OCTOBER RESULTS -

Rochdale W2-0

Brentford W1-0 (JPT)

Macclesfield W3-1

Darlington D1-1

Grimsby D3-3

Chester W1-0

Barnet L0-2

Not a bad month really, although I'm still a bit miffed about the Barent result. It was a shocking performance and we deserved to lose but in a month where we played some of the promotion contenders and got results its a bit disappointing.

The finances are doing ok but I'm now down to the last 413K in the bank. I hope it'll last until January...lol!

Here is the league table going into November - http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/dave_riley86/lgetablenov08.jpg

The way that Dafuge has given his updates is the way that I will do it, because it seems the most efficient so credit to him

August

A pretty good start but an unfortunate huge loss to West Ham (I only realised afterwards that I put Sam Parkin in goal (ouch:o)) and a bad performance draw to Chester (I suppose morale hit the squad after the West Ham game) has tarnished the winning streak. In addition, that is now 2 points lost from the 18 that I said that I could play with if I wanted to win the title.

League Table

Dag & Red 0-1 Luton
Luton     1-1 Reading 5-4 win on pens (Carling Cup 1st round)
Luton     2-0 Lincoln
Brentford 0-2 Luton
Luton     0-4 West Ham (Carling Cup 2nd round)
Luton     0-0 Chester

Transfers

Brought in 3 players on loan from Parent Club West Ham but I released all youth team players (except for Jake Howells who is actually quite good) and Emanuel for 26k but I am only 4k under the wage budget, so I will have to shift people in January if I want to get the 15 point bonus. However, I will have to weigh up as to whether I should sell more players from a very wafer thin Squad to get the bonus against sacrificing final league position.

Will update after I have played through next month.

November and December were good months for us and saw us get the points column back into the positive.

The league table, although we are still bottom, shows that we have a massive chance of staying up.

League Table - http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/dave_riley86/lgetablejan08.jpg

NOVEMBER RESULTS -

Dag & Red 3 - 2 LUTON

LUTON 1 - 1 Colchester (Luton win on 6-5 on pens)

North Ferriby 1 - 1 LUTON (FA Cup RD1)

LUTON 1 - 1 Exeter

LUTON 2 - 0 North Ferriby (FA Cup RD1 Replay)

Notts County 1 - 1 LUTON

Accrington 1 - 0 LUTON

LUTON 1 - 0 Huddersfield (FA Cup RD2)

DECEMBER RESULTS -

LUTON 3 - 2 Rotherham

LUTON 3 - 1 Port Vale

Leyton Orient 0 - 0 LUTON (JPT South Semi) (Luton win 5-3 on pens)

Wycombe 2 - 4 LUTON

LUTON 3 - 1 Aldershot

Morecambe 3 - 2 LUTON

We are also in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Final. We have had a lot of fortune in this competition mainly by the way of penalty shoot outs. Again we were fortunate in the FA Cup. We got hammered by North Ferrby in the First Round and were lucky to escape with a replay. The same could also be said in the second round although a solitary strike from Parkin saw us through to a third round tie at home to Ipswich. Definately winnable if not a money spinner.

OK guys it's getting close to decision time now. It's coming up to the end of the January transfer window...would you sell your better players in order to get the bonus points on this challenge. Or would you keep them, lose the financial points and go for the highest position and good cup runs?

My wage bill is under control but Im getting bids of 250k for Keith Keane and Kevin Nicholls. Both, needless to say are integral parts of the team that has over turned a 30 point deficit and lifted themselves off the bottom of the table to boot.

Advice needed fellas?

August - September - October

I was kind of agressive on the (free :p) transfer market signing some guys with high wages. So I can kind of forget the bonus points for cutting down 10k on the wages. I'm allready happy if I succeed at avoiding relegation. As you can see below things went kind of up and down for me, but all in all I think I can still complete the minimum goal.

1_results.jpg

Transfers

League Table

Selection

August - September - October

I was kind of agressive on the (free :p) transfer market signing some guys with high wages. So I can kind of forget the bonus points for cutting down 10k on the wages. I'm allready happy if I succeed at avoiding relegation. As you can see below things went kind of up and down for me, but all in all I think I can still complete the minimum goal.

1_results.jpg

Transfers

League Table

Selection

How far over your wage budget are you?

You'll be going into the red sooner than me if you're not careful!

Im going to start this challenge after xmas , probablys boxing day . I have just deleted my career game , as I was sick of being an 'under pressure' manager , due to installing the patch whilst continuing with my previous save . So I have decided to start a fresh with the the 9.0.2 patch . :)

Update - 25th March

...and we've just hit the playoffs (League Table)

Parkin has played 36 and scored 21

Fleetwood has played 40 and scored 20.

It's like Ferdinand Vs Ferdinand, except they aren't brothers or in different leagues.

We're still in the black but not by much.

Not sure if we can keep it up - of course if we hadn't been curelly deducted 30 points we'd be 8 points clear.

Wow, going really well there :thup:
Good work KLH84

Thanks both of you. If i'd come at this without having played Dafuge's Challenge I would have struggled but with the tactics and match strategy i've taken from that i've been able to do quite well.

:)

March

Brentford 0-2 Luton
Port Vale 1-1 Luton
Luton     2-0 Shrewsbury
Rochdale  1-1 Luton
Luton     3-2 Notts Co
Chester   1-1 Luton

A great unbeaten month that feature three last gasp goals, two of which were in my favour.

League Table

We look clear of relegation but the top half is a long way away, this means our season is pretty much over barring a miracle.

Squad

Brought in three more loan signings to cover for injuries.

July/August

Well It didnt start at all as planned with only 2 wins pre-season and some very heavy deafts against Fulham and West Brom.

I managed to get Totenham as a parent club but having already got Jack Collinson, A welsh international ony loan from West Ham, I added Kinkladze and promoted Howells from the Resveres. Im giving it a month and then Ill look at where I need a short term loan or 2. Im 6 quid a month over the wage budjet after releasing a few players.

Moving into the Leauge it didnt get any better loosing my first 3 games 1-0. Also lost to Crystal Palace in the Leauge cup. It could easily have been a draw had the keeper not come to edge of area and watched the ball as the Palace player walked past him and crossed. It was one of those shout at the Screen moments and it wasnt so brill :( On the up beat Port Vale 2-0 away so that leaves me on -27 points!

Results so far

Sqaud

PS. If someone can explain to me how to link images like Dafuge id really appreciate it!

pcmeister - End of Season Review - 80 Points

Final League Table 12th = 65 Points ¦ Graph

Whole Result List for the Season (sorry for the big list)

LutonTown-5-1.png

LutonTown-3-1.png

LutonTown-4-1.png

Proof of being 10k under wage budget = 15 points

Squad

Transfers

Run of 20 games unbeaten

Having told you all that I would update after September, well, I kinda didn't and it just so happens that it is now the end of the challenge. Having come 12th on the last day of the season, I grabbed myself an extra 15 points. I also sent my scout to Spain looking for cheap players, and I certainly got that in January, and this is the star that I found for 10k from Cadiz: Javier Acuna. He bagged me 20 goals from only 19 games, and became my top scorer. For other transfers, I brought in, in effect, a new squad after I decided that it was worth cancelling those players with big contracts to get the 15 points for being 10k under my wage budget. I actually got a better squad from doing this. However, I did not make a profit, and I made a steep loss after the pre-season matches.

With these transfers, I managed to go on a huge run of 20 games without a loss, and that fired me up the table, after being 24th until 30 games. It gives me great satisfaction that I would have won the title had I not had that 30 point deduction: shame that there is no option in the game to contest the 30 point deduction!

Points wise, I get 65 points for coming in the top half of the table (12th), nothing for getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the FA Cup, nothing for getting knocked out in the First Round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, nothing for not getting a profit, and 15 points for reducing the wage bill by 10k. So I end up with 80 points.

It was a good challenge, but I am sure that someone will get all the possible 175 points, because it is certainly possible if you decide to change the squad drastically in August and January, because there are cheaper and better players out there to win all these points. Best of luck to everybody else.

Well my first League 2 game in charge of Luton was a disappointing 3-1 loss away at Rotherham despite generating many good scoring opportunities. My team just lacked a cutting edge in front of goal which is worrying. However, I was happy with my tactics as I seemed to create a lot of chances and get good possession away from home. Check out the clear cut chances!

rotherham31lutonnk8.jpg

By antmanbrooks

Here's a link to the match if you fancy having a look. Quite an exciting match where I found myself shaking my head a few times as I some how went 3-0 down despite having the better of the game as far as I was concerned.

http://rapidshare.com/files/176520285/Rotherham_v_Luton.pkm

Right it's blatantly obvious this is going to be a real struggle. With a complete inability to hit the back of the net my team are really beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

lutonresultsvc5.jpg

By antmanbrooks

I'm playing using the !4-4-2 tactics from the TT&F thread. Starting most games with Standard and mixing in Attacking (rarely) and Defensive (only if I'm getting dominated) but mostly staying with Standard !4-4-2 which seems to be generating a lot of good chances but my team just doesn't seem to finish ANY of them. Not sure what to do in all honesty as I have no cash, I'm past the transfer window and I'm happy that my tactics are creating enough chances so I'm reluctant to change them.

Any one else having a real struggle with this? Most people seem to be doing pretty well to be fair.

Funniest thing about these results is the only win I had, I was really lucky to get anything from the game?? All the other games with the exception of the Cardiff game I felt completely robbed. The Aldershot game I was 1-0 up and conceded an own goal in the 94th minute from a weak cross that Roper inexplicably nodded past his own keeper??

April/May/End of Season Review

Luton   3-0 Macclesfield
Luton   1-0 Gillingham
Lincoln 1-4 Luton
Barnet  2-1 Luton
Luton   4-1 Bournemouth
Exeter  1-2 Luton

A strong finish to the season with four wins out of five.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

With the strong finish we we able to push towards the top half, but we just ran out of time. A few more games and we might have made it.

Transfers

The loan signings were key to the season when we suffered injuries and Fleetwood and Welch were good signings.

Squad

The striker partnership of Sears and Fleetwood did the job, it was just a shame they dipped in form during the season.

Star Player

27 goals was a fantastic achievement, far more than I was expecting from this free transfer.

- League survival – 50 points - achieved

- Reach the 3rd round of FA cup – 20 points - achieved

- Make a profit in the 08/09 season – 20 points - achieved

- Reduce the wage bill by £10,000 a week – 15 points - achieved

Total - 105 points

Just going to start the challenge now!How do i get screen shots up?

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
  • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
  • Save the file as a JPEG
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

August Pre Season: Stockport 1-2 Luton.

Pre season Cup: Luton 1-4 Leverkusen

Luton 2-3 Monaco

League:Luton 2-1 Lincoln

Luton 0-3 Brentford

Luton 1-2 Chester

Luton 3-4 Barnet

Cup:Luton 0-3 Watford

Transfers:Fred Sears (loan)

Chris powell (free)

It's going to be a long hard season but all i want is to avoid relegation!

I just finished the first season. I wasn't able to do much financially, though I was pretty successful with the players. Barring some key injuries I may have won promotion.

Here is my final teams results.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s214/Oktoberfest_album/results.jpg

This will be my financial situation.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s214/Oktoberfest_album/finances.jpg

Well, got through pre-season, and did fairly well, with only two losses: 2-0 at home to QPR and an astonishing 9-1 home defeat against Villa. Basically tried to play them at their own game which was clearly suicidal. Will be much tighter in the league!

Playoffs ahoy!

After a very merry Christmas I thought I should finish off this challenge, and we've just scraped 7th position. It was a tough season but not as tough as I expected (mainly luck and a bit of form).

I'll do a full update tomorrow when i've played the playoff matches.

Squad pre-playoffs is here.

Archived