The FM08/FM09 Ultimate CSE League - Enter your Small Club to Big Club Team Now!

The 2009 Southern Softies - The History

Braintree Town were founded in 1898, and taken over by the legendary striker Danny Roberts in 2008 as part of the 'Wallace v Roberts' challenge and have never looked back since then. 23 years later, they sit Champions of England, Europe and the World. Having started off in the Blue Square South, they have slowly progressed up the leagues with no major blips - except the relegation from the Premier League in their second season - and have most recently conquered what Roberts claims to be 'a sextuple' across England and Europe.

The 2009 Southern Softies - Predictions

Hmmm, seeing as I'm unsure of the competitions, I can safely say the only team we'll beat is both the Monkeys teams, because we are the better team in this rivalry. In all honesty, I'd said we are potential winners with the squad we've got however personally, I'd be happy with 2nd or 3rd.

The 2009 Southern Softies - Our Team

If we lined up with a 4-4-2, we'd do very well. In goal, we'd have our star goalkeeper, Grant Wilson. In front of him, the defence would be excellent as we are defensively solid. Francesco Fumagalli and Tom Ford would pair up as the towering centre backs, whilst Todd Henderson would stop opponents on the right and Jakob Stadsgraad would do the same job on the left. Our midfield is a very attacking one, with vice-captain and long time servant of the club Aleksandar Terziev on the right, with our Argentinian left winger Oscar Funes providing the skills of the left. Lee Dennis, Alex Wright and captain Brian Alexander would be the lads battling for a place in the centre in what is a very attacking midfield. Up front, Bryan Munro and Steve Ford are our partnership up-front, with Ferreira battling for a spot also.

The Southern Softies 2009 - Key Players

Steve Ford has been excellent upfront in recent years alongside Bryan Munro, and if the team is down, then look no further than Brian Alexander for influence. Our centre defence pairing of Tom Ford - a towering DC whose strengths are heading, anywhere, anytime - and Francesco Fumagalli, who was our top scorer from set pieces last season.

Overall, we have an excellent team and should be challenging hopefully!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 2009 Southern Softies - The History

Braintree Town were founded in 1898, and taken over by the legendary striker Danny Roberts in 2008 as part of the 'Wallace v Roberts' challenge and have never looked back since then. 23 years later, they sit Champions of England, Europe and the World. Having started off in the Blue Square South, they have slowly progressed up the leagues with no major blips - except the relegation from the Premier League in their second season - and have most recently conquered what Roberts claims to be 'a sextuple' across England and Europe.

The 2009 Southern Softies - Predictions

Hmmm, seeing as I'm unsure of the competitions, I can safely say the only team we'll beat is both the Monkeys teams, because we are the better team in this rivalry. In all honesty, I'd said we are potential winners with the squad we've got however personally, I'd be happy with 2nd or 3rd.

The 2009 Southern Softies - Our Team

If we lined up with a 4-4-2, we'd do very well. In goal, we'd have our star goalkeeper, Grant Wilson. In front of him, the defence would be excellent as we are defensively solid. Francesco Fumagalli and Tom Ford would pair up as the towering centre backs, whilst Todd Henderson would stop opponents on the right and Jakob Stadsgraad would do the same job on the left. Our midfield is a very attacking one, with vice-captain and long time servant of the club Aleksandar Terziev on the right, with our Argentinian left winger Oscar Funes providing the skills of the left. Lee Dennis, Alex Wright and captain Brian Alexander would be the lads battling for a place in the centre in what is a very attacking midfield. Up front, Bryan Munro and Steve Ford are our partnership up-front, with Ferreira battling for a spot also.

The Southern Softies 2009 - Key Players

Steve Ford has been excellent upfront in recent years alongside Bryan Munro, and if the team is down, then look no further than Brian Alexander for influence. Our centre defence pairing of Tom Ford - a towering DC whose strengths are heading, anywhere, anytime - and Francesco Fumagalli, who was our top scorer from set pieces last season.

Overall, we have an excellent team and should be challenging hopefully!

A great review CV :thup: Munro and Alexander (my signings :D) have the ability to rip any defence in this league to shreds :D 'Mon the 09 Softies :thup:

I'm having second thoughts about whether I want the Domes to do well. I mean if they fail ultimately in this doesn't it just show the true extent of my managerial genius? :)

I'm almost expecting my Dartford team to play better than they have for me recently.

The legend that is Danny Roberts had a much better scoring record for England under the AI than he ever had for me.

Club used: Adelaide United

Small club to Big Club challenge taken part in: rancer890's (Asian)

FM08 or FM09: FM09

A summary of why you think your side should be allowed to enter: Considering there are currently no other Australians teams I believe we should be included. Adelaide have dominated Australian football since I have taken over including winning the treble for the past 3 seasons. They have also won the Asian Champions League the last 2 years and finished 3rd and 4th in the CWC.

Link to the latest 'summary table' you posted in the said thread*:http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3954176&postcount=1643

I'm almost expecting my Dartford team to play better than they have for me recently.

The legend that is Danny Roberts had a much better scoring record for England under the AI than he ever had for me.

Going by my Savona experiment, I fully expect the AI to do better than I did with them. So that'll be 1st place then :)

There certainly is :thup:

Two more spots up for grabs for anyone interested fwiw...

1. FM08 Softies - Softies team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Fisher Athletic)
  2. FM08 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Solihull Moors)
  3. FM09 Softies - Softies team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Braintree Town)
  4. FM09 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Blyth Spartans)
  5. Estudiantes Santander - DodgeeD
  6. Savona - iacovone
  7. Dartford - dafuge
  8. Guangdong Rizhiquan - TaylorB
  9. Barito Putra Banjarmasin - JSalter
  10. FC Sachsen Leipzig - el sid
  11. Chippenham Town - MikaelS
  12. FC United - michaelmurrayuk
  13. Knockbreda - NepentheZ
  14. Domegliara - PRDH
  15. Wealdstone - kaNovi
  16. Gloucester City - Marky Mark!
  17. Adelaide United - Ethan13
  18. Yalovaspor - DodgeeD

Club used: Real Oviedo

Small club to Big Club challenge taken part in: JoseRR's Big Euro Nation Challenge

FM08 or FM09: FM09

A summary of why you think your side should be allowed to enter: i have long been a champion of the challenge, and so it meant a lot when i finally completed it. I have, by and large, tried to achieve my success on youth, and the core of the squad have been at the club a long time. Munoz is like my own Steven Gerrard, and as for Michael Dixon, he must be bargain of the century for £60k. Plus people seem to want me to enter. :o

Link to the latest 'summary table' you posted in the said thread*: not exactly a summary table, as i've never done one, but this is my last season review where i completed the challenge.......http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3989547&postcount=5811

1. FM08 Softies - Softies team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Fisher Athletic)
  2. FM08 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM08 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Solihull Moors)
  3. FM09 Softies - Softies team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Braintree Town)
  4. FM09 Monkeys - Monkeys team from the FM09 Wallace v Roberts thread - (Blyth Spartans)
  5. Estudiantes Santander - DodgeeD
  6. Savona - iacovone
  7. Dartford - dafuge
  8. Guangdong Rizhiquan - TaylorB
  9. Barito Putra Banjarmasin - JSalter
  10. FC Sachsen Leipzig - el sid
  11. Chippenham Town - MikaelS
  12. FC United - michaelmurrayuk
  13. Knockbreda - NepentheZ
  14. Domegliara - PRDH
  15. Wealdstone - kaNovi
  16. Gloucester City - Marky Mark!
  17. Adelaide United - Ethan13
  18. Yalovaspor - DodgeeD
  19. Real Oviedo - rlipscombe

Just one more spot left!

Yeah, I can't see any point running it on FM10 since I have already inputted 8 teams data, would have been a bit of a waste of time. To be honest I don't think I would feel very comfortable running a sign up on FM10 until I've actually had significant playing time on it anyway, so running it on FM09 makes more sense, add the fact that the majority of the teams are FM09 teams anyway, and it makes perfect sense :cool:

Hi Paul and all,

Although I shall be away from the forums for a while, I'll keep popping in now and then to check on this. I'll try to get my previews in before the end of the month - just let me know if you want them in here or via PM. :thup:

hmm review? What did I miss?

I think the original criteria I had was:

• Small paragraph or so on the background of the team, how they were doing in their save game, e.g - Arshanal FC have been a key part of the Premier League for 10 years. During this time they have won 3 league titles, 4 F.A Cups and 0 Champions League's. Obviously a little bit more than that as that's just two sentences, but I hope you get the general idea
  • How you think they'll do, e.g - I think Arshanal FC have a good chance of challenging for the CSE Ultimate League crown. A little bit more than sentence perhaps, but there's no minimum really. A little bit of Bias predicting is of course more than welcome.
  • Squad summary/analysis - I'm not looking for essay's here, but at least a sentence or so on each position (GK, DF, MF & ATT) is the minimum.
  • Key Player/s - Again, I'm not looking for essays here but a paragraph or so on the key players at the club, who will be crucial to the team if they are to do well etc.
  • Additional Information - This wasn't in there originally, but if people want to they can use this space to put any additonal information if they want.

Wealdstone

History/Teaser

The Stones... 20 years to gather the best players in the world in one united team. Rising through all the way from the Blue Square South

all the way up to Premiership and Champions league glory the team is now just that.

The manager, a Club legend, has gathered a team the world have not seen alike.

Founded in the year 1899 its a club with great tradition. Their matches takes place at the small but pleasant "Wealdstone Stadium"

An intense athmosphere is what people say makes the team play even stronger at home.

The Team

Playing a strong 4-2-2-2 matches perfect with the Squad.

The Goalkeeper Shaun Wood has 71 caps for England and at age 31 hes is in his footy prime years! GK

The right back Huberis a frenchman with 31 caps. Maybee the weakest link in the squad at age 30DR

The left back Yoichiro TANAKA(for all you bloodsport fans :) ) does how ever posses great ability. Age 28DL

Centre back Rubio is the heart of the defence, at only 26 he has already played 41 caps for spain (STAR)DC

Centre back Smith never lets you down or make a mistake, age 32DC

The creative force on the midfield is Saunders! at age 22 he has some amazing abilitiesMC

Lumsden(29) or Hilgers(21) does the hard work on the midfield.MC

Swedish right winger Larrson is a tough and fast opponent to come up against and with age 27 he has some experience as wellAMR

The Left winger Solís is one of the greateast player ever known on this earth. at age 24 he has 44 caps for Argentina this guy you cant stop (STAR)AML

With his 198 cm and 25 goals in 31 caps for England, The pride of the Stones own youth academy, ADAM COOOOPER. Noone can hold him down. And hes only 23(STAR)ST

And with Roberto age 25 from Brazil this must be the most lethal duo ever seen ! (STAR)ST

Prediction; I'd say that we either end up winning, or we end up as nr 1.. hmmm

DOMEGLIARA or as the fans know them - 'Il Nuovi Rossoneri' or 'The Domes'

History

The Year - 2025/26. The place - Domegliara. After last season's Serie A victory, the Domegliara team win the Champions League with an impressive 5-2 victory over Valencia in the final. That is the situation that the team were in at the time of their entrance into the mythical and exclusive CSE Small to Big Club League.

For some greater insight. We started in C2/C and won it, we then were in the C1/C and won it. Serie B slowed us up, but we fought out, and into Serie A. We were relegated. But back in Serie B we strengthened and won that league. From that point on we didn't look back and a steady climb saw us eventually come out on top of Italy.

Matches take place at the high class 35K+ Domegliara Stadium, with excellent facilities there should not be many teams in the league who have a better base to train.

The team under my management play a 4-2-2-2 type 4-4-2 formation.

The Team

GK - To be honest our goalkeeper is a worry. It's currently Artur Pestana. He's been a great servant to the club, making over 450 appearances for the club, but this was his last season as first choice before in game I replaced him. He's aging and I hope he won't be found out.

Defence - Again, this could be a worry. I don't know how Paul is setting this up, but I have a number of defenders all set to leave the team if I remember correctly. And it depends when I sent the save as to what my defence will be. I can comment on my full-backs though.

On the right will be Guido, a Brazilian full-back, he will happily bomb up the wing all day, and can put in a top ball too, also a good set-piece taker.

The left is occupied by a club legend, and one who anyone from the JoseRR's thread will recognise. Gianfranco Dalla Bona is a player to come through the youth academy, and in the future at the end of the 28/29 season has made over 500 appearances. He is quick and also has a good cross on him. He should do well in this league.

I should also mention captain Frank Heß who is a fairly rock like Swiss at the heart of the defence. He can do a pretty good job.

Midfield - Possibly the strongest department of the squad. Cesare Peluso and Mehmet Celik are a formidable partnership in the centre of the park, both can pass and are creative. On the flanks the first choice players are Rus and Rinaldi they'll be a threat. But if anything happens to them we have some youngsters who are ready to take their places and who have the ability to tear defences apart.

Strikers - The true stars of the team can be found here. Lucero is the best striker in the world and at 23 he can only get better. He truly is the most talented member of the squad.

But, the fan's favourite of the team is Diego Pastore another product of the youth academy. In 28/29 he has made over 660 league appearances and scored over 300 goals. I don't know how much an AI manager will play him, but he has proved himself a great player.

Prediction?

I'd love to say that we will be challenging for the title, but depending on how the players are being picked, and at what stage I sent over the file then I am worried that my defence could be a little fragile. I'd say mid-table and pushing for Europe.

Dartford - 2034

History

This was actually a relatively low point in Dartford's history as they failed to live up to the high standards they had set themselves in recent years. It is a transitional period for the club as they have started to give more and more youth players a chance in the first team.

Here's what they have done:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Blue Square South        1st         BSS Champions, promoted
2010/11   Blue Square Premier      1st         BSP Champions, Setanta Shield and FA Trophy winners
2011/12   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League 1       5th         Lost in playoff final
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 1       3rd         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca-Cola Championship   14th
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   5th         Lost in playoff semi
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   8th
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   2nd         Promoted
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  15th
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup winners
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Europa League winners
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, World Club and CL winners
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, Carling Cup, World Club and CL winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, FA Cup, World Club and CL winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and CL winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL champions, World Club and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions and Club World Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League champions, Carling Cup, and CL winners

The club is well equipped with top facilities, £430m in the bank and the 65000 all seater 'Dafuge Stadium'.

The Team

GK - Georgi Chernev - a rarity in a former wonderkid regen goalie.

DR - Steve Larkin - an England regular and a veteran in his 12th season with Dartford.

DL - Nuno Real - a fairly recent signing, this is his third year.

DC - Benoit Martin - 13 years at the club has earned him the captaincy, he also captains France.

DC - Scott Spice - a world class centre back who's getting on a bit.

DM - Allan Arnold - the rock at the centre of the midfield.

MR - Ryan Caddis - he joined the club at 16 and now after 13 seasons he wants to leave for a new challenge. Classy winger who runs the show.

ML - Rayan Mondoloni - Another classy midfielder who was originally signed for AMC but finds himself on the wing for now.

AMC - Marco Emonts - a record signing at £75m, it was a lot of money but he filled a difficult position for us.

ST - Jerome Russell - our second striker who has been enjoying a good run of form recently with England.

ST - Oswaldo Even - the star of the team and the focal point of our attack. Should be interesting to see how he does as the French manager has wasted him by playing him out on the wing.

The club also has great backup behind this first team, with a number of potential wonderkids and a few more experienced players.

My Prediction

I fancy this team to do well as it has some great players who may well improve under new management. It is hard to predict how they will do against the other teams but I would expect a top half finish, perhaps 5th.

FC United of Manchester - 2039

History

It's been an eventful 30 years for FC United - we won the Blue Square North at the first attempt, then suffered playoff heartbreak in the BSP Final losing to a 124th minute goal. We recovered to storm the league, picking up the FA Trophy and Setanta Shield aswell.

Our Football League debut saw us finish second in League Two winning promotion to League One, but League One was too hard for us and we finished 24th dropping back down to League Two. We then spent the next three seasons in League Two, losing in the playoffs twice before winning the league with 99pts.

Our return to League One went a lot better as we finished third and won promotion through the playoffs thanks to an own goal from Crewe's Keeper in the Final.

We would then spend the next ten years stuck in the Championship - our first two seasons saw us just about avoid relagation finishing 21st twice, the next three years were seasons of mid-tableness, before we finished just outside the playoffs in 23/24, though the hopes of a promotion battle were dashed with three more seasons of mid-tableness, before in 27/28 we finally clicked and stormed the league claiming the title with 100 pts.

In our Premier League debut we finished 16th, before finishing 8th then 9th. Then in 31/32 we somehow finished 2nd qualfying us for Europe for the first time.

In the following season we could only finish 3rd in the league, however we were unbeatable in our first season in Europe, returning home with the Champions League Trophy having beaten Valencia 3-2 in the Final thanks to a 121st minute goal, the highlight of the campaign was smashing Real Madrid 5-1 in their own back yard.

In 2033/34 we went one better, clinching the Premiership title for the first time and also retaining the Champions League, in the following seasons we would retain the Premiership, before Portsmouth got a tycoon takeover and we could only finish second to them for two seasons.

We finally reclaimed the Title the season before last, whilst last season we retained it with a record breaking 99pts. We would also retain the Champions League Trophy two more times, as well as winning the League Cup and FA Cup twice in total.

We currently have a Worldwide Reputation, and moved into the 57,822 all-seater FC United Stadium in 2032.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2010/11        Blue Square Prem          5th
2011/12        Blue Square Prem          1st              Promoted - Champions + FA Trophy & Setanta Shield Winners
2012/13        League Two                2nd              Promoted
2013/14        League One                24th             Relagated
2014/15        League Two                6th              
2015/16        League Two                4th              
2016/17        League Two                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        League One                3rd              Promoted - Playoffs
2018/19        Championship              21st           
2019/20        Championship              21st
2020/21        Championship              14th
2021/22        Championship              13th
2022/23        Championship              13th
2023/24        Championship               7th
2024/25        Championship              10th
2025/26        Championship              12th
2026/27        Championship              15th
2027/28        Championship               1st              Promoted - Champions
2028/29        Premiership               16th
2029/30        Premiership                8th
2030/31        Premiership                9th
2031/32        Premiership                2nd
2032/33        Premiership                3rd            Champions League Winners
2033/34        Premiership                1st            Champions League Winners & World Club Winners
******       Challenge Complete         *****
2034/35        Premiership                1st            FA Cup Winners & World Club Winners
2035/36        Premiership                2nd            Champions League Winners
2036/37        Premiership                2nd            FA Cup & Carling Cup Winners & World Club Winners
2037/38        Premiership                1st            Champions League Winners
2038/39        Premiership                1st            Carling Cup Winners & World Club Winners

The Team

GK: John Montgomery - Has been my #1 for 10 years, has kept 20+ clean sheets for each of the last six seasons.

RB: Stefano Bosz - was a World-Class full back in his prime, is deadly from set-pieces.

DC: Silva - The Towering Brazilian Centre Back is deadly in the air with 116 goals from 410 games - my second highest goalscorer.

DC: Pavel Bures - has been Silva's partner for the best part of a decade.

LB: Alvaro Ros - a former Wonderkid, a solid defender.

RM: Rui Oliveira - Portuguese Cultured Winger who is a World-Class player when he's in the mood.

CM: Steve Hatton - Another Solid Wonderkid, deployed to protect the defence.

CM: Caetano - A creative Brazilian Midfielder, who's been Hatton's partner for the last 7 years.

LM: Neil Burgess - Best Left Winger in the game, and was my record signing at £29m until last season, I've also just noticed he was born in the town where I live, my illegitmate son?

AM: Scott Roberts - Is my Star player, was poached from Notts County for £65K as a 16yo and has been part of my first team since then, he has 108 goals from 334 games, he's rather injury prone though.

ST: Stephen Wigley - Cost me £5m as a 16yo from Port Vale, he was on fire the season before last claiming 27 goals in 37 games, didn't have the best of times last season though.

I also have Academy player Ashley Rutter as my second choice Right Winger.

Prediction

We have to be one of the favourites, though it will depend on how will the computer handles the 4-4-1-1 formation, whilst the age of my defence maybe a problem - Silva, Bures and Bosz are all the wrong side of 30, though £55m was spent bringing in a replacement for Silva, will he gell with a team that has spent the last decade playing together? Cover upfront for Wigley may also end up being a problem - Hoekstra and Woodhall have so far failed to impress.

Real Oviedo - Los Carbayones

History

it’s the Summer of 2020 in Oviedo, the coatal city in Northern Spain. The club are celebrating winning their first La Liga crown, with an unbeaten record in league competition, following on from their CL success the previous season.

Real Oviedo won promotion from the Segunda B at the first attepmt, Jorge “the King” Rodriguezs’ 48 goals in 44 matches a catalyst for promotion. We then spent a few seasons in the Segunda division before winning promotion to La Liga. European qualification was achieved the the first season, beofre we settled as a top-4 team. In 2015/16 we lost out on the title on goal difference to Barca, drawing our final day of the season. the following season we reached the CL final, agonisingly losing on penalties to Barca once more. We spent a couple of seasons of consolidation before winning the Cl in 2018/19 against Lyon. What followed the following season was a dream, going the entire season unbeaten in the league, wrapping up a domestic double with our first league & cup wins. And this is where we are at.

Our home games are played at the Nuevo Carlos Tartiere, a top-notch 35,000 seater stadium. Our training and youth facilities are state of the art too.

For our time in La Liga, we have stuck rigidly to a 4-4-2 formation with 2 holding DMs. We have pace out wide and like to play a direct game via the flanks.

The Team

GK - Our 1st choice GK is Igor Akinfeev, the experienced Russian No. 1. His addition 2 years ago made a huge difference to our defensive stability, and he is a key part of the team.

RB - Francisco / Alex Rabben - Francisco is the young pretender to the throne, Rabben the ‘veteran’ with over 200 appearances.

LB - Ion Ayechu / Danilo Acevedo. again, competition is fierce. Ayechu is a Spanish International, Acevedo a Colombian signed at the start of 2019/20. I had tracked him for a few years.

CB - Hugo - Brazilian international is a rock at the back. also weighs in with important goals from free-kicks.

CB - Asier Galindo - a great partner to Hugo, Galindo already has a number of Spanish caps. has a big future for club and country.

DM - Francisco Antonio Munoz - our own Steven Gerrard, Munoz is club captain and a rock in front of the defence. Signed on a free as a youngster, the world is at his feet.

DM - Joop Visser - Dutch international who has been at the club for a few seasons. Almost sold to Chelsea 18 months previously, Joop is arguably the first name on the team sheet.

RM - Nico Peltonen - Finnish winger was my biggest transfer when signed for £12 million from Palermo, he is a great winger. always weighs in with important goals and assists. Diego Sanchez provides great cover.

LM - Alberto Garcia Ardura / Mario Garcia Fernandez - nothing can split them really. Ardura is slightly more experienced and a regular international. Don’t really get on with each other, which makes for healthy competition.

ST - Michael Dixon - Irish international signed for £60,000, he has been a real bargain. a goal in every 2 games is a fantastic return and every club in the world would love to have him. also scored almost a goal a game for Ireland.

ST - Sergio Aguero - Club record signing at £38.5 million, He brought great experience and form to us. it’s no coincidence in his 2 years at the club we have won the CL, League and League Cup. Ably backing them up are Jose Maria Gorroxategi, the all-time leading scorer, and Mauro Villafane, Aguero’s international team mate.

Prediction

I don’t really know what to say we’ll do. We could win it with a bit of luck, but the other squads are strong too. I think we could nick a top-3 spot, but we could easily finish mid-table. But hey, let's make a bold statement - WE WILL WIN!! :D

Estudiantes Santander (Club Altamira F.C.) – The Mexican Maestros

History:

I took over this team with two names at the start of the 2009-10 season after they came up to the Mexican 1st Division A. Somewhow, we managed to stun the rest of the league that year by beating 26 other teams to the sole promotion spot and taking residence in Mexico's top flight. And there we stayed as we set about become the most successful team in the Americas. The complicated system of opening/closing stages and play-offs saw us reach the latter stages of the championship race some seasons and not qualify for continental competition and struggle other seasons but end up qualifying for something... In such uncertain circumstances, the best thing to do was build a squad that could win just about every game, and that’s pretty much what happened. By 2021, we had won 8 out of the last 10 domestic titles and 6 continental trophies in 2 seasons, including back-to-back Copa Libertadores wins and a seismic 4-0 win over Barcelona in the Club World Championship final.

As the 2020-21 season ended, we were still playing at the rundown Estadio Olimpico da Altamira with a measly 12,000 capacity but we were due to move to the 21,000 all-seater brand-spanking new Estudiantes Santander Stadium (which Paul has hopefully added to the game. ;))

The Team:

We play a 4-4-2 with our wingers working hard to supply lots of goals from wide positions. We lack a prolific scorer but that is made up for by our goal-scorers from other positions. Our defence is very tight, with Juan Manuel Lomeli the undoubted star of the side, but we’ll have to wait and see how they fare against the top sides from the rest of the forum.

Likely 1st XI...

GK: Francisco Guilermo Ochoa – The FM legend is now 36 but still going strong. 141 caps for Mexico and a bucketful of domestic and continental medals, you couldn’t ask for a better keeper.

DR: Marco – only 22 years old but a regular in the side since his arrival 4 seasons ago and now 1st choice right back for Brazil.

DC: Daniel Garza – Club captain and a veteran of 8 seasons at the club. Mr Dependable at the back.

DC: Juan Manuel Lomelli – another young but established memeber of the squad, this player has really grown with the club since his ₤190k arrival from Pumas. Now described as a world-class centre back, he will be a key player this season.

DL: Junior – After a slow start to his career in Mexico, this youngster finally dislodged Hector Pardo from his long held first team spot last season.

MR: Francisco Javier Blanco – the Mexican international signed two years ago as a free agent, turning down Chelsea in favour of us and instantly becoming one of my favourite players just for that! Broke a club record with 31 assists last season.

MC: Roberto Santibañeza real hard-worker in the centre of the park. Watch out for any cleared corners that land at his feet as he has a habit of knocking in screamers from distance.

MC: Jorge Ramirez – our creative force in the middle with a great first touch and an eye for killer passes.

ML: Victor Riveros – arrived 8 years ago on a free after being released by his club in Paraguay. Luckily for him, my scouts & I recognised his talent and snapped him up. He can create and score with equal skill as shown by 20 goals and 17 assists last season.

ST: Elvio Rontondo – very much in the talented but tempremental Argentinian mould. Only scored more than 20 goals in a season once in 6 years at the club but was key in our first Copa Libertadores win 2 seasons ago, scoring winning goals in 6 of our 8 knockout games.

ST: Miguel De Los Santosa new arrival having only spent 6 months at the club but touted as a star of the future. If his performances in the season I played in my save after this point is reproduced, he’ll be unstoppable!

You’re also likely to see...

Victor Albarran – only 18 but one of the top young talents in Mexican and world football. Should play on the right when Blanco is out or rested.

Jadson – managed 11 goals and 30 assists last season and that was as second choice on the left behind Victor Riveros! :eek:

Due to the number of games we generally had to play each year, there is alot of depth in the squad so there may be more names appearing on rotation, perhaps including a Serbian striker who strayed a long way from home!

Prediction:

I really have no idea! This is going to be a great test of how the best Central and South America has to offer will match up against top European sides. The team is quite young but experienced and one thing that may go to their advantage is the fact that they are used to getting through 80-90 games a season in several different competitions so a straight up league with no play-off championships and a mere two cups should be a walk in the park for them!

Yalovaspor S.K. – A Taste of Turkish Delight

History:

We had a slow start as it took 5 seasons to get out of the Turkish 2nd Division and its various group stages. Our persistence was paid off though as we spent just one season in the 1st Division before getting promoted to the Super League. 3 seasons later (2017/18) we were champions of Turkey, finally breaking the monopoly of the Istanbul-based ‘Big Three’. We would then dominate domestically, winning 7 of the next 8 league titles, 3 Turkish Cups and 6 Super Cups. Success in the Champions League was harder to find as, apart from a run to the quarter finals in 2022, we were always eliminated in either the group stages or the first knockout round. That all changed in 2024/25 though as we made the final and overcame Bayern Munich 2-0! Although I never finished the 2025/26 season, I did play far enough to add the European Super Cup and Club World Championship (where we beat Chivas 10-0 in the final!) to the trophy cabinet and it is at that point where the team joins the Ultimate CSE League.

Yalovaspor play at the Yalovaspor Stadium, built in 2022 and recently expanded to a capacity of 26,848. We have training and youth facilities amongst the best in the world. :thup:

The Team

Much like their Mexican counterparts, Yalovaspor play a 4-4-2 with a tight defence (lack of cover for the goalie is a worry though) and marauding wingers. This team have two things Estudiantes Santander lack though: a proven goalscorer in the shape of ex-wonderkid Yasar Dede and some homegrown talent.

Likely 1st XI...

GK: Nezir Keskin – A faithful servent having bided his time as a bench warmer before stepping between the posts after his predecessor left for a ‘bigger club’. Not a superstar but does the job well enough.

DR: Igor Barrena – at 17, this Spaniard showed enough promise to convince me he was worth ₤4.1 million. 6 years on, that looks like a bargain.

DC: Muharrem Sam – also been at the club since he was 17. Now 25 and a key member of the squad. How he has never been capped for Turkey, I just don’t know.

DC: Irfan Depe – incurred the wrath of Fenerbahce fans by jumping ship to join us last season. Immediately became a key player and, at just 23, his future’s bright.

DL: Karim Ravensbergen – another one who came here young and developed into a top class player. The Dutch international is one of the most sought after full-backs in Europe but luckily for me, he’s remained loyal.

MR: Ugur Inanc (Prodigy 8) – a product of our youth system (those of you who follow Neppo’s Youth Player Project may recognise his name). Now team captain and reaching his peak, he’ll be a key player for us.

MC: Thomas Ringlera former wonderkid and capped 21 times for Austria at just 21 years of age. Great as either the playmaker or holding midfielder.

MC: Cengiz Pamukcu – just a year older then Ringler and just as good, they should form a formidable central partnership.

ML: Hasan Kayhan – one of the oldest players at 28 and our first ever player to be capped by Turkey. Expect him to create a lot of goals.

ST: Aykut Seckin – a veteran of 10 seasons at the club. After a few seasons on squad rotation, he has forced his way back into the team with some great form. Plays best as a supporting striker.

ST: Yasar Dedeanother former wonderkid and now classed as a world-class striker. Last season, he really lived up to his potential with 47 goals in 45 games and a host of awards. Also managed a perfect 10.0 when he put 5 past Chivas in the CWC final. He’ll be key to any success the team is likely to have.

You’re also likely to see...

Mauro Ledesma – recently lost his place in defence to Irfan Depe but a veteran of 2 world cups, the Argentine is likely to feature at some point.

Mihai Barsan – Amazingly, this winger was released by his club at 18 without ever playing a game so we nabbed him for free. Within a couple of months, he’d been capped by Romania and was linked with clubs across Europe. Should challenge Ugur Inanc for a spot on the right wing, especially with no limits on non-Turkish players.

Lucas Nieto – another experienced Argentinian, the AI may well pick him ahead of Pamukcu in midfield.

Look out for another Prodigy or two from our youth system as well, including a 17 year-old striker who, if the AI has as much faith in him as I did, will score a few.

Prediction

I hope rather than think these boys from a small city on the edge of the Sea of Marmara can match the best of dafuge’s challenge and the Big Euro Challenge (sorry rancer, tried to work in a mention for your challenge but couldn’t ;)). If the defence plays well and Ringler and Yasar Dede are on form, we should give a few teams a run for their money though! On a personal note, I’ll be watching with great interest for the Estudiantes Santander-Yalovaspor fixtures for two reasons:

1. I'm curious as to who will come out on top when the irresisitible striking force of Yasar Dede goes against the immovable defensive object that is Juan Manuel Lomelli

2. They will be a showcase for the ‘DodgeeD Inter-Continental Challenge Winner's Challenge Cup’ (to be held boxing style by the last winner of a head-to-head tie between the two teams, league or cup). I fully expect Paul to be giving extended coverage to these matches! :p

A timely reminder of why I have to quit the forum while I do my Masters - what was supposed to be a quick write-up turned into a two hour typing/screenshot session! :o

I'll be around to follow this to its conclsion though. Any sign of that 20th team yet? (I think I still have my Blsany save from gundo's FM08 challenge if you need it :p). Whereabouts are you in the mammoth editing task now Paul?

A timely reminder of why I have to quit the forum while I do my Masters - what was supposed to be a quick write-up turned into a two hour typing/screenshot session! :o

I'll be around to follow this to its conclsion though. Any sign of that 20th team yet? (I think I still have my Blsany save from gundo's FM08 challenge if you need it :p). Whereabouts are you in the mammoth editing task now Paul?

1. I think that rancer290 is the leader of the 'race', I don't know how long he is from completion though

2. just started team number 10 tonight ;)

1. Its Rancer vs Me I believe haha, though I need two seasons to complete as I missed Champs League Qualification last season after a disastrous end to the season. Oh well.

I think Rancer will probably beat me home.

Err...maybe not. :D

Beverly (Malaysia) - in top 3, but I have no chance in the ACL. The team is still a bit inconsistent.

Real Oviedo (Spain) - Real running away with the title again...and I don't think you want another Real Oviedo entry.

And its rancer890 Paul!!! :D

Has anyone done the Monkeys ones? Could have a stab at the 09 one if there's no rush and assuming I can find the save file somewhere.

I'll probably do the 08 one as I was the last one and still have the save game/screenies, however I nobody has done the 09 one yet and I don't think anyone has volunteered.

And its rancer890 Paul!!! :D
Why do I always think it's 290?!?!

Archived