All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hello, it worked!!!! After a lot of trial and error, I managed to get tactic 433 right. I started my career with Wolves, they have a young and quite weak squad. At the beginning I only bought Ismail Yuksek, in the winter transfer window I bought Soler, Bardhij and Seimen. I managed to take 5th place!! The game shows me that I have been promoted to the UEL, Liverpool won the UCL, I think I should play in the UCL next season, I don't know why the game shows like that. When it comes to tactics, it is very interesting, my players play very nice football, the defense is a bit weak but because I have weak defenders. See for yourself!! https://ibb.co/prhNPxV https://ibb.co/XSgcVJK
  3. Been playing since Champ manager days and for me, the match engine is great ad many aspects of the game are really good and improving but what I'd like to keep all if the detailed, spreadsheet aspect of the game that we all love but give it everything modern sports games have. If the visual immersion of the game were amped up to the FIFA/ EA level I would complain. I'd love to see our game with full graphics explosion!
  4. Sunday 10th August 2031 Sandnes Ulf (9th) v Viking (1st) Eliteserien -- -- -- -- We have somebody Øystein Bekkeheien whenever he plays for Åsane but we need to reassess him in pre-season before we make any decisions about his future in the 2032 season and beyond. It was a very pleasing game today. New signing Niklas Ødegård scored his first goal for us after 10 minutes and that proved to be the only goal of the game. Defensively we were immense and Åsane didn't get a single shot on target which, for saying they were at home, shows just how hard we worked off the ball. -- -- Evening Results
  5. Today
  6. 1. Well Lusaka Dynamos are a Club that are in debt, struggling financially and are even currently serving a FIFA transfer ban (mainly due unpaid transfer fees, unpaid players etc.). The Zambian FA has also suspended them from participating from the Top Flight division and it was also rumored in the 2023 pre-season period that the club might go into liquidation. @BeeInExile knows more about their situation and will be able to explain it further if you like. 2. Yes, Young Lusaka Dynamos is currently playing in Lusaka Division 1. But what I think now is that actually could be the 'new' Lusaka Dynamos main team but I guess they didn't change their name/registration before the league kicked off, because up until today it is still Young Lusaka Dynamos (even now battling for relegation survival) and as of what I know Lusaka Dynamos are currently not participating in any league. In Zambia affiliates actually participate in the same divisions as parent clubs but I the editor is bugged/hardcoded and created affiliates can't participate in the same league as the main team. 3. It should be 8 teams in total getting promoted so I actually find that strange that only 4 get promoted in the first season, I'll try look in the editor to see if there's something not right. And on it been the same teams, what I noticed is that when a league is inactive usually the teams with highest reputations get promoted. I'm not sure if it's all inactive leagues but I have witnessed that enough times.
  7. Good work in Chile. After playing there any other nation or team in the Andes will pale in comparison.
  8. Preview -- -- Niklas Ødegård is a quality player and, when the opportunity arose to bring him to the SR-Bank Arena, we had to do everything we could to get the deal done and over the line. In some ways that's the perfect headache. Jakob Napoleon Romsaas and Niklas Ødegård are both quality players who want to play at the head of the diamond. Clearly I can't play them both there and, whilst I'll try and get them both on the pitch as often as possible, sometimes one of them will need to settle for a place on the bench. I'm fortunate that we have a quality starting 11 here at Viking, and two players of quality in some positions, but not all. This is what we need, quality competition for places. As we discovered last season, it's tough when you are chasing an Eliteserien title whilst striving to progress in the UEFA Champions League. Players can't play in all the games so we need quality rotation options and, last season, we didn't have enough. We keep going. We're unbeaten in our last 14 Eliteserien matches, 11 wins and three draws. We keep doing what we're doing and try to win as many games as we can. Brann are going to push us all the way I think and I won't be writing Bodø/Glimt or Rosenborg off either. I still can't believe we're top when Brann haven't lost in Eliteserien all season. They're drawing too many games which means Brann are always likely to drop points by drawing games they should be winning. But there's a long way to go yet. -- Expected Line-up
  9. Livorno | Season 2035/36 | Serie B The first half of our debut season was incredibly good – we were leading at the end of January, but could only win four games after it and almost lost the playoff spot (had no chances there anyway). The xG table puts us on 5th place though, so we played better than the actual result (which could be expected with one of the weakest squads in division). Coppa Italia We defeated a Serie A team! Bologna didn’t field their best squad, but that's not our problem anyway. And a shootout win over Pescara led us to the toughest opposition so far, the game at Diego Maradona stadium was decided quickly (Hojlund needed 30 minutes for a hat-trick) however we managed to score three after it. Squad stats S.Rizza *31a – our MVP of this season, played either mezzala or AP on the left wing and was equally good on these positions. F.Rossini *26a – struggled to perform on a higher level, but still scored a half of his usual goals number from Serie C. G.Sabba *30a – a new starting left-back and our best assistant. P.Fabbrizzi *29e – had a great start of his debut first team season (that was the reason why I moved Rizza to the left wing for a while, they both deserved a place in first 11), wasn't as impessive in spring but the same can be said about almost everyone. W.Renai *32b – our best center-back now, though he's wanted by Serie A and EPL clubs so may leave quite soon. Transfers Youth intake (preview) Falomi *36a | Ragusa *36b | Imbimbo *36c | Grazi *36d Third intake in a row with a promising goalkeeper, guess we shouldn’t worry for this position now. First academy upgrade in years!
  10. Thanks for the suggestions! I used the function in attack because I thought they would be another option to attack the goal. Taking into account that, in most games, I will be playing against lower blocks, will it be beneficial to use the AM with the advanced game builder function in support?
  11. @StanBoy11 @BeeInExile thank so much for your replies, theyre excellent! I always take ages to pick a team and seem to have settled on Lusaka Dynamo after they get promoted from the Lower League and into the Luaska provincial division 3 at the end of the first season. Sorry to bug you, but I have a few questions specifically about this team. Feel free to pm me if you would rather do that and keep this thread tidy! 1. They seem to have competed in the top flight until recently. What has happened to them? 2. They have a youth/B team (I think) set as an affiliate in the Lusaka provincial division 1, so 3 divisions higher. Is this correct? I note you say B teams can complete in the same division, but it seems a little odd that this affiliate is in a higher division. One final thing that is more related to the challenge I have played for a few years... I am only seeing four teams being promoted from the lower league and into the 2 provincial division 3s at the and of the first season, and its always the same clubs. Is this correct, as its different to later seasons when 8 teams go up (matching rules in game).
  12. OCT 2042 - Match Day 9 - Vs Manchester United A really tight battle on the island, in front of another sell out. Both teams had their chances for the win, however, we had to come from behind twice to secure a share of the points. We stay in 9th place. Up Next League Cup 4th Round action come to the Island, as we host Charlton.
  13. April 2028 Liga Profesional Copa Sudamericana Group A I think we have done well this month considering the busy schedule. The game against Racing Club at the beginning of the month was the only one where we were well and truly outclassed, but we followed that up with two decent wins to continue in a good position. In the Copa Sudamericana we look set for second place. Vasco da Gama did beat us at home but it was an even game, I am glad we were competitive against a Brazilian side. Next Fixtures The busy schedule continues into May as we wrap up our Copa Sudamericana Group Stage campaign.
  14. Thanks, all! I'll post a season wrap-up later - I've just been tasked with mowing the lawn
  15. (FM24) Born & Bred ‘The Regionnaire Challenge’ – Part 17 Welcome back! We are now on Part 17 of ‘Born & Bred’ FM24 blog series. If you missed the last part, please catch up here or if you’re completely new to ‘The Regionnaire Challenge‘, then here is a link to the introduction. However, I can only sign players that are born in the West Midlands. Basically the same concept as Athletic Bilbao, where only players with Basque nationality are permitted to sign and play for the club… December '26 The festive period saw the Peacocks get off to winning ways by beating newly relegated Sutton Coldfield 3-1, thanks to veteran forward Andre Landell, a former Wolverhampton Wanderers youth player grabbing himself a brace. It was then goals galore in the fixture against Hereford Lads club which saw it end 3-3 at the Garden Walk Stadium and at that point we were top of the Midland Football League Premier Division and thinking at we were going to keep that run going...How very wrong was I, as that the next three games in this festive period saw the Peacocks lost three games in a row, a first in this series and drop to 6th in the league. The first defeat was 3-1 against Market Drayton as we relinquished top spot before losing 4-2 to Highgate United who went top themselves. The final defeat of the three to end the 2026 calendar year was the 3-2 to Ludlow, who I think I have played five times this season. That third defeat in a row was hard and thinking it's time for a change.....In the formation department and time to revert from a 4-4-2 to something that people either hate or love, like I do......The Asymmetric formation baby!!!!! The Before, The NOW.... January '27 The first game of the new year and formation ended in a 1-1 draw against mid-table Coventry United, thanks to a Josh Hunt goal. First thoughts were not a great performance by the lads but I knew, I would have to give them time as that I've only ever played 4-4-2 and this is the first match. However, two goals from Kalum Hemmingway saw the Peacocks moved back into playoff contention after a 3-2 victory over Stourport Swifts following our poor run of form. Also, we won the other two fixtures in this month against relegation threaten OJM Black Country and playoff rivals and newly relegated Hednesford 2-1 respectively. The League Standings In the previous update, we were in first place in the league and I did say and cursed myself saying the odd defeat you'd drop off the top, so I defo learnt my lesson. Anyway, in the playoffs and only five points off that automatic first place which I want!!! #UTFG Final Words All updates on this series will be posted on here, also on the Sports Interactive Community page & in the FM Library Discord channel… In the meantime, please feel free to leave a comment with any feedback, questions and don’t forget to subscribe and hit the like button. All previous FM blogs can be found here and you can follow me over on X here…
  16. Absolutely agree with the latter. Just seen this was also discussed here, like me with the argument of ease of (match play) control at the center of things. Also, if SI coders were able to code an AI that can actually read the ME (whether for bugs or actual play) as well as the better/experienced FM players, they likely wouldn't be in the gaming business. Re: Pep, to me the general match simulation in FM has never been as "random" as football can be either. Sure, every year you have players ranting about how parking bus tactic AI teams would score with their first shot on target once in every blue moon. But I've never seen a side on this like Klopp's Dortmund in his last spell there. They were sitting at 18th (!) place come December, and everybody wondered WTF was going on, German pundits and TV "experts" even arguing about whether Klopp would be "finished". LFC staffers (luckily for the club) had figured that a big part of it was but rotten luck. They determined Klopp's Dortmund should be actually sitting ~4th place, rather than 18th. Or how about Zidane in CR7's last season at Real? Zidane had already lost the title race to Barcelona come January, sitting 4th. A big part of the reason? All of his main strikeforce having the worst spell of their careers. CR7 averaged 7 shots per match alone (xG ~13) -- but only had scored 4 goals by that point, two of which penalties. Benzema et all didn't fare better, relative to their finishes. Whilst there's still funny headlines recorded for all eternity, I wish the Youtube video was still online showing all "so close" finishes in chronological order -- the only thing missing was the Benny Hill theme playing alongside to it. And at least public data seems to suggest that even Pep may once have been a bit of a victim of "chance". As every single season since he arrived at City, his side had by far the best data, including Expected Goals Difference, which clocks chance data over a season, rather than individual matches. Even in the season where Klopp would finally win it with Liverpool. Whilst "implementing" this may even keep the experienced players a bit on their toe every once in a while: Can you imagine this game's community if a Klopp/Dortmund or Zidane/Real happened to but one of the millions players ever?
  17. Hi dvh, I would recommend the following: Remove focus play through the middle because your shape naturally focus on this area so it’s not required. Remove regroup because it will give much space for your opponent to build their play style without any issue. Remove prevent short gk distribution because you dont have any player on the sides to stop their DRL/WBRL positions. For the same reason as recommendation 3, remove trap inside as this instruction guide your wider players to mark their according player (AMR marks DL, AML marks DR, etc) and your central players to tackle/press harder in the middle of the pitch. Keep mid block because you have more players in the middle of the pitch than in front. Some recommendations on players roles: Change your PF to support duty and your AMC to attack duty to give to your attack a more dynamic play. Change your DL to support duty and your DR to attack duty. The reason behind this is because Carrilero will stay wider on the left and this will create some issues with your DL player. In the opposite side your DLP is a “defensive” playmaker which tends to recycle more the ball so he needs supporting players near to him. Change your HB to DM on support (to give passing options to your DLP) and one of your DC to BPD on defend to have a more dynamic build up from the back because BPD brings up the ball from the back. *Another approach is to change your HB to DLP on support and your DLP to CM on support or defend. I hope these will help.
  18. Sunday 3rd August 2031 Åsane (11th) v Viking (1st) Eliteserien -- -- -- We started as well as I've seen us start a match today and we nearly blew Åsane away inside the first 10 minutes. Isak Amundsen scored his first goal of the season after five minutes. Jakob Napoleon Romsaas doubled our lead with an acrobatic volley two minutes later. Anders Hartveit Ryste then had a goal ruled out for offside a minute after that. And bizarrely, I can't really explain it, that offside goal affected us and Åsane seemed to gain confidence. Åsane pulled a goal back on 34 minutes. Initially we thought Jonas Drønen was a mile offside but the ball was actually played when he was in his own half. Just. The game became very jittery after that, at least for us, but Anders Hartveit Ryste made it 3-1 after just over an hour and that settled our nerves. We managed the last 25 minutes plus well and deserved the victory. --
  19. Belgium - Lyra Lierse - 2059/60 Season Summary Pro Jupiler League - RUNNERS UP Really frustrating, we should have won it easily. By christmas we were at least 9 points clear but then had absolute brain fart and threw it all away. To be honest, in Belgium it doesn't really matter as the Championship group is effectively worth double points and it's there that we've won the title before. This year though, we struggled, only winning 4 out of the ten matches. But we played leaders Kortrik on the final day of the season - win and we'd be champions! we drew.... Champions League We started brilliantly! and then..... eep. Still qualified for the knock out round and actually put up a pretty good fight against Arsenal but just didn't quite have enough Croky Cup We won it but really, who cares? Players Top Scorer: Sam Straetman 51A - 40 in 46 games Top Assists: Sam Straetman 51A - 14 in 46 games Turning into an absolute superstar, and just signed an 8 year contract as well. 30 Belgian caps at only 24 as well, I got high hopes he could become our all time top player. Look how good he looks now Wonderkids One problem is the ludicrous number of huge potential youth players atm. I can't play them all! but these two made the NxGN list, which was nice Adam Daniels 57D - left back and left winger who I gave the first choice left back slot too. He did pretty amazing all told. Still only 18 and a very high ceiling in terms of ability Svenne Schlabertz 55A - a real conundrum this one. Clearly really talented, but an absolute toilet of a person. Has so far missed FIVE matches as he's been seen falling out of nightclubs the night before. He's been mentored by our most professional pros but he needs to sort his nonsense out. Especially as he's now a bone fide wonderkid! Youth After three ridculously good intakes I was looking forward to another amazing intake. And given that 3 star CA these days makes a star Pro Jupiler League player even top talents could be great. So what did i get? Mateo Pinto looks like he could be a real star in the future, although he'll have a job shifting my first choice keeper who is also Belgium's first choice. He's class! Career
  20. Is there any benefit to signing ex-players as staff if they are poor staff?
  21. Hi there, If you select a league in database, you can modify the minumum and maximum wages. Database - Nation you want - League you want - Staff Policies I don't know how it works, or if it works..not tested yet. 😢
  22. Why did Upington City get re-created with their reputation literally destroyed?
  23. It seems like it is hardcoded as it is a legal minimum wage in Belgium.
  24. If this is added, then go on holiday could be divided into two: go on holiday (meaning you will not take care of any team training) and simulate forward (meaning you will train the players).
  1. Load more activity