The FM08/FM09 Ultimate CSE League - Enter your Small Club to Big Club Team Now!

Adelaide United

History

Adelaide United were yet to win the A-League before I took over. In my first season we won the final series and things only went up from then. The next season we won both the regular season and the finals series before only finishing runner up the next year. This was the motivation we needed as we then went on to win the Australia treble for the next 5 years straight. This included 2 Asian Champions Leagues. We eventually won our third Asian Champions League and the World Club Cup. Just days after the World Club Cup win we join the CSE League.

Domestic History:

Season    League    Finish    Final Series    Pre Season Cup  
----------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   A-League  2nd       Winners         4th in Group A  
2010/11   A-League  1st       Winners         4th in Group A
2011/12   A-League  3rd       Runner's Up     2nd in Group A
2012/13   A-League  1st       Winners         Winners
2013/14   A-League  1st       Winners         Winners
2014/15   A-League  1st       Winners         Winners
2015/16   A-League  1st       Winners         Winners
2016/17   A-League  1st       Winners         Winners
2017/18   A-League  1st       Winners         2nd in Group B

Continental History:

Season    Champions League              CWC          Pan-Pacific  
 2011/12   Lost in First Knockout Round  N/A          Lost in Third Place Playoff
 2012/13   Lost in First Knockout Round  N/A          Winners
 2013/14   Winners                       3rd          4th
 2014/15   Winners                       4th          3rd
 2015/16   Lost in First Knockout Round  N/A          Winners
 2016/17   Lost in Semi Final            4th          Winners
 2017/18   Winners                       Winners      Winners

The Team

Goalkeeper- In goals is Allan McGregor, a Scottish international. Has only played one season at the club but has been a brilliant signing as he joined on a free.

Defence- Tony Hampson is the star defender after joining from Liverpool on a free. He is the best player in the entire team. Lee Dong-Wook is his partner who has been troubled by injury but is defiantly up to the job when fit. Mark Madaschi is at right back who is one of the brightest Adelaide and Australian prospects ever in my game. Jimmy Downey is at left back and while he has been solid is one of the weaker players in the starting 11.

Midfield- The midfield is all Australians and New Zealanders. Another one of the brightest young Australian players is Enzo Rodriguez who plays on the right. He has been brilliant in the 3 years he has spent at the club. On the left wing is Costa Barbarouses who has been at the club for 7 years. He has split his playing time between left midfield and as a striker. The center of the midfield is John McDermott and Cory Skilton. Both were signed at a similar time and spent one year each in the youth team before joining the first team. McDermott has been good but Skilton has been one of the best players to ever play at the club.

Strikers- The strike force consists of Kofi Danning and George Kovacevic. Danning joined the club but left after 3 years as he couldn't get a regular starting position. Was resigned as has since been very consistent. Kovacevic is probably the second best player at the club. He has a great scoring record and should go well in the league.

My Prediction

The club is the strongest it has ever been but they will struggle against a lot of the teams. I hope they can get a few wins but I can only see them finishing between 17th and 20th.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

History:

I took over Guangdong Rizhiquan in an attempt to replicate and hopefully better rancer's FM08 save. In all honesty after the first two seasons I wasn't expecting a lot with two seasons some how avoiding relegation. What went on in the next 20 years seriously surprised me - albeit aided by the bug for big teams to realise decent youth - I snapped some up and soon started pushing up the table. Dong Tao who arrived after my second season from my academy went on to be inducted into the Youth Player HoF and was vital to our team. We never really dominated the league - due to european clubs consistently stealing players. Yet we were always title challengers and could defeat anyone on our day. As shown in the Club World Cup wins.

The Team:

We play a 4-3-1-2 formation with our midfielders being crucial to this. They always set up many a goal and score their fair share too. We're currently going through a transition period - with all players being too old and being replaced by players too young. With that in mind I'm not too sure on the team that will start. So here are some key players;

Jin Tao - A young Chinese striker who is in only his second season at the club, exceptional poaching ability off the bench and if we score a goal in the league - he might get it!

Li Ming - Vital in the attacking midfield position - an eye for a pass and for goal. Again, if we score a goal he might be the one to create it!

Li Yang - Yet another striker - getting slightly old now - but can still score when needed too. He could score a goal too!

Sergiu Bara - Another striker, my first foreign signing. He's been unsettled since he's been here but he still puts in consistent performances. Our biggest goalscoring threat.

Sun Junzhe - This will be his first season for the club - but I think he can be a rock in the middle of our defence - granted we have no other half decent defenders - but I think he'll do okay.

Paul Estupinan - The last of my strikers - has come back from a loan spell and will be looking to prove his worth to the side. Will start alongside Bara and hopefully get in a few scoring positions and maybe put one away.

As you can see my defence isn't my strong point :D - I feel as though I could score a few goals but I couldn't concede less than five a game.

Prediction:

Derby. But worse. We really don't have the quality and then we have no decent backup at all. If we can scrape a few wins against the weaker teams - I fancy my chances against Estudiantes Santander, Barito Putra Banjarmasin and Domegliara. We'd do well to not finish bottom and as you can tell by my optimism - that is my aim.

Sorry for the short analysis - it's been about six months since I played with this team and I've nearly forgot my tactic, players and everything about the game :(

What will happen with regards to tactics and managers?

Will the tactics we used be used in this game or are our clubs going to be managed independently by a new manager?

The reason I ask is I know my team is strong but my tactics are pretty average, I'd hate to lose to someone who has downloaded a tactic (no idea if anyone has).

What will happen with regards to tactics and managers?

Will the tactics we used be used in this game or are our clubs going to be managed independently by a new manager?

The reason I ask is I know my team is strong but my tactics are pretty average, I'd hate to lose to someone who has downloaded a tactic (no idea if anyone has).

I've created in-game managers based on what stats the human managers had. I did originally think of letting everyone upload their own tactic, but there is the risk of someone uploading a tactic, as well as the fact i don't plan to have human managers in-game. I have put 4-4-2 as the favored tactic for all clubs and managers so far. If anyone wants to change this then please post which tactic you want.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I could make a fairer/better system then I am happy to hear them and possibly change if the majority favour it.

I've created in-game managers based on what stats the human managers had. I did originally think of letting everyone upload their own tactic, but there is the risk of someone uploading a tactic, as well as the fact i don't plan to have human managers in-game. I have put 4-4-2 as the favored tactic for all clubs and managers so far. If anyone wants to change this then please post which tactic you want.

Perfect :thup:

Can I switch mine to 4-1-2-1-2, basically a 4-4-2 diamond with DM, ML, MR and AMC?

Perfect :thup:

Can I switch mine to 4-1-2-1-2, basically a 4-4-2 diamond with DM, ML, MR and AMC?

I haven't actually done yours yet, I've saved yours for last due to the Genie Scout problems. But I will make sure I put your tactic as 4-1-2-1-2, I'll put a notepad document in the folder I've got the teams in. Just to make sure, will it come up as '4-1-2-1-2' in the editor?

I haven't actually done yours yet, I've saved yours for last due to the Genie Scout problems. But I will make sure I put your tactic as 4-1-2-1-2, I'll put a notepad document in the folder I've got the teams in. Just to make sure, will it come up as '4-1-2-1-2' in the editor?

The formation I've tried to describe appeared as 4-1-2-1-2 as my preferred formation in my manager profile in that game, so I'm assuming that is it.

Prediction:

I fancy my chances against Estudiantes Santander, Barito Putra Banjarmasin and Domegliara.

In the same manner Harry Redknapp fancied Spurs' chances against Arsenal yesterday I suppose. ;)

4-4-2 is fine with me Paul for both sides.

If anyone has any suggestions about how I could make a fairer/better system then I am happy to hear them and possibly change if the majority favour it.

Can you change mine to 4-4-1-1, thanks.

FC Sachsen Leipzig

* Sachsen Leipzig was an obscure German club until unproven German Manager Hugo Siddy took control of their team. 2 back to back promotions saw their entry into the Bundesliga, where they have been since. They won their first league title in their 4th year in the league and retained it the next year. They also won the Champions League in 2015, and hence completing the JoseRR challenge.

* I think we're a strong enough team to finish in the top 10 of the league, and with luck also compete for a European spot with the other hall of fame CSE teams.

* Steve Mandanda is one of the best GK in the save, so that is one strong position for the team.

The defense is well served with the likes of N'Koulou, Cabral (club captain), Ashley Cole, Majd Younis and Andreas Ozturk, a superb regen.

Midfield has Fernandez, Vershinin, new signing Ramsey, Jochen Stachel, Diego Suarez etc. A very strong backbone for the team :thup:

Attack is clearly our strength featuring the likes of Laurito, Marquinhos, Fleck, all of whom can single handedly destroy a team on their day.

Looking forward to this Paul :thup:

this is turning into an absolute nightmare!

have now managed to save over a database, so now the only completed teams I have are the 4 WvR ones, and DodgeeD's. I've started work again on Savona, but with the daunting prospect of another 14 teams to edit, 5 of which I have already done, things are looking very depressing.

I basically created a back up save after I completed the 5th team because the editor crashed twice whilst I was doing DodgeeD's team. I then saved that date as a different file (with the previous one being the back up), and continued using that file, where I'd got up to the 11th team in the list I have somewhere. I had planned to save over the original back up every time I completed a team, but since the editor hadn't crashed I stupidly didn't bother.

I then loaded up the back up file thinking it was the other one (dodgy naming of files ftl :thdn:), started creating the 12th team and then saved over the other one. That left me with the WvR teams, DodgeeD's, the staff from your team (I created the back up just before creating your players) and half of michaelmurrayuk's FC United team.

I've come to a conclusion, after a lot of consideration. I am going to run this on FM2010. The new editor is not only a lot quicker when creating a big batch of players/staff, but I can also customize the league so we can have it exactly the way we want it, with how many teams we want. This will mean the inevitable hassle of having to use FMRTE every 5 minutes to stop transfers happening, will simply not be needed. I think that I will run it in around May/June, as by then there will be a few completions on FM10. I will probably stick a limit of around 14/15 teams, as I think 20 teams is a really big amount of teams which will never get done. I apologize for near enough 'abandoning' this project, and I will completely understand if you are angry/disappointed, but I really don't see myself getting this finished in the near future.

A shame but I guess this was a big undertaking for one person! As you say, the editor offers more flexibility in the current version and you could maybe even utilise the 'merge databases' function to share out the workload. Hopefully, I'll have a successful team to enter come next summer!

I've come to a conclusion, after a lot of consideration. I am going to run this on FM2010. The new editor is not only a lot quicker when creating a big batch of players/staff, but I can also customize the league so we can have it exactly the way we want it, with how many teams we want. This will mean the inevitable hassle of having to use FMRTE every 5 minutes to stop transfers happening, will simply not be needed. I think that I will run it in around May/June, as by then there will be a few completions on FM10. I will probably stick a limit of around 14/15 teams, as I think 20 teams is a really big amount of teams which will never get done. I apologize for near enough 'abandoning' this project, and I will completely understand if you are angry/disappointed, but I really don't see myself getting this finished in the near future.

Unlucky :(

Though one advantage FM2010 has is that you can set up transfer embargo's through an edt file that will stop the teams buying players.

Archived