Looks like a reasonable season there as you have clearly had to cut costs.

Don't understand how Alvarez did so well with his low finishing for that level.

They have now giving me 4 m in transfer budget which iam not gonna spend, but i think im gonna make some room in the budget to allow me to have more than 5 substitutes, i was lucky last season not to have more than 3 players injured at a time.

I agree about Alvarez.. he doesnt have the greatest attributes, but i think it might have something to do with a great partner in front.. he scored 18 goals in 35 games last year with an 7,03 avr, so he must have something going for him :)

Gargra - Chippenham Town - Barclays Premier League - 2015/2016

Was hoovering just above relegation spots for first half of season. Made a change to tactics playing with anchor-man in dmc position instead of a amc and my games started to go more my way and eventually ended up 13th. Did terrible in all cups going out after 1 and 2 games.

League Table

Transfers - Guglielmi was probably my best buy this season money compared to performance. Actually bought him as backup and company for Benedetti since i had no italians in squad from before and he ended up as best average defender.

Finances - got profit each month. i guess it might be my wages still beeing very low. i'm not sure.

Squad

Key Players:

Emerson - Highest average. Won Young Player of the Year and ended up in Team of the Year.

Francesco Guglielmi - Highest average defender.

Enrico Teodorani - Most goals.

Rocha - Most assists.

Enzo Dubus - Delivered another decent season in goal.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South           4th         Promotion(Playoff)
2011/12    Blue Sqaure Premier         3rd         Promotion(Playoff), FA Trophy
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          3rd         Promotion
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 1          4th         Promotion(Playoff), Johnstone's Paint Trophy
2014/15    Coca-Cola Championship      5th         Promotion(Playoff)
2015/16    Barclays Premier League     13th

Next season

New stadium should be ready soon and players probably gonna demand new contracts soon so i guess my finances won't change much. Season goal is just to avoid relegation again and finish around mid table waiting for some players to develope more.

So with 40 games gone Nantwich are at last safe from relegation from League Two for another season, well unless we enter administration, interestingly we are only 7pts off the playoffs with a game in hand - League Two is rather weird in that there is only 10pts seperating 7th-19th, yet there are also 10pts seperating 4th from 7th and 21st from 23rd.

Guiseley Season 3 Review- League: Blue Square Prem

Media prediction- 24th

Final Position - 15th

A reasonable Season- it was clear from early on we would not be involved in either the promotion push or the relegation dogfight we suited me fine in our 1st season in this league.

Table

Squad

We didn't get in either the player stats or team stats so no point posting them this season.

Key Players:

Brown Nice Dc who formed a strong partnership with Ward.

Ward Our best dc according to my assistant- i hope he can play for my club as long as he is up to the standard.

Thurlbourne One of our cms who can play dm also- i noticed he is a favoured player of the club.

Massey one of my 2 main strikers- our leading player in value at 20 years old- hopefully he can score a few more next season though.

Players i would like :D

I had a look at a few of the top regens in my game:

Chelsea st

Amazing Dc

Of course there are many others i would like to sign but i would be posting forever :p

Finances As with many clubs in this challenge finances are poor- i shall look to lower wages but expect a similar loss next season.

Transfers All signed on free transfers as budget is low- ward and massey probably were the 2 best out of them.

Next Season- I am looking to sign a few quality players in the end of contracts as my reputation should be higher being a BSP team now. I'll look to make a few loans if necessary. I plan to get rid of the deadwood to lower wages. In terms of position i want to reach the playoffs next season, promotion would be nice but i do not expect too much.

Thanks Tom

\o/ qualified for the Champions League knockout stages with a game to spare! Could even win the group if we beat Fenerbahce and FC Bayern fail to beat Benfica :) would be top of the group if we'd held on against Bayern at home :mad:

2014/15 - Hendon - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 19th

League Finish: 11th

League Graph

FA Trophy - Poor run really but we faced stern opposition and were the weaker team on the day.

FA Cup - A better than the Trophy which ended at Nott'm Forest on TV which upped the finances very well.

Transfers

Squad

Key Player Profiles

Jon André Fredriksen - The Norwegian was recommended to me by my coach and provided 9 goals whilst contributing 11 for our scoring total.

Luca Santonocito - Luca was phenominal in the centre of the park and provided 15 goals throughout the season.

Michael Stewart - The former Hearts DM was very good and the stopper in defensive midfield. The aggresive lad cut out any attack the opposition attempted to start very well.

Danijel Subotic - Once again, top scorer with 16 goals and provided 10. Great contribution.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd             Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th               None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th                None

Was looking for a new keeper and found this Rodrigao. Wasn't cheap but i think he'll be worth it.

Bad start of season so far. 8 players away in international duty for first 2 games.. i still beat united somehow... my best midfielder came back injured for 5 weeks....

Nantwich Town – League Two 2014/15 – Season 5

So after a disappointing season last season, I hoped for a better season this year.

Transfers - I went about bring in a couple of experienced players - DM Sam Togwell, right wingers Lomana LuaLua and Jermaine Johnson and rather surprisingly we managed to sign Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink - whilst he may not be able to run, if I can get the ball to him he should be deadly.

Other signings included two french strikers Agosta and Acapandie and a France based Malian defender Toungara, I also brought in four youngsters on loan to add some depth.

Player sales saw me try and cut the budget by selling anyone outside the first 18 - with Nardiello, Assoumani and Krushovski all joining Crawley who appeared to have got some money from somewhere.

I then suffered my first player to demand a move to a bigger club when left back Wiggins demanded a move after the Wycombe manager spoke to the press about him, so with him unhappy and unwilling to sign a new contract he was offered out and Exeter stumped up £100k for him.

In January with the club losing money Frenchmen Manceau and Ghezzal were sold as their wage demands were far to much for squad players, whilst Strikers Gould and Keatings were let go on free's before the Welsh teams tried to get them thus freeing up some wages.

So the expectations for the season were to Consolidate again, whilst again the bookies gave us no chance and the media expected us to finish 20th again.

Whilst I hoped for more, but it wasn't to be, we just never got going and when my strikers did get going my defence would make woeful mistakes.

Table - In the end we finished 15th, rather annoying is that we had the second best away record in the league, however we countered that by being woeful at home :(

POS Graph - Shows the story - when we got within site of the playoffs we collasped, only to recover when it looked like we'd get dragged into a relegation fight.

Stats - We made 40 less mistakes this season, but conceeded 6 more goals due to mistakes :(

Overview - The cups didn't go much better, Colchester knocked us out of the FA Cup in the Second Round, whilst Crewe sent us crashing out of the Paint Trophy in the first round.

The Carling Cup went well for 45 minutes as we took a 2-0 lead over Championship Middlesbrough at the Riverside, before we fell apart in the second half and lost 5-2. On the plus side we earned £175K from the game which proved to be very valuable.

Squad

Grant Adam continued in goal, however he made several mistakes this season and it looks like I'll be looking for a new keeper next season.

Yanis Lacombe continued at right back, whilst Grant Basey reclaimed the left back spot as he was my only left back.

In the centre of defence Yanis Abbes was my strongest defender, with Daniel Ayala, Moussa Toungara and Chris Kirk all fighting to partner him though none of them were consistent enough to claim the spot out right and I'll be looking for a new defender next season.

On the wings Lomana LuaLua proved to be a good signing grabbing 11 assists, however he struggled for fitness in the second half of the season, whilst Jermaine Johnson struggled to make an impact, on the left Stephen Brogan had a good season but like most of my team went missing in several games.

In the middle Sam Togwell was brought in to shore up my team, but he struggled to keep his place ahead of the impressive Matthew Whyte who is developing nicely and is only let down by the bug that stops the game from giving midfielders decent marking/positioning attributes. Whilst the game finally gave me a semi-decent youth player Adam Curran who has a three star potential (interestingly I've still not had a keeper promoted yet?)

Providing the creativity in midfield was Norwegian Magnus Eikrem who tried his best to push us forward on his own, setting a new record of 14 assists and he even got himself back into the Norwegian Squad though he didn't play and claimed fans player of the year, providing cover was the equally impressive George Moncur.

Upfront saw Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink lead the line as he grabbed an impressive 14 goals in 31 appearances, though he may struggle to play that many games next season, and with my other new strikers failing to impress Sean Fitzharris took his chance and finished top scorer with 19 goals in 33 appearances, setting a new record for league goals - though he really should have had more goals in the middle of the season he had about 15 goals from 20 games, but in the final third of the season his and the teams form disappeared.

French Striker Vincent Acapandine started the season in fine form but with him struggling to settle his form fell away and he struggled to reclaim his place from Fitzharris, my other French striker Yohann Agosta also struggled and was largely used to replace a tiring Vennegoor.

Best XI - Again right, whilst the Overall XI somehow sees youngster Rawlins get on there after one sub appearance.

Finances - not good at all, despite bringing in £175K from the Mboro game and £300K on player sales we finish the season ~£100K in the red :(

We are also going backwards in League Two that is not good at all.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2013/14        League Two                15th

No I'm afraid my chairman is in love with the club.:thdn:

Sadly at the City Ground I seem to get quite a few postponements.

On the plus side we have managed to fill Abbey Stadium almost every home game. Thats a capacity of 8' date='600 however, we're now back at the 3,400 capacity City Ground. We also managed to sell ALL our season tickets of 1,531.[/quote']

Ah ok. Was just wondering why you had so much in the bank. You were producing good results so wondered if it was being able to attract quality players with lots of money or tactics.

Argh, forgot to take screenshots at the end of the season. Oh well. Finished my second season in League 1 in 9th place, which was three positions lower than my first year at this level. :(

Finances are still a mess, £900k in the red right now.

You still can take screenshots of transfers and the like.

Ah ok. Was just wondering why you had so much in the bank. You were producing good results so wondered if it was being able to attract quality players with lots of money or tactics.

The FA Cup is the big money winner with TV money. I hadn't actually spent any money on transfer fees until this season which is probably why my finances are so good however, thats all about to change. :thdn:

CAMBRIDGE CITY (2013/2014) LEAGUE ONE - SEASON FOUR

Media Prediction - Still these muppets will not stop predicting that we'll finish last.

LEAGUE ONE - A much better season points wise. It took quite a while before we dropped points, twice in all. Forst was a 1-1 draw away to Portsmouth and the only other time was a shock 2-1 loss at Stockport. The title was once again sewn up by early March.

FA CUP - Kidderminster Harriers, Colchester United, Notts County and Reading were beaten however, despite leading 2-0 at half time against Everton they rallied to beat us 3-2 in Round Five.

LEAGUE CUP - Ipswich Town and Southampton were dispatched before QPR eliminated us in Round Four 3-2 after extra time at the Abbey Stadium.

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY - A 3-1 home win against Charlton in First Round then saw us put in a poor performance to lose on penalties after a 1-1 draw away to the MK Dons. Not only was this this first time the club had been on the receiving end of a giant killing but it meant we relinquished our hold on the Trophy.

SQUAD - We just about had all the bases covered however suspensions were rife toward the end of the season with sendings off aplenty.

LEAGUE ONE PLAYER STATS - Not difficult once again to see that the wings supply and the strikers finish.

PLAYERS

GK Tom Lester - With GK being one of our weaker positions I went mad and splashed a massive £2.1m on this keeper from Leeds United described by my scouts as "a player who could be a leading star for the Premier Division in the future". Although Jak Alnwick also has a good future he has not really improved at all over the past 18 months.

D L Tom Bender - A name to get the Micky taken out of but a player who was superb in defence.

ST Marc Spellman - An absolute bargain at £50,000 from Doncaster Rovers. From late January onward was replacing the great Radoslav Vasilev.

LEAGUE ONE TEAM OF THE YEAR

CLUB XI 2013/14

CLUB XI 2010/14

Playing the 1st half of the season at the Abbey Stadium and filling it constantly seriously boosted our average attendance. So much so that board finally put their money where their mouth is and decided to buy us A NEW STADIUM. The construction of the imaginatively named CAMBRIDGE CITY STADIUM will cost us a massive £18.5m! This does mean we now have to pay back a loan of £16.11m at £110k per month. Doesn't sound too bad apart from the fact it takes TWO YEARS before its ready meaning at a 3,400 capacity stadium finances are shall we say none existant?

However, our future does bode well.

[font=Courier New]Season   League                Position    Achievements[/font]
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010/11  Blue Square North     1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12  Blue Square Premier   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 4th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13  League Two            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 2nd Round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2013/14  League One            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup 3rd Round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd Round[/font]

The FA Cup is the big money winner with TV money. I hadn't actually spent any money on transfer fees until this season which is probably why my finances are so good however' date=' thats all about to change. :thdn:[/quote']

I have to agree, two successive seasons of getting to the 4th round of the FA cup with a few replays helped to boost my finances to £2M+ in the black.

Even after spending almost £1M in transfer fees for my first Championship season I still have a shade over £2M left in the bank.

Merthyr Tydfill League 1 2019/20

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 4th Rd

League Cup -2nd Rd

JPT - South Final

This was a pretty miserable season in the league only narrowly escaping relegation at the end of the season, strikers were very inconsistant and the defenders just let in goals through errors.

In the FA cup i went out 3-1 away to Premeirship West Ham, in the League cup i lost 3-2 away to Championship Derby. I won the first JPT South final leg 2-1 against Crystal Palace before losing the second leg 3-1 to go out.

Transfers

Carre (history) was a talented player who didn't live up to his promise and was sold on.

Kudimbana (history) and Morrison (history) were first teamers but were sold on to balance the books as i had replacements. Djemia (history) was a great player but his contract was running out and so was sold. Whyte had not made many appearances but the chairman sold him on for 325K without a sell-on clause, 18 months later he was sold on for 4 million :mad:

Squad

Most of the squad were quite poor this season although Banahene was solid in defence and Clifford and Clarke good in patches up front.

Star Player - In his first season he replaced Noone in the centre and chipped in with a good number of goals

Merthyr Tydfill League 1 2020/21

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd

League Cup - 3rd Rd

JPT - 2nd Rd

This was a repeat of last season only worse as we didn't keep a clean sheet for the first 20 games and then couldn't score, in fact by Nov when i lost in the fa cup to a league 2 side and was nearly bottom of the league i thought about not continuing with the save. However after asking about tactics advise i followed SnakeXe's suggestion and changed from balanced to rigid philisophy, this worked wonders as the defence were tighter and the goals started going in again.

The FA cup and JPT were forgettable going out to lower league opposition, in the 2nd rd of the league cup i had won at home 2-0 in ET against championship Southampton before losing 2-0 away to championship Wigan.

Transfers

With the finances still poor i got rid of some higher earners.

McShea (history) was a club favourite but had become 4th choice striker and was moved on as his contract was ending. Bailleul (history) was talented but was not scoring the number of goals to justify his big wages.

Assogba (history) was a good player in midfield but again was a high earner and was often suspended, he managed 69 yellows and 6 reds in 199 games, 4 reds came in his last season.

With Orsinsi a championship standard keeper my main keeper last season Warren was sold on.

Krouchi (history) reverted to being absent for games and training so was sold in Jan.

Squad

Few of the players did well this season, Iddi, Rivera and Diop were good in defence.

The midfield was particually disappointing, bringing in the experience of Cana backfired.

The strikers really struggled up front.

Star player - In his first season the only striker who could find the net.

Career so far:

Season    League                         Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None 
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None 
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None

CAMBRIDGE CITY (2013/2014) LEAGUE ONE - SEASON FOUR

Media Prediction - Still these muppets will not stop predicting that we'll finish last.

LEAGUE ONE - A much better season points wise. It took quite a while before we dropped points' date=' twice in all. Forst was a 1-1 draw away to Portsmouth and the only other time was a shock 2-1 loss at Stockport. The title was once again sewn up by early March.

[/quote']

That is an insane goal difference. I also noticed the same in all your previous seasons. What's the secret if you don't mind me asking? :)

Archived