Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI there are some very good league guides, especially of obscure leagues, on FM Britain. They would come in handy for people who like to play with weird leagues or teams, perhaps you should ask them if you can use some of their stuff.

Cool.

I shall get in contact :)

I have wrote a post in their forums. May well get closed but I am hoping for a response. :)

Yeah, most likely will be closed - I think it probably wouldve been best if you emailed their webmaster and kept it private, but sure we can't change it now. Link?

I can put it on the wiki if you like jammy. Also, I think we all need to discuss the format of club guides. I got rid of some of the headers to make it look like wikipedia style intros a few days back, but I'm now thinking maybe we should come up with a new structure. What are your opinions on this?

Might as well explain it clearer in case some of you don't get me (not aimed at you jammy fwiw, I think you know what I'm on about.

Man Utd Page

Chelsea page

Now, out of those two examples, which do you prefer? My problem with the Chelsea article is that it looks very bare without an introduction. I feel that the nickname, location etc should be put above the index - re-worded & with a bit more information included. What do you all think?

Might as well explain it clearer in case some of you don't get me (not aimed at you jammy fwiw, I think you know what I'm on about.

Man Utd Page

Chelsea page

Now, out of those two examples, which do you prefer? My problem with the Chelsea article is that it looks very bare without an introduction. I feel that the nickname, location etc should be put above the index - re-worded & with a bit more information included. What do you all think?

Yes, I agree that the Utd article looks better. But about 1/10 of articles have a reasonable amount of intro, so on the majority it would just be a sentence or two on the top of the page. It would be pointless having that, as it would be missed half the time. Look at the Liverpool Page for example. The real life information is a couple of lines, not including the peice about former managers (which I don't think is really needed, may delete it if no one minds). Yes, it will be a bit of an introduction. But in my opinion it would look a little ridiculous having one or two lines. A paragraph is needed minimum, and that is a lot of work.

Looking at setting up a dedicated Football Manager wiki site, to cover all incarnations of the game and provide a basis of information for people to refer too, with everything from tactics to patches.

Anybody else interesting in helping support this project?

http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page

o rly

nice to see my advice taken on board

layout is great

o rly

layout is great

I don't really understand what you mean by this post, could you explain please?

And also, I assume o rly is text speak not a bunch of random letters. I have no idea what it means, and I'm sure others wouldn't either, so try and refrain from text talk in future posts. :thup:

Yes, I agree that the Utd article looks better. But about 1/10 of articles have a reasonable amount of intro, so on the majority it would just be a sentence or two on the top of the page. It would be pointless having that, as it would be missed half the time. Look at the Liverpool Page for example. The real life information is a couple of lines, not including the peice about former managers (which I don't think is really needed, may delete it if no one minds). Yes, it will be a bit of an introduction. But in my opinion it would look a little ridiculous having one or two lines. A paragraph is needed minimum, and that is a lot of work.

I know what you mean. I think I'll have a scan through the club guides and mark all of those without proper introductions as stubs. I'll then list out all the stubs later on tonight :thup:

o rly

layout is great

Cheers Galactus.

I don't really understand what you mean by this post, could you explain please?

And also, I assume o rly is text speak not a bunch of random letters. I have no idea what it means, and I'm sure others wouldn't either, so try and refrain from text talk in future posts. :thup:

O rly = Oh really

Is this openly editable?

I want to try beef up this wiki.

Also is there a set/layout I should follow in order to maintain consistency in the articles appearance?

Well, we don't have any general guide written up (which reminds me, I really have to get around to doing that). Just try to follow the general layout of most of the other articles for now :thup:

But for club guides, this.

Club Guides

*Not too serious, just missing introductions for most

AJ Auxerre

Cherbourg

Doncaster Rovers

FC Porto

Fulham

Getafe

Hull City

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

LA Galaxy

Liverpool

Luton Town

Man City

PSV

Panathinaikos

Preston North End

Real Madrid

Redditch

Southampton

Stockport

Stoke City

Valencia

Nation Guides

Canada

Holland

Mexico

Russia

USA

Player Profiles

Anatoli Todorov

Landon Donovan

Gameplay

Bosman Transfers

Manager Options

Training Facilities

Graphics & Skinning

Graphics Packs

Skins

Editing

Database Editor

How to add your own regen (Doesn't explain how to add the regen at all)

Miscellaneous

Championship Manager

Sports Interactive

Empty Pages

Chicago Fire

Chivas USA

Colorado Rapids

Columbus Crew

DC United

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

New England Revolution

New York Red Bulls

Kansas City Wizards

San Jose Earthquakes

Toronto FC

Dani Aquino

Coaches

Physios

Yeah, so this is how we stand at the moment. Most of these that I've listed (in particular the club guides) have quite a lot of information. It's just that they're missing that extra bit of information that would make them feel complete imo. Just to let anyone that has any knowledge on these subjects know :thup:

This has been posted in a seperate topic in the wiki forum as well.

I think we need to do something to make the club guide template stand out more - maybe put it on the front page? Maybe it's time to replace the 'why we set this up' part. Also, I'm going to write up a general guide to making wiki pages.

One last reminder - don't be afraid to add/remove stub tags from pages.

Good stuff. I'm adding the FM-Britain articles now :thup:

I've done the article as much as I can.

It doesn't look like it's much there, but it has everything in it and there is nothing else I can add to it without making it waffle.

If you think anything else needs to be added either do it yourself or tell me and I'll do it:thup:

FM-Britain management said we can use any of the Lower League articles as long as there is a reference to the creator AND a link to the original.

Fair enough, I've already given credit to the creator, so now I'll link to the article :thup:

It's one of those topics where there isn't a lot to be said. I don't think there's much else to be added :thup:

Thats what I thought, which is why I removed the stub tag.

FM-Britain management said we can use any of the Lower League articles as long as there is a reference to the creator AND a link to the original.

So could we use a disclaimer, like in the club guides?

In the Database Editor article, why is the FMRTE link there? Thats not about database editor, thats a save game editor I think.

I realise it mentions FMRTE, but imo it would be best to create a save game editor page and link to it in there. Linking to FMRTE in the database editor page could cause confusion imo.

In the Database Editor article, why is the FMRTE link there? Thats not about database editor, thats a save game editor I think.

I realise it mentions FMRTE, but imo it would be best to create a save game editor page and link to it in there. Linking to FMRTE in the database editor page could cause confusion imo.

That's my mistake, fixed now.

Archived