The FM08/FM09 Ultimate CSE League - Enter your Small Club to Big Club Team Now!

Brilliant stuff Paul. Know this idea's been knocking about for ages, so will be good to see it get off the ground. Out of interest, have you done any trials to see how accurately the players are recreated in the game? Does it play about with ther stats much?

Guess you can use the 'current' softies/monkeys teams at whichever point you're ready to get going. We've completed it on both sides, so they're really ready to go just whenever you are, could be now, could be in a few weeks.

Regarding avoinding players moving about - there's an option to prevent it in the first transfer window, after that you'd just need to worry about January.

Since I'd already created all of the playing staff for the FM08 Monkeys a few weeks ago I run a little test season with them in the Premier League. I didn't look too much at stats but they seemed to do alright, they either won or were at least in the Top 4 iirc. I'll probably save this season's Monkeys until last then, hopefully by then it will be 'finished'.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little 'update'. I've completed the creation of the first team, the FM08 Monkeys. I haven't put in the future transfers yet, however I will run a test or two and if players tend to leave the club then I will put the future transfers in. All coaching staff were added, as was the Chairman, however I have not included any directors. I've included physio's, however I have not included any scouts, seemed a bit pointless seeing as we're planning on them signing as few players as possible.

Club used: Chippenham Town

Small club to Big Club challenge taken part in: dafuge's

FM08 or FM09: FM09

A summary of why you think your side should be allowed to enter: Even though the savegame is only in the year 2020, the team is fantastic and he the potential to win everything for the next couple of years. I also managed to win everything with Chippenham in FM08.

Link to the latest 'summary table' you posted in the said thread*: Link

Just checking, will the data that you are collecting from us remain confidential?

I'd hate to have any of my CA/PAs or any other hidden information to be made available as I'm still playing my game. I'd also be against the database being made available for download for the same reason.

I feel the same way as I'm still playing the game.

All makes sense so far Paul. Looking at El sid's team - what if another user has a team including the same non-regens? Should this just be a regen only thread...:p

I realised that this could be a problem in some of the, lets say, 'easier challenges' ;). So I have decided to create the 'non regens' just as I would if they were regens. I have also added MikaelS to the list.

I'll submit my FC United team to this (before any other FC United users do :))

• Club used: FC United
  • Small club to Big Club challenge taken part in: Dafuge's
  • FM08 or FM09: FM09
  • A summary of why you think your side should be allowed to enter: To see how well my team does againt other peoples, considering my game seems to have lower quality players than a few others in dafuge's challenge, and also because I don't have time to continue on with the save myself at the moment.
  • Link to the latest 'summary table' you posted in the said thread*: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3677238#post3677238

Monkeys FM08 Test Result

I disabled the first window budgets which stopped any players joining the club, the only player to leave was a young backup player who went on loan to Norwich. Only 3 players were signed in January and they were: Pablo Aimar, Riccardo Montolivo and Antoin Kinsky. The first two seemed to have an impact on the first team playing a decent amount of games, while the latter was merely signed as backup as Paul Wallace sold the 3rd choice GK to Chelsea for 1M. In the League it was victory for the Monkeys as they won the League as they ended up 1 point ahead of Manchester United. The Monkeys reached the Champions League final yet were beaten by Barcelona in it.

That leads me onto my next point. European football is obviously something that will effect things, so what I have planned to do is to have the Monkeys/Softies sides in Europe, as imo they're less important than all the other teams. What I have planned to do is make England's coefficient so it has 1 CL place and 3 EC places, which is the lowest it can go, so all the Monkeys/Softies sides will be in Europe and none of the others will be.

Have you PMed anybody earmarked for taking part? Perhaps a reserved spot for Knockbreda should be held (though I'm sure Smylie would rip this league apart as well ;))

I tried to PM Nep and deamonic earlier but whenever I clicked 'send' firefox seemed to not like it, and wouldn't refresh the page. I looked in my 'sent' items and it doesn't seem to have sent anything, so if somebody doesn't mind PM'ing say: Nep, daemonic, Ohanzee and PRDH then that would be greatly appreciated.

Earlier DodgeeD sent me his save game file which was compressed, and for some reason I couldn't load it on my FM09 to make it uncompressed so I could view it on GenieScout. Is everyone okay with sending/uploading an uncompressed file for me? Normally when I download the Monkeys save files I can load them up straight away on FM09, however when I tried to do this with Dodgeed's it didn't find it in the 'load game' bit. But yeah, I have started on the FM08 Softies, so once that is done if you guys could start emailing me save games that would be good.

Whats up lads. Thanks for the PM on this, Paul. Haven't visited this forum in 4 weeks since my laptop is broken.

I'd love to take part, but due to the fact I wont have my laptop back for [a maximum] of 2 weeks, I don't know if I'll be able to supply the save game file in time. :(

If you are prepared to wait that long [it could be tomorrow, it could be the full 2 weeks] - then I would be grateful, but appreciate that you'll want to get this underway asap. Let me know what you think :D

fwiw I will be using the FM09 Softies/Monkeys from the 2031/32 season, which seems to be the last season we will play as the teams we are at the moment. I've PM'ed Ohanzee and PRDH, but apart from that anyone else that has completed Gundo's/Dafuge's challenge are welcome to compete unless your team has already been registered by someone else.

you don't have to send it straight away, however if possible I would like it uncompressed, because then I don't need to actually go into your save game and can just load it from Genie Scout straight away. My Email address is in my profile, if you want to upload it somewhere and send me the link, that's what DodgeeD did anyway.

unfortunately daemonic has overwritten his save game, so there will only be 1 South American side in this competition unless there is a completion fairly soon.

I am probably the closest to it, and although it is tempting to go back to that save for this I don't think I'll be able to complete it in time as I am currently struggling in Serie A :( There is always next year though ;)

I am probably the closest to it, and although it is tempting to go back to that save for this I don't think I'll be able to complete it in time as I am currently struggling in Serie A :( There is always next year though ;)

That leaves you free to cheer on the might Estudiantes Santander as they strive to add yet another trophy to the cabinet. ;)

That leaves you free to cheer on the might Estudiantes Santander as they strive to add yet another trophy to the cabinet. ;)

The Latin American sides were always going to get my support, don't worry about that. But I suppose that if I can focus my whole support on Estudiantes, it should make a hell of a difference ;)

The test with the two FM08 Wallace v Roberts has been completed, and was interesting to say the least. It's worth noting that the Softies side is the one from the season before dafuge's Champions League winning season, however the team still one the Premier League before the Softies 'God' took over. Both sides were in and around the top 4 in the run up to Christmas, however in January the Softies were left crippled as two of their star players transferred to Real Madrid and Chelsea respectively. The Softies tried to replace them by bringing in replacements using the 50M they'd received for the two players, but it was to no avail and the Softies never challenged again, finishing 7th. The Monkeys however only lost one player, David Bell their second choice keeper who for the second test in a row left for Chelsea. They replaced him by bringing in Tony Sylva, who was to be their only signing. The Monkeys ended up comfortably in the top 4, which must have been a pain for Danny Roberts and the Softies to see, especially since he was on the verge of being sacked at the end of the season.

I'm now going to start on the FM09 versions of the sides, I also have DodgeeD and michaelmurrayuk's teams to keep me busy when I finish them.

Paul, I know you said you won't be posting the database, or at least I believe you said that, but if we wanted could we maybe get the database PM'd to us if we asked you, as it would be interesting to play on this type of superleague database.

Paul, I know you said you won't be posting the database, or at least I believe you said that, but if we wanted could we maybe get the database PM'd to us if we asked you, as it would be interesting to play on this type of superleague database.

I don't think so sorry. I'd only let anyone have a copy if everyone that has given me their save game agreed to let me, wouldn't be fair otherwise. I have said I will upload the database/save game including the 4 Wallace v Roberts teams though, not the same admittedly, but better than nothing I suppose.

This sounds fun.

Club used: Domegliara

Small club to Big Club challenge taken part in: JoseRR's

FM08 or FM09: FM09

A summary of why you think your side should be allowed to enter: I think Domegliara deserve to be included in the league as only the second side to complete this in Italy, behind the mighty Savona. Also I'd love to see how the home-grown talents of Diego Pastore and Gianfranco Dalla Bona compete in this all-star league.

Link to the latest 'summary table' you posted in the said thread*: This is the latest update I think, and also the one where I completed the challenge

The greatest shame of this is that it comes too late for the great Marco Novello. Who now sits in the reserves rather than at the top of the world as he did a couple of years ago.

Club used: Wealdstone

Small club to Big Club challenge taken part in: Dafuges

FM08 or FM09: 09

A summary of why you think your side should be allowed to enter: Although im not playing with Wealdstone anymore as i already have completed the Challenge i have taken over Osset Town and are now in the Premier League within the same safe. But i do have a save where im still manager of Wealdstone and i would like to be part and follow Wealdstone in this league, Its a great idea and i think i have the strongest squad ;)

Link to the latest 'summary table' you posted in the said thread*:

Last one with my whole career: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3784524#post3784524

Last one in Wealdstone seat: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2550885#post2550885

okay. I'm not sure if everyone has sent me a link or their file yet, so I might have to make a mental note to do that some time soon. There are still 5 places left if anyone else is interested.

i haven't yet. I'm close to finishing the season and would like to upload that instead of something in the middle of a season.

okay. I'm not sure if everyone has sent me a link or their file yet, so I might have to make a mental note to do that some time soon. There are still 5 places left if anyone else is interested.

I haven't yet either, when would you like them by?

I think I'll only have time to finish a few more seasons on my game so I might try and finish the current one before sending it to you.

Archived