England's No.1 Jersey - Experiment/Sign-up

well, Barkley played a lot of games, and conceded a lot of goals, but at least Carlisle failed :D

i suppose its a season of "almosts" for me. almost best CA increase, almost most games, almost relegated. (made carlisle finish in the same spot as the did in real life :D)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG I have a broken arm :eek:

Apart from that pretty good season, 44 appearances and any CA improvement is good with me :D

Promotion with Torquay next season I reckon :cool:

Really nice update Adz, KUTGW :thup:

season went as i thought i myt with lack of chances at utd but used the facilities and increased a little, picked up an under21 cap yeah pleased with that :), hopefully get play more this season and get a few more

ps. great work adz. :)

Oh that is one of the best updates I have seen in a long time. A delightful update and good to see Tiny performing well, I am actually not disappointed to have come second in club appearances, and definitely got to be happy that it is just over one goal per game. And to have a MoM vs a team of one of the other goalies is even better.

KUTGW thanks :)

Most Non-competative Appearances:Greasy Fingers

Highest CA improvement: Tom Hamilton & Greasy Fingers

Yey, so shuffed :D

Really good work AdzH, I think we're all impressed and hoping it'll carry on for at least 10+ seasons! :thup: :thup: :thup:

What have we learned so far?

Well, in short nothing. You can't plot a graph with only one value, so we will need to wait a few seasons to see if any patterns emerge. In the meantime through, here a few of my observations, feel free to blow them out of the water if you so desire.

1. Starting with a Premiership club does not garantee a good seasonal gain on CA. Although you have to wonder what Man City are feeding thier youngsters compared to Man Utd with the 11 CA difference with only a handful of games seperating them.

2. League 1 are desperate for good players, that even our budding psychopaths become first team regulars. (ok, odds are that with CA of 100 they just are picked with that in mind regardless of thier mental stability) Will they continue to get games?

3. Bench warming for Premiership teams gets you noticed by England management rather then actually playing in competative matches. There were some very good performances by those who played regularly at a lower tier of football. Some were rewarded with a bit of U19 action, but on the whole they were ignored. Justifiable? prehaps not...

4. Those of you (and me) who throught they could waltz into a Championship team and take over were sadly mistaken and generally averaged a lower games played per season than anyone else. Could this error hamper the rest of their season? possibley

5. Where are the Transfers?! I read on someone elses experiment that they think the AI tends to buy/sell on basis of CA, paying little attention to PA. This arguement could be supported here considering all of these subjects have a PA of 200 and only one subject moved clubs (and just to keep on benchwarming no less). Will this trait continue until their CA's raise a bit more to start interesting 'top' clubs? If thats so you would expect Brookes, Tomkins and Ferguson at least to be moving upwards.

So, in conclusion the first season has raised more questions than it answered, but that is what I was hoping. What will happen next? will those with U21 caps go on to challange for full England ones, or will some dark horse come from behind and steal their thunder? Will the bench warmers get transfers, or are they doomed to be to good to let go, but still not quite good enough to play regularly? Well, prehaps we'll find out this weekend.

Predictions for the next update:

Worst defensive record (goals conceded/games played) minimum of 10 games needed

Highest transfer fee paid for

Worst CA gain

Most Non-competative Appearances:Greasy Fingers

Highest CA improvement: Tom Hamilton & Greasy Fingers

Yey, so shuffed :D

Really good work AdzH, I think we're all impressed and hoping it'll carry on for at least 10+ seasons! :thup: :thup: :thup:

Well, from now on I intend to only do one update a week (at weekends) as I will not have time on weekdays due to work commitments so this may be a bit drawn out. (of course subject to change if works slows down).

I'm hoping I can do to 15-20 seasons, so I can get a full view of all their careers. I then intend to submit my findings to SI with any suggestions of how to tweek certain aspects of the game, prehaps things such as selection policy for Youth Internationals, or even the AI scouting. Will all depend on what conclusions i can draw from the final data.

Hope everyone is enjoying this and maintains an interest even if the pace will be slow for updates compared to other Sign-ups.

Nice summary :thup:

I think that the AI probably to tend do focus on CA not PA, in my sign up 12 players with CA 60 but PA of -9 have all lasted a season at BSS/BSN clubs, if the AI bought on PA none of them would still be there!!

As for the predictions, they're easy:-

Worst defensive record (goals conceded/games played) minimum of 10 games needed: Fred Brookes

Highest transfer fee paid for: Fred Brookes

Worst CA gain: Fred Brookes (again)

:D

On a side note, nobody got a single prediction right for this season, so everyone is still on 0.

i'll only post the prediction table every few seasons to keep you guessing (or counting yourself i suppose)

Hey AdzH, if it's not too much bother could you please let me know my players Professionalism and Determination?

Research done by other users on this forum suggest it's the most important stats for CA gain :)

Might be useful if you posted this for all players?

Also, I think we'd all LOVE if you posted screenshots of all our in-game profiles...

By the way, if you're interested: I could create an album on my FM site and give you an account where you can upload your photos? Better than using the free photo sites anyway..?

Hey AdzH, if it's not too much bother could you please let me know my players Professionalism and Determination?

Research done by other users on this forum suggest it's the most important stats for CA gain :)

Might be useful if you posted this for all players?

Also, I think we'd all LOVE if you posted screenshots of all our in-game profiles...

By the way, if you're interested: I could create an album on my FM site and give you an account where you can upload your photos? Better than using the free photo sites anyway..?

Yea, i read about the Professionalism and Determination also (Thanks to Roversawh7 for his work on English Regen Analysis Thread, which helpped me choose some of the starting stats) and therefore started everone with 20 in both of these attributes to maximise the chance of the subjects improving.

I'm reluctant to start doing player screenshots, takes quite a bit of time to produce and then upload the player specific summaries and for the moment, everyone is pretty much identical. I think i mensioned somewhere before i would entertain the idea of you guys voting for up to 3 to see but it got little feedback. I understand that you all want as much information regarding your subjects as possible, but please be aware of my time constraints.

As for your FM site, (thanks for the offer!) but whats the benifit of hosting the pictures there instead of photobucket?

As for your FM site, (thanks for the offer!) but whats the benifit of hosting the pictures there instead of photobucket?

Not much really... No advertisement, you can moan to me directly if something doesn't work, you can have an own "album" for the project, no limits on anything :)

Not much really... No advertisement, you can moan to me directly if something doesn't work, you can have an own "album" for the project, no limits on anything :)

Sure, set something up and pm/email me the details.

Is there the ability to have a folder structure so I can house the files by season?

The Torquay Mail

Torquay have had a slightly disappointing season, just missing out on the playoffs and finishing in 8th place. Our reporter, Tony C. Gull, caught up with hotshot keeper Fred Brookes to get his reaction.

Tony C. Gull - Fred, how do you think your first season at Torquay has gone?

Fred Brookes - Ye it was great, I saw boats and fish and everything! I love the local Fish and chip shops, mmm.

Tony C. Gull - I think you misunderstand, I meant footballing wise.

Fred Brookes - Ah, right, gotcha. Yeah, it was great, I kept rushing out and getting the ball, that's what I do you see, I rush. Although sometimes I missed the ball, and even worse sometimes I missed the ball and got the player, but hey ho.

Tony C. Gull - You're currently nursing a broken arm, how did that happen?

Fred Brookes - Well as I said, I rush, it's what I do you see, so I was rushing to get the new Steps greatest hits CD, when I rushed straight down an open manhole.

Tony C. Gull - Well thank you for your time Fred.

Fred Brookes - No worries, sorry gotta dash... I mean rush.

Appologies all. Been sick as a dog since Friday so have not had the energy to anything, let alone the report right up. I also have an evil week at work planned so Updates will most probably be put off until next weekend. I will keep you all informed.

I am sorry for the juddering start, Will try my best to rectify this in the comming weeks.

Regards,

Adam

Hey all,

I know this thread's been a bit quiet but an update is at hand, the season is running as I type, so should have something up tomorrow at somepoint. With prehaps a taster gonig up later (depends on what the Mrs demands of me tonight)

Thanks for your on going support.

Adam

Nightmare!!!!

This is why women should not be allowed to use technology unless under close supervision!!

Long story short, the Mrs was getting creative and messing apart creating partitions on my Laptop Hard Drive (I'm still not sure why) and a shead load of data has gone missing, which predicitably includes all my save files & databases for FM09 and the spreadsheets for this experiment/signup amoung other things.

I didnt get a chance to really go delving for it as I had 5-a-side last night so i'll have a better idea what the damage is when I get home tonight.

But a warning, if i cant find the stuff, I will have ot suspend the sign-up until after this project at work is finish so I have the time and energy to get it rolling again.

Appologies for this guys, I promise she will be suitably punished if the worst happens.

Adam

Take your time with it :)

if she was partitioning your laptop, why dont you partition and lose something of hers? (shoes?)

lol! I like the idea of "partitioning" her shoes. I.E. 1 shoe partitioned in the cupboard where they belong, the other partioned in a black in bag in the large garbage bin outside my apartment...

I'll take it under consideration.

The wife has her own laptop, she's not allowed to use my Beast of a PC, that's for me only :D

I say partition the time for the next month/3 months. As punishment, you get designated days/evenings to play FM without a word from her :D

The wife has her own laptop, she's not allowed to use my Beast of a PC, that's for me only :D

I say partition the time for the next month/3 months. As punishment, you get designated days/evenings to play FM without a word from her :D

...Its my lap top, a tasty Viao, she has her own one, its old, but suits her needs (normally?!). Will intergiate her tonight to see what she was up to, but i get the feeling she was going to use it for some of her Uni work or something.

Think I may just take the TV cable away for a few months so she cant watch her I'm the next celebrity on ice pop star idol top model of Germany or what ever that rubbish is.

Archived