The 'Will my computer run fm09?' thread + system building advice.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just ordered stuff for a new build and specs as follows...

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz

4GB Memory 800MHz PC6400

How would that run with regard to speed considering my computer just now runs at 1.8GHz with 1GB RAM and takes about 24hrs to play one season in the SPL with only a few leagues loaded but Huge database? How are people comparing?

I've been trying to get into this years FM, but it's just going so slow it's driving me crazy.

Does anyone know what I could do to make it go faster? I've tried defragging etc. and only have one league active. The matches run a tad slow but nothing too noticeable, it's mostly just when I click between menus/players etc it has a lag of a couple of seconds which doesn't sound much but is annoying as hell, and loading results is a pain in the ass as well.

System specs:

ECS G900 laptop

Pentium 4 3ghz

512mb ram

Ati Mobility Radeon 9700

Plenty of free hd space

XP

I was thinking of upgrading the RAM but it only supports 1gb, would this make much difference? Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brian1983

Hi guys,

Feel like a bit of a luddite posting this, but here goes:

Currently looking for a new laptop, and don't want to pay much more than £400 as the only things I'll use it for are internet, MS Office, storing music and pics, and FM. I'm liking the look of this: http://www.johnlewis.com/230547197/Product.aspx, but I'm concerned about the graphics card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

I'm having the same issues as Dizzy Fuzz previously. Running incredibly slowly!!

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz (2CPUs)

Memory: 1016MB RAM

Video Card: Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family (Intel® Calistoga Graphics Controller) Approx Memory 128MB

I'm playing England down to Blue Sq South

Should I just be playing less leagues?

Is my laptop rubbish?

Any hints/tips appreciated

I'm having the same issues as Dizzy Fuzz previously. Running incredibly slowly!!

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz (2CPUs)

Memory: 1016MB RAM

Video Card: Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family (Intel® Calistoga Graphics Controller) Approx Memory 128MB

I'm playing England down to Blue Sq South

Should I just be playing less leagues?

Is my laptop rubbish?

Any hints/tips appreciated

It does depend on your RAM speed, I am a true beliver that improving your ram can make a huge difference. Try going to a website like crucial for memory, type in your laptop model and get the best ram you an afford. I suggest 800MHz of 2Gigs at least!

A little RAM (improvement) can go a long way :D

Is it just the 3D engine that is slowing things down. Every other pevious version of FM has been fine.

I'm asking because I've seen a tick box option for Match Day Experience in the Preferences menu. Wondered what this affected?

Does anyone know?

Buying a new PC tomorrow. Got my eyes on one with the following specs, would be nice to know how it'll handle FM09.

* Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core E2220

* (2.4GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB Cache)

* Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic

* 2GB DDR2 memory

* 160GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm)

* NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 graphics

* Dual Layer DVD Rewriter

* 6x USB ports

* 19" TFT display

• 2 months later...

Product Information

AMD Phenom X4 9150e quad-core processor (1.8GHz, 2MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 2GB DDR2 800MHz memory 320GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm) ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics Dual Layer DVD Rewriter 6x USB, 1x IEEE 1394 FireWire® ports Full product information about ACER M3201 Refurbished PC Base Unit Hide product information about ACER M3201 Refurbished PC Base Unit

Does anyone know if this system would work with FM2009?

I`m trying to find a PC that can handle the game for under £300. This one is £289.

Product Information

AMD Phenom X4 9150e quad-core processor (1.8GHz, 2MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 2GB DDR2 800MHz memory 320GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm) ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics Dual Layer DVD Rewriter 6x USB, 1x IEEE 1394 FireWire® ports Full product information about ACER M3201 Refurbished PC Base Unit Hide product information about ACER M3201 Refurbished PC Base Unit

Does anyone know if this system would work with FM2009?

I`m trying to find a PC that can handle the game for under £300. This one is £289.

Or this one

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4450e processor (2.3GHz, 1MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 2GB DDR2 800MHz memory 320GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm) 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce 6150SE graphics Dual Layer DVD Rewriter 15-in-1 media card reader Built-in wireless (802.11b/g) 6x USB, 1x IEEE 1394 FireWire® ports

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 systems (1 at home and 1 at work) and they way this game plays on them is night and day. I want to try and upgrade the lesser of the 2 machines but I am not 100% sure on which parts are making the biggest difference. Can I get some opinions?

Machine #1 (the slow one):

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)

2 GB DDR2 @ 533 MHz

256 MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

20 inch Ultra-Sharp Flat Screen

Machine #2 (the fast one)

Intel Quad Core 2.33 Ghz (Q8200)

6 GB GB DD3 @ 1333 MHz

256 ATI HD 3450 Video Card

S2309W 23" 16:9 1080P FHD Wide Flat Panel LCD Monitor (this monitor is insane byt the way!)

Now I am trying to figure out which parts, if any will make the biggest difference to upgrade in my slow machine. I know that everything in the faster machine is better but I am wondering if an upgrade of video card to the HD series and a high def monitor will produce a big difference for me? What do you think? Is the video card system, CPU, or memory the difference in the 2 systems? (or all combined?)

The CPU is huge in FM, not really much with the Videocard as it will only affect your actual 3D match games. For processing fixtures and loading times. Upgrading your processor would be the biggest upgrade for your Computer. Getting 2GB of Ram would boost your computer and the fact that DDR2 ram is really cheap would be a cheap upgrade.

Archived