FM10: Official Manchester United Thread - Rooney's the main man

jonahno6

Gabriel Obetan's PA is

Really looking forward to the full version of this, going to love developing the likes of Macheda, Morrison etc into stars.

Chrisy

What formation are you playing, 4 losses seems alot for only 11 games. I normally go with 5 defeats or less for the whole season.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started a game, didn't sell anyone (despite a lot of interest from Valencia et Roma in O'Shea?) brought in that Jovetic (£14million) and Silva (£30million).

Lost 1-0 to Chelsea in the CS, Ballack scored a 25 yarder, then I dominated them for the rest of the game but couldn't score.

Beat Man City 2-0, and Sunderland 6-0!

Silva has been immense as a AMish role from CM.

How does everyone use Berbatov et Rooney?

Finished my half-season top, 4 points clear of Chelsea. Villa top scorer with 19 goals in 20, formed awesome partnership with Rooney who hit 12.

League Table:

2360rn.jpg

First Team Squad: (just had £16m bid accepted for Rossi at start of Jan, Valencia also on his way out for £12m, demo ended before they could agree terms though)

mb7tdw.jpg

My 442 tactic seems to get my strikers loads of goals, can't really get the midfielders scoring as yet though...Silva does have 11 assists though and Fabregas 8.

Gabriel Obetan's PA is

Really looking forward to the full version of this, going to love developing the likes of Macheda, Morrison etc into stars.

Chrisy

What formation are you playing, 4 losses seems alot for only 11 games. I normally go with 5 defeats or less for the whole season.

I don't have a clue about formations yet so i keep changing it. But at the mo i have it on fluid and balanced. You shud see this LAWL

fu6uf5.jpg

Getting my ass wupped :(

I think Im going to have alot of fun with United on this game

Macheda

Petrucci

Morrison

Fabio

Rafael

Welbeck

Ljajic

Evans

Nani

Tosic

Obertan

All look like they could be established first teamers.

Plus a big transfer fund.

I cant wait for the full game to be released and start a game with a bigger data base.

chrisy What formation are you playing? 442?

I think Im going to have alot of fun with United on this game

Macheda

Petrucci

Morrison

Fabio

Rafael

Welbeck

Ljajic

Evans

Nani

Tosic

Obertan

All look like they could be established first teamers.

Plus a big transfer fund.

I cant wait for the full game to be released and start a game with a bigger data base.

chrisy What formation are you playing? 442?

Yes i am....

I'd recommend playing Rooney in the 'Trequartista' role (I made some minor adjustments), he's got 6 goals in about 100 minutes for me (admittedly both in friendlies). Haven't tried him in other roles but his attributes suggest 'Treq.' or 'Deep Lying Forward', but the latter sounded too much like a support role and less of a goal threat which is not my cup of tea.

Edit: Forgot to mention that he got injured on the sixth goal and is now out for 2 months...

I'd recommend playing Rooney in the 'Trequartista' role (I made some minor adjustments), he's got 6 goals in about 100 minutes for me (admittedly both in friendlies). Haven't tried him in other roles but his attributes suggest 'Treq.' or 'Deep Lying Forward', but the latter sounded too much like a support role and less of a goal threat which is not my cup of tea.

I dont know wht the Trequartista role is mate. Also Rooney is playing well for me

18 Appearances 16 Goals not bad at all. I use him as a deep lying forward too.

263u9sh.jpg

That it??

Yes, thanks.

Couple of things: There's a bit of contradiction there with a 'Fluid' philosophy but a 'Stick to position' roaming tactic, and an 'Attacking' mentality but 'Shorter' passing style. Fluid and attacking certainly works well together, but maybe try allowing a bit more roaming - even just 'Default'? And an attacking, quick-tempoed tactic like that is begging for a 'More direct' passing style, or at least 'Default'. Or change the mentality to 'Control' and keep the short passing, possession style football - both can be successful.

Also I'd tone down defensive line a bit. United's defence (bar Evra and Rio - who was a sub) aren't quick enough to deal with the large space between the GK and the defensive line, which leaves a lot of space for fast opposition to exploit with off-the-ball runs.

Just a couple of changes, maybe give it a go.

Yes, thanks.

Couple of things: There's a bit of contradiction there with a 'Fluid' philosophy but a 'Stick to position' roaming tactic, and an 'Attacking' mentality but 'Shorter' passing style. Fluid and attacking certainly works well together, but maybe try allowing a bit more roaming - even just 'Default'? And an attacking, quick-tempoed tactic like that is begging for a 'More direct' passing style, or at least 'Default'. Or change the mentality to 'Control' and keep the short passing, possession style football - both can be successful.

Also I'd tone down defensive line a bit. United's defence (bar Evra and Rio - who was a sub) aren't quick enough to deal with the large space between the GK and the defensive line, which leaves a lot of space for fast opposition to exploit with off-the-ball runs.

Just a couple of changes, maybe give it a go.

So should i put passing on direct?? Also thanks :)

I personally adopt a contain tactic, with shorter passing. But you could do passing yourself, for example, having defensive players, and players with average passing ability set as short and safe passing, and let the Rooney's and Carrick's focus on creating something, I.E. direct passing.

I don't, but that's because it wouldn't suit the tactics I use.

I play controlling, possession-dominating football around the defence and midfield, and then attack ferociously when the ball reaches the wingers/strikers. At least that's how I like to think I play. :D

Edit: tottivillarossi has exactly the right idea of my tactic - slow build-up but then it sparks when it hits the playmaker/attack.

I don't, but that's because it wouldn't suit the tactics I use.

I play controlling, possession-dominating football around the defence and midfield, and then attack ferociously when the ball reaches the wingers/strikers. At least that's how I like to think I play. :D

Haha i would like to play football where i dominate the match and have allot of chances but don't have a clue how to do this lawl

do you mind letting us know how much u pay for the new players?

My Squad:

First 11: 442

Enke

Azpilicueta

Ferdinand

Vidic

Evra

Srna

Fabregas

De Rossi

Silva

Villa

Rooney

2nd 11: 442

Foster

Rafael

Shawcross

Chiellini

Chivu

Arda

Hamsik

Fletcher

Vargas

Gilardino

Rossi

Everyone else has been sold, I'm also gonna get rid of Owen, Valencia and Hargreaves in Jan to help balance the books

I play Rooney as an Advanced Forward and he is very good in partnership, whom Berba which I play as a Deep Lying forward. They both get plenty of goals, and Berba get a lot of assist. I bought Dzeko and play him as a Target Man. Owen is my poacher. All works very well, exept for Flech. I playe him sometimes as a Box-To-Box, and sometimes as a Ball-Winning, but his average rating is 6.50 :( Your suggestions for how to play Fletch?

I dont know wht the Trequartista role is mate. Also Rooney is playing well for me

18 Appearances 16 Goals not bad at all. I use him as a deep lying forward too.[/QUO

The perfect example for Trequartista IRL is Totti. :thup: So AM/FC with both of those positions to be natural, decribed as forward. I hope you get the idea what kind of a player Trequartista is. :)

I've read a couple of posts here talking about RVN crazy wage demands and must say I agree that he shouldn't be on that. But I don't know why but wanted him so got him on loan instead, cost £220k and have to pay 50% of his wages. Still high but not that bad I thought.

Macheda is on fire on my save game he's got 9 goals in 4 games he scored a hatrick against juventus and a hatrick the next game against arsenal, he's doing better than David villa who's only got 4 goals in 8 games and I paid 70 mill for him, also nani is amazing taking freekicks he's got 5 goals in 7 games all from freekicks, and everyone should sign MATIAS DEFEDERICO he's amazing on the left wing he's like messi and only costs 6 mill he's got 4 goals in 6 games

Ive started well. I lost the Community shield to a disallowed goal from Chelsea but i went on to beat Man City 4-2 and Sunderland 2 nil.

I brought in van der Vaart(looks like his stats have been given a boost) and RVN in on loan and i couldnt get Silva so brought in Stevan Jovetic(man city wanted to hijack the deal but he only wanted to come to me). I play a 4 4 2 with Berba as a deep lying striker and he has 2 goals in 2 league games. will post more after my 10th league game.

Tough CL group:

Man Utd

Real Madrid

Bordeaux

Partizan

My CL campaign will be fun! :D

In which role do you guys use Fletch? Ball winning or Box-To-Box? I tried both, and he doesn't seems to perform...But surley he is improved and looks good (Y)

I've found that Fletcher is best as a normal Central Midfielder set to Defend

I tried him as Ball Winning to begin with but he wasn't performing.

Carrick and Scholes are both brilliant as a Deep Lying Playmaker

So far the season for me has been up and down. I started off losing to Chelsea in the Community Shield and then losing to Man City in my first Premiership game but I dominated both games so I wasn't concerned. I then went on to win four straight games pretty comfortably with Rooney and Dzeko scoring a bunch of goals for me so I thought I may have found a good tactic and that it was finally kicking in. I then go on to lose to Blackburn 3-0. I don't know how that happens. In the four game win streak I beat Arsenal and Everton but I can't beat Blackburn?

My signings are Srna, Dzeko, Silva, and Migel Veloso.

So far Srna and Dzeko have been brilliant and I would recommend that you sign them both. Silva has been poor and very poor for his standards and I am very disappointed considering I paid 25 million for him. Veloso I just signed on the last day of the transfer window so he has only played two games for me, but in those two games he got above 7 ratings so he looks good to.

Archived