Guide - How to Make a Good Club Thread

arsenal_2111

How can I make a club thread?

Are you playing as a team that may not seem as attractive to most people? Want to attract more people to play as the same team as you? To do that, you will need to have a good club thread, one that offers support to new players and one that looks good. To create a good Club Thread, read the guide below.

Firstly, you will need to give your thread a suitable name. A name should include the version of the game the thread is for, and the name of the team you are making a club thread for. This makes it easy for people to see which thread they are going into, and people will be able to find it in a search. This make it more likely that people will see your thread so they may read it and be pursuaded to play as the team. Some people also like to add a small message to the title of the thread. Normally this is somehting that relates to the club's recent history, such as the events of the previous season. Try to keep this suitable. Looking through the forum, you will notice that a lot of threads have 'Official' in their names. This is to be added by the moderators, so if you make a thread you should send them a Private Message and they will add it to the title of your thread, making it 'Official'.

Now for the actual thread.

It is always nice to be welcomed when you arrive somewhere, and this is the same in club threads. I would recommend a simple message, along the lines of 'Welcome to the __________ Thread for Football Manager 20__'. That is a short message, yet it makes the person looking in the thread feel that they are in a friendly thread.

Under your welcome message, a good start to the formal part of your thread is to post a picture of the club badge. This can normally be found on the internet, on a image searching site such as Google Images. Making it appear on your thread is very simple. You need to see the image in full size, and take the link to the website from this page. Posting that link will just appear as a link, but you will want the image to appear as a picture, visable from when you go onto the page. To do this, you need to put Image Tags around it. This is very easy, all you have to do it put before the link and after the link. This will make the link appear as an image on the post.

Now you have got everything that is just for aestetics in, it is time to add some information to your post. I feel, to become attatched to a club, you need to know about it's traditions and it's history. Because of this I would now put something about their history. To find out this, you can use the 'History' section in Football Manager, go onto the clubs official website or look on a different website that can give you some good information, such as Wikipedia. If the history part of the thread is very long, people could become bored of reading through it, and this may make them leave the thread without reading on. I suggest putting something in here about how they were formed and when they were formed, as well as famous managers and players over the years. When this is done, a more indepth of the last season they played in real life could follow. This enables the player to see what they need to live up to, and again helps the player to become more attatched to the club.

As everything to do with the club in real life is now done, you can now add some information about the club in Football Manager. You could do this in two ways. Firstly, you could post a screenshot of the clubs information page. To find out how to post a screenshot, please refer to this post. Your second option is to type the clubs information out, simply listing the points that are given. Personally I like the second option, as it seems like more effort has been put in. Typing out the information would look something like this, in the 2009 Arsenal thread made by theincrediblehulk. In addition to the information in that screenshot, I would add the transfer budget and wage budget for the first season.

When you have finished the Club Information section, you will need to add in arguably the most important part of the post - the squad. Like the Club Information, you could either type this out (in two different ways) or post a screenshot. Again like the Club Information, I think this looks better typed out, and you could choose either this style, simply listing the squad like in weeeman27bob's 2009 Liverpool Thread or by using this style, of listing positions and placing players into the position they are best in. The second way of listing the squad is used in the 2009 Arsenal thread, created by theincrediblehulk. Of course there are other ways that you could type out the squad, but I feel these ones are clearest to understand. Like in the Club Information section, you could also post a screenshot of the squad.

To help out people who haven't played as the team before, a squad analysis would be very helpful. I would do four different analysis', one for goalkeepers, one for defenders, one for midfielders and one for strikers. In each of these, a review of the best player in the position, the rest of the players in the position and the youth players for this position would probably be the most helpful way of doing a review of the squad. So the reader of the thread can get to know the players, it could be a nice addition to add a picture of the star player in the squad. You could also write a small peice about the star player, explaining where his best position is and how he should be played to best effect. As the second part of the review, you could recommend a formation, with just the players in the squad at the start considered. This will help people who have never played as the club, as they will be able to get a good start with the formation when creating a tactic. Again to support those who haven't played as the team, you could suggest players who you would sell, giving a reason why you would sell them and give a recommendation on how much you think the club could fetch for the player. To finish off the review, give some suggestions of players to buy. This could be by giving names and prices for the players, or by linking the reader to threads that could help the reader.

To finish off the thread, you should wish the reader good luck if they wish to play as the team you are making a thread for, again to make the thread seem friendly.

Hopefully this guide will help users to make good club threads, and help those who have already made one to improve them.

So that's all for now, good luck to anyone who may use this thread when making a club thread.

How can I make my club thread even better and more individual?

If you follow the above guide, you should be able to make a very good club thread, both full of useful information and nice to look at. But do you want to individualize your thread? You can use various coding to make your thread look different to all the rest.

All coding has three parts, an opening code, the instruction, and a closing code. The opening code and the closing code are identical, except the closing code has a / before the writing, like [/instruction] rather than [instruction] for the opening code. The instruction is what you want to have done, like in the link below.

To see how to make certain coding work, follow this link.

Yes, a league thread would be fine. You could use pretty much the same format, although instead of squad analysis do team analysis, for every team in the league. Good examples of League Threads are the MLS Thread, made by aw083, the Scottish Premier League Thread, made by Cadijk van Kaarhandel, and the Coca Cola Championship Thread, made by LincolnCanary.

Hope this helps:thup:

Archived