England's No.1 Jersey - Experiment/Sign-up

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose Liverpool for a couple of reasons

1- I'm a fan:)

2- Could learn from Reina, hopefully if not good training facilities

3- Will prob get loaned out - will not learn from reina but maybe clubs will want a young Kop star;)

4- Big clubs normally get noticed by England managers more, so fingers crossed:)

Doing a quick seasons test with the database to see how it looks. Have just had a look at Feb 1st and theres been some interesting developments. I'm not going to give to much away and i'm a bit gutted that i know as much as i so to be honest hehe.

Wow...this progressed hugely in the night while I was at friday work drinks, dinner, league and then home for bed. Looking excellent AdzH I cannot wait for it to start.

As for why I picked Crewe, I wanted a team who was a bit lower down, about the middle, and Crewe just looked a good middle of the road club.

As for Eccentricity, I picked it because clearly a goalkeeper needs to be mad. Who wants to be the duck in the shooting alley, you do? God you are mad, and sometimes this madness will lead to brilliance, lets see.

Who wants to be the duck in the shooting alley, you do?

Thank you, that made me laugh so spontaniously a spat beer all over my laptop! am still giggiling now. Good show.

Right. 1 Season test was successful, now need ot repeat it with all the leagues I want active...well, active. If things carry on like this i'll put it on autopilot Saturday night when Im at the cinema watching the new Star Trek film and do the write up sunday.

What can I say? I'm a machine! hehehe

Trust me, I'm bitten by the bug on this just as much as many of you. I need to get this moving otherwise I wont be able to sleep for thinking about what I havent done or can adjust.

Oh, and for the more practical reason I have a new project starting at work next week, so I really want to be at the stage where I can just auto pilot the game and report write (oh and talk to you guys of course!)

Well, you guys are responsible for keeping me entertained while the game crunches numbers for a season, so...

I think you owe me a beer and a new laptop!

Haha can't be that bad you are still posting :) Haha mine had a whole pint spilt on it, somehow it still goes :p As for the beer, come and get it.

So guys, how am I doing with my Debut? I think its ticking over pretty well, just hope the experience lives up the hype

I think it is brilliant for a start and is running quite well.

Holy hell, I forgot this was your debut. Umm... if the first thing I ever do is half as good as this I'll be proud.

I think I blushed! thanks :)

Truth is, I joined forums to have a snout about, found myself somehow in the CSE section and was just so amazed. I wanted to take part in everything but nothing was recruiting. I them spent the best part of maybe 12 hours going through other people's work and decided that the best way to introduce myself to the community was to run something of my own rather than being an extra in other peoples work. Since then well, i was expecting it to be alot more lowkey then its turned out but i'm happy for the interest.

I like the community here, very friendly and supportive and i'm looknig foward ot contributing to it. :)

Heads-up coldkohmew!

Using as random a system as I could make up on the spot, I asked a work colleague to choose a number between 1 and 7 and then 1 and 24. In his infinite wisdom he chose 4. Twice.

Which puts you in the 4th tier of english football at the club that finished 4th.

Bury will be graced with the presence of Lengno Medhan.

thanks!!!=)))

I chose Torquay because that's where I used to holiday as a young lad and so have always followed the team :). Thought it would be a good place to get some first team action and then work my way up the footballing ladder.

Adz, you've done really well as you have got everyone interested and excited, in some sign ups that just doesn't happen!!

KUTGW :thup:

So guys, how am I doing with my Debut? I think its ticking over pretty well, just hope the experience lives up the hype

well, its a lot better than the two attempts i tried. both failed due to losing the bloomin database to crashes etc. looking forwards to seeing the first season results

Well, I was so happy with my final test run last night that I am going to use it as the first seasons statistics. But, I will not be compiling a full season summary until tomorrow, so in the intrim, here is a few statistics to wet your appitites:

08/09 Season Start

9 subjects start as Key Players for their teams

9 subjects start as Back Up for their teams

1 subject started unattached (Control Subject)

Starting subject value range of £2,960 to £510,300

Starting subject reputation range of 1300 to 5000

08/09 Season End (1/06/09)

CA improvement range of 6 to 19 points

A spattering of U19 and U21 caps

2 Transfers (1 being Control Subject signing for a club)

Highest weekly wage of £800 per week

Highest value of £1,425,350

Highest reputation of 6117

(Note, most of these stats have been dragged directly from GenieScout)

Stay tuned for the full season analysis comming tomorrow!

Now, I ask you for two things:

1. Opinions and comments. Is this what you expected from our subjects?

2. If you like this "taster" round-up I can do something like this a day or so before each full season summary as a warm-up and to provoke discussion before the full summaries. Eventually this could even lead to predictions of who got what when we get to know the subjects a bit better.

This is roughly what i expected TBH Adam, so i am not too supprised.

This thing would be great before every update to provoke discussion etc.

KUTGW :thup:

Aye thats what I want to do. I really want you guys involved (you've been fantastic so far!) and i want it to continue. The debate and discussion part is as interesting to me as the results.

havn't been able to get online til now so ill explain me choice of Man Utd

1- I'm a fan

2- There are great training and youth facilities there, also can learn fromt the expierenced van der sar, and little from ben foster. Also vds is close to retirement so might get a chance in the team.

3- Hopefully get loaned out in the first season to pick up some first team games.

4- Big clubs normally get noticed by England managers

I bet i am one of the people who got caps as i have Australian as a nationality :D

...Ok, re-read the title of this experiment/sign-up, take a moment to reflect upon your post, then hang your head in shame.

I like the 'teaser' info :thup:

Would have thought being at Torquay Fred will be a key player.

I think the BSS/BSN lad will be the one who has moved

Looking forward to the update :)

Dear all,

I have to appologise. I forgot to factor in one very important variable. My Mrs!

She invited over some friends on Sunday and they stayed the entire day, therefore I was not allowed to get on my laptop as I had to be all sociable like. I didnt even get to watch the Utd Vs City match!!!!!

Therefore i'll do my best to get it posted tonight, or at very latest Tueday night.

Sorry again for the false start, but you know how women are...

Yes we all know and we accept that real life sometimes butts its ugly head in :)

LOL! you saying my Mrs has an ugly head?! charming! I have a feeling your participant will be comming dead last... :p

I'm married and face exactly the same problem :(

She somehow seems to think me sitting on my laptop playing FM isn't social... I try to tell her it's the same as her watching TV but she doesn't buy into my argument...

Most of the time I just tell her to p** off and leave me alone though, you should try it haha :thup:

I'm married and face exactly the same problem :(

She somehow seems to think me sitting on my laptop playing FM isn't social... I try to tell her it's the same as her watching TV but she doesn't buy into my argument...

Most of the time I just tell her to p** off and leave me alone though, you should try it haha :thup:

LOL, normally she isnt to bad. I play my laptop and watch sports and stuff streamed on that, she gets to use the TV to watch Germany's Superstar-next-top-model-on-ice-idol or whatever that reality trash is.

However, she has this habbit of making plans for us both and not actually telling me until about 5 minutes before, normally by saying "why arent you ready yet?" and of course not knowing whats going on is my fault...

LOL, normally she isnt to bad. I play my laptop and watch sports and stuff streamed on that, she gets to use the TV to watch Germany's Superstar-next-top-model-on-ice-idol or whatever that reality trash is.

However, she has this habbit of making plans for us both and not actually telling me until about 5 minutes before, normally by saying "why arent you ready yet?" and of course not knowing whats going on is my fault...

Haha I get that same rubbish! Our wives should join forces to create some sort of evil wives-club :D

Haha I get that same rubbish! Our wives should join forces to create some sort of evil wives-club :D

Err, I think not. Could you imagine dealing with them (well, trying to) they started grouping up? Would be like lioness hunting en mass.

It would be the end of everything...

Archived