FM10: Official Manchester United Thread - Rooney's the main man

jonahno6

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've found that Fletcher is best as a normal Central Midfielder set to Defend

I tried him as Ball Winning to begin with but he wasn't performing.

Carrick and Scholes are both brilliant as a Deep Lying Playmaker

Thanks for the answer. I am playing with two MC's: Scholes as a right and in Advanced Playmaker role, and Carrick as a left MC having Deep Lying Playmaker role. They are playing very very well. But when I put Fletch instead of Carrick, and put him as a Box-To-Box or Ball Winning (either defend or support) he plays badly. And I find him the perfct Box-To-Box Midfielder in FM, but he just doen't plays that well.

Everything else functions brilliantly in my team so far.

Anyway I'll try using him as you said, and give you feedback. :thup:

MZizzle2 , have you sold anyone ? Surely having Owen,Rooney,Dzeko,Berba is too much ?

Nope. I have also those four strikers. Rooney and Berbs as a first choice. Rooney indispensable and Berbs important first team player. Dzeko rotation and is on my subs bench. And Owen as a backup. All of them are happy and playing very well, especially Wayne. :thup:

So far the season for me has been up and down. I started off losing to Chelsea in the Community Shield and then losing to Man City in my first Premiership game but I dominated both games so I wasn't concerned. I then went on to win four straight games pretty comfortably with Rooney and Dzeko scoring a bunch of goals for me so I thought I may have found a good tactic and that it was finally kicking in. I then go on to lose to Blackburn 3-0. I don't know how that happens. In the four game win streak I beat Arsenal and Everton but I can't beat Blackburn?

My signings are Srna, Dzeko, Silva, and Migel Veloso.

So far Srna and Dzeko have been brilliant and I would recommend that you sign them both. Silva has been poor and very poor for his standards and I am very disappointed considering I paid 25 million for him. Veloso I just signed on the last day of the transfer window so he has only played two games for me, but in those two games he got above 7 ratings so he looks good to.

It might be due to a lot of new players. Valencia, Dzeko, Silva, Srna, Veloso, Owen. They just came to the club. They need to gel. I only bought Dzeko and Baines (backup for Evra). And my team plays fantasticlly. I won all friendlies by a great margin. Won against Chelsea 5-1, after that won againt City 2-0 and with the same result, I beat Sunderland.

So far so good, I hope it continues. :D

Why does Rooney have such terrible stats in the Demo? Has he been seriously downgraded?

Also is there any way to increase the ratio of player size and ball size to the pitch size? I'm having a problem seeing the ball when it's being crossed into the box (especially during corners). Thanks.

Why does Rooney have such terrible stats in the Demo? Has he been seriously downgraded?

Also is there any way to increase the ratio of player size and ball size to the pitch size? I'm having a problem seeing the ball when it's being crossed into the box (especially during corners). Thanks.

He's got great mental and phisycal stats, what makes him one of the best strikers in FM. Even though I must say myself that I don't agree with jis attributes, but... As for your another question, try TV View?

You can put you point across to the Man United researcher if you go to data issues. Make sure you make proper points though, dont just say Rooney is not good enough.

Won my first two games. 3-0 versus Chelsea in the Community Shield (Rooney x2, Berbatov 1), and 1-0 win over Man City at home (Rooney the scorer)

Brought in quite a few players, used the whole of my budget:

Cesar Azpilicueta 32.5m

Juan Manuel Vargas 9m

Edin Dzeko 13.75m

Rafinha 12.75m

and looking to bring in Fiorillo as a young reserve keeper.

Only significant departure was John O'Shea to Wigan on loan with an option to buy

Still trying to figure out how to get the best out of Berbatov. I have Rooney as the Advanced forward and he's scoring goals for fun, but Berbatov is struggling a bit as the Deep Lying forward

I might try him as a Trequartista

You can put you point across to the Man United researcher if you go to data issues. Make sure you make proper points though, dont just say Rooney is not good enough.

Don't send him my way if he's going to come up with nonsense like that...

Won my first two games. 3-0 versus Chelsea in the Community Shield (Rooney x2, Berbatov 1), and 1-0 win over Man City at home (Rooney the scorer)

Brought in quite a few players, used the whole of my budget:

Cesar Azpilicueta 32.5m

Juan Manuel Vargas 9m

Edin Dzeko 13.75m

Rafinha 12.75m

and looking to bring in Fiorillo as a young reserve keeper.

Only significant departure was John O'Shea to Wigan on loan with an option to buy

Still trying to figure out how to get the best out of Berbatov. I have Rooney as the Advanced forward and he's scoring goals for fun, but Berbatov is struggling a bit as the Deep Lying forward

I might try him as a Trequartista

I also play Rooney as an Advanced Forward and Berba as a Deep-Lying Forward. And in my case both are scoring for fun, just like Dzeko as a Target Man and Owen as a Poacher.

I also play Rooney as an Advanced Forward and Berba as a Deep-Lying Forward. And in my case both are scoring for fun, just like Dzeko as a Target Man and Owen as a Poacher.

Yep, I really like the new player position roles.. Easier to translate how United play in real life to the game.

i play berba as a complete forward, and he gets me a goal every game(:

rooney for me is blowing hot and cold. i tried him as a deep lying and advanced forward. and i still figuring out what is the best for him.

owen? haha no more than a super sub/ squad player.

i play berba as a complete forward, and he gets me a goal every game(:

rooney for me is blowing hot and cold. i tried him as a deep lying and advanced forward. and i still figuring out what is the best for him.

owen? haha no more than a super sub/ squad player.

super sub indeed...

manutdvrmadrid.th.png

He's got great mental and phisycal stats, what makes him one of the best strikers in FM. Even though I must say myself that I don't agree with jis attributes, but... As for your another question, try TV View?

His mental stats are great but his finishing is very poor.

I am playing on TV view. Its still very small.

Anyone buy Cassano? He looks brilliant. And his influence is 20!

How about Goran Pandev? Simao?

What about Luis Fabiano?

Anyone go with Maicon or Lahm instead of Srna?

What are people paying for Srna and others?

I tryed to sign Lahm but they wonted over £30M for him. Cassano looks awesome but Chelsea got him :(

What is it? I find Tosic useful his stats aren't that bad imo

huh? I meant Obertan, just because he had a below par season at Llorient and the researches decided to lower his PA from 185 to 170(such a huge gap)..He's supposed to be "the Ronaldo replacement" for some Man Utd fans like me ;) guess not now

His mental stats are great but his finishing is very poor.

I am playing on TV view. Its still very small.

15 is not bad. If you think a bit, Rooney isn't really the typical striker and world-class finisher IRL, e.g. as RVN. ;) I think 15 reprsenting his finishing is spot on. IMO his finishing will be improved to 17 max.

Disappointed with Obertan's PA..sigh
huh? I meant Obertan, just because he had a below par season at Llorient and the researches decided to lower his PA from 185 to 170(such a huge gap)..He's supposed to be "the Ronaldo replacement" for some Man Utd fans like me ;) guess not now

170 is still good, it's not like he's got a terrible PA now. It's not like he's fully justified the previous high PA, its quite funny before he moved to United I'm sure you would be saying he's got a too high PA. :D

Anyway, there is an editor on the full game.

Anyone having trouble with Rooney's motivation? Phelan keeps telling me that Rooney is having trouble motivating himself due to my low stature as a manager.

Being a Man United Fan born and bred I know the United Gods will strike me down for saying this but at least in FM 10 OWEN IS A GOD! 19 goals in 7 games in preseason and scored 2 against Chelsea in the Community Shield.

I'm surprised by Valencia tbh he performs much better than i was expecting based on his stats.

Jovetic is doing well playing as an inside forward from the left wing for me and Hamsik is proving to be a genius creative playmaker.

DONT PLAY BERBATOV as a Trequartista he averaged 6.3 preseason playing him like that. Switched him to Deep lying Forward for the Community Shield and got and 8.5 and 1 goal out of him.

(Beat Chelsea 3:1 in Community Shield)

Anyone having trouble with Rooney's motivation? Phelan keeps telling me that Rooney is having trouble motivating himself due to my low stature as a manager.

Being a Man United Fan born and bred I know the United Gods will strike me down for saying this but at least in FM 10 OWEN IS A GOD! 19 goals in 7 games in preseason and scored 2 against Chelsea in the Community Shield.

I'm surprised by Valencia tbh he performs much better than i was expecting based on his stats.

Jovetic is doing well playing as an inside forward from the left wing for me and Hamsik is proving to be a genius creative playmaker.

DONT PLAY BERBATOV as a Trequartista he averaged 6.3 preseason playing him like that. Switched him to Deep lying Forward for the Community Shield and got and 8.5 and 1 goal out of him.

(Beat Chelsea 3:1 in Community Shield)

What do you mean inside forward? Do you play 4-2-2-2 to use inside forwards?

Also Rooney is great for me.

293gkcn.jpg

So far on my United Demo Save I brought in:

Vargas for £7 Million

Hamsik for £10 Million

Jovetic for £14 Million

I've sold:

Park £5 Million

Fletcher £12 Million

Brown £6 Million

Kuszczak £2 Million

I've also got O'Shea and Gibson out on Loan to Sunderlund with the option to buy.

Just trying to bring in some young defenders who'll be future world class now. However so far can't get bids for Santon, Sakho or Chiellini accepted no matter what I offer. Transfer deadline going to pass within 24hours on my game and I may be light on defensive players.

If you wouldn't mind thanks :)

I'm not getting the same success with Rooney as you, he seems to get PLENTY of chances but for some reason doesn't finish many of them

Here it is.

e6ac2b.jpg

Am not sure if it will work mate because i have changed my tactics loads of times.

Am gona start a new game and play rooney as i play him now and see if he plays as well.

4 2 2 2 doesnt work longer term. not enough control in the middle of the park even with hargreaves and carrick working as ball winners. going back to 4 4 2 with a slightly more attacking set up

Okaii was gona try it but wont now but thanks anyway.

Archived