[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

Cully does get to play with Dunlop though Nep ;)

By the way, Smylie must have made an absolute packet throughout his time at you!! Just imagine if he came along and bought out the club :D

Yeah, he was on £125,000 a week for at LEAST the last 10 years. So around £100,000,000 including bonuses over his whole career, isn't out of the question. :) Crazy money.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its over

On the league reset date, I checked Smylie, to see if I could offer him Staff Contract yet. And he had the "Plans to retire on 21.6.54" - :( - I asked him yo reconsider retirement, and I got the "Will come back to you with a decision in the next few days." Unfortunately, the next few days, wasn't soon enough, as his retirement date was before then. Alas, the great man has now retired, and there is NO staff profile for him. That is the end of the Legend.

Season Update, and Smylie Career update to follow shortly.

I know I am a bit late but I'm just catching up with this.

Absolutely gutted to see Smylie has retired. All we have now is the memories and about a million screenshots. :D

Really disappointed he didn't go on to become a staff member though. :( Did you try to encourage him Nep?

I could almost hear you welling up in that post. It's a very sad day indeed but Smylie will always be a legend on these forums. :thup:

Thanks lads. :thup:

This career has become such a massive part of me :) - I genuinely don't know when would be the right time to let go. Cully is looking to be a real prospect, however, and I think I'm going to give him a good few years, to see if he can hit 1,000 goals, before deciding on what to do next. I'd like to win the Champs League again, too. Things should start moving quicker now, too, as I'm no longer Dungiven Manager :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 47 [2054/2055]

To Begin...

I have waited. I have waited. I have waited. An then, I waited some more. So it came to a shock to me, to see that my former player, and coach Ally Magowan, to be named new N. Irish Manager. What really bugs me, is that Kerr wasn't sacked, and didn't resign. This just... "happened". So I don't know how long I'm going to have to wait, until I can become the N. Irish manager.....

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Runner-Up

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Winners

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

All Ireland Cup - Semi-Final

N. Irish Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

Manager of the Year - Craig "NepentheZ" Douglas

Fans Player of the Year - Chris Cully

N. Irish Player of the Year - Chris Cully

NIP Player of the Year - Chris Cully

NIP Top Scorer - Chris Cully, 26 Goals

The Player

Chris Cully - Such a talented young player. Already following heavily in the footsteps of Smylie, as premature as that may sound. He picked up a couple awards this season, and finished top goal scorer for the club. Smylie scored 85 goals in his first season, when the domestic scene was so much easier, so for Cully to bag 76 goals in his first campaign, only makes me think he's going to be a superstar.

Summary

A pretty decent season. I only won the league on the last day of the season, after Linfield went 27-2-1 to my 27-3-0. It was so close, and I was genuinely worried, as for me, after 22 games, I was 19-3-0, and linfield already had played 28 games, being 25-2-1. So I literally had to win every single game, otherwise the title would have changed hands for the first time in 42 years. Most of my team is unhappy, want to leave, want to win trophies :confused: - or want to move to a bigger club. I genuinely fear that in 3-5 seasons, I could just be an also ran of a club.

112 days :D

Didnt you have control of two clubs?

He did, but then he gave up Dungiven to concentrate on Knockbreda as he didn't have as much time as he used to have to play FM.

I expect he's needed that extra time that would have otherwise been spent at Dungiven to help Knockbreda stay on top in Northern Ireland. If he was still playing with Dungiven as well, i'd imagine that he'd have lost the league title by now.

112 days :D

Didnt you have control of two clubs?

Yeah I took control of Dungiven for 5 (maybe 6) years. It was at a time when I had a lot of spare time, and could manage to do so. But as hamilton said, I now don't have the time to play as much as before, and it's beginning to get tougher with Knockbreda (which I'm actually happy about).

It'll be hard to take the first time I don't win the league, as it was with the cups (I've now not won them all, at some stage, after a good 20 year period of winning everything). I desperately need to hold on to the league though, as because I've not been doing all that great in the Champions League, only 1st place in NIP gets to the Champs League, instead of 1st and 2nd, as it was for about 15 years.

Linfield are a very strong team, and often spend 3-5 million pounds on players from Prem / Championship in England. I have no idea what the financial state of the club is, but I'm guessing pretty good.

can you post a pic of the finance in NI? so we can see how your dominance and finance has impacted on other teams. As in gaining acces to Europe regular due to your success. Also from revenues and transfers. Some of the cash must have filtered down into NI clube over the years

Yeah I took control of Dungiven for 5 (maybe 6) years. It was at a time when I had a lot of spare time, and could manage to do so. But as hamilton said, I now don't have the time to play as much as before, and it's beginning to get tougher with Knockbreda (which I'm actually happy about).

It'll be hard to take the first time I don't win the league, as it was with the cups (I've now not won them all, at some stage, after a good 20 year period of winning everything). I desperately need to hold on to the league though, as because I've not been doing all that great in the Champions League, only 1st place in NIP gets to the Champs League, instead of 1st and 2nd, as it was for about 15 years.

Linfield are a very strong team, and often spend 3-5 million pounds on players from Prem / Championship in England. I have no idea what the financial state of the club is, but I'm guessing pretty good.

112 days?

Wow, that is quite an achievement, well done.

Yeah, it's pretty intense. It's a bit "false" - too, as probably half of that (infact, I'd guess almost exactly half of that) - is the game open, while my laptop is on, and I'm not playing it. It takes me roughly 24 hours to complete a season, along with Dungiven seasons, I've probably had about 50 days of actual playing time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, vii. :thup:

I'm currently playing this along side my FM10 save, so updates will be a bit slow. I was caught in 2 minds. Do I want to become an ever dominant force again with Knockbreda, and try to win the Champs League again, or do I want to take a Level 10 team in England to the Prem. Well, I want to do both :p - And so I'll try.

• 3 weeks later...

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 48 [2055/2056]

Team Sheet

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

Champions League - 3rd In Group B

EURO Cup - 1st Knockout Round

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Qtr Final

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

European Golden Boot - Chris Cully

Manager of the Year - Neppo Monster

NIP Top Scorer - Chris Cully, 56 Goals.

NIP Young Player of the Year - Bernard Carriere

The Player

Carriere - This guy was sensational this season. A new signing, highly recommended by my scouts, and he delivered. He has progressed nicely, and really looks like a top player. Hopefully I can keep him for his career.!

Chris Cully - Another sensational season from the teen. 17 years old, picked up 109 goals this season. Considering how hard the league is these days, that's nothing short of remarkable.

Summary

A very impressive season. Didn't win all the domestic trophies, (A damn penalty loss to Linfield :( ) - But I think the team is back in a dominant position. Goals are flowing again, and I only didn't beat Linfield once this season, in about 8 games. Just shows I'm back there. My young stars are a year older, a year better and hopefully a year closer to getting me another Champions League title. I'm looking to really expand my team every year, to give myself the best shot, and already have 3 or 4 player lined up for next season.

Guest roberto922

Because the two main legends retired, getting more players past 1,000 is just ridiculous :D

Glad this is still going :thup:

Always good to see updates as my Icelandic team is in a similar position. In the mid-2050's, facing increasing pressure domestically (most noticeably by a second team I took over, inspired by Dungiven) and hoping to restore past glories in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I haven't actually played this in a long time. Other things taking my time atm. Have just opened up FM08 now though. So will try to get through a season over the next couple of days.

Real life sucks, eh? :)

Look forward to an update, but no rush. KUTGW :)

• 2 weeks later...

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 49 [2056/2057]

Team Sheet

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

Champions League - 3rd In Group H

EURO Cup - Quarter Finals

All Ireland Cup - Finalists (Lost on Pens)

N. Irish Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

NIP Player Stats

NIP Team Stats

The Awards

European Golden Boot - Chris Cully

Manager of the Year - Neppo Monster

NIP Top Scorer - Chris Cully, 59 Goals.

NIP Young Player of the Year - Bernard Carriere

The Player

Carriere - Another sensational season from this guy. He picked up 71 assists, and generally dominated the league. Sad thing is, he's getting attention form massive clubs now, and wants to move. I've got him for 4 more seasons though, so he can do a lot of damage in that time.

Chris Cully - Getting better every year. Happy to stay at the club, even with the advances of Porto, Arsenal and Chelsea. 134 goals this season, and even scored for N. Ireland, in a 1-1 Draw v Faeroe Islands. Can see him breaking 2,500 goals if he sticks with the club, but needs to put up some big numbers in the next 5 years if he wants 3,000.

Summary

A decent season. Made it to the Quarters of the Euro Cup, which isn't bad. I've got quite a young team at the moment, and I feel, if I can keep them, within 5 years I can win the Champions League again. Made a decent amount of money last season, and really began to dominate domestically again, only a Penalty loss in the All Ireland Cup costing me the clean sweep. I have 3 or 4 players I want for next season, and really need a couple defenders in the center, as I'm leaking more goals than I should be, but overall, I'm impressed with the season. Moved up to 9th in the richest clubs in the world, which is nice.

Also, next season will be my 50th in charge of Knockbreda, and an extra speacial end of season update will be in order. :p

Archived