SI Community Challenge #1 - The Luton challenge: -30 to safety

Loving this challenge, put the passion back into FM09 for me!

Managed to get the Gooners as my feeder club and have loaned Simpson and Lansbury from them. My first team looks like this:

GK - Logan

DR - Gnakpa

DL - Davis

DC - Pikington

DC - Roper

MR - Newton

ML - Emanuel

MC - Lansbury

MC - Keane

ST - Simpson

ST - Parkin

Im £550k in the black due to a couple of money making home fixtures (Arsenal and Liverpool) but its taking a £150k hit a month so it will soon dry up. Trying to get rid of ther wage hogs - Morgan, McVeigh and Spring but no one wants them and they wont take a pay cut or leave through mutual termination (b@stards!).

Played 18 games and finally off negative points thanks to the 8 game unbeaten run im on.

Im loving this challenge I tell you, Loving it!!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November

Luton vs Dalington (H) 1-1

Was in the middle of changing tactics to protect my lead when they got the equaliser

Luton vs Morecombe (FA Cup A) 0-3

Out of all the cups now suppose i can concentrate on the league

Luton vs Chesterfield (A) 0-1

Proof if it was needed that i really cannot play away

Luton vs Gillingham (A) 1-2

See above

Luton vs Rotherham (A) 1-0

Much needed win against the team in 23rd. Finally out of the minuses

Its taken me 18 games but im now on nil points. Need to start climbing up the table as my FA cup defeat means that the league is the only place i can get points in this challenge

http://i39.tinypic.com/70bzi0.jpg

I'll do a review of the first 3 months of the season now then (i've already put a couple of screenshots on the previous page

Pre-Season:

Luton 0-4 Newcastle
Simply outclassed

Annan 2-1 Luton
Tough trip up to Scotland, but lost to a poor side

Albion Rovers 0-2 Luton
Brace from New signing Fleetwood as we record first win

Dungannon 0-2 Luton
Parkin and Fleetwood get the goals as Scotland tour ends in Victory

Luton 3-2 Queen of the South
It's Scotland's turn to visit Kenilworth Road this time, but a Stuart Fleetwood brace earns the win

Newtown 0-1 Luton
New loan signing Paris Cowan-Hall scores a debut goal but breaks his leg in same game (some debut!), leading to the termination of his 3 month deal.

Stockport County 2-2 Luton 
A brace from Sam Parkin earns a good draw against God's own team 

August:

Rotherham 2-2 Luton
Millers take early 2 goal lead, but O'Connor and Parkin hit back for the fake Hatters

Luton 4-5 Reading
Luton draw it level from 4 down in an incredible game, but Kevin Doyle gets his 5th of the game in the last 5 minutes to take the Royals through.

Luton 0-0 Barnet
The true opposite to the previous game, as the North London derby ends in a bore draw

Bradford 4-1 Luton
First league defeat of the season, as Sylla gives Luton early lead but Bantams hit back with 4

Luton 2-1 Lincoln
First league defeat is immediately followed by first league victory, as Parkin scores either side of a Lee Frecklington equaliser

September:

Bury 2-1 Luton
A disappointing loss at giggle lane as Andy Bishop scores the only goal of the game

Luton 4-1 Macclesfield
The most impressive performance of the season so far, as new signing Ionel Ganea, capped 45 times by his native Romania, is the shining light with 2 goals.

Rochdale 1-1 Luton
Soon to be Player of the Month Keith Treacy gives the Hatters the lead, but Dale striker Adam Le Fondre earns a point with a stoppage time equaliser.

Luton 3-0 Exeter
Ten Luton players were poor, but Ganea makes up for that with a stunning hattrick, including a goal of the season contender lob over the keeper from 30 yards. 

October (so far):

Aldershot 4-4 Luton
The away day blues strike again as Luton throw away a 4-1 lead in Hampshire, after losing Ian Roper and Sam Parkin to first half injuries.

Luton 3-0 MK Dons
Luton shock League One side MK Dons, as Franchise capitulate under the pressure of Stuart Fleetwood, as the former Forest green hitman scores one and assists 2 in a quite brilliant win

Wycombe 1-1 Luton
Luton still can't quite get 3 points away from Kenilworth Road, despite Stuart Fleetwood giving them an early lead in South Bucks, David McCracken with the headed equaliser

You certainly dont have a problem in scoring goals do you!

no. I use an attacking tactic. Plus, Fleetwood and ganea with Parkin as backup are always going to grab a few goals. I also concede a few though. The Aldershot game was simply enfuriating

so far i've completed my friendlys

i can tell you they weren't very good just as long as it doesn't carry on into the league

here they are:

Dundee 2-1Luton

Blackpool 1-0 Luton

West ham 2-0 Luton

Hartlepool 3-2 Luton

Wigan 5-0 Luton

Ipswich 5-0 Luton

bad start after losing all the matches :((need to turn it around)

ok i'll start with Transfers:

Nikolaou Marious Free

Denis Veletovac Free

Yorick Antheunis Free

Terry Dixon Free

Robert Ujcik Free

Florian Tretzmuller Free - Zwettl

Danny Pilkington Loan

Mark Bentley Free - Gillingham

Andy Marriott Free - Exeter

Fixtures

Friendly's

Torquay 1-4 Luton

Luton 0-6 Lyon

Hereford 2-1 Luton

Luton 2-1 Hamilton

Luton 4-1 Abingdon Utd

League Season

Luton 2-0 Accrington

Luton 0-3 Cardiff League Cup 1st Rd

Morcambe 1-2 Luton

Luton 1-1 Shrewsbury

Wycombe 1-2 Luton

Luton 0-1 Gillingham Johnstone Paints Trophy 1st Rd

So an excellent start to August, undefeated in the league and got manager of the month as well, so all in all a good league start, though not that bothered about the cups. hopefully will be able to keep it up as long as possible

October (continued)

Luton 5-1 Accrington
Stuart Fleetwood a class apart as Luton go 4-0 up at half time

Luton 0-0 Grimsby
A dull game in which neither team really looked like scoring

Brentford 1-0 Luton
Luton held out until the 77th minute at Kenilworth road, before Marcus Bean delivered the killer blow

Luton 4-6 Chesterfield
A simply incredible game, as Luton take a 4-0 lead within half an hour, only for Chesterfield to dominate the rest of the game and hit back with six goals. One of the comebacks of the century, shame it was against us

November:

Luton 2-2 Darlington
A headed equaliser from Claude Gnakpa enough to rescue a draw against a good Darlo side, as Luton's home form starts to slip. The signing of Jim McNulty, on a 1 month loan from Stockport, seems to tighten the defence a little

Southend 4-0 Luton
It all started so well in the JPT game until Conrad Logan completely miskicked Dennis Lawrence's backpass in the 64th minute. It went downhill from there, as Sarfend scored 3 in the last 10 minutes

Hartlepool 4-1 Luton
It seems that we're not even close to good enogh for League One, as Pools become the second League One team to put four past us in a matter of days, this time in the FA cup, including three own goals.

Dagenham & Redbridge 1-0 Luton
Back in the league, another away defeat as Anwar Uddin's second half strike sees to a half hearted Luton effort.

Notts County 1-2 Luton
The signing of Liam Dickinson on loan from Derby makes a difference, as Dicko sets up Stuart Fleetwood for the opener, as the Hatters finally record their first away win of the season. It took until the 22nd November!

Luton 1-1 Shrewsbury
Stuart Fleetwood gave Luton the lead, but Ben Hunter got the equaliser for the table toppers, which was probably deserved. By the end of November, 4 months and 18 games into the season, Luton still sit on -7 Points. There is a lot of work still to be done. 

December:

Chester 1-4 Luton
Luton claim a great win on an icy day in Cheshire, as Treacy and Dickinson run the show

Luton 1-0 Morecambe
It was tough, but a Liam Dickinson goal was enough to scrape past the shrimps

Port Vale 5-1 Luton
There is a reason why they are top of the league, and they showed it. Simply outclassed by a much better side

Luton 2-1 Gillingham
It was a great boxing day, as Liam Dickinson's last gasp header finally put the Hatters on 0 points. Our season starts here.

Bournemouth 1-1 Luton
The final game of 2008 saw a terrible mistake by Dean Brill gift the Cherries the opener. Thankfully, Dean Keates was on hand to save his blushes with the equaliser 

January:

Luton 4-1 Rotherham
In a repeat of the opening day fixture, Rotherham just couldn't cope with the Hatters firepower, namely Stuart Fleetwood who started the year with a Hat-Trick.

Lincoln 1-1 Luton
A dull game saw only two lively moments, and two goals, from Liam Dickinson and Scott Kerr.

Barnet 1-1 Luton
Luton captain Kevin Nicholls thought he'd won the derby with a superb strike, but John O'Flynn had other ideas with a 95th minute equaliser for the bees

Luton 2-2 Bury
It took a brilliant strike from loan signing Josh O'Keefe to rescue Luton, after Andy Bishop had twice been given far too much space to put the shakers noses in front.

Macclesfield 2-1 Luton
Stuart Fleetwood's opener temporarily had Luton off the bottom, but strikes from Jamie Tolley and Alan Moore put them firmly back there by the end of the match.

Luton 4-1 Rochdale
A backlash from the Macclesfield game, as goals from Fleetwood (2), O'Keefe and ganea left 'Dale stunned 

I've not put screenshots in these posts, as i've decided that i'll post all screenshots at the end of the season, including the ones that i've already posted

The Luton challenge: -30 to safety

Background

Has anyone in football ever suffered the fall from grace which Luton have? After a successful first season in the Championship following promotion from League 1 saw Luton finish in 10th place narrowly missing out on the play off’s confidence was high that maybe the team was going places.

However it was the start of the downturn, key players were sold and questions about the activities of the people running the club saw the club have a poor start to the 06/07 season and following comments about the running of the club manager Mike Newell was sacked in March. The move was not popular with fans and calls for chairman Bill Tomlins to leave increased. Kevin Blackwell was brought in and the club couldn’t get out of its poor form on the pitch and relegation to League 1 followed.

The summer saw a change of chairman with racing driver David Pinkney buying Tomlins shares in the club, players we’re brought in on high wages and despite high expectations players failed to perform and the club found itself in mid table. However then worse came in November when David Pinkney dumped the club in administration, 10 points were deducted and wages deferred. A superb spirit in the FA cup forcing a replay against Liverpool at Anfield saved the club but sale of key players to fund the club saw league form stay poor and Kevin Blackwell walked out. Luton legend Mick Harford came in but couldn’t turn it round as a poor squad of players that didn’t want to be here saw the club relegated down to League 2.

The only positive from the last season had been the new owners coming in called LTFC 2020. A consortium of Luton fans and businessmen fronted by TV personality Nick Owen gained control, however the shocking management of the past saw the wage bill be slashed to balance the books and a whole new squad was required. That wasn’t the worst challenge however.

Firstly the FA decided payments out of the wrong accounts to agents to deceive Mike Newell made by ex chairman Bill Tomlins was worthy of a 10 points deduction for the League 2 campaign, then even worse followed with a 20 point deduction followed from the football league as Luton officially left administration.

The club in a very short period build a squad of players ready for the league 2 campaign starting on minus 30 points, surely the most difficult task facing any side this season.

Scenario

The Luton board know there’s one way the club can fight back, stay in the football league. Relegation to the Blue Square premier could see the club fall off the football radar. They’ve decided you, an inexperienced manager with no previous management jobs are the person to take on the challenge.

The boards main requirement is survival, you are expected to keep the club up despite the points deduction. Any cup run is a bonus but reaching the 3rd round of the FA cup could obviously see financial reward and a good cup run can help moral with this in mind reaching the final of the Johnstone’s paint trophy at Wembley could see more reward for the club.

The club however can’t stay up at any cost, the club needs to become financially sustainable to survive in the long run so the board would like to offload some of the reaming high paid players and see the club at least break even. It’s all an art of balancing financial stability and on pitch performance.

Rules

- Must start with past experience of ‘Sunday league footballer’

- Any leagues and database size may be loaded

Points will be rewarded for the following criteria:

- League survival – 50 points

- Top half finish – 65 points

- Beaten play off’s – 80 points

- Promotion – 90 points

- Title winner – 100 points

- Reach the 3rd round of FA cup – 20 points

- Reach the final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy – 20 points

- Make a profit in the 08/09 season – 20 points

- Reduce the wage bill by £10,000 a week – 15 points

I've finally taken up this challenge. Very tricky indeed. Loving it so far though. Will keep everyone informed soon.

December

Luton vs Bournemouth (H) 1-1

Another team that had points docked at the start of the season, a well earned draw

Luton vs Accrington (H) 2-1

Spilliane scores an impressive double to move me off the bottom of the table

Luton vs Rochdale (A) 1-1

Satisfactory draw against top of the league

Luton vs Notts County (H) 2-0

A routine victory

Luton vs Macclesfield (A) 0-0

A disappointing draw against a side one place above me

Transfers

Hope to offload a few players in the January window. Made my first signing, snapping up Robbie fowler on a free transfer.

Table

http://i43.tinypic.com/2db9flk.jpg

Off the foot and 4 points from safety

quick update as my comp is slow as hell:

Luton 1-1 Notts Co

Macclesfield 2-1 Luton

Luton 0-0 Port Vale

Barnet 0-2 Luton

Lincoln 4-0 Luton

Luton 3-0 Rotherham

So i'm doing alright still though was gutted bout losing to Lincoln but all in all happy so far

Thought I'd have a bash at this (even if it is late!) my.php?image=luton1bw1.jpg

Had a pretty dreadful pre-season, recording 2 draws and 4 losses as follows..

Luton 0-6 Galatasaray

Luton 0-1 Kilmarnock

Luton 0-0 Burnley

Luton 0-0 Crystal Palace

Luton 1-3 Brighton

Luton 1-6 Aston Villa

Managed to strengthen the team also, with a couple of loan signings and a few free transfers. Managed to get Arsenal as a parent club also.

Transfers In

Henri Lanbury (Loan, from Arsenal)

Shaleum Logan (Loan, from Man City)

Paul Furlong (Free, from Southend)

Malcolm Christie (Free, from Leeds)

Ange Lorougnon (Free)

Mark Bentley (Free, from Gillingham)

Transfers Out

Dean Brill (Swansea, 10k)

The main bad news from the friendlies were the injuries; Captain Kevin Nicholls is out injured with Fractured Ribs for 1-3 months, Sam Parkin injured with the same injury as Kevin Nicholls, and Kevin Watson injured for 1-3 months with a Torn Groin Muscle.

Think this challenge will definately prove to be very challenging!!

Just started this challenge and after a pre-season to forget including a 6-0 and 6-1 defeat to Man City and Fulham respectively and unconvinving draws to Swansea and Eastbourne Boro, the season began.

I did manage to get the mighty Gooners as a parent club and they kindly sent me Rhys Murphy and Fran Merida on loan.

League

August Played 4 Won 3 Drawn 1 (no manager of the month)

1st game away at Rochdale unconvincing 2-1 win and its -27 pts (Rhys Murphy, V Rennella)

2nd game away at Exeter and a scrappy 1 all draw -26 pts (10 men and Merida with the equaliser)

3rd game Home to Accrington a nice 3-1 win (Murphy, Rennella, Fernandez) -23pts

4th game Home to Grimsby a lucky 2-1 win (Murphy & Fernandez) -20pts

September Played 4 Won 3 Lost 1

5th game Home to Bury 1-0 win (Fernandez) -17pts

6th game Away to Macclesfield 2-0 win (Fernandez x2) -14pts

7th game Home to Barnet 2-1 win (Fernandez x2) -11pts

8th game Away to Darlington 2-1 loss (Fernandez)(man sent off 11th min):mad: -11pts

October Played 1 Won 1 sp far

9th game Home to Bournemouth 3-1 win (Fernandez x3) -8pts (2nd from bottom)

League Cup

Over before it began a 3-0 defeat to Coventry (in was only 2-0 in pre-season)

JP Trophy

Home to Bournmouth 2-0 win (Parkin, Zerara)

Home to MK Dons 1-0 win (Murphy)

Will keep you updated on progress.

January

Luton vs Lincoln (A) 0-1

Disappointing debut from fowler

Luton vs Exeter (H) 0-0

Had enough chances but couldn’t break the deadlock. Was shocked to see that Logan’s loan deal has expired

Luton vs Shrewsbury (H) 0-0

Brill has now accepted a contract at killie, luckily only at the end of the season.

Another poor game

Luton vs Morecombe (A) 0-5

Tried a 4-3-3 formation, it failed spectacularly. I hate Morecombe

Luton vs Bury (A) 1-4

Will this month ever end? To be fair they are top of the league

Luton vs Port Vale (H) 3-3

Well that was a surprise 1 down to 2-1 up and a final flurry led to this

http://i41.tinypic.com/vpusz7.jpg

A terrible month and at this rate ill be lucky to avoid relegation

February

Luton vs dag and red (A) 1-0

Finally got a win, not hard when you consider it was against a team that hasn’t won in 16. Parkin missed a penalty so I could have had more

Luton vs Brentford (H) 2-1

Robbie fowler came off the bench to net the winner

Luton vs Grimsby (A) 0-4

Heavy defeat brings my mini revival to an end

Luton vs Chester (H) 1-0

Their main striker got injured in the first minute and they rarely troubled us

Luton vs Aldershot (H) 0-1

Lost an even game

March

Luton vs Bradford (A) 0-2

Outclassed by a team challenging for the title

Luton vs Wycombe (A) 1-6

Pathetic, parkin got injured and we didn’t recover

Luton vs Barnet (H) 0-2

Anither striking injury, this time to Martin

Luton vs Darlington (A) 0-5

Cant buy a win atm

Luton vs Chesterfield (H) 2-1

OMG WTF After going 1 down I surge back to pull out of the relegation zone

Luton vs Rotherham (H) 0-2

Back to the usual poor performances

http://i43.tinypic.com/4q0xar.jpg

Its 22nd or bust now, Notts County are just as poor if not worse than me. My last 2 games are against them and Macclesfield but hopefully I should be safe by then

scunthope 1-0 luton F.A Cup 1st Rnd

luton 2-3 exeter

gillingham 1-1 luton

brentford 1-0 luton

luton 1-1 dag & Red

starting to lose a lot more now and i think i'll struggle to move from bottom as rotherham are winning more games now and bournemouth are moving up the table more and more

Further update..

October Played 6 Won 4 1 Draw (manager of the Month)

9th game Home to Bournemouth 3-1 win (Fernandez x3) -8pts (2nd from bottom)

10th game Away to Gillingham 1-0 win (Fernandez) -5pts

11th game Home to Rotherham 3-2 win (Balde x2, Jarvis) -2pts

12th game Away to Shrewsbury 2-2 draw (Parkin, Sears) -1pt

13th game Home to Chesterfield 2-0 win (Assoumani, Hewson) 2pts

14th game Away to Port Vale 2-0 win (Zerara, Murphy) 5pts

November Played 4 Won 4 (manager of the Month)

15th game Home to Wycombe 2-0 win (O.G, Fernandez) 8pts

16th game Away to Aldershot 2-0 win (Murphy x2) 11pts

17th game Home to Chester 3-0 win (Rennella, Murphy x2) 14pts

18th game Home to Bradford 1-0 win (Fernandez) 17pts

December Played

19th game Away to Brentford 2-0 win (Rennella, Nicholls) 20pts 18th place

FA Cup

1st Round Home to Eastbourne Boro 2-0 win (Bedrossian, Fernandez)

2nd Round Away to Brentford 1-1 draw (Rennella)

2nd Round Replay Home to Brentford 2-1 win (Sears, Hewson)

JP Trophy

1st Round Home to Bournmouth 2-0 win (Parkin, Zerara)

2nd Round Home to MK Dons 1-0 win (Murphy)

Quarter Final Away to Leicester 3-2 win (Bedrossian, Murphy, Fernandez)

In the Transfer window I have Robbie Fowler, Nicolas Olivera, and Miguel Rebosio coming.

April

Luton vs Bournemouth (A) 0-1

Luton vs Gillingham (H) 0-0

Neither side really had chances

Luton vs Accrington (A) 1-2

Luton vs Rochdale (H) 2-0

A fantastic win. A point is all that is necessary against Notts County

Luton vs Notts County (A) 1-0

After a nervy game it seemed the match would end level, but with the final kick of the game tony kane netted the winner

May

Luton vs Macclesfield (H)

2 goals in the last 10 minutes rescued a side rooted to the foot of the table

So there you have it. I have done the absolute minimum and completed the challenge

Final league table

http://i40.tinypic.com/29m6t8k.jpg

Manager overview

http://i44.tinypic.com/2h3mwcg.jpg

This shows that i finished the season in the red, was slightly over my wage budget and was eliminated from the cups at the earliest opportunity

FINAL SCORE 50 POINTS

Bring on SI challenge 2

Further update..

December Played 5 won 5 (Manager of the month)

19th game Away to Brentford 2-0 win (Rennella, Nicholls) 20pts 18th place

20th game Away to Notts County 3-0 win (OG, Gnakpa, Murphy) 23pts

21st game Home to Lincoln 1-0 win (Fernandez) 26pts

22nd game Away to Dag & Red 1-0 win (Assoumani) 29pts

23rd game Home to Morecombe 3-1 win (Zerara, Fernandez, OG) 32pts

January Played 5 Won 3 Drawn 2

24th game Home to Exeter 2-1 win (Zerara, Murphy) 35pts

25th game Away to Accrington 2-0 win (Murphy, OG) 38pts

26th game Home to Rochdale 2-2 draw (Fernandez, Fowler) 39pts

27th game Away to Bury 1-1 draw (Ali) 40pts

28th game Home to Macclesfield 2-1 win (Ali, Rennella) 7th 43pts

Febraury

29th game Away to Barnet 1-1 draw (Urdinov) 44pts

30th game Home to Darlington 1-1 draw (Zerara) 45pts

31st game Away to Grimsby 0-0 draw 46pts in 8th

FA Cup

1st Round Home to Eastbourne Boro 2-0 win (Bedrossian, Fernandez)

2nd Round Away to Brentford 1-1 draw (Rennella)

2nd Round Replay Home to Brentford 2-1 win (Sears, Hewson)

3rd Round Away to Sheff Utd 2-2 draw (Olivera, Zerara)

3rd Round Replay Home to Sheff Utd 1-0 win (Fernandez)

4th Round Away to Yeovil 2-0 win (Keane, OG)

5th Round Home to Chelsea 3-1 defeat (Cup run over) (Fernandez)

JP Trophy

Southern Section

1st Round Home to Bournmouth 2-0 win (Parkin, Zerara)

2nd Round Home to MK Dons 1-0 win (Murphy)

Quarter Final Away to Leicester 3-2 win (Bedrossian, Murphy, Fernandez)

Semi Final Away to Brighton 1-1 draw Howells (won 4-2 on Pens)

Final 1st Leg Away to Swindon 3-3 draw (Fernandez x3)

Final 2nd Leg Home to Swindon 2-2 draw (Olivera, Zerara) won on Away goals

Final Leeds

Transfer window signings.

Nicolas Olivera Veracruz Free

Robbie Fowler Blackburn Free

Shapoul Ali NEC Free

Miguel Rebosio C Vallejo Free

Vaclav Kadlec Sparta Prague Free

I'm going to give this until the end of this week before finishing it and starting a new one, that'll give people a chance to finish off their current games.

A table will be put up at the end of that but currently there are only a handful of people who have completed a season.

Final Update

February Played 6 Won 2 Drawn 4

29th game Away to Barnet 1-1 draw (Urdinov) 44pts

30th game Home to Darlington 1-1 draw (Zerara) 45pts

31st game Away to Grimsby 0-0 draw 46pts in 8th

32nd game Home to Shrewsbury 2-1 win (Ali) 49pts

33rd game Away to Bournemouth 2-2 draw (Murphy, Fernandez) 50pts

34th game Home to Gillingham 3-1 win (Murphy, Fernandez x2) 53pts

March Played 6 Won 5 Drawn 1 (Manager of the Month)

35th game Away to Rotherham 2-1 win (Fernandez, Zerara) 56pts

36th game Away to Chesterfield 2-0 win (Olivera, Urdinov) 59pts

37th game Home to Port Vale 4-1 win (Fernandez x4) 62pts

38th game Away to Wycombe 1-0 win (Zerara) 65pts

39th game Away to Bradford 3-0 win (Fernandez x2, Murphy) 68pts

40th game Away to Brentford 1-1 draw (Murphy) 69pts

April Played (Manager of the Month)

41st game Home to Aldershot 3-2 win (Frnandez x2, Zerara) 72pts

42nd game Away to Chester 2-2 draw (Ali x2) 73pts

43rd game Home to Notts County 4-0 win (Kadlec, Rennella x2, Gould) 76pts

44th game Away to Lincoln 2-1 win (Rennella, Habdas) 79pts

45th game Home to Dag & Red 3-0 win (Fernandez x2, Rennella) 82pts

May

46th game Away to Morecombe 1-1 draw (Fernandez) 83pts "CHAMPIONS"

JP Trophy Final

Disappointing 3-1 defeat to Leeds (Fernandez)

Top Players

Alex Fernandez

http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=afernandezlutonlegendvj7.jpg

Challenge Summary

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lutons1zx6.jpg

Champions 100 pts

JPT Final 20pts

FA Cup 3rd Round 20pts

Profit 20pts

Reduce wage bill 10k 0pts

Total 160pts

Bring on the next SI Challenge (until then League 1 beckons)

The board are so stupid they couldn't find a suitable parent club, i really need one as well then i may get some good loan signings.

going to sign soley approached him with a offer below what he was asking he rejected, so offered again he wanted more so going to have to leave it a while and hopefully he get desperate!!

however im six games in... and doing awful got 8 points so on -22, won 2, drawn 2, lost 2, score 3 conceded 4.

knocked out by Plymouth in 1st round of league cup 4 - 0.

3 - 1 penalty win against Barnet in JPT.

just woundering what patch are people using, im using 8.0.0 are the players rated any better on other ones?

Wow, I think that's gonna be tough to beat , how on Earth did you win the league?

I'll second that - I thought I had this wrapped up finishing just outside of the playoffs...you must have signed some bloody good players. Well done!

Winning the league was quite lucky really, and it went to the final game which I drew and luckily so Darlington.

Transfers,

I brought in Alex Fernandez and as you can see from the upload he is fantastic 40 goals in 50 games.

Rennella was great for the right wing, with Zerara on the left both score the odd goal and get numerous assists

Formation

A combined tactic using the frameworks of the Razor 1.1 tactic and Role Theory 123 tactic so essentially a 442

Team

Gk Brill (awesome for this level)

RB Gnapka, Adjaye (from January Rebosio)

LB the mighty Jake Howells

CB Assoumani

CB Manu Mico (re-trained)

RM Rennella

LM Zerara

CM (att) Bedrossian (from January Nicolas Olivera)

CM (Def) Nicholls Keane Hewson (Man Utd)

Att Fernandez

Att Rhys Murphy

Loans in

Sam Hewson

Freddie Sears

Rhys Murphy

Fran Merida

Worst buy Robbie Fowler (good for tutoring only)

Right seeing as the deadline is very soon, decided to speed play my way through this one, which almost payed off brilliantly.

League

The league started well enough, and getting Arsenal as a parent club and signing Henri Lansbury on a long term loan was one of my 1st major acts. Finally got out of negative figures just before the New Year, and climbed steadily out of trouble for there on in. Stumbling at the end of the season cost me a play-off spot by 3 points though :(

Cups and Finances

Defeated in JPT and Carling Cup 1st rounds, but gained luck in the FA Cup drawing 2 non-league teams in succession before falling to Bristol City in round 3.

No real control on finances but the wage budget hardly increased form the start of the season, so at least there was some positives.

Top half finish: 65

3rd round of FA cup: 20

Total - 85 points

Archived