FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good seasons all round, especially cookie.

Pereda is ridiculously good :eek:, a 7.45 rating for a GK is pretty much unheard of. Good luck in keeping hold of him.

Cheers :thup:

In all my games i have never come across a GK with such good stats at such a young age. I'm just hoping i can keep hold of him!

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2011/12 2nd Division South

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 3rd

Odds: 3rd (5-1)

Actual: 1st

Playoffs: 2nd - Promoted

Portuguese Cup: 3rd Round vs Vit. Pico

Finances: 1.3M (Stayed Even)

The Squad

Transfers: 2011/12

The Season in General

I knew I had to dump some of the waste from last year, stay under my wage budget, and hope for some good gate takings to be able to work this season. So with 13 players leaving in July & three more in January, replaced by 7 in July & 1 in August I set the wheels in motion, I made 825 quid from transfers. Finances stayed about even throughout the entire year, but my players I brought in were a delight.

The League

The League season started with three straight wins over Pinhalnovense, Machico & E.Lagos, except for a couple of blips we led the league from here til the end, at some points our lead was as much as 8 points, but a few periods with draws meant at the end of the season we only finished 2 points clear, and needed a 79th minute goal from Edson to make the promotion playoffs. Going into the Playoffs we were the clear underdog, but a 3:0 win away to Oriental set us up well, we then lost home & away to E.Amadora 2:1 before winning our final game 2:0 over Oriental to make it through in 2nd spot. A great season from all the boys. The board and the fans were delighted at the unexpected promotion and title.

Player Stats

The Cup

The Board's aim this season was to make the third round we did this with ease dispatching two 2nd Division clubs in the first two rounds, then we came up against Vit. Pico a lower league club, and they kept up with us, 3:3 the final score and they won on penalties. A disappointing ending, but it meant I could focus on the league.

The Club's History

League Records

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|--------------|
| Season | League | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] | 2DS | [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url] | | None |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] | 2DS | [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url] | [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url] | Promoted |

Goals Home & Away

|----------|----------|---------|---------|-------|
| Season | League | Home | Away | Total |
| 2010/11 | 2DS | 36-15 | 18-29 | 54-44 |
| 2011/12 | 2DS | 39-10 | 31-20 | 70-30 |

Win-Draw-Loss Records

|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
| 2010/11 | 2DS | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |
| 2011/12 | 2DS | 13-03-01 | 07-06-04 | 20-10-05 |

Club Records & Competition History

New Records: Highest Attendance 2888, Highest Gate: 10,000, Lowest Attendance: 291, Biggest Win 5:0, Biggest Defeat 4:1, Highest Scoring Game 5:2, Winning Streak 5, Unbeaten Streak 12, Top Goalscorer: Edson 28, Top League Goalscorer: Edson 23, Hishest Avg Rating: Alves 7.53 (37 apps), Most MoM: Edson 12, Career League Appearances: Mario Silva 61, Career League Goals: Alves 36, Youngest Player: Jean Silva 18y 281d, Fastest Goal: Alves 18s, Youngest Goalscorer: Jean Silva 18y 333d, Oldest Goalscorer: Nilton 36y 237d.

All Records: Part 1 & 2.

Competition History

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats: This Season & Evora Career.

Goalkeepers

33.Festas - He came from a 3rd division club to join the team, and stepped straight infront of Manuel and played all 37 games this season, he was the difference for us as he only conceded 33 goals. A star at the back.

30.Jose Manuel - After a game in friendlies he never got back into the team.

Right Backs

61.Brandao - He barely played this season as he dropped to second choice, but he was solid in cover.

62.Paulinho - Well he came in and jumped straight into the starting line-up, a much better right back than we had before, and at only 20 years old I hope he can make the step up as the young players are necessary cover.

Left Backs

26.Mario Silva - He was taking our direct free kicks this season and scored 8 goals from it, a star season from the 35 year old, I cannot see him lasting much more, but he is definitely a star player for the squad.

37.Calu - Another super sub, for some reason I have no screenshot.

Centre Backs

23.Franco - He retired before the end of the season, no idea why, but oh well.

32.Helder Ferreira - With a lack of good centre backs on the market I had to go with what I had, so Ferreira stayed as a back-up and he did pretty good in his handful of games.

4.Mauro - He put in a stellar season at the back, he added 2 more goals and was good enough alongside Amarilla. He helped a lot in keeping the goals down now that we had stopped conceding cards.

18.Roberto Amarilla - I brought in the Paraguyan early in the season as my number 1 centre back, he may be 30, but he had an amazing season and was another reason our defense was substantially better.

Right Wings

13.Russo - He was never able to crack the team with two young starlets ahead of him.

47.Jean Silva - The 19 year old Brazillian started as a back-up, but once he broke into the line-up he never looked back and was definitely solid in his spot, hopefully he can play up a division. He may be one of the poorer players in the starting XI, but he is solid.

57.Danilo Pereira - The 20 year old from Guinea-Bissau started as the lead right wing, but a run of bad form saw him lose his place. He looks solid, but again the right wings were not amazing.

Left Wings

72.Helder Costa - He took the startng left wing spot back, and was only displaced due to injury and generally Lopes covered during that time. He had a much better season than before, but he doesn't look capable of the step up so will be interesting if I can get better in.

9.Quaresma - A solid super sub, but he never looked good. I really need to replace my wingers and hope that someone I bring in can do something.

Centre Mids

20.Ruben Caetano - One of our Super-subs this season as he came off the bench 16 times to replace Maria, with Maria & Silva aging the subs were always similar in most games.

22.Jose Maria - Once more he was a leader in the middle of the park, he took over the captaincy and he still put in performances that I expect of him. At 29 he probably has a season or two infront of him if he can make the step up to the new level.

43.Raphael Lopes - One thing we were missing last year was a solid midfielder alongside Maria, well Lopes came in from France at only 22, and he was exactly what we needed, 2 goals and 8 assists led him to play every single game.

15.Manuel De Castris - The Belgian joined as cover for Lopes & Maria, but when he went down with an 8-9 month injury in March his season was over. He will probably stick around in my squad, but if I find replacements he is likely to be moved on in January when he is fit again.

Strikers

71.Nilton - He dropped from being top goalscorer last year to a sub this year as Edson was a million times better, and Alves never faltered. A good solid cover when he played.

10.Antonio Alves - he played in every game this season for 26 goals & 17 assists, a star season, but he was beaten in the goals and Man of the Match categories by Edson our new signing.

1.Edson - I could not ask for more from my number 1 striker as he netted 28 goals, 15 assists, 12 Man of the Match in 37 games this season. I was delighted with my new signing and hopefully at 28 he can keep it up into the new season.

The Best of the Best

besto.jpg

The Awards

2nd Division

Player of the Month: Sept - Edson, Alves 2nd, March - Alves.

Golden Boot: Edson 21 (2nd=)

MoM: Edson 9 (1st=)

Goal of the Year: Jean Silva (3rd)

Quickest Goal: Alves 18s (1st)

Manager of the Year: Des Tiny (2nd)

Team of the Year: Edson

Signing of the Season: Edson (free)

Worst Signing: 2nd Pereira (free)

Evora

Fans PotY: Antonio Alves

Best XI: Festas, Paulinho, Mario Silva, Mauro, Amarilla, Jean Silva, Costa, Lopes, Maria, Edson, Alves.

Subs: Russo, Calu, De Castris, Pereira, Caetano, Quaresma, Nilton.

Overall XI: Festas, Paulinho, Mario Silva, Mauro, Amarilla, Mauro, Costa, Caetano, Maria, Alves, Nilton.

Subs: Manuel, Edson, Lopes, Quaresma, Calu, Ferreira, Pereira.

The Next Season

Aims

With a new season coming in the Liga Vitalis I know I am going to have to strengthen my side somewhat. The current starting XI all have another year to run on their contracts, so at least I know I can field a team if no one else wants to join the club. Hopefully I can build on all of them and make a better overall side. The aim is clearly to stay clear of relegation and make a move slowly up the table, of course I would be delighted with any result higher than that.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

Well the new season is upon us and I have been given 5.5k for wages to attempt to avoid relegation. Here we go.

The new Signings

Wesllem - The 27 year old Brazillian has come into a squad that has a lot of talent upfront, but I think he will probably join Edson in the starting line-up.

Revy Rosalia - The 29 year old left wing from Netherlands Antilles is going to be a definite star in this team, he will be stepping into the hole we have on the left replacing Costa.

Miguel Serodio - The 20 year old Portuguese Centre-Back will line up alongside Amarilla at the back and will hopefully be able to reach his star potential in the future.

Leonel - The 24 year old right back becomes our 3rd current player from Guinea Bissau, but the 4th we have had through the club in total, he will replace Paulinho in the 1st XI to begin with. It is likely Paulinho's potential may see him take the spot back.

Inzaghi - Another of our signings from Guinea Bissau, he will be the number one player on the right wing. He pushes out the youngsters and should be a leading star for the team.

Carlos Alves - The 24 year old's youth is likely to get him into the starting side in front of Silva. Of course Silva's performances over two seasons may just keep him in there longer than expected.

The Back-up Signings

Luis Pereira - The young left winger is going to be cover for Rosalia, he may get a few appearances once we wrap up a better position in the league.

David Bruno - He is unlikely to get any game time as the third best right back, but he is an extra bit of cover, see what happens.

Bruno - The 27 year old will cover Lopes & Maria alongside De Castris this season, he is really only cover in case of injuries as na improvement over Caetano.

Alvaro - He is going to be our 4th striker this season.

Alan - Another right back, I only signed a few of them. ;)

The Friendlies

I decided to take my team on a tour of Italy for the friendlies to get them a bit of game time and to face some famous JoseRR's teams.

Juve Stabia vs Evora 0:6

Wesllem (5,18), Edson (35,45+1), Alves (60,69)

A great game to start our tour against the only non-recognised team in the tour.

Pisa vs Evora 0:7

Rosalia (6), Edson (31,38), Wesllem (35), Jean Silva (44), Alves (58), Alvaro (60)

An excellent game in the land of the leaning tower as my boys went loco all over them.

Como vs Evora 0:6

OG (8), Wesllem (19,33,55), Rosalia (37), Edson (72)

A stunning game against the Como boys, a delightful result.

Messina vs Evora 0:10

Amarilla (10), Edson (13,18,58,64), Wesllem (36,40,77), Rosalia (39), Inzaghi (44)

A perfect ten here as we smash the former top end team.

Well I have to say I was delighted with the results on this Italian Tour, but now its time to get into the real stuff as we face Fatima in the 1st Round of the League Cup, with no expectations from the board in this cup we can go out there and just go for it. Last year Fatima finished 10th in the league, so this will be a good sign as to whether we can make it in the league or not. According to my Asst manager the squad are between 3 & 4.5 Stars, of course thats probably in relation to my squad not to the league, and the idea of targetting 14th spot.

I have also added two more signings to the club for the new year:

Andre Martins (GK) - He will start ahead of Festas, and he looks a lot better already.

Jose Manuel (MC) - He will be another MC back-up in this squad with a look to the future as well, of course by the time he is any good he will be gone from the club.

Well now doing Germany and its not going too bad. Unfortunately on Monday there was a viral attack on the uni network and everything was shut down, hence no profile (which still gives me an automatic rep of 'national') yet. Most things are back working again but I rely on the on-campus network for internet and that won't be back on until tomorrow, and even then on a limited basis (so some things I won't be able to go on, though not sure what). Won't be able to post anything until thats all sorted so hopefully that'll be soon. Just wanted to keep you informed on what I was doing.

deltablue - Good to hear that things are going well for you in Germany, bad news about the internet situation.

Just for info Pisa have been drawn in Group D for the Group stage of Champions League alongside Liverpool, Benfica and Zenit. Gotta say not as good as i'd have liked, but hey, just hope the boys can do some damage.

I've bought in the following guys to strengthen the squad:

Namanja Matic - Serbian International MC (Sold Hyland to AC milan for £20mil) from relegated Atalanta

Mikhail Ivanov - Russian International DC who looks like a real quality buy.

Micah Richards - English International DR enough said!

Federico Angius - 21 year old Italian AMR who looks pretty exciting

Ralph Dekker - 22 year old Holland International ST (1 cap 1 goal!)

Javier Saavedra - Chilean International DL who will challenge Ansaldi for the berth.

So the press have given us odds of 6-1, joint second favourites. Bring it on :D

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie C/B - Christmas 2013

The Summer brought signings from far afield. First up, one week after the end of the season my European scout found a Serbian / Swiss DL who used to play in Belgium and he was snapped up, even better than the loanee I had last season. Next up was a great ST who had been without a club for a while, refused me last Summer but a lack of activity evidently made us attractive. We then signed someone from Barcelona :cool:, admittedly a player who was never near the 1st team but still...An AMC who plays well at MC. The GK issue was solved via my assistant recommending some French guy from Clermont who my scout then said was fantastic. I did not have any problem with my strikers last season but when another improvement came up I got him, a Slovenian AM/F C with a cap no less, previously on Genoa's books.

So far, so good and only a couple of positions left to fill: DR, ML. Both solutions were found in the French lower divisions. Like all other signings they were free. I spent the first (and only) money of the Summer, a mighty £2k, on a reserve ML. I then got yet another forward as a midget Panamanian ST (5'5" ffs) formerly of the Spanish lower divisions came in. One more DC and I was finished for the Summer, unfortunately none that took my fancy were available so I had to settle for an admittedly good 17yo loanee.

On the way out was the grumpy Belgian ST, for whom someone was, for some reason, willing to pay £70k, no complaints there. A few reserves and my first youth product for cash left whilst all these strikers meant that there was little need to keep the fantastic Carlos; nearly 35, 1 year left on contract, possibly retiring next Summer and only a reserve. Hence it made sense to get some money for him, I made sure he was not going to a club in our division.

After all that I was quietly confident about the season, and putting 5 past Pro Vasto in our first Serie C Cup match helped. We qualified for the next round for the first time (in the end only going out after e/t to a team from Serie C1).

First up in the league was a solid 2-0 win at Celano; nothing too impressive about that, we are unbeaten against them. Well, unimpressive it was until they won their next 9 games without conceding a goal :eek:. In midweek we won away at Cassino in the Serie C Cup with a reserve team, 4 days later we lost at home to them with our first team out. Hmmm. 2 close 1-0 wins were followed by us throwing away a 3-1 lead at Cisco to draw. 3 more unbeaten games and we visited a Viterbese. And were utterly utterly dire. And lost.

Another 2 wins (one very good at home to Foligno) and we were in the mix in 3rd place. There followed 2 draws, one very fortunate and one chucking away another 2 goal lead. Unfortunately it was time to be dire again as Sangiovannese beat us 2-0 to record their first home win of the season. Thankfully that annoyed us so we played one of our best matches of the season next to thrash Fano 4-0. And we closed out 2012 with 2 away draws where we conceded relatively late equalisers.

So, we sit in 4th place at the moment. Which is about right. That said, 2 of the defeats have been inexplicable (and see where Sangiovannese and Viterbese are in the table...) and we were leading in 4 of those draws. Don't quite understand how Celano are so good given the first match of the season. Our defence is great, the main problem is the strikeforce which is odd given that they are much better than last season and I was expecting big things. Most of the new signings are doing good and I got in some youth on free transfers during the season who have potential to be quite good.

Anyway, aim has to be the playoffs, not sure whether we will be able to catch Celano although they really should collapse at some stage.

28v909k.jpg

Angri - 2014/2015 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 21st

Actual Position: 8th

Average Attendance: 4386

Season Ticket Holders: 1128

So....to prepare for life in Serie B, there were a number of changes to the playing staff over the course of the season, although as the board are still not providing investment in the club this was done a budget...thanks to a bit of wheeling and dealing, a few fresh faces arrived...most famous of those probably Zlatan Muslimovic, an established international player with a good goal/game ratio at that level. And he chipped in with a decent return of 8 goals in 17 league appearances.

The other standout players of the season were as follows:

Manuel Bender - signed on a free after his release from Werder Bremen, he was in my opinion the best piece of business i did, altho not intentionally, as towards the end of the season the chairman accepted an offer of 950k from Hoffenheim :( a good return on a free transfer tho

Francisco Javier Flores - formerly of Tenerife, Flores became my impact striker, eventually scoring 11 goals in 24 appearances, half of these from the bench.

Miklos Kincses - another free signed in January, brought in as cover for the regular left back, Luca Crotti, but held his own when called upon

Farid Lemaire - a mainstay in the centre of midfield, and contributed 8 goals to the cause, a decent return imo. also voted Fans Player of The Year.

Sebastian Mila - another January free capture, Polish international who chipped in with a return of 6 goals from 14 appearances, a few of those from free kicks. helped maintain the push to try and reach the playoffs

Diego Ripamonti - continuing to improve, leading goalscorer this season, and the clubs new record goalscorer with 37 league goals. hopefully he can continue to build on the progress he's made already

Nicolai Skjerve - young Bosnian winger, brought in to boost the supply to the front men, and contributed 14 assists. while not the most gifted, his pace and dribbling definitely caused more problems than his predecessor.

Playing staff aside, a new chairman also took over the club, Christian Recchi, and he was kind enough to announce that there would be no plans to invest in the team for the near future. However, upon requesting that they improve the appalling youth facilities, i was shocked when the board responded in agreement and are planning on finally pumping some money back in to try and help the club progress to the next level. now i finally have a positive bank balance also, mainly due to the fee received for Bender, but hopefully this will continue to improve as my season ticket sales and attendances grow.

The plan (or hope) for the upcoming season must be to try and find the cutting edge missing on a few occasions last season, as again i was a victim of drawing too many games (2 more wins would have seen me comfortably in the playoffs). I have a few offers in for some players with a lot of Serie A experience, but whom are hopefully willing to make the drop down to Serie B to help the cause. I wont name any names but a few are or have been very well-known and established international players, but working within my financial constraints are making it very difficult to lure anyone to the club who i feel can really make a difference. time will tell i guess...onwards and upwards :)

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2010/2011       Serie C2/C      14th           Avoided relegation in Playout
2011/2012       Serie C2/C      5th            Promoted via Playoff
2012/2013       Serie C1/B      6th             
2013/2014       Serie C1/B      1st            Champions, Serie C Cup Winner, Italian C1 Super 
                                                                                Cup
2014/2015       Serie B		8th	                                                           

WOW! - Evora's Cup Runneth Over

Well the start to my season has gone better than I ever imagined, first up I face Fatima over two legs in the League Cup First Round. They are predicted 10th & came 10th last season. First up they came to visit and we absolutely spanked them 5:1, then we travelled there and they were strong favourites, well we lost, but only 2:1 to advance to the 1st group stage where we will face Belenense of the Liga Sagres & Varzim of the Liga Vitalis. I think we can defeat Varzim, but we need to do something amazing in the other game.

Well our first league match was against expected Champions, the newly relegated P.Ferreira away, well I stepped in and had the first goal with some great attack, even though I had told the boys no pressure. Then at halftime I told them that I wanted to see a bit more as by this stage we were down 2:1, well Edson scored from a free kick to tie the game, and when I had decided I was happy with a draw Alves stepped in off the bench and slotted home the winner at 90+2 deep in injury time. 3:2 Evora beat the expected champions.

Edit: Well I was a dofus and accidentally benched my GK before the next game, they were up 2:0 before I could get him subbed on and then I came back to make it 4:3 final score, but couldn't finish them off...so if I end up going down by less than 3 points I can only blame myself.

Well the month ended better as Alves winning goal was named Goal of the Month.

Well, looks like I can get back on now.

Deltablue- RW Essen- Third Division- Predicted: 18th- Position: 5th

As before, the first priority was to hire some backroom staff before hitting the trialists match. The squad was a mixed bag. A few poor players, a smattering of very good ones and even a couple of defenders (14 and 15 respectively) with 3 ½ star potential, the latter with technical stats good enough to play already (though let down in other areas) One of the lessons learned from last time was to trust the pool of unattached players. The building was still going on by the time the 1st game arrived, a home match with division favourites Dynamo Dresden.

It was a great start with one of my best players, the Centre Mid Kuhne got an early goal and added a 2nd later for a 2-0 win. Looking good so far, but at the end of the day an opening win guaranteed nothing. There were more grounds for optimism to come, an excellent defensive display kept Union at bay in Berlin to secure a narrow win the 2nd match, and in the 3rd, Regensburg were taken apart 5-0, and all without an accomplished right winger, and one soon arrived in the form of the Bosnian Maletic from Koblenz. After 2 more wins, Aalen away saw defeat and the end of the run. Bouncing back with a win at home over Jena, moments of idiocy started creeping in which led to back to back defeats. The 1st was against high-flying Wehen marked by a poor defensive performance, special mention to both GK’s (for I sub them if they’re having an awful game) who had a hand in (and in once case, scored) all 3 of their goals. This was followed by my DM getting a straight red in the derby with Wuppertal after 10 minutes. Despite this we were still a close 2nd after 9 games with things being pretty tight at the top, having been 1st for most of the time up to those 2 defeats. Indeed just 2 wins later and we were at the top of a 3-way tie on 24 points with Wehen and Braunschweig, 6 points clear of 4th placed Union Berlin. However, not helped by a few injuries, points started becoming harder to come by, not just for us either. A defeat and 2 draws later and we were just hanging on to 2nd with Wehen only managing to gain a 3 point advantage at the top and Union having caught up with Braunschweig. A trend of conceding equalizers meant that when we finally got a win against Braunschweig it was the first for 6 games but we were still in 2nd and only 2 behind Wehen. Not a moment too soon as by this point the top half of the table were pretty much closely bunched up together. A win next took us top, before a disallowed goal in each game either side of the half-way point cost 3 points and it was back to the familiar ‘just hanging on to 2nd, not far behind 1st’ situation.

That changed after the winter break and not for the better. 2 defeats (the first only due to another disallowed goal) saw us drop down to 4th. Still close even to top spot (3 points to 1st and 2nd and level with 3rd and 5th) but also potentially in a position to drop a few more places. 1 point from 2 games later and finally there was a win but that only took us back up as far as 4th. 2 points from 3 games later and even getting 3rd seemed a distant hope, being 6 points and a few places adrift with 9 games to go. I decided to use the opportunity to blood my now 16yr old DC, Freidrich, despite his terrible mental stats as his technical ones alone had been pretty good. Ironically the first game I did so was a victory and clean sheet, and he became the club’s youngest player at 16 yrs and 12 days. After that was followed by a defeat, the top 3 quickly cemented their position, however 5 wins in the remaining 7 games enabled us to stay pretty close and not just fade away down to mid table. The last featuring Freidrich’s 1st goal (making him the club’s youngest ever goalscorer as well) and MoM.

No matter what the initial expectations, when you’re up there in the promotion places for so long it’s always disappointing to see your chances fade away so suddenly. However that was the only downside really. By all other accounts this was a fantastic season, and the way form picked up at the end is a sign that the early season run was no accident. Even the lack of promotion isn’t that bad as I’d generally prefer to build up carefully. I’m not a believer in judging a side by one season so I’m cautious in expecting another push next time but whatever happens, it’s been going very well so far.

Squad

League

Transfers

Finances

Anyway I'm sure LLR's dropped points won't haunt him. Leaving aside the fact that he probably won't go down, there's likely to be many other rued dropped points to worry about. Also hope ghosthunter can keep things up. Also congrats to G-Wiz on a strong continued rise up.

LLR - good start to the season, even with your GK blip!! :D sounds like you may be able to challenge towards the top half maybe???

G-Wiz - your game seems to be almost mirroring mine! promotions in the same seasons, same trophys won, and in debut season in Serie B, you finished 8th and me 9th, but only on GD.... And i see you have Luca Crotti. how is he for you? he's just told me he wants to move to a bigger club and with 1 year left on contract, he may well be on his way.....

Haha yeah I can't believe that result, was sooo disappointing to screw something like that up. But as you all say my form should prevent me finishing at the bottom, though last year relegation & 6th were only separated by 6 points. I would like to think I can challenge for midtable, but it depends on making things happen.

Deltablue - a good solid season there in the end you got close to promotion, so it should only take a small improvement for you to make the step-up into the new season.

SV Stuttgarter Kickers - German Bundesliga 2014/15

Fairly disappointing season last time out, dropping back in the league. This year proved to be a whole lot better.

Table

Progress

Bayern were pretty dominant this year, winning ther first title since 2011. We matched them for the first 10 or so games but they were almost completely relentless, so we slipped back. There wasn't a great deal of competition for the 2nd spot, Leverkeusen leap froggin us as our form dipped mid season, but other than that we were great. The main worry was my defence. Even with a quality defensive midfielder in Gago, we leaked goals. Both my centre backs are very good, but they're young, so I can only hope they grow with experience.

Squad

After selling Fomin and Kramaric in the summer, we really needed young Tarik to step up. He did so brilliantly and was excellently supported by new signings Pacheco and Gottwald. I've tried to bring in more German talent but there simply aren't many German players good enough. Saying that, I have some fantastic youth prospects (mostly German) who I hope can come through in the next few years and make Germany great again.

Transfers

Broke even then. Most of my transfers in, initially, were young Germans who my scouts seem to think have good futures ahead of them. I decided to get rid of some of my better players who were aging, hence making alot. But Kramaric going was a real blow. Bayern started sniffing around him and he kicked up a fuss, so I had to let him go. £12.5mil is a good amount, but I think he was worth more than that to the team as a player. Still, an excuse to get in some new attackers who all played fairly well, with the exception of Frampton who didn't score in his 14 Bundesliga starts. Gago was obviously a massive coup, but wasn't the star I expected him to be.

Europa League

This was great fun. I thought we'd blown it with a terrible home performance against Sevilla, and then going 1-0 over there. But we fought back brilliantly to go through. The final was tense, and we were on the back foot for the most part, but we scraped through to claim our second trophy in as many years. Role on the CL.

German Cup

Urgh.

Well, the obvious progression is to win the league now. A decent run in the CL would be nice, too.

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Division 3    3rd       Promoted through play offs.
2011/12  Division 2    2nd       Promoted, Lost in German Cup 1st Round
2012/13  Bundesliga    5th       Qualified for Euro Cup.
2013/14  Bundesliga    9th       Won the German Cup, Euro Cup 1/4 Finals. 
2014/15  Bundesliga    2nd       Won Euro Cup, German Cup Semis, CL qualification

deltablue - a really solid first season, im sure that the coming season will see you push on from strength to strength

rlipscombe - yeah, pretty close in terms of achievements etc. altho it appears your board are a bit more forthcoming than the one im landed with! i decided to try my luck and request a stadium expansion, to which i was informed the council would not approve the expansion due to a lack of space! am i gonna be stuck with a 4500 seater stadium forever!?! maybe not the boards fault, but im blaming them anyway!! :D

As for Luca Crotti, he is probably among my most consistent players, seems to quietly go about his business, hence the reason i dont think ive really mentioned him in many of my updates. but he's played over 120 games since i signed him in 2011, so must be doing something right. He's also highly rated by the staff, altho its not necessarily reflected in his attributes...

anyway, got a couple of players lined up, hopefully get some deals completed by the time the transfer window closes...and my hopes of a cup run and a money spinner against some Serie A opposition have been ruined by Udinese in the 3rd qualifying round, whom, having been 1-0 up after 2 minutes (Ripamonti), just came back to beat me 2-1 :thdn:

.... i decided to try my luck and request a stadium expansion, to which i was informed the council would not approve the expansion due to a lack of space! am i gonna be stuck with a 4500 seater stadium forever!?! maybe not the boards fault, but im blaming them anyway!! :D......

I feel your pain. So far this season our average attendance at home is 7023, our ground capacity???? 7023

Well after a week without playing (busy with work :( )

Here,s an update on how things are going for Montevarchi.

I,m 20 games into my third season and seem to be taking a step backwards,too many draws and not enough wins. Here's the table http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4905/table3g.jpg and here's the graph http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9425/graph1.jpg As you can see I had a shocking start and I'm only starting to get things together,looks like another mid table finish though :thdn:

Luca Arena has been my top performer after coming on loan from Juventus http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9274/arena.jpg

I'm also pretty happy with Enrico Verachi who I got on a ree at the start of the season,I have him playing as a left winger and he has done well there with 9 assists. http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8131/verachi.jpg

Now I need a bit of advice with this,Reggina have offered me 100K for co ownership of my hot prospect (Well he is already in the starting 11 of the senior team) They will leave him stay at the club for two years before both clubs have to bid for him.I'm 65K in debt so I could do with the cash,here's the player http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9466/varrielle1.jpg

What do ye think I should do :confused:

Hmmm My new GK Braun (BEL) is having trouble fitting in, and the Ass man has suggested I bring in another Belgian, wait a second, what about Manuel De Castris (BEL)?? Or Franco Zennaro (BEL)?? Do these two not count or is my Ass Man just confused?

Well with 5 games to go I avoided relegation, now I am currently in 7th and around me the table is very tight. Freamunde 4th (41), Trofense 5th (41), Chaves 6th (40), Evora 7th (39) & U.Madeira 8th (37).

Our remaining games are Away to Beira Mar (13th), Away to Gil. Vicente (10th), Home to Covilha (11th), & Away to U. Madeira (8th). So we should have a good shot in all these matches and try to keep our unbeaten streak going. Currently 9 games (5W, 4D).

Well a single game left against U.Madeira (8th) 43pts, we are 6th with 44, Chaves 7th with 43, and Freamunde & Trofense 4th & 5th have 47, so we need to win in my books as we travel to Madeira. I expect to finish 6th as Freamunde face Chaves & Trofense face Varzim (9th).

If Varzim, Chaves and Evora win the tie on 47 pts would go like this, Results between teams comes first:

Feirense 2-2-0 (8pts)

Trofense 2-0-2 (6pts)

Evora 0-2-2 (2pts)

So the best we can finish is 6th according to my calculations, of course who knows whether that would be the way they score it.

Des Tiny's

Lusitano de Evora

lusitano_de_evora_home.png

End of Season

2012/13 Liga Vitalis

The Current Season

The Quick Reference

Predicted: 16th

Odds: 16th (100-1)

Actual: 8th

Portuguese Cup: 2nd Round vs Feirense

League Cup: 2nd Round: 3rd Group F

Finances: 1.6M (19th Por)

The Squad: 1 & 2

Transfers: 2012/13

The Season in General

Well with my main aim to stay up, the Asst Manager thought we had good enough players before the season even started to achieve this, but I decided if I could find any players better than my current crop I would bring them in anyway. I ended up just over wage budget with my large number of signings and should possibly have let more players go later in the season. We managed to cement a top half finish, and have a strong squad going forward. Financially we are even more in debt after that season as we passed the 0.25M mark and are now well over 300k in debt, we need t do something about this, but there is not much option really.

The League

The league started well as we won our first game, and a few more results put us well inside the top half, but a poor run from our 4th game to our 8th game saw us in 12th spot, before we then put a string of results together to get back to 5th, following a stay at 5th we then proceeded to fall apart once more and we ended the first half of the season with a 5-2-8 record and 12th spot, I was definitely not happy with that, so the changes in January added to a slight tactical switch up saw the second half be a much greater improvement as we went 7-6-2 through the second 15 games and moved into the top half comfortably, a last day loss to U.Madeira saw us slide to 8th. Though this was more than satisfactory for our first season in Liga Vitalis.

Player Stats

The Cups

Well the board wanted us to make the third round again, and also to enjy the League Cup. Well first up we faced Fatima home & away to qualify for the League Cup 2nd round group stages, we absolutely smashed them winning 5-1 at home before travelling to lose 2:1 and win 6-3 on aggregate. That drew us against Varzim & Belenenses both who beat us twice to leave us out after the group stage in 3rd. As for the Portuguese Cup in the second round we lost on penalties after a tight game was 1:1 the whole way. A miss by one of our stars put us out.

Player Stats League Cup

Player Stats Portuguese Cup

The Club's History

League Records

| Season | League | Final Pos | Playoffs | Achievements |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4647693&postcount=2810"]2010/11[/url] | 2DS | [url="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]6th[/url] | | None |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4669085&postcount=2856"]2011/12[/url] | 2DS | [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]1st[/url] | [url="http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]2nd[/url] | Promoted |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4687627&postcount=2883"]2012/13[/url] | LV | [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1156/portugueseseconddivisio.png"]8th[/url] | N/A | None |

Goals Home & Away

| 2010/11 | 2DS | 36-15 | 18-29 | 54-44 |
| 2011/12 | 2DS | 39-10 | 31-20 | 70-30 |
| 2012/13 | LV | 33-22 | 20-25 | 53-47 |

Win-Draw-Loss Records

|  Season  |  League  |   Home   |  Away    | Total    |
|  2010/11 |   2DS    | 10-03-02 | 05-01-09 | 15-04-11 |
|  2011/12 |   2DS    | 13-03-01 | 07-06-04 | 20-10-05 |
|  2012/13 |    LV    | 09-01-05 | 03-07-05 | 12-08-10 |

Club Records & Competition History

New Records: Highest League Pos: 8th LV, Highest Scoring Game/League Game 6:3, Losing Streak 5, Without Winning Streak 5, Career League Appearances: Jose Maria 79, Youngest Player: Jean Silva 18y 281d.

All Records: Part 1 & 2.

Competition History: 2nd Division South 2012.

The Players

The Squad

Current Teams Stats: This Season & Evora Career.

Goalkeepers

33.Festas - Well he started the season as number two behind Martins, but dropped to third when Braun joined. He only played a short run when both first choice keepers were injured, he is likely to leave the club in July.

30.Andre Martins - He was the clear number 1 keeper this season, he may have conceded 46 goals in his 30 games, but I think a lot of this relates to some poor games where we allowed a lot while trying to get back into them.

31.Leroy Braun - He is definitely better than his stats this season show, his first game was a 4:0 loss to Belenenses and his second was a 2:1 loss, but he is better than that and will get some more game time next season.

Right Backs

62.Paulinho - Well he dropped to being the third right back this season. And it shows as he is not of the class of Semprini who ended up starting in the second half.

64.Carlos Alves - He started the season as the starter, and it looked like he would continue when Semprini came in, but a short injury saw Semprini step in and prove himself as the starter.

39.Fabio Semprini - A great second half of the season saw him cement the starting spot and I will continue with him into the new season.

Left Backs

56.Leonel - Well we had a bit of a rotation period in at left back this season, but it never seemed to work as well as it should've. Leonel is definitely not going to be at the top in the new season.

53.Lorenzo Semioli - Well the young Italian showed his skill late in the season and he is likely to start, I am happy with his performance this season.

17.Gabriele Federici - He looks very good, but he doesn't seem to put that into form on the park which he needs to do if he wants to take the spot.

Centre Backs

4.Mauro - He didn't play at all this season. Will leave in July.

18.Roberto Amarilla - As he dropped to 4th or 5th best at his own position he is likely to leave in the new season if I can sell him.

28.Franco Zennaro - He came in looking better than what I had, but improvements by Visentin & Serodio left him out of the line-up.

7.Sebastian Visentin - The youngster was one of the top 3 at the club, but he had a few shocking moments where he let through some of the worst goals I have seen.

6.Diego Galiano - The solid rock on defense, great at Penalties and he got a few from corners as well this season. The older player in the middle he definitely was a leader in the team.

5.Miguel Serodio - Another youngster, he finished the season alongside Galiano and looked better than Visentin, but not sure if he will continue or if I am looking for someone better.

Right Wings

47.Jean Silva - Silva had to fight for a spot this season with Lacroix, neither of them was anywhere near Inzaghi.

37. Christophe Lacroix - A good battler, but his only appearance came in the season finally with an injury to Ingazhi.

27.Inzaghi - Without a doubt the only top class right winger in our side. He led the team from the side and was a brilliant player for most of the season.

Left Wings

72.Helder Costa - Never really in the line-up this year except because of injury.

73.Revy Rosalia - He captained the side through our great run, and he showed that he is a star left winger all year. I want him to continue in the same form, hopefully he doesn't lose it over the end of season break.

78.Luis Pereira - The back-up, he was solid when called on, but nothing amazing.

Centre Mids

22.Jose Maria - With a lot more class in the midfield he played a fair number of games, but there was a lot more rotation this season.

43.Raphael Lopes - The only midfielder to start whenever he was fit. Lopes is definitely the best player we have in the centre and he will definitely be continuing in the new year.

15.Manuel De Castris - He dropped to dead last in this position, but he still got a few games.

24.Bruno - Another true cover for this spot, but he was solid when he played.

23.Jose Manuel - According to my coaches he is the best midfielder, but he was not quite as good as Maria, one of these two will be alongside Lopes going forward.

13.Carlos Perez Rojo - He played as cover for Lopes, but he is definitely better than he is rated. His stats were a little disappointing, but I am sure I can find a way to get the best out of him.

Strikers

10.Antonio Alves - The beginning of the season saw a rotation between Alves, Edson & Alvaro alongside Wesllem, but none of them showed any skill.

1.Edson - When Menga joined in January his run in the starting team was truly over and he never really played after that.

57.Addy Menga - Originally brought in as a right winger to alternate with Inzaghi, but he played one game upfront and that was it, he showed he was the best Striker we had and his form continued all season.

11.Wesllem - He started the season as the number one striker in the squad, but without a doubt he was better once he was in combo with Menga.

2.Alvaro - A disappointment from the new signing.

The Best of the Best

bestev.jpg

The Awards

Portugal

Most Improved Club: Evora

2nd Division

Player of the Month: Oct - Andre Martins (1st), Mar - Addy Menga (3rd).

Manager of the Month: Mar - Des Tiny (1st).

Most Assists: Jose Maria 2nd (10)

Most MoM: Addy Menga 3rd (5)

Team of the Year: Diego Galiano

Highest Avg Rat: Addy Menga (7.51)

League Cup

Goal of the Year: Wesllem (2nd)

Evora

Fans PotY: Diego Galiano

Best XI: Martins, C. Alves, Federici, Visentin, Galiano, Inzaghi, Lopes, Manuel, Maria, Menga, Wesllem.

Subs: Festas, Edson, Rosalia, Bruno, Semprini, Alvaro, Leonel.

Overall XI: Martins, C. Alves, M. Silva, Mauro, Galiano, Inzaghi, Lopes, Manuel, Maria, Edson, A.Alves.

Subs: Festas, Wesllem, Costa, Caetano, Visentin, Federici, Nilton.

The Next Season

Aims

Well obviously the aim for next season is to improve on last year, I want to at least double the points from our second half so that was 7-6-2 (27pts), so I am looking for 14-12-4 (54pts), which would've seen me third. I want to come into the top 5 of the league, and hopefully have a shot at promotion, of course any improvement over 8th would be satisfactory.

Posted early as I need to run for a bit, will be back to complete the players section & awards shortly.

Good progress in Portugal LLR. :thup: It seems the gap between the 2nd Division and Liga Vitalis is quite small, which helps for making a quick promotion push.

I had the same ass man suggestion as you about bringing in players to help a foriegn star settle, except for me he said an Italian new signing was in need of some company - at the time, I had 10 Italians at the club! :D

Cookie - No not John Motson haha, I just really enjoy writing and including everything I can so that people have an idea what's going on.

DodgeeD - I definitely had a good laugh when he gave me that suggestion, the other one that made me laugh was "Remove from Transfer List" when the player is already leaving. The gap isn't that big, I do remember last year it took me 4 seasons to get out of the 2nd Division, but only 2 to get through Liga Vitalis.

Rlips - Thanks for the support, so far for the new season I have only brought in a pair of new strikers, and have managed to clear all bar two of my excess cutting my squad to 22 players again. One of the strikers is a starter with Menga moving to the Right Wing, and the other is my back-up.

Well just had our opening Portuguese Cup match, a short trip to Lousada who previously we had drawn 1:1 with in a friendly, I started my number 1 side as I wanted to guarantee progression and were up 2:0 at halftime with a Penalty to Galiano, and a goal to Wesllem, Manuel finished it off with two great second half goals, but the story was bringing on Elia Motta our young future striker in the 67th minute for his debut, and then 9 minutes later he gets injured after I have used my last sub so we finished the game with 10 men.

He actually tore his groin and will now miss 6-7 weeks after his 9 minute debut.

----------------------------------------crest.jpg----------------------------------------------

Montevarchi are promoted at last

Well after three long hard season's Ray Parlour has finally got his team out of the bottom division of Italian football.After securing the final playoff spot on the final day of the season,they faced Guilianova in the semi's.The first leg was a drab affair which ended in a 1-1 draw,it was all to play for in the second leg.1 nil down with 10 mins to go,things were looking bleak.An own goal from Marco Abate got Montevarchi on level terms and then Luca Arena scored a beautiful curler in the 87 min to send Parlours men into the final.

One more team now stood in the way of glory for the minnows,the on form Fogilno.Again Montevarchi played the first leg at home and once again it ended in a draw 2-2.So it was all down to the last game of the season,Fogilno dominated the game but just couldn't take their chances.Enrico Verachi put Montevarchi ahead after 14 mins and Jose Maria Cases doubled their lead after 79 mins.But Fogilno fought back and scored a goal of their own,hit the crossbar and missed a sitter.Final score 2-1 to Montevarchi and promotion at long last !

Luca Arena was brilliant all season long scoring 26 goals and 9 assists,he was on loan from Juventus and returned at the end of the season but I have now signed him on a permanent basis :D

Maurizio Varialle has also been immence,I'm glad I turned down Reggina's offer of 100K in January.He has now turned 17 and has been called for the Italian under 19's,albeit he hasn't played yet.

I missed out on manager of the year but at least I got a mention in second place

So I'm now facing a new challenge,can I avoid relegation from Serie C1/A,with teams like Piacenza,Modena,Pescara,Empoli and Ancona it really feels like the we're in the big time :p

I'm off to try and get some quality players in for what will no doubt be a bumpy ride

There is that Minisav, though generally if a great team is in that league after 3-4 seasons into the game it is because they have lost the players required to keep them up. And therefore they are no different to a regular team at that level, the only ones you generally have to be worried about are those who were relegated last season, or those who finished highest and were not promoted.

Also an update on Motta, his first game back after injury sees him come on off the bench at 66:56 on the clock and line up for a corner, and he scores at 67:24, 28s after he stepped onto the pitch and 9m 27s into his career for Evora he scores his 1st goal, beautiful. (His current league career is one app for Fiorentina in 3 seasons, then 1 sub for us and his first goal). So stats career 1(2) 1G 0A 6.80. He looks like a good shot for our squad really.

Next game off the bench again and he scored a stunning equaliser as we drew 1:1 with Santa Clara who were relegated from Liga Sagres last season.

Archived