Retried Greats, Playing again!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Junkhead:

Irwin was a rb retrained as lb, in FM terms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are indeed correct, i've noticed a few people claiming he was a left back when in fact he could use both feet and was quite a good right footed free kick taker for both Utd and the Republic of Ireland.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Junkhead:

Irwin was a rb retrained as lb, in FM terms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are indeed correct, i've noticed a few people claiming he was a left back when in fact he could use both feet and was quite a good right footed free kick taker for both Utd and the Republic of Ireland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was a left back primarily, and he took penalties for United and the R.O.I.

And he's a bloody legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggfwiedwice:

If I were to do something like this, and make it a challenge, I'd make a squad of crazy people. Barthez, Higuita, Vinnie Jones, Wise, Cantona, Pearce, Di Canio, Roy Keane, Fashanu, Barton etc.

My assistant and first team coach would be Bleasdale and Wally Downes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who was the guy a couple of years ago who made headlines around the EPL because he was depressed over making too much money? :displaced_seagull: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it not Winston Bogarde? Now he was a legend on 40k per week and played 6 times in 4 years I think hahaha.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

My Dream Team would give yours a run for it's money any day of the week;

GK - Massimo Taibi

DR - Jason Dodd

DL - Winston Bogarde

DC - Ramon Vega

DC - Torben Piechnik

MR - Steve Marlet

ML - Antonio Nunez

MC - Chris Marsden

MC - Bruno Cheyrou

ST - Carl Leaburn

ST - Iain Dowie

S1 - Pegguy Arphexad

S2 - Marcelinho (Newcastle legend)

S3 - Jody Morris

S4 - Mikkel Beck

S5 - Sean Dundee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope your joking

how did you do thier stats, all pretty much perfect or did you give them thier flaws?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

GK - Massimo Taibi

DR - Jason Dodd

DL - Winston Bogarde

DC - Ramon Vega

DC - Torben Piechnik

MR - Steve Marlet

ML - Antonio Nunez

MC - Chris Marsden

MC - Bruno Cheyrou

ST - Carl Leaburn

ST - Iain Dowie

S1 - Pegguy Arphexad

S3 - Jody Morris

S4 - Mikkel Beck

i hope your joking

how did you do thier stats, all pretty much perfect or did you give them thier flaws? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flaws? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

The day Ketsbaia is considered a great is the day I shoot my face off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

GK - Massimo Taibi

DR - Jason Dodd

DL - Winston Bogarde

DC - Ramon Vega

DC - Torben Piechnik

MR - Steve Marlet

ML - Antonio Nunez

MC - Chris Marsden

MC - Bruno Cheyrou

ST - Carl Leaburn

ST - Iain Dowie

S1 - Pegguy Arphexad

S3 - Jody Morris

S4 - Mikkel Beck

i hope your joking

how did you do thier stats, all pretty much perfect or did you give them thier flaws? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flaws? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i meant the first guy, did he make gazza conterversial, keown ugly and bonsnich well rubbish

i meant the first guy, did he make gazza conterversial, keown ugly and bonsnich well rubbish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tell you what annoys me even more than Martin Keown's face, is the way he uses his hands to talk. Watch him on MOTD 2 and Football Focus, he moves his hands like he is making a profound point that we should all sit up and listen to when we all know it is just the inane twitterings of an ugly monkey.

if keown ever played fm he'd be a little stung at the comment some managers say, "i think its time for him to give up the day job and become a pundit"

speaking of great teams, i was england manager and had a great coacing team.

dennis wise - assistant manager

stuart pearce - u21 manager

old gunner solskjear - u19 manager

marcel desailly - coach

tony adams - coach

zola - coach

raimond van ger geow(?)- gk coach

ray clemence-gk coach

dr charllotte - physio(liked the idea)

me next...

GK. nigel martyn

LB. ian harte

RB. gary kelly

CB. radebe

CB. ferdinand

LW. kewell

RW. bowyer

CM. batty

CM. dacourt

CF. Viduka

CF. jimmy hasselbaink

would stick cantona there but he obviously belongs to man utd in truth

and im obviously forgetting the legends that are lorimer, charles, bremner and the like

GK - D. James

RB - T. Repka

LB - J. Dicks

CB - R. Ferdinand

CB - A. Martin

MC - F. Lampard

MC - M. Carrick

MR - T. Sinclair

ML - J. Cole

FW - P. Di Canio

ST - J. Defoe

S1 - L. Miklosko

S2 - N. Ruddock

S3 - J. Moncur

S4 - E. Berkovic

S5 - C. Tevez, T. Sherringham, F. Kanute, I. Wright, aaaarrrggghhh I can't decide....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

GK - D. James

RB - T. Repka

LB - J. Dicks

CB - R. Ferdinand

CB - A. Martin

MC - F. Lampard

MC - M. Carrick

MR - T. Sinclair

ML - J. Cole

FW - P. Di Canio

ST - J. Defoe

S1 - L. Miklosko

S2 - N. Ruddock

S3 - J. Moncur

S4 - E. Berkovic

S5 - C. Tevez, T. Sherringham, F. Kanute, I. Wright, aaaarrrggghhh I can't decide.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha didnt every single one move onto bigger and better things

haha didnt every single one move onto bigger and better things </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dicks retired but did play 4 games for Canvey Island (and scored). Martin went to the Orient. Repka got homesick and went back to Sparta and Di Canio went to charlton, CHARLTON!!!!!

So your point was nearly valid... But CHARLTON!!!! (shakes head repeatedly)

Just out of interest can anyone make a side of former players anywhere near as good as the Hammers? I'm gonna re-configure the first XI so all players are current.

The Ex-West Ham XI

GK - D. James

RB - T. Repka

LB - G. Johnson

CB - R. Ferdinand

CB - I. Pearce

MC - F. Lampard

MC - M. Carrick

MR - T. Sinclair

ML - J. Cole

FW - C. Tevez

ST - J. Defoe

Manager - H. Redknapp

I reckon that lot would finnish above Curbs boys this season. I doubt anyone can top this team but maybe Leeds could...

Any LUFC fans wanna try?

-------------martyn------------

kelly---matteo---radebe---harte

-------------------------------

bowyer---batty---smith---kewell

-------cantona------fowler------ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bad but 5 of those guys are retired.

All my WHU side are still playing.

Leeds could do a good side all of whome are still playing i'm sure...

Robinson, Lennon, Viduka, Woodgate, Ferdinand, etc...

Even until now, I still can't believe Leeds are not in the EPL. With all the greats which they had. I don't care if the team was alledgedly full of thugs. You gotta hand it to O'leary.

I'd say Robbie Keane should be in that line up. David Batty was pretty influential. I wouldn't want Alan Smith or Lee Bowyer though. They made so many promises that they would stay with Leeds for good, yet they still left. Friggin A-Holes if you ask me.

Leeds! Please come back! Go David Bell!

matteo over ferdinand

and yeboah over jimmy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, Anthony Yeboah. Was it CM1 or 2? He was god like, and very cheap. I remember he'd be the first I would buy in my list.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by follow the blind:

wheres davor suker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davor who?

LOL!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cpfc207:

Now although Tony Popovic was excellent for Palace, 1) He's currently playing for Sydney FC and 2) He doesn't really belong with most people on that list. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon now, no team of worldbeaters is complete without Popovic. Partner him at the back with Tony Vidmar and you'd be unstoppable!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

The Ex-West Ham XI

GK - D. James

RB - T. Repka

LB - G. Johnson

CB - R. Ferdinand

CB - I. Pearce

MC - F. Lampard

MC - M. Carrick

MR - T. Sinclair

ML - J. Cole

FW - C. Tevez

ST - J. Defoe

Manager - H. Redknapp

I reckon that lot would finnish above Curbs boys this season. I doubt anyone can top this team but maybe Leeds could...

Any LUFC fans wanna try? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could be wrong so i appolagise now, but when David James ever play for West Ham? He went Watford - Liverpool - Aston Villa - Portsmouth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spineles:

I could be wrong so i appolagise now, but when David James ever play for West Ham? He went Watford - Liverpool - Aston Villa - Portsmouth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He played for West Ham in between playing for Villa and Man City, from about 2001 until about 2004.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sniell:

Mark Bosnich!?!?!?

WHY?? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really know nothing about football then, if mark did not get on the drugs he would be in the #3 keepers to this date.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pengo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sniell:

Mark Bosnich!?!?!?

WHY?? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really know nothing about football then, if mark did not get on the drugs he would be in the #3 keepers to this date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Has he been sharing the drugs with you?

Thumbs up to Radebe (yes i'm a Leeds fan) but got to agree with a previous poster and state that he wasn't "a great". Leeds legend yes, but our greatest defender in recent years, no.

Anyway, just posting to ask why he's considered a left sided defender as well as central?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

what about Tim flowers and chris sutton? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yuck... hehe. I disagree really. icon_cool.gif

in response to the earlier post about a current Ex-LUFC team (if that makes sense - lol)

GK Robinson

LB Matteo

CB Woodgate

CB Ferdinand

RB Danny Mills

CM Kewell

CM Dacourt

CM Bowyer

ST Robbie Keane

ST Viduka

ST Smith

Why on earth did we sell these players......Damn money

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

in response to the earlier post about a current Ex-LUFC team (if that makes sense - lol)

GK Robinson

LB Matteo

CB Woodgate

CB Ferdinand

RB Danny Mills

CM Kewell

CM Dacourt

CM Bowyer

ST Robbie Keane

ST Viduka

ST Smith

Why on earth did we sell these players......Damn money </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to forget Ian Harte, David Batty, Nigel Martyn, Robbie Fowler, and JAMES MILNER!

To be honest, I'm glad Bowyer left. He was such a thug. Smith promised to play with Leeds for good. What a faker. Gosh, kinda think of it, this team was pretty good.

Its all Venebles' fault! And the board as well! They all suck! O'Leary was doing so well with the team! Screw corporate Leeds! What a waste of talent! We had so many years to go. Just got a good Champion's League placing! We were about to explode!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

GK Robinson

LB Matteo

CB Woodgate

CB Ferdinand

RB Danny Mills

CM Kewell

CM Dacourt

CM Bowyer

ST Robbie Keane

ST Viduka

ST Smith

Because we were £100m+ in debt.

Anyway, it should be -

GK: Harvey

DR: Reaney

DL: Cooper/Madeley

DC: J Charlton

DC: Hunter

AMR: Lorimer

AML: Gray

MC: Bremner

MC: Giles

FC: Clarke

FC: Charles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EddieGray11:

GK Robinson

LB Matteo

CB Woodgate

CB Ferdinand

RB Danny Mills

CM Kewell

CM Dacourt

CM Bowyer

ST Robbie Keane

ST Viduka

ST Smith

Because we were £100m+ in debt.

Anyway, it should be -

GK: Harvey

DR: Reaney

DL: Cooper/Madeley

DC: J Charlton

DC: Hunter

AMR: Lorimer

AML: Gray

MC: Bremner

MC: Giles

FC: Clarke

FC: Charles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who in the world are these lots? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

GK Robinson

LB Matteo

CB Woodgate

CB Ferdinand

RB Danny Mills

CM Kewell

CM Dacourt

CM Bowyer

ST Robbie Keane

ST Viduka

ST Smith

Not to forget Ian Harte, David Batty, Nigel Martyn, Robbie Fowler, and JAMES MILNER!

To be honest, I'm glad Bowyer left. He was such a thug. Smith promised to play with Leeds for good. What a faker. Gosh, kinda think of it, this team was pretty good.

Its all Venebles' fault! And the board as well! They all suck! O'Leary was doing so well with the team! Screw corporate Leeds! What a waste of talent! We had so many years to go. Just got a good Champion's League placing! We were about to explode! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bung Aaron Lennon and Scott Carson in there as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Where The Heck, is Gebriel Batistuta?!?!?

Pele? Zico? Maradona? Di Canio? Effenberg? Zidane? Hernandes?

Personally, I don't think Lucas Radebe was a great player. He was a good defender, hands down... but not really great. Tony Adams was the man really.

Not that there is anything wrong with the squad. Just wanna comment on your choices of players. Have fun :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, sorry mate but I have to disagree with you there. Adams was a fantastic centre half but Radebe was immense. His reading of the game was second to none.

Archived