9.3.0 must fixes and additions

Looks like you was wrong!

One thing that's annoying me is the fact you can't send players out on loan or at least, in my game, it's extremely rare.

One player in 6 seasons ( not including feeder clubs) it's only just come to my attention as I'm now bringing through top quality or wonderkids and want them to get first team football at a decent standard.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

yeah, although the transfer system has generally been improved the loan system isnt worknig as well. Irl if you offered out a player good enough to be a decent prem or top chamionship striker (e. bendtner) than clubs would snap him up. IN FM09 that often doesnt happen.

(I believe that this may be due to the players reputation - i think if it gets too high then clubs are scared off).

A work around is to offer the player for sale. Often clubs come back with a loan -to - buy offer. Just remove the future fee and you will be able to loan your player out and get paid!

Im managing two teams and what Iv noticed is that if I switch during games tghe 3d gets confused an eg, I am Leeds and Newcaste after the leeds game when I tried watching toon game in 3d it showed leeds colours and leeds players has anyone else had this flaw

hallo,

I'm managing in italian serie a and i'm unable to get any player on loan, even the weaker ones. On the countrary if I manage a third division club I can get on loan whoever I like. Is anybody having the same problem?

bye.

hallo,

I'm managing in italian serie a and i'm unable to get any player on loan, even the weaker ones. On the countrary if I manage a third division club I can get on loan whoever I like. Is anybody having the same problem?

bye.

I manage low league but in england and have had possibley the opposite if anything.

Get a parent club :)

Football manager did not have benik afobe in the game. he is 15 and plays for arsenal youth and last year he scored 40 goals in 33 games for the arsenal U'16s but you done have him even though he is going to be one of the best players in world. So if you do add him to the game make his PA 180+

I think it would help if SI offcially lists somewhere the issues which they already recognised and working on/already improved for the next patch so known issues will not be listed again and again. I believe it will improve the efficiency of community.

Also there are a lots of requests here which are too big to fit in a patch or not agreed by developers; SI may just append them in the same list with "to be ignored" tag.

I believe such sticky list will organise the forum in much better way.

I think it would help if SI offcially lists somewhere the issues which they already recognised and working on/already improved for the next patch so known issues will not be listed again and again. I believe it will improve the efficiency of community.

Also there are a lots of requests here which are too big to fit in a patch or not agreed by developers; SI may just append them in the same list with "to be ignored" tag.

I believe such sticky list will organise the forum in much better way.

If the "Known Issues and Fixes" thread is anything to go by, it won't stop much to be honest.

Tho such an addition would be welcomed by me aswell. :)

Sort out the shortlist so when you say stay on defualt shortlist indefinatly, they stay indefinatly, not 6-12 months, if i wanted that, i would of selected that.

They haven't fixed that for years. Don't think they will bother now. Unfortunately it is a pretty low priority bug compared to the broken ME.

Also, please make a realistic amount of long shots, corners and 1 on 1s go in. Also reduce the amount of chances a team does and make defenders behave more like defenders do. (I just can't believe that after so many years we are still asking for the basics to be done right...:( )

• Administrators

This thread mentions a number of bugs, which I believe nearly all are already under review.

However, some people are complaining about players or teams being too good/too bad. For this please go to the Data Issues forum.

If you have something to post, please do it in the correct team thread but here are a few things to remember.

1- It's all well and good saying that a player is 'better at this and worse at that' but what are your REASONS? Our researchers generally are season ticket holders who watch their team every week and in the majority are very strong judges in players ability - just because you watched one Man Utd game where Wes Brown was awful doesn't mean his CA should be reduced by 50pts! It's all about reasons and giving a fair and balanced discussion about why you want certain things changed

2- For new signings to your club you'll find the team researcher DID NOT do the players stats. For example players like Berbatov and Modric would have been done by the Tottenham and Dinamo Zagreb researchers respectively - as they will have seen more of the players throughout a season and will be a better judge of the players. Now most of these players have been at their new teams for half a season their current club researchers will have more of a say for any data updates, and I'm sure in the majority of cases where deemed neccessary changes will be made.

3- DO NOT abuse these researchers and claim you can do a better job. Everyone in football has their own opinions and nobody every really agrees entirely - so we DISCUSS these points, we do not argue them! ;)

Any other issues regarding anything 'bug' wise in the game please visit the Bugs Forum, do a search to see if it's been discussed and if not please create a new thread after reading any guidelines found in the forums. Thanks!

Also, another basic thing that should be in the game: technically gifted players can dribble past an opponent head on, they don't always have to go the sides. Please fix this as it is completely unrealistic and makes special players look like every one else.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if these points have come up before:

Arsenal need to stick to there transfer policy. On my game Wenger has completely dropped his transfer policy. I just cant see that happening. He has spent over £30 million almost every season and I am 4 seasons into the game. He isnt buying any youth players or any hidden gems like usual. He buying well known player for large prices. This is very unrealistic.

Another point is about transfer in January for the new patch. I noticed that on the older games, when a player from a less known club with average stats moves to a big club, his stats dont get updated to reflect his true skill. Are Tosic and Ljajic stats going to be improved because Man Utd have signed them. At the moment they are not Man Utd class.

This is a very important point. Please make Park Ji-Sung better. His stats clearly dont reflect his true value to the Man Utd side. Also some of the youngster need to be improved like Rafael and Gibson. And maybe they should feature more in the 1st team like they do in real life.

Sorry if these points have come up before:

Arsenal need to stick to there transfer policy. On my game Wenger has completely dropped his transfer policy. I just cant see that happening. He has spent over £30 million almost every season and I am 4 seasons into the game. He isnt buying any youth players or any hidden gems like usual. He buying well known player for large prices. This is very unrealistic.

Another point is about transfer in January for the new patch. I noticed that on the older games, when a player from a less known club with average stats moves to a big club, his stats dont get updated to reflect his true skill. Are Tosic and Ljajic stats going to be improved because Man Utd have signed them. At the moment they are not Man Utd class.

This is a very important point. Please make Park Ji-Sung better. His stats clearly dont reflect his true value to the Man Utd side. Also some of the youngster need to be improved like Rafael and Gibson. And maybe they should feature more in the 1st team like they do in real life.

People need to stop asking for players stats to be increased just because they're on a team that they follow.

No stats will be increased in the patch.

no stats will be changed in 903?

i feel sorry for ashley young/gabby :/

palacios + valencia have played better than their SI counterparts too this season imo

italy's co-ownership bug is the worst lol. i can get ibrahimovic via it for like 30M... zapta for 6M. if the AI can't cope with co-ownership, just get rid of it. better than having a useless transfer method.

italy's co-ownership bug is the worst lol. i can get ibrahimovic via it for like 30M... zapta for 6M. if the AI can't cope with co-ownership, just get rid of it. better than having a useless transfer method.

What do you mean get rid of it? It's what makes Italy fun to play and is very much used in real life as well. And half of Zapata for 6M pounds sounds just about right.

BTW regarding your 2nd issue. Didn't city overspend with De Jong by at lest 15M pounds? Hell yeah they did.

Simple one- There's too much injury time in every game, that should be a quick fix.

Not so simple actually. It is not the injury times that are off, I'm sure those are accurate. It's the amount of injuries and stoppages that are actually occuring to build up so much injury time. I've had an 11 minute injury time. Average is about 6-7 minutes probably. Which only increases the chances of AI scoring a late equalizer or winning goal with their 4-2-4 superdumb tactics.

Hey, there's my fix. Have the 4-2-4 tactic be accurate. If the AI go to it, your midfielders will run wild in a mostly empty midfield and punish them with counterattacks just as often as they pile the pressure on you.

What do you mean get rid of it? It's what makes Italy fun to play and is very much used in real life as well. And half of Zapata for 6M pounds sounds just about right.

BTW regarding your 2nd issue. Didn't city overspend with De Jong by at lest 15M pounds? Hell yeah they did.

theres a difference between de jong for 18M and fletcher for 50M.

ITS UNREALISTIC.

i bought zapata for 3M for 1/2 and a 3.2M future fee = 6M for total ownership

i bought pandev for 3M for 1/2 and 3M future fee = 6M for total ownership

i also had similar deals for de rossi and chiellini, the price for half of them + future fee ammounted to around about 500k above their face value.

HOW IS THAT REALISTIC? OH WAIT, ITS NOT.

give me 30M and i'll sign ibrahimovic using the co-ownership system. how ppl can defend it is beyond logic.

Football manager did not have benik afobe in the game. he is 15 and plays for arsenal youth and last year he scored 40 goals in 33 games for the arsenal U'16s but you done have him even though he is going to be one of the best players in world. So if you do add him to the game make his PA 180+

He's in the database and will be in the game once he turns 16. It's not legal to put anyone under 16 in the game. When he is in the game his PA will be -9, which is very high indeed and makes him potentially world class.

By the way, are you him? ;)

1 on 1's need tweaking even after the 9.2 release. I just know that the opposition keeper is going to save my shot. Even when you have 6 or more a game.

Wonderkids, love them. First time in years we actually have great 17-19 year olds. Hope this doesn't get touched at all.

Everything else is covered in the first post. Have these fixed and you are on to a winner.

Arsenal need to stick to there transfer policy.

I think there needs to be some sort of transfer policy in the first place, in each club and in each manager's attributes (in addition to domestic player bias).

Although I'm not quite sure if this has been implemented, because what I'm seeing now is just that every club tends to go for the best players they can get with their money.

oh and plz do intensive beta testing (i.e. in the future). i dont know who si's current testers are but they miss A LOT A LOT A LOT in terms of unrealistic transfers and some players being overpowered (how did arsenal+veloso even make it into 9.0 or 9.1???).

any other points ppl want to add?

yep, I'd like to add that until you have some clue about how the testing and fixing process works, you probably shouldn't make sweeping statements like that.

there are 2 major problems for me :

- low player ratings for offensive players - even if they play good (imo) / very high ratings for defensive players - even if they play nothing (not saying bad)

- strikers dont do anything at all. just waiting for the ball. no "moving on to channels" or moves like that.

it would be great to see that these will be fixed on valentine day's patch , or as i said at another topic, ill turn bck to play fm 2006 , and wait for '10 till november.

Just because someone is on form doesn't mean stats should be increased, it is just form, which can be totaly different in the game, the game is a simulation of this season (and following seasons) just because a player is player is playing well now, it doesn't mean they should in the game. Sometimes a player in the game with pretty average stats can have a really good season, win awards etc. it doesn't mean he is better than he was, just his form is better.

In addition to all the innumerable fixes the engine needs, next patch should allow the referees to play an advantage. This rarely happens and it is pretty important in real football.

Yes, that would be a very good addition to the match ME, i get frustrated when one of my players is in a great position, but the referee calls the game back for a foul, where IRL advantage would have been played. I'm surprised this hasn't come up before in debates about the ME.

I think there needs to be some sort of transfer policy in the first place, in each club and in each manager's attributes (in addition to domestic player bias).

Although I'm not quite sure if this has been implemented, because what I'm seeing now is just that every club tends to go for the best players they can get with their money.

A transfer policy attribute should definitely be introduced to a manager's profile, just like playing style can be "adventurous". You already have to do a press conference where they ask you about your transfer policy, so why not add it to the other managers in the game, it would add a lot of character and individualism to the game, as different managers construct their teams in different ways.

ATM i have never seen Wenger sign a youth prospect, but i have seen him splash out £30M plus, numerous times on world class players. Isn't Arsenals transfer record still £13m for Wiltord IRL ??

no stats will be changed in 903?

i feel sorry for ashley young/gabby :/

palacios + valencia have played better than their SI counterparts too this season imo

I think at present, the only way to not abuse the co-ownership system is by paying a realistic fee for 50%, but then not setting a future fee, otherwise it becomes too easy to sign players. Im afraid in my Juve game i signed Zapata for £6m in total, Montolivo for £10m, Laurito for £5m. In my Napoli game i managed to get Quagliarella for £5m total!

there are some 21 year old god-like regens that appear out of no where. this is very unrealistic and i think all regens should start between the ages of 14-17 and not 20 or 21.and their stats shouldnt be as good as messi when they start.

Clubs in countries you haven't selected in your game have to generate regens that are ready for first team action immediately or else they will have to field grey players.

I agree that they could be toned down though.

theres a difference between de jong for 18M and fletcher for 50M.

ITS UNREALISTIC.

i bought zapata for 3M for 1/2 and a 3.2M future fee = 6M for total ownership

i bought pandev for 3M for 1/2 and 3M future fee = 6M for total ownership

i also had similar deals for de rossi and chiellini, the price for half of them + future fee ammounted to around about 500k above their face value.

HOW IS THAT REALISTIC? OH WAIT, ITS NOT.

give me 30M and i'll sign ibrahimovic using the co-ownership system. how ppl can defend it is beyond logic.

Was this in the beginning of the season? I guess it should be in the bugs forum. And yes there have been quite a few bugs in co-ownership, but that doesn't mean it should be scraped. In FM07 when a team would propose a co-own deal you could negotiate for 145M and the team would come back with that amount for whatever player. It will get fixed in FM10.

-Allow somehow that we be able to watch the game on 3D in Classic mode, and have access to important stuff from TV View such as 'Your Team's Motivation' and other boxes like that.

-Make regens have mixed feet, and not only 'Right Only' and 'Left Only'

-AI transfer system that was promised to be new (ie. AI clubs will strengthen their team in more than one position at the same time etc.) not true... AI is too poor, and working your way up the leagues is too easy at the moment.

-Fix regen redistribution. If I worked my way up the Greek league with a small Greek club and finally got them to have 'Top Youth Facilities' and I would be only one of 3 clubs with such a youth system, I would expect to produce players that at least some could go on and be National team quality.

-FIX CONFIDENCE!!!! This was a new feature 2 years ago, yet is still not functioning properly. It must take into account the player's status, the price paid and how long he has been at the clib before judging him. Also, take into account opposition's reputation/strength

-If not now, then 10000% for FM10.. Fix league variable rating, so leagues can progress and become stronger, and other leagues become weaker.

yep, I'd like to add that until you have some clue about how the testing and fixing process works, you probably shouldn't make sweeping statements like that.

True, I don't have a clue how the testing is done but its obviously not very good if there are so many bugs seeping through.

Did no one spot the "bojan bug"?

did no one spot the BLATANT co-ownership abuse?

did no one spot the lack of any challenge on long term games because the AI doesnt invest in youth?

did anyone spot the regen one-footedness?

because i noticed all of these within 2 playthroughs of a game spanning around 3-4 seasons. and i think most of those are fairly gamebreaking for long term benifit of the game.

and i haven't even mentioned any of the ME bugs etc. there.

Archived