Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BEOWULF 442 P106 ALL CUPS I is likely to produce more goals than 3 or 1 striker tactics.
  3. So how should he be used in a tactic. In what situation would you want to use him?
  4. It wasn't to be in Europe. We battled PSG close in Paris, but they grabbed a deserved goal midway through the second half and we couldn't find a way to the crucial away goal. We still had a chance at home - we'd certainly put in some impressive performances at the Otkritie before now - but the French giants scored early and that meant we needed three. We found one, Fedorenko twisting and turning to find space in the box, but the visitors caught us on the break and we had nothing left. A valiant effort, a superb campaign, but not to be on this occasion. We'll be back though. At home, we got our run-in off to the perfect start with a thumping win in Samara, before a somewhat weakened side saw off Khimki between the two Champions League games. An own goals after 75 seconds got us on our way, and we never looked back. However, away ta Rubin - a side that beat us at home earlier in the season - we struggled to get going, and the Kazan side held out for a goalless draw that threatened to damage our title bid. That left a tricky tie in Armavir to be negotiated before the grand finale at home to Zenit, and we controlled things from the outset. A first-half penalty and late strike from Kostenko were sufficient, and with CSKA falling to defeat in Rostov, our success was confirmed, and we were the first Spartak side to retain the title for more than a decade. That left the Zenit game as mere exhibition, and while the Petersburg side were not about to roll over, a rare goal from Xoshimov in the dying embers of the game was a fitting conclusion to the campaign. CSKA lost again on the final day, picking up just six points in their final five games to hand us an advantage we would not let go. Our own points tally is seven down on last year, and CSKA kept the race alive for longer, but in the end we had enough in the tank down the home straight to wind up with a nine-point margin. We'll be looking improve next year, but so will everyone else. Krasnodar and Zenit rounded out a more usual top four, with my old charges at Kuban coming comfortably in the middle of the pack. With three wins all season it's little surprise to see Baltika fall away, and Krylya join them after a poor season. We've got an excellent record against the Samara side, so it's a shame to see them go. On the whole, it feels like this year's squad has a great deal more depth to it, with several younger players working their way into the starting rotation more regularly - Kozhemyakin, Gusev and Cherepanov at the bottom of the list perhaps three of the most promising. On the whole we're a fairly young squad, which is just how I like it, and there's plenty of room for growth. Once again it was Vorobjov's goals and all-round brilliance that fired us to success, and with the attention of Manchester United and Spurs firmly on him, we could face a battle to keep our star striker. We don't need their money though, so I'm hoping we can convince him to stay. Elsewhere, it's difficult to see past last year's defensive stars Ivashin and Borovkov as the key men, although there's certainly a case to be made for Fedorenko and even Kolosov, whose late-season goals helped us seal the title. It's a strong squad, of that there's no doubt. And, as you might expect, I'd like it to be stronger still. I'm not envisaging a particularly busy transfer window - not unless one of our stars decides to try and force a move - as there's no need to splash out for the sake of it. There'll be young signings and a bit of trimming of the side, but otherwise we'll come back another year older, another year wiser, and another year more driven to get to the top of the European tree. Three in a row, no embarrassment in the cup, and a deep run in the Champions League - it sounds idealistic, but it's what you have to aim for when you're already at the top of your game. -- Saparow, after a scare at around the two-thirds mark of the season, had come through. CSKA were vanquished once more, and Spartak retained their title with relative ease in the end, such was their rivals' failure at the business end of the campaign. Success was becoming ingrained at the Otkritie, and our Turkmen was the catalyst. Yet Bahtiyar wanted more. The cup continued to elude him, and run to the last four in Europe - only defeated by eventual champions PSG - had whetted his appetite. The Champions League was no longer a welcome extra, it was now his driving force - he would stop at nothing to take his beloved Spartak to the very top of the continental pile.
  5. Thanks for all this advice, it did help a lot. I would pick roles that work together well, but I’m still learning what does. I don’t completely understand what each role does and how it works differently.
  6. On older versions of the game, he was a bit of a liability in certain formations and was far too aggressive with his closing down. He was a headless chicken at times and strayed too far away from his original position, he'd get dragged all over the midfield. This is why SI gave the role a rework last year and this year and now the issues that used to exist for the role prior, no longer do.
  7. I've been trying for quite some time to get my AM to consistently create good chances without much success. So I started to analyse the issue and I've noticed that the AM actually creates these kind of through balls pretty frequently (#19 passed via the red arrow to #22 Spalek). These chances have yet managed to turn into a goal and over the last season and I've had more than 10 of these. What often happens is that either my IF or my Striker gets the chance and they have ALWAYS shot straight at the keeper. Do I expect too much from a chance like this?
  8. I don’t get what you mean. How do I make this happen? I want to No. 9 to be the ST, and the 10 to be the CAM.
  9. Is it form in Database and Research subforum?
  10. Loving this thread and I've refrained from posting because I wanted to see how it played out. However, the start of the last post made me smile It's a part of FM I see people struggle with so badly on a daily basis. Yet it's simple but often gets overlooked. The bold bit is kind of a 'penny dropped moment' and once you knew this, you knew how to fix/adapt it and stopped second-guessing yourself. Things seem to have become a lot clearer for you now I can't wait for the next post
  11. I tried! Shamelessly copied. Used BustTheNet for the medium block. Attemped to use Inverted wingers on both flanks, but had more success with a WP on the left. Playing with FC Copenhagen in the Danish league, I'm a very big fish in a small pond. So not sure if the tactic holds, or if the opposition just fears my team and play cautiously, and/or i field vastly superior players,
  12. I usually have goalkeeper distribution set to short. Still I see my GK hoofing it long every now and then. More often than not he hoofs it to the opposition midfield or defence, they immediately whack it back and put their striker through on a one-on-one. How do I stop this madness? I've dropped my defensive line to low but it still happens. Gahhh!
  13. Fun fact and Kind of a paradox, if you will: The more customizing and Micro tweaks are added to the tactical engine, the less competitive the AI is going to be… It cannot maximize the Options that are already in -- and will never use them as "intelligently" as a human Player focused on them will. This would only multiply with more Options. The Impact of this could likely be lessened some by making the entire "tactical decisions" process more streamlined, so no Long-winded combinations of the Right mentality, roles and duties to achieve a certain effect -- but more straight Forward "Football Options" to pick. Perhaps the tactical presets already are a part of moving in that direction.
  14. Here we go! @Neil Brock, Newcastle @Jack Joyce , Southampton. Wonderkind! Advanced forward, because he knows about deep strikers issue @Seb Wassell , king of PPMs Well there are a lot of SI players, nice idea at all! Where is @CJ Ramson ?
  15. Thanks for all of the advice everyone!
  16. Anyone else having issues loaning players to affiliates? Any way around it?
  17. A Beacon of light After thinking a whole lot about my team and their roles and even wondering if my vision was right to begin with I came to the following conclusion. "my N10 plays badly because he lacks interesting options around him and he lacks interesting options around him because he lacks space to operate on." both the CMa and the DLF-a play too close to my Ap-s and this damages our way of playing since it is awkward for us to circulate the ball through the centre of the pitch. I entered the game with the same roles as as usual DLFa APs and sure enough we struggled to create any chances against City with only 4 shots in 45 minutes and all of them off target. In the second half now convinced I had found the problem I added the instruction "Be more expressive" and birthed this Tactic: At first I was very hesitant about this since I was playing with no less than 5 attack duties and a positive mentality but as if to prove that fate favors the bold not only was were we able to shoot five more times at goal, 4 of this chances were finally on target and one of them even found the net on the 107th minute. Götze performed much better creating two clear chances with two key passes in 45 minutes. Even now I cringe at the number of attack duties but even if I change some roles in the future I am now convinced that the way to go is an Afa with an APa. This could very well have been a fluke so further testing is in order, we did lose the possession battle so my next step will be to explore incorporating a DLP-d or lowering the tempo to better accommodate all the movement in the front. I hope I can write soon about how we have recovered the performance of earlier in the season and how our N10 is now a big part of how we play.
  18. Jan 2042. Lens are top of the table, so to lose 2-0 away to them was no surprise. We conceded a 93rd minute leveller against Montpellier though and that cost us 2 points. We are in contention for a European spot and we just need to keep the pressure on Bordeaux who as well as being bottom of the top group, are also the weakest club in terms of stature.
  19. By moving back a step? It's a bug that has been already acknowledged by SI.
  20. Everyone doesn't. In the tactical thread that I did recently, I showed 3 different ways of creating a tactic and none of them was about what suits your players. A playstyle can be something you work towards, it doesn't have to be something you decide from the off. I think too many people get hung up on what a squad/isn't capable of at the start. You don't have to pay attention to it at all. You can set up a tactical style that doesn't perhaps suit the current set of players you have. It all comes down to you and what you want. If you don't understand tactical styles, to begin with, then you're not really going to be able to select one and understand why it works and what it entails. You need to experiment or start with the shape first. Then when you've sorted the shape out, have a think about what roles you need to use to get the best out of the system you've selected. And then the style will come naturally and then you have the option to perhaps change it or enhance it with the TI's available. Controlling spaces etc will come later. But this isn't going to be helpful to you at all when you're struggling with the basic components. Stuff like controlling space/pressing traps and so on are complex and will just confuse you even further. Also, ignore anyone who says you can't play expressive/expansive football in lower leagues either. Or that you can't create any style of play you want. You're not limited with what you can do at those levels on FM at all. It's one of the biggest myths people have ever created on this forum.
  21. I wonder how Dantas will do in the RPM role since his flair is quite low (at least on FM19 it is) You also said said: Have you considered toying with the 343 total football? It hurts me seeing all that potential in Fernandes being used as an all-around FB. Would love to see you giving it a go. Something like:
  22. The new Gazza. Feb 2042. No more Mr Nice Guy! He's gone out on the lash the night before the game AND missed a league game! Say something you mug so I can deal with it!!!
  23. Thanks. Any plans to change that for future release? Their other apps work fine on mobile devices so seems a strange decision to make one Kindle only. Especially when they don't clearly state that on the app page.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?