Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. European World Cup Qualifying Tables (2 games to go) Best second placed teams (Top 3 qualify for World Cup) Final South American World Cup Qualifying Table Uruguay and Portugal have successfully qualified for the 2022 World Cup joining Mexico, USA and Costa Rica. New Zealand will play 2 legs against Jamaica for qualification. Final North American Nations League A Tables
  3. @TheSparkyDee @ZLazer_500 and @estewu are all skipped and receive their first strikes for failing to select a player within 24 hours Round 32 - October 2021 Israel and New Zealand don't feature in this round Ukraine (Weiry) Won 6-0 against Malta I choose Son Heung-Min to join Ukraine Romania @Muttley84 Lost 2-1 to Italy Loses Ivan Perisic to Italy USA @JaytheGreat Drew 1-1 with Trinidad and Tobago USA’s Hirving Lozano is swapped with Trinidad and Tobago’s Omar Gonzalez Serbia @Koetzer Lost 3-1 to North Macedonia Loses Miroslav Bogosavac to North Macedonia Mexico @ssestig Won 3-0 against Jamaica Please choose ONE player to join Mexico Kosovo @terence123470 Lost 3-1 to Germany No loss Portugal @TheSparkyDee Won 4-1 against Slovenia Please choose ONE player to join Portugal Costa Rica @David Corperial Won 3-1 against Suriname Please choose ONE player to join Costa Rica Rep. of Ireland @GylfiAsCharged Drew 1-1 with Moldova Rep. of Ireland’s Harry Kane is swapped with Moldova’s Radu Ginsari Norway @XaW Lost 2-1 to Spain Loses Omar Elabdellaoui to Spain Uruguay @vossmaj Drew 0-0 with Paraguay Uruguay’s Davinson Sanchez is swapped with Paraguay’s Derlis Gonzalez Russia @dkouv Lost 1-0 to Montenegro Loses Robert Lewandowski to Montenegro Luxembourg @scousevasey Drew 0-0 with Albania Luxembourg’s Chris Stumpf is swapped with Albania’s Ermir Lenjani Canada @ZLazer_500 Won 3-2 against Honduras Please choose ONE player to join Canada Poland @estewu Won 2-0 against Liechtenstein Please choose ONE player to join Poland This concludes Round 32 The following members have 24 hours to select a player ssestig David Corperial TheSparkyDee ZLazer_500 estewu
  4. No I won things a few years in from my screenshots on here on an older patch, but getting the quality of players in along with sufficient backup isn't easy. When updating the tactic to this latest patch, I did win the league and ecl first year, but it required a lot of wheeling and dealing in the market! The tactic is not designed for lesser sides and not created to beat the ME nor uses exploits - it's created to play a particular style to accommodate only the very best of players and gives them the full freedom to show their abilities on the pitch. It would be suicide to play with an inferior squad. The choice of roles will instantly tell you only the best will do. Think of them saying "give me the ball and let me do my thing" - for all six midfield roles, with a poacher on hand to put the ball in the net and the 3 centre-backs the only defensive players on the pitch. There are no overlaps or underlaps to create space to open up teams - it's pure individual ability, and it's exactly what I aimed to create. High possession is also the form of defence. If you don't punish teams with the possession you'll be extremely exposed on the counter-attack. Therefore if your players aren't good enough to break teams down, you'll just get hit on the counter. There are few players in the world that can produce this style of a game and as in my example, designed for Ballon D'or player quality only. But once that team is assembled, the football on offer to watch is really beautiful and elegant. But it will rely on individual brilliance rather than a well oiled tactical system to bring about success especially if your team aren't playing well on the day. Then magic from Messi or a Ronaldo is what is needed rather than the whole team putting in a shift to grind out a result. Who wouldn't want 2 Pirlo's, 2 Messi's, 2 Ronaldo's and Mbappe occupying the 6 midfield and striker positions That was my footballing vision anyway =)
  5. I'm attempting to implement pro/rel in the USA however when I go to make a save to test for bugs ingame, it will load about 1/3 of the way before the game stops responding and will not load any further. Any help would be appreciated. USA Pyramid Try 3.fmf
  6. Today
  7. DCK Maidenbower vs Rochdale attempt 2 Not for the first time, my rickety old computer failed on me and I lost progress. Thankfully the game had been saved shortly after we won the Accrington match so only the two Rochdale matches and a few league games were lost. When replaying the Rochdale games I was determined to not let the data loss affect the results, which meant that I had to savescum both legs, much to my discomfort; the first match because we lost 2-0 on the first attempt and the replay because we actually took Rochdale all the way to penalties, and then went and won the shootout! Reloading to make sure we lost the replay as it originally played out was one of the toughest things I've had to do on FM. With that in mind, this is what happened in the replayed FA Cup matches. Home Leg: DCK 1-1 Rochdale After an exciting but scoreless first half, Rochdale took the lead when Dan Pring curled in an absolute beauty of a free kick shortly after the break. The lead didn't last though, as 12 minutes later Callum Gribbin played in David Ashley who finished low into the bottom corner. The match seemed to be headed for the desired replay before Bradley Bell gave away a silly penalty fifteen minutes from time. It looked like getting the required draw would take a third attempt but Jack Payne's lame effort from the spot was easily save by Leigh Jenkins, meaning that we would travel to Rochdale's Spotland as the universe intended. Away Leg: Rochdale 2-1 DCK Having been forced to reload to overwrite a brilliant shootout victory in the replay I was not in the best of moods and was really not looking forward to FM inevitably serving us up a 10-0 loss. The DCK players clearly sensed my frustration though as they put in an excellent performance to go out narrowly with their heads held high. Rochdale held a 2-0 lead as the clock ticked towards the final whistle, courtesy of two goals either side of the break (and also another missed Rochdale penalty) but David Ashley raced clear on 83 minutes to give a glimmer of hope to the fans, and a sense of dread to myself that I might have to overwrite another incredible victory. But it was not to be, and the 2-1 loss sent the DCK fans home proud and left me very grateful to be done with savescumming . Hopefully I've now finally learned my lesson about making sure I've saved all progress before posting about it online.
  8. Yesterday
  9. Hi, I'm suffering with this exact issue on my laptop. Geforce Experience is saying FM's resolution is set to 3840x2160 when it's actually set to 1920x1080 in the game. The start up screen is blurry and the text within the game is very zoomed out and grainy. Has a fix been found for this? It's basically running at a resolution much higher than it should be. I've tried to disable DSR within Nvidia Control Panel but the option isn't there.
  10. Another knock out tie against Gamba in the Nabisco Cup semi finals this time.
  11. We come through the Urawa test in the Nabisco Cup 2-0 on the night and 3-0 on aggregate to reach the semi finals.
  12. I really wish there was an option to say "perhaps if you weren't always on the treatment table after breaking a ****ing nail, you might have started more games".
  13. Seems my P45 is indeed on hold for a bit!
  14. Whenever I load the game for the first time - match caption works great. When I reload a skin to apply some changes - match caption won't work anymore. Happening to me on every skin. Is it only me?
  15. November 2019 After a loss to Stoke in which we were very much second best, I was summoned to the boardroom. It was official, my results weren't at the standard wanted and my job was under threat. My answers bought me a month it seems. I thought the loss to Portsmouth, who were mired deep in the relegation zone, would hasten my exit, but was pleasantly surprised to find out my P45 has been lost in the post and I still have a job..... for now at least. We bounced back from two poor losses with a fantastic performance against Derby, and a hard fought win against West Brom. We closed off November with a goalless draw against struggling Wigan, in a match we should have won. but were twice denied by the woodwork and even more times by their keeper. On the plus-side, another run of 3 games unbeaten and 2 clean sheets in a row. And also up to 11th in the table and edging closer to the playoff places. Hopefully this is the start of a needed turn around. Oh, and this goal.
  16. thank you very much. I choose overlap left because that was how they played on the left (Marcelo's defending was very bad) I don't think I will change that. I think I understand what you are saying about more urgent pressing. I was making a big mistake. I don't think the roles you give are 2012 Real Madrid, but thank you for your help with instructions.
  17. Very nice career story so far. I admit I had a laugh at your troubles with the Qena chairman, and I was just waiting for him to announce Ibrahim Ibrahim had been sold for peanuts
  18. On one of the staff responsibilities pages you can get your assistant manager to automatically arrange friendlies every week for your youth teams.
  19. Double won in 1st full season in Georgia and qualified for the knockout stages of the Europa League.
  20. I cannot remember how exactly Real played in 2012 under Mourinho, but I can tell you what can be potentially problematic in your tactic and how you could improve it, taking into account my knowledge of Jose's tactical style in general. First, lower LOE is okay, but lower DL may be problematic, as you are likely to invite a needlessly high amount of pressure into your box and defensive third, especially as you use a top-heavy formation with no DM. So you need better vertical compactness to begin with - which is btw a regular feature of Mourinho's tactics. I would suggest a standard DL / lower LOE combo in this particular case. Then you have more urgent team pressing. Not only that I would immediately remove this instruction, but would consider even changing it to (slightly) less urgent. The reason for this is that you play on a high mentality (positive), so with more urgent pressing you are only increasing the risk of losing defensive shape - which is an absolute no-no from Mourinho's perspective, especially if you want to play defensively solid counter-attacking football. Instead, I would opt for tighter marking, which is much safer and makes a lot more sense. Overlap left is another TI that should be immediately removed. Overlaps - as well as underlaps - increase the mentality of the fullbacks/wing-backs, and with your LB already on attack duty - plus in a top-heavy system with no DM - your left flank would be exposed in the extreme. So if you want to use overlap left, change the LB's duty to support. In that case overlap (or underlap) would make a lot more sense and would be considerably safer. As for roles and duties... 3 attack duties up front are too much for a top-heavy 4231 system (especially when playing on a high-risk mentality). For a counter-attacking 4231, I would have only the striker and AMC on attack duty. Run at defence - another instruction that makes little (if any) sense in this kind of tactic. Why would you encourage so many players to run with the ball in a tactic that is intended to be fast, direct and counter-attacking, when you already have enough roles up front that are already hard-coded to run with the ball ?!? Therefore - remove the Run at defence TI. Okay, to cut a long story short. Here is an example - one of a few possible - of how I would set up a Mourinho-ish counter-attacking 4231 tactic under Positive team mentality: PFat IFsu APat Wsu CMde BBM FBat CDde CDde FBsu SKde/su Positive mentality - more direct passing, higher tempo, play out of defence, fairly narrow (optional TIs - pass into space, hit early crosses) - counter (optional TIs - distribute quickly, counter-press) - standard DL, lower LOE, less urgent pressing, use tighter marking (optional TI - get stuck in) Player instructions: DR/FBsu - sit narrower AMC/APat - roam from position AML/IFsu - roam from position AMR/Wsu - get further forward
  21. April 2037 A mixed month and we're smack band in the middle of the average points table.
  22. Hi mate,great skin. Just wondering what panels i need to copy for the faces on the tactic screen to show instead of kits for my own personal use
  23. I've been in my save for about 8 years now and for some reason this year the game just stopped saving database information. Manager transfers, Trophies, Awards, Team of the Year. You name it. It is just really irritating and now impossible to play because one of the best parts of FM is getting to see your and/or the club's history. Was wondering if you could help advise me on what to do. Here are some screenshots so you understand what I mean.
  24. If your second team is playing in the league below the lowest playable league it can promote and be playable, if not, the only way to get the team up is by pre game editor which would require a new save to take effect
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?