dafuge's FM10 challenge

BSP 2015/16 Mid season update

I feel your pain Terk - had between 6-8 out most of the season.

Sitting 3rd in the BSP having only been beaten once in 25 games, unfortunately I've drawn 10

Switched to a 4-2-3-1 this season, without a doubt the stand out signing was Sunday N'Diaye on a free he's scored 23 in 27.

Just drew 3-3 away to Buxton in the Trophy from 2-0 up - the second goal they scored came when my keeper passed it to the single opposing pplayer in my half, who ran towards goal while my keeper kindly ran sideways away from both ball and goal, there third came from the spot.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unibond Premier Kits. I don't have any for the Ryman league.

Thanks, you got the logos or anything, I only really want Tonbridge logo and kits.

---------------------------------------------------

Just been knocked off the top for the first time in 10 games, now in 2nd and its very tight in the top 8 or so, our form has been a little poor since christmas, and hopefully we can get out of this habit and start improving our performances.

Although the run in for me looks like im playing mostly bottom half teams which is a good thing. My parent club Crystal Palace, haven't really attempted to send me any players on loan, so I hope they do next year :)

This injury crisis has hit at exactly the wrong time. 9 players out now and I've got eight games scheduled in December. Halfway through now and have 2 wins and 2 draws but my all my players who are actually able to take the field are looking dead on their feet.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2034/35

We hit form again last season as we regained the title we had lost three years ago. My aim for this season was more of the same, while at the same time making a small profit.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Things were surprisingly comfortable, we even gave the kids a decent number of games.

Community Shield - a comfortable win.

UEFA Super Cup - absolute domination, the scoreline didn't do us justice.

FIFA Club World Cup - an odd team to meet in the final, who we made easy work of.

FA Cup - the run was fairly easy but the final was a struggle against title rivals Stoke. In the end a goalmouth scramble from a corner settled it.

Carling Cup - we nearly threw it away in the semi by using the kids but once again, the final against Stoke was settled by a single goal.

UEFA Champions League - things looked very easy in the group stage, but we had a shock in the quarter final. We drew the home leg, when we really should have won, but we still fancied ourselves to go through. It was 0-0, so I threw the kitchen sink at them and threw all my attacking subs on. While the tactical change was taking place, I scored. I then had to sit and watch while all my attackers took to the field with us 1-0 up. I tried to assemble them into a defensive formation, but the predictable happened, they scored to knock us out on away goals.

Transfers - another massive profit, but spread over 4 years. With the form of Scales, it was an easy decision to sell Anelli for that price.

Squad - a much biggere presence from the local lads now as the squad was filled out using our youth players. They are not quite up to the standard I'm used to, but they will do for support for now.

Key Player Profiles:

Emilio Sacchi - to World class striker hit form once again.

Jon Punal - the youngster is looking like first team standard now as he scored an impressive number of goals.

Tom McGoldrick - the reason I sold Sahan.

Geoff Bowles - one of the youth products to make a decent impact.

Richard Jones - the man who is trying to replace Chris Blackmore.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

I'm really just waiting for the board to do something about the stadium. I'm worried that if I stop signing players I'll lose the ability to make a decent profit when needed. I suppose I'll just have to keep going.

Utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly ****ing ridiculous. Twelve players out injured going into my FA Cup tie against Aston Villa. When we started December we were four points clear with a game in hand. Now, with all teams having played 23 games, we're six points off the top. Biggest injury crisis I have ever faced on FM.

Dartford FC - Blue Square South - 2010/11

http://yfrog.com/5obsschampionsj

As the screenshot shows, I managed to win the league in the first season. It struck me that this may have actually been the lowest points tally in the BSS to win with, and only two teams got more than 70 points from 42 games. Credit where credit is due, though, as it was a brilliant performance to win the league after how the first half of the season had gone.

http://yfrog.com/j5bssprogressj

After a fairly bright start to the season, I fell out of luck, slipping to 17th after 15 games. However, due to the competitive (or really bad) way the other teams were performing, a couple of wins could really propel you up the table, as it did for me.

http://yfrog.com/86bssfixturesj

In the end, it turned out to be more than a couple of wins: only one loss from my final twenty matches meant that the teams above me who struggled for consistency were overtaken until I reached the top.

The defence really tightened up in the second half of the season (compared to the first half at least), while my attackers continued to score. All in all, I exceeded my expectations, and will hope to stay up next season in the BSP.

Finally, here's my right midfielder who won BSS player of the season.

http://yfrog.com/3mscottmurrayj

He was a free signing from Yeovil, and scored a number of key goals for the side.

Oh, and I got manager of the season in the BSS :)

That sounds ridiculous Terk... and here was me going beserk when I had 6 or 7. Hope they clear up and you can reclaim that top spot!

So do I. Lost the Villa game 7-1 (not surprising given that I had three youth players starting the game). Got a couple of them back in training now, but it'll still be a week or two before they're fit enough to play again. Transfer window open so I'm hoping to bring in some short term loans sharpish to try and arrest our slide.

Thats really unlucky Terk, i normally get either loads of 1 week injuries or 2 or 3 long term injuries at a time.

The board have just upgraded my youth facilities to "State of the Art + Youth Academy" so im expecting some good youth prospects next season

Once you download these, where do you put them?

I'm on XP, it may be slightly different if you're on Vista or W7.

Put the extracted folder into

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics/pictures/kits/clubs

You may need to create some of these folders if they don't already exist. Then you need to go into FM and go the the preferences screen and then the display & sound section. Make sure 'use skin cache' is un-ticked and 'always reload skin on confirm' is ticked. Then click confirm and the kits should load into your game. Give me a shout if they don't.

I'm on XP, it may be slightly different if you're on Vista or W7.

Put the extracted folder into

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics/pictures/kits/clubs

You may need to create some of these folders if they don't already exist. Then you need to go into FM and go the the preferences screen and then the display & sound section. Make sure 'use skin cache' is un-ticked and 'always reload skin on confirm' is ticked. Then click confirm and the kits should load into your game. Give me a shout if they don't.

Yeah got it done, different on W7 like you said but got it sorted in either case. Cheers mate

Bedford Town 2010/11

----------------

Quick mid-season update: Sitting in 15th after 18 games with 22 points. 5 wins 7 Draws 6 losses. on an unbeaten run of 4 games at the moment.

My team seems to do well against the bigger clubs than the ones in the relegation scrap. We have a serious concentration issue though and tend to leak goals in the final few minutes. Got knocked out of the FA Cup straight away but made the First Round of the FA Trophy and will be facing off against Dag & Red who should do us over. We could be lucky though.

Edit: Just pulled off an astounding 1-0 win over Dag & Red in what was a nailbiting final 20 minutes as we held on for dear life!

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Premiership- 2017/18 - Season 8

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 17th

Finished: 1st

A fantastic season in the league finishing top by 6 points after being top for half the season.

FA Cup - Final|Fixtures

League Cup - Final|Fixtures

Hard run but great ones to end with the domestic treble:thup:

Team Stats

Team General

Transfers

Another big spending season which seemed to pay off but may effect the finances soon due to payments being spread out.

Finances

Stadium geting increased But no Upton Park next season just closing a stand :rolleyes:

Key Players

Adrian Miralles - Super Goalkeeper - Makes some unbelievable saves

Wellington Silva - Injured for 4 months in Feb limited him to 22 in 22(1)

Giampietro Giacomini - Got a run in the squad due to injures and did very well

Sergio Mota - Creative force in mid

Targets

Improve squad and get rid of dead wood

Top four finish and decent cup run

Decent run in Euro

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       BSS Champions Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners
2012/13       L2                  12th                      
2013/14       L2                  4th                       Play-off Winners
2014/15       L1                  2nd                       Promotion
2015/16       CC                  6th                       Play-off Winners
2016/17       Prem                13th 
2017/18       Prem                1st                       Domestic Treble - FA Cup and League Cup Winners.

Thank you Terk; well I think it has to do with the top teams not being top anymore. Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool al ended between 5th and 15th place last 4 seasons. Sunderland, Tottenham, West Ham and Wolves had a tycoon takeover so thats why they are good!

I have got myself also a tycoon so that is another story of me getting so fast I guess...

Congratz Welsh Wizard

@foost: on my game out of the "big four" only Chelsea and Arsenal regularly challenge for the title, however this season 12 games gone and it looks like any one out of 7 teams could win the title me,chelsea, man utd, man city,everton,sunderland and tottenham.

Damn them all for having good seasons, i will just have to hope some of them get some poor form later on, otherwise it could be another trophyless year for me :(

Good to see you have got over your tantrum Terk :D I'm sure you will start winning games again now you have most of your players back and hopefully you won't have an injury crisis as bad as that again

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8118/fcunited.jpg

Starting as FC United and my first signing was Super Kyle Wilson on a free :)

Good luck :thup: hope Super Kyle is super for you;)

Congratz Welsh Wizard

Thanks.

A mini update for my current season is going very well just made it out of the group stages of the Champions league by finishing 2nd.

In my group there was Barcelona, Sporting CP and Genoa. I managed 3 wins.

Genoa Away 3-2

Barcelona Home 2-1

Sporting CP Away 1-0

Very hard group and scrapping a few wins help us progress to face Atletico Madrid

I think I can beat most Premiership teams in euro with my full team. Man City would be main challenge but I'm worried about Spanish teams they look very good.

On last years challenge Man city dominated for years, this year Arsenal do.

Fulham won 10 years ago but since then arsenal have won 6 times with chelsea, man u and man c the other winners. Charlton and Birmingham were in the top 4 last year

So an update,

Am plodding along in the league, reaching the FA cup 1st round created problems with two replays as well meaning I had a match every 3-4 days for a prolonged period and as you all know rotation is less of an option at this level. Was managing to beat the good sides and would struggle against the easier teams but the team done me proud. We're currently 3rd although things are quite tight in the top 10. Like I said I reached the FA Cup 1st round, easy teams along the way, no convincing wins but who cares as long as you win :p Lost to league two side Lincoln, 0-0 at home and lost 2-1 away and was a close match which is promising. Downside was the match afterwards we lost to Weymouth in the FA Trophy 3rd Qual round which we should have won - least no more cup games this season for me.

Right....... here is New manager of Boreham Wood!!

No success to report - I got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th qualifying round.... which the board were okay with and I got knocked out of the FA Trophy in the 3rd qualifying round..... which the board were okay with.

Media prediction at the start of the season was 22nd and I was convinced I could at least avoid relegation.........

However, with One Game To Go I found myself here, even though at one stage we were up to the dizzy heights of 8th!! (Cant find the graph screen!!)

It was all down to a battle against my fiercest rivals, St. Albans City on the last game of the season and the pressure was intense!!

I played mind games with my opponents, I praised every member of my squad and really fired them up into this Toothless Performance

And, ultimately, this We just couldn't score goals

I'm gutted - seriously gutted as I type this!!

Where do I go from here?? Start again from scratch or take over another newly promoted team in the season 2011/2012??

How you guys achieve all your success is beyond me!!

bad luck, threelions. Not sure which way I'd go from there. I'd probably start again but that's because I'm a serial restarter of almost any game I ever play. Would be interesting to just continue on I suppose.

As for me, Bedford Town is in the middle of takeover talks so I'm stuck in an transfer embargo and looking like I'll be shown the door if the takeover goes through. Guess I'll find out soon.

bad luck, threelions. Not sure which way I'd go from there. I'd probably start again but that's because I'm a serial restarter of almost any game I ever play. Would be interesting to just continue on I suppose.

I stopped playing immediately after getting relegated, but I'm guessing it's inevitable I'll get sacked....... theres no league for me to now play in!!

I'll see what happens when I start the game again, but as I've said, I must get the sack!!

As for your Bedford game - I've experienced Takeovers before in previous versions of the game..... they are a nightmare!! Dead frustrating!!

Good luck!!

Right....... here is New manager of Boreham Wood!!

No success to report - I got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th qualifying round.... which the board were okay with and I got knocked out of the FA Trophy in the 3rd qualifying round..... which the board were okay with.

Media prediction at the start of the season was 22nd and I was convinced I could at least avoid relegation.........

However, with One Game To Go I found myself here, even though at one stage we were up to the dizzy heights of 8th!! (Cant find the graph screen!!)

It was all down to a battle against my fiercest rivals, St. Albans City on the last game of the season and the pressure was intense!!

I played mind games with my opponents, I praised every member of my squad and really fired them up into this Toothless Performance

And, ultimately, this We just couldn't score goals

I'm gutted - seriously gutted as I type this!!

Where do I go from here?? Start again from scratch or take over another newly promoted team in the season 2011/2012??

How you guys achieve all your success is beyond me!!

What kind of players did you sign?

Remember that pace and acceleration is the key factor in lower leagues, so look for striker and midfielders with high values in those attributes.

Aaargh - missed out on top spot in the BSP by 1 point - I blame my useless sides 1-1 home draw with Macclesfield (who were 23rd).

Oh well its play-off time (my record in those sucks).

Good luck on your restart threelions.

Won first leg away 3-2 thanks to an og and 2 from AM Mikel Begona.

Home leg comfy 2-0 win thanks to two from MC Damon Lathrope.

About to play Alfreton in the final - I'm technically the home side.

Half Time - the dreaded two nil up MC Lathrope and Sunday N'Diaye (his 34th of the season)

50th min they pull one back

80th min DC N'Gala puts me 3-1 up.

84th min 3-2.

Final whistle - Boston Utd enter the promised land of League football in 2015/16. (saves game at this point as I don't want it to crash and have to replay that.

I did some research in the lower leagues... and found out that in the Blue Square North/South are playing a lot of teams that ain't playable from the start. I am in 2021 now... and there are 14 teams in it!!

ossett town

merthyr

bedford

hendon

buxton

hemel hempstead

hednesford

cambridge c

bradford pa

bognor regis

chippenham

tonbridge

afc hornchurch

wealdstone

playing with 10.1

Canvey Island

League 2

2016/17

League 2

The board wanted mid table safety, I had no ambition but promotion. For much of the first half of the season I thought we were on for the title, we built up a four point lead over Grimsby with a game in hand on them as well. Then, as December came around, disaster struck. We began to pick up injuries in a month where we had eight games scheduled, by the end of it we had twelve players missing and we'd slipped to fourth place, six points behind leaders Grimsby. Luckily most of the injuries kept players out only for three or four weeks, and in the first days of January we managed to bring a few temporary loans in which helped keep us afloat. We picked up our form and briefly topped the table again, but then there was another slump as those who had been out injured started to tire. We spent the end of the season locked in a battle with the MK Dons for the final automatic promotion spot, and we clinched it with a game to spare as we came from behind to snatch a 3-3 draw at Rotherham. League 1 here we come.

League Positions Graph

Poor Lincoln

League Cup

A brief stop this one, we put League 1 side Cardiff to the sword with an impressive 4-0 win at Park Lane in the first round before we got fairly crushed at Upton Park in round two, West Ham running out 4-1 winners.

Johnstone's Paint Pot

Again we faced Cardiff at Park Lane, this time, after a 2-2 draw, we needed penalties to get past them before defeating another two League 1 sides (Millwall and Swindon) to reach the Southern Section final. A 1-0 defeat in the first leg against Bristol Rovers put us in trouble and a 2-2 draw in the second leg wasn't enough to send us to Wembley.

FA Cup

I'd enjoyed our visits to Premier League grounds over the last couple of years, and I wanted another go. It took a replay to get us past struggling League 1 side Walsall, but we beat Grimsby pretty comfortably in round two. Aston Villa were our reward, though unfortunately it was at home, and in the midst of our injury crisis, so we had to start with three U18 players. We lost 7-1.

Transfers

Having been unable to tempt Enrique Bernardini back to the club after he was released by Liverpool, I asked my scouts to cast their nets out for a good left winger. They found one in Wycombe's Iain Blackman, but it took practically my whole budget to get him in, so everything else had to be free transfers and loans. Luckily we managed to pick up some real quality though, so it turned out not to be too much of a risk spending so much on Blackman.

Key Players

After a quiet (by his standards) season last time around, James Foster came good in spectacular fashion this season, shattering the club's record for league goals in a season with a haul of thirty three. He is now just six shy of becoming the first person to net a hundred league goals for the club and, in my eyes even if not in those of the game, he is an absolute legend.

David Ball had an excellent start and finish to the season but was quiet in the middle when there was a lot of pressure on him to deliver as, at one point, he was our only fit striker. He seems to have more of an impact off the bench, and I'm not sure I can justify the wages he wants to extend his contract for a super sub.

Edwin Waweru had a solid but unspectacular first season at the club. He still hasn't picked up even basic English, which is a worry, but if he can perform like that without even speaking the language, I'm excited to see what he can do if and when he does learn to speak to his teammates.

Special mentions also go to Iain Blackman for a good first season, Kiko Lucas for being a truly inspired creative outlet and Vicente Varela for being the solid midfield base that you would expect of someone who joined from Stoke.

The experienced Stuart Parnaby, big, daft Greek Kostas Tsioukas and Theo Angus, another player who has come all the way from the BSS with us, had good seasons in a defence which was, at times, a little too leaky.

Next Season

Survival will be the only thing on the agenda. This season we developed a less direct style of play, utilising our pace by passing balls into channels rather than relying on crosses and set pieces as we had done in the past few years. Whether we'll have to modify that a little and revert back to a more direct style of play as we come up against better sides again, I'm not sure. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess, but we'll do whatever it takes to stay up.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
2010/11 Blue Square North 5th Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Blue Square North 12th Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
2012/13 Blue Square South 10th None
2013/14 Blue Square South 4th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Blue Square Premier 3rd Promoted via play-offs
2015/16 League 2 8th None
2016/17 League 2 3rd Automatic Promotion

Canvey Island 100 Club

Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
(Dates at club)

Jeet Padaruth (GK) 213 (243); 76 (89); 6.96
(2012-Present)
Joseph Owusu Tabiri (DR, MRC) 105 (130); 3 (4); 6.91
(2012-2016)
Theo Angus (DL) 123 (148); 0 (2); 7.09
(2012-Present)
Matthew Darlow (DC) 194 (232); 16 (20); 6.86
(2011-Present)
Ismail Yakubu (DC) 102 (113); 4 (4); 7.09
(2013-2016)
Mark Hartmann (MC) 183 (217); 20 (31); 6.91
(2010-2017)
James Foster (ST) 148 (177); 94 (105); 7.24
(2013-Present)
Kyle Wilson (ST) 103 (120); 36 (44); 6.96
(2013-2016)

I've got my scouts out looking hard right now. There's an Italian right back who is out of favour at Leeds that Jason Koumas reckons might be interested in joining us and I'll definitely need a new goalkeeper. Padaruth made too many mistakes for my liking this season, I think a mid table League 2 side is really the top of his level, he was made to look better by having two good centre halves in front of him. No firm plans yet though.

Archived