• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Player Name: Zach Machios

1st choice Attribute: Aerial Ability

Reserve Choice: Communication

Starting Club: Crewe

Sounds fun! Cant wait for it to start.

Accepted pending medical. Crewe has already been selected by another participant. Do you wish to challange them at Crewe or choose another team?

Adzh your reasoning regarding starting clubs is very valid, and will indeed give some substantial support to arguments about strating clubs etc.

This sign-up just gets better and better!

By my reckoning there are only 4 places remaining:

2 x Tendency to punch (only one if Adzh accepts Ethan!!)

1 x Rushing out

1 x Communication

C'mon guys lets fill this up and give Adzh some help!

If no-one else signs up

Name: Ethan Van Der Cook

Attribute: Tendency to punch

Starting Club: Tottenham ;)

Adzh your reasoning regarding starting clubs is very valid, and will indeed give some substantial support to arguments about strating clubs etc.

This sign-up just gets better and better!

By my reckoning there are only 5 places remaining:

2 x Tendency to punch (only one if Adzh accepts Ethan!!)

1 x Rushing out

1 x Communication

C'mon guys lets fill this up and give Adzh some help!

If no-one else signs up

Name: Ethan Van Der Cook

Attribute: Tendency to punch

Starting Club: Tottenham ;)

Deferred. Want to give more time for individual entries before considering applications for second entries from exesting participants.

thanks for the support, the encouragement I'm getting from you guys spurs me on as much as the interest in the final results. its incredibley gratifying (especially as this is my first time running a sign-up/experiment!)

3. Post on the forum in the following format:

Player Name:Lengno Medhan

1st choice Attribute:Aerial Ability

Reserve Choice:Communication

Starting Club:Random

Accepted pending medical. Your RESERVE CHOICE will be used. When you say random, do you mean i should issue you a club or you want to start unattached and see who picks you up?

random club.

UPDATE:

Medical passed. Welcome on board.

Player Name: Zach Machios

1st choice Attribute: Aerial Ability

Reserve Choice: Communication

Starting Club: Reading

Sounds fun! Cant wait for it to start.

Accepted. Welcome on board.

Player Name: Frederick Eltonbrand

1st choice Attribute: Communication

Reserve Choice: Rushing out

Starting Club: COLCHESTER

Top stuff here!

Accepted pending medical. Your RESERVE CHOICE will be used. Southend has already been selected by another participant. Do you wish to challange them at Southend or choose another team?

UPDATE: Medical passed. Welcome on board.

Nice spread so far also:

4xPremier League teams

4xChampionship teams

5x League 1 teams

0x League 2

1x BSP

1x BSS/BSN

1x Random (L2 most likely now)

1x Unattached

2x Tendancy to Punch participants

Looks like I'm gonna be the only one starting at the bottom :D

Looks that way. Althrough i'm having a "control" subject take part. Basically he will start with identical stats as everyone else, just no maxed attribute like the others and he'll start un-attached. Basically just for kicks to see how he does and if he competes in someway with the rest. Odd's are through he'll start low and stay low.

Ok, am i allowed to be getting a little bit excited now? am really looking foward to getting this started.

Just need minimum of 1 more person... but plenty of time yet.

Heads-up coldkohmew!

Using as random a system as I could make up on the spot, I asked a work colleague to choose a number between 1 and 7 and then 1 and 24. In his infinite wisdom he chose 4. Twice.

Which puts you in the 4th tier of english football at the club that finished 4th.

Bury will be graced with the presence of Lengno Medhan.

Heads-up coldkohmew!

Using as random a system as I could make up on the spot, I asked a work colleague to choose a number between 1 and 7 and then 1 and 24. In his infinite wisdom he chose 4. Twice.

Which puts you in the 4th tier of english football at the club that finished 4th.

Bury will be graced with the presence of Lengno Medhan.

Nice idea:thup:

I posted on the previous page, but did i get in as i can't seem to find my name on the list of participants? If not, can i take one of the available spots (If there are any left) as it seems that my post has been completely ignored :(

Denther: Name - Fred Brookes, 1(Rushing out) 2(one on ones) Torquay

Corbs87: Jordan Corbett, 1:One on Ones, 2: Reflexes, Derby County

Cookie15 Marcus Van Der Cook 1 (Aer) 2 (One) Coventry

Spartans5: Lawrence Lazewski Jr. 1 (Reflexes) 2 (Command) Southend

the--dud: Name: Greasy Fingers 1(Command of Area) 2(Influence) Man City

james-99 Name. James Hulme 1(one on one) 2(reflexes) Man Utd

Bergtaur: Name Ryan Bergman 1(Command of Area) 2 (Reflexes) Club: Aston Villa

Jack Rudd: Name Andrew Jackson 1 (Eccentricity) 2 (Penalty Taking) Club: Yeovil Town

DB1: Name: Davidus Solo 1 (Reflexes) 2 (Punch) Club Liverpool

Lower League Rules: Name: Des Tiny 1(Ecc) 2(Aer) Crewe

AdzH: Name: Troy Tristam 1(Ecc) 2(RO) Wolves

Sorry for slowness, didn't get on internet yesterday, only just got on now. Understand if spot has been taken.

Everything looks great for startup. Good report forms.

Will PM details as well.

I posted on the previous page, but did i get in as i can't seem to find my name on the list of participants? If not, can i take one of the available spots (If there are any left) as it seems that my post has been completely ignored :(

The reason you were not included even through you did post before is because you applied outside of the transfer window and did not contribute enoughto be a garanteed participant. (there were two posts clearly stating not to apply!)

there are still 2 places remaining, both for Tendancy to Punch.

I suggest you re-apply quickly to avoid further disapointment.

Sorry for slowness, didn't get on internet yesterday, only just got on now. Understand if spot has been taken.

Everything looks great for startup. Good report forms.

Will PM details as well.

DB! glad you made it back, i was becoming concerned. Your place was garanteed with Reflex and Liverpool, i already had you penciled in i just needed confirmation.

OK Mate, here they are:

Player Name: Tom Hamilton

1st choice Attribute: Tendancy to Punch

Starting Club: Wycombe Wanderers :D

Accepted. welcome on board.

i postec mine at start and not on :(

For the same reason as given in post #174.

1 place left with Tedency to Punch. If you would like it, then re-apply.

ah :D

Player Name: Liam Ferguson

1st choice Attribute: Tendancy to Punch

Starting Club: Wycombe Wanderers

Denied. You fail big time. Look two posts up and see what team Hamilton just picked. I really hope that wa a copy and paste error...

Hey Adam, you what I think would be nice and remember, this is just a thought here... once you set up the data base maybe you should, or count on the participants to go a little in-depth on team selection, such as the path to the big club for the guys in the Premiership and also on the starters in the lower leagues. If you don't want to do it, I hope that the people who signed up wouldn't mind going a little in depth

Hey Adam, you what I think would be nice and remember, this is just a thought here... once you set up the data base maybe you should, or count on the participants to go a little in-depth on team selection, such as the path to the big club for the guys in the Premiership and also on the starters in the lower leagues. If you don't want to do it, I hope that the people who signed up wouldn't mind going a little in depth

Sorry Bergtaur, I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting, can you explain it in a bit more detail please?

looks like a good number of people participanting, and a good spread of clubs throughtout the league structure, can't wait for it to start and see who does best. Also see if rivals develop between the people in the same league and also how things get on at international level. gl adam.

Right, am in FM Editor now doing whats needed. those of you who are about and keeping me company how about a few predictions?

you can see who starts where wit what Attribute. Who is going to do well? who's not?

Sorry Bergtaur, I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting, can you explain it in a bit more detail please?

Sure, here's an example on why I chose Aston Villa: The reason I chose Aston Villa is three-fold. 1) Bred Friedel is the main starter in the Villa squad, but he is 37 years old. True, they have Guzan, but I think he isn't made for the Premiership. Brad is a solid old man, who could very well show my the ropes as I progress and he enters the twilight of his career. 2) Not only will I benefit from getting great coaching like Rafa in the Villa academy and top training facilities I feel like as I progress so will the young stars in the Villa attack. This will help any goalkeeper in the world knowing that if you make a mistake, your team has the ability to help you out of a bad situation. 3) I really relish the challenge of trying to become the best goalkeeper in England from outside the traditional 'Big 4' and help Villa win some Premiership titles and maybe a champions league in my time there.

Ya know, just something like from the signees that to give us a little insight on why some people made the decisions they did.

Sure, here's an example on why I chose Aston Villa: The reason I chose Aston Villa is three-fold. 1) Bred Friedel is the main starter in the Villa squad, but he is 37 years old. True, they have Guzan, but I think he isn't made for the Premiership. Brad is a solid old man, who could very well show my the ropes as I progress and he enters the twilight of his career. 2) Not only will I benefit from getting great coaching like Rafa in the Villa academy and top training facilities I feel like as I progress so will the young stars in the Villa attack. This will help any goalkeeper in the world knowing that if you make a mistake, your team has the ability to help you out of a bad situation. 3) I really relish the challenge of trying to become the best goalkeeper in England from outside the traditional 'Big 4' and help Villa win some Premiership titles and maybe a champions league in my time there.

Ya know, just something like from the signees that to give us a little insight on why some people made the decisions they did.

Ohhhhhh! Yea, I like it. A bit of justification and hopes on the part of the participants. Good idea. It would be interesting to see everyone elses reasoning for their choice also.

i chose Carlisle for 2 main reasons. 1) its the closest league club to where i live, and although i like to see them suffer (Geordie at heart), i may as well use them for something :p 2) after Keiran Westwood was sold to Coventry, Carlisle dont really have a keeper that could do well for them, as was proved as they only just stayed in league 1. my aim is to change that and provide a secure footing for them to push for promotion.

I chose Wolves because they have the same colour strip my Primary School team had.

On a more serious note im hoping to balance training and 1st team experience and find a happy middle road prehaps.

I chose Coventry as a colleague used to ply for them for many years, and is pretty local.

A Championship side should give me more chance of regular game time and a chance to gain valuable experience Also, there's a fair chance Kieran Westwood will be snapped up by a Premiership club, call me cunning if you like!!

Archived