Football Manager Wiki

Glad to see great progress been made since the last time I was on. :thup: I have not as much time as I used to and probably will not until I am finished my work experience at the end of August. Weekends are mainly the only time I can contribute at the moment (I know this is not the weekend before anyone says anything :D). Last weekend was an exception though due to a certain rugby match. :D

France Italy, no?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be great if you could try to enforce some sort of standard layout for certain types of pages like the Club Guides for example. Hoffenheims page for example has info like Stadium Facilities and Transfer Budgets whilst other pages do not. This is handy info for someone who is looking to start a new game and it would be nice to see all teams pages like that and following the same structure for neatness and continuity. If all pages were like that perhaps people would use it as a guide for picking a club or nation to go manage when they are unsure.

If you decide that this is a good idea it would be better to put it in place sooner rather than later, so that there are less pages to edit.

I like Landon Donovans page btw, it's certainly not professional but it made me chuckle.

I think it would be great if you could try to enforce some sort of standard layout for certain types of pages like the Club Guides for example. Hoffenheims page for example has info like Stadium Facilities and Transfer Budgets whilst other pages do not. This is handy info for someone who is looking to start a new game and it would be nice to see all teams pages like that and following the same structure for neatness and continuity. If all pages were like that perhaps people would use it as a guide for picking a club or nation to go manage when they are unsure.

If you decide that this is a good idea it would be better to put it in place sooner rather than later, so that there are less pages to edit.

I like Landon Donovans page btw, it's certainly not professional but it made me chuckle.

I like this idea, feel that we should work with this plan :thup:

Yeah good post, agree with it too.

Alan, is it possible to revert an article to a previous edit, or is that something only admins can do? (referring to the Landon Donovan article)

I see what you're talking about - for some reason I ad thought that rancer put in the landy cakes bit :D

Not sure how to do it tbh, bu I'll change it back now anyway by copy and paste.

I like the idea, but not all of the threads have them so someone would have to research them all...

And you can undo edits, by doing:

Recent Edits, (diff), then in the top right next to where it says who edited it it says 'undo'. Click that and submit the new entry:thup:

I like the idea, but not all of the threads have them so someone would have to research them all...

And you can undo edits, by doing:

Recent Edits, (diff), then in the top right next to where it says who edited it it says 'undo'. Click that and submit the new entry:thup:

To follow up on this. Anyone can undo edits by going to history and then choosing undo. Admins can both undo and rollback edits but they are pretty similar.

I think a template for how club guides should be written would be a good idea. :thup:

1. Upload an image from your computer (you may need to download it first if you're getting the image off google) - http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Special:Upload
  2. Copy & paste the name of the image, including the 'image:' bit.
  3. Edit page screen.
  4. [[image:Image Name|Right/Left/Centred/leave blank if no justification is needed|image size (eg. 120px)]]. An example would be [[image:Arsenal.jpg|right|100px]]

Good work Jammy, & hope that helps :thup:

I'd just like to say great work lads for all the effort you've put into the wiki recently. Now the majority of our articles have plenty of content, which is fantastic.

I'm going to run through all the articles again now & put a few stub tags on articles that might need a bit more work now.

Going by the number of hits this thread has in comparison with the FAQ, I doubt it'll make much difference! :)

Ah sure you never know, there's always the possibility that someone might find out about the wiki from the FAQ's. Besides, most of those hits come from about 10 regulars to the wiki.

Aye, but most of them hits are from us.

Maybe you should put the link somewhere else... I don't know... maybe the front page :p

Wipe out the notices section completely & replace it with a massive FM Wiki banner :thup:

Ah sure you never know, there's always the possibility that someone might find out about the wiki from the FAQ's. Besides, most of those hits come from about 10 regulars to the wiki.

Wipe out the notices section completely & replace it with a massive FM Wiki banner :thup:

No. Replace the SI forums and just have the FM Wiki here.

Great list mate:thup:

But one thing;

FM05 - 5.0.5

That can't be right! Thats insane!

It's definately right, I did my research ;)

The list is only started btw, will be adding more soon. I'll have plenty more time with the wiki over easter.

I think it'd be a good idea to do an article about the in-game easter eggs. Will get cracking on it some time over the weekend.

That's what's wrong ;)

Archived