Queens Park Rangers - Where money is no issue.

haza555

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah. I lost my first match of the season home to Southampton. Not the way i planned on starting. Got two easy games coming up so hopefully will take wins in both of them and get my team on the way to the title.

January transfer window coming up and heres my deals

Selling:

Miles Addison-4 million

Aaron Lennon-4.8 Million-playing pretty well actually, but his wages are 69,000 a week, no way does he deserve that

Neymar-this is not confirmed im just going to get rid of him whatever it takes, a true locker room cancer

Ben Foster-part of an exchange deal

and I'm buying

John Obi Mikel-8 million+4 million after 40 league appearances

Victor Obinna from inter reserves-800,000+Ben Foster

Obinna wants half of Lennon's wages, is faster stronger, better mentally and same technically so im hoping he adapts quickly to the english game.

Ah, Evon you must be playing an earlier patch, when Tim Flowers was still there. He's a good assistant to have, I was left with an assistant called Oliveira. I assume he was a casualty of the Paulo Sousa spell at Q.P.R. Worst thing was is that you can't get rid of him for a season.

I'm on the third update, the game tends to need updating, so when it's box-fresh it's already out of date in many cases. I'm suprised yours isn't though. Steam gives you the update patch to start with, doesn't it?

Yeah I started on an earlier patch but I did update so that stupid training system has kicked in. I think. I started my game waaaay way back. I just tend to take months to get through a season.

Ahh yeah I get you know. I've got 7 for goalkeeping, and 6 for everything else although my fitness just went down by one star so I'm looking to get Roberto Carlos in as he's got good stats for fitness and the mental ones too. I'm hoping that as the game progresses the players who retire turn into those 7* coaches that the game is missing.

christ, january 7 2012, and it is not only south american olympic qualification, but also african cup of nations

Victor Obinna, John Obi Mikel, Alex Teixiera, Franco Zuculini, and Eduardo Salvio are all gone probably till atleast february, and Dentinho would be gone if he wasn't injured 6 weeks, and Riquelme just got back from 2 month hip injury absense and is in no condition to play! might have to blood some random U-18s

February 2011, my team is 3 points off a playoff spot. Not quite the team i was expecting to challenge for the title. Still don't look as though they have gelled and a large majority of the players want to leave the club for bigger ones :-/

However things are looking up after i came back from a 2-0 defecit to beat ipswich 3-2 at portman road!

Beat forest who were 6th and am now only 1 point from playoff!

i'm thinking of managing qpr again. Last time i cheated and added more money to get a few extra players and in the second season I had 500k to spend. This was because I was in the red for a lot of the first season. If i don't cheat will this still happen? I'm guessing because of the owners I should get a lot of money...

damn man united must be impossible to beat at home! It was a two-two tie, i came back from 2-0 down after two counter attack goals from necid, and then in the 91st minute-GASP I actually got a penalty! New signing Vanden Borre took up to take it and nailed it in! I was amazed i actually thought the impossible was about to be achieved, beating Man Utd at Old Trafford. I have never done it before, despite three one goal leads with only 2 minutes of extra time left. Well. The streak continues. Fellani got his second yellow, and sent off and GASP o its a free kick right on the edge of the area. perfect. it is 94 minutes despite only 93 minutes of extra time. And of course, Judas himself, my former player Simon Vukcevic steps up, and drains in the equalizer.

Another fluke tie I got was up 4-3 at old trafford, Man U gets a corner, I clear it to 45 yards out---but wait Rooney happens to be standing right there and hits an impossible curling 45 yard volley straight in to the net to tie the game.

I just can't get the Victory over them at home!!!

holy shit

first leg champions league first knockout round vs inter, I thought I was screwed.

Well the first leg I won at home 5-1. 5-1 vs Inter freakin Milan!!!! I wonder how much my teams stature will raise after that one. It seems like buying players who step up in big games is a good investment! Nearly the whole squad stepped up with 8s!!!

After judicious use of the editor to reflect latest player releases/instances of players becoming unsettled etc, I started a new game with 16.25 million pounds and decided to play an attacking-minded 4-4-2 with a high back line, playing offside. I sold Blackstock, Mahon, Leigertwood and Stewart right away.

I focused on the defence and midfield, buying two monster DCs -- Miranda and Caceres (the Paraguyan 29-year-old) -- as well as Rat. I got Seitaridis, the unsettled Greek DR/WBR on loan and bought Scotti. In midfield, I went for Appiah on a free, Lyon DMC Fabio Santos on loan, snapped up Maniche (a star buy) as well as Strakhonovich and Krivets, the Belarussians. Up front I goofed badly with Adriano from Shakhtar (who IRL scored the first goal in the UEFA Cup final this year) and Benitez. However I play these two I cannot get them to score. They stand around in the area with the ball at their feet and wait to be dispossessed. It's infuriating. I also bought Salvio.

It is now late December in my first season and I am top by about 10 points, thanks in large part to my fantastic defenders and a 100 percent home record. My two top scorers with seven goals each are the DCs. The strikers now have eight goals between them.

The surprises so far have come on the right wing, where Rowlands and Seitaridis are good and Routledge is lousy. On the left, Krivets is doing well, but Cook is badly overrated.

I have Zuculini and the keeper Erick Delgado coming in on Jan 1st. I can't get anyone else interested in joining me but that will change once I'm promoted. I desperately need a striker and will look closely at Alex Teixeira (spelling?), the young Brazilian. I am selling Agyemang/Vine/Helguson/Hall/Maguire/Gorkss/Connolly because while they may be good enough for the Championship, they're clearly not good enough for the Premiership.

My team is pretty settled:

GK - Cerny (perfectly good enough for the Championship)

DL - Rat (back-up Delaney)

DR - Seitaridis (Ramage/Scotti)

DC - Miranda (Scotti)

DC - Caceres (Delaney)

MR - Rowlands

ML - Krivets (Strakhonovich)

MC - (attacking) Maniche (Taarabt/Rowlands/Strakhonovich)

MC - (defensive) Santos (Appiah/Jordi)

FC - Adriano/Ephraim (I know, I'm desperate)

FC - Benitez/Salvio

I succumbed to pressure in the January transfer window and sold Maniche to Sporting for 6.75 million pounds. With the cash I bought Schneiderlin, Moreno (a handy AMC/R/L), the Brazilian DR/L Ricardo, the Russian SC Frolov and the Romanian SC Alibec. I have an ageing Swiss DMC (Castelli? I forget the name) coming in on a free in the summer but no one else wants to join me.

With 33 games gone I'm still about 10 points ahead of the rest, thanks to a perfect home record. In the FA Cup I put out a second string team against West Brom in the fourth round and drew 1-1 thanks to brilliant keeping from Delgado as well as a goal from Alibec, who I paid just 40,000 pounds for. We beat WBA at home in the replay to set up an away tie against Blackburn. I hit the counter-attack button and watched as Scotti scored a hat trick of corners to give us a 3-2 win -- never seen a defender notch three in a single game before. I think we have Everton in the quarter finals.

Reading through this thread all morning and i have decided to give these a try out, I'll be using the Weegie update to do this.

9M to spend after telling the board i want to finish in the top half.. I think i should have gone promotion for a couple extra millions but i don't ride my luck with the teams in the championship as anything can happen with me in charge in that league!

The following players are the one i wish to offload asap:

L. Camp

M. Leigertwood

G. Barrowdale

M. O'Brien

R. Rose

W. Routledge

R. Vine

P. angyemang

H. Helguson

At this moment in time i am unsure as to who else i should get rid of until i start signing the players i want.

GK, CB, LB(maybe), CM/AM, RM, ST is what i aiming to sign.

Well just into August after signing some potential players which should be good enough to go up.

It was a very busy window to say the least with all of the 9M being spent & the whole of the wage budget being used up with just about 500 pounds left! I will start with the players that i've signed.

The first signing was Joe Mattock for 2.5m from newly promoted Leicester who will slot into my 1st team right away. Carlos Lazaro was signed from a spanish club Valladolid for 220k which was his release clause, He's a DM/CM with potential to become a good premier league player but has to have a place on the bench this season due to heavy competition. Also brought in my personal favorite, Tales. Signing for 3.8M(including sell on and so much after 12 months) Who again, will slot into the team right away. Insua was brought in on loan as i look to sell Dalenay whenever someone will offer for him but right now he's being used a CB back up for Gorkss. Signed 2 amazing ST's in called Laurito(900k) and Benitez(1.5m) which both will slide into the team right away which i should see loads of goals coming from the 2 this season. Usually take time to settle but once that happens they are beasts!

I have got 3 players coming in Janurary. 250k future signing Marco Perez the 17 year old Colombian Striker who will provide cover for the new arrivals Laurito and Benitez while i look to sell on Blackstock/Vine/Balanta. Erik Delgado is the Goalkeeper i will be signing he will take Cernys place in the starting XI and looking to sell on Camp. Franco Zuculini will be the 3rd and final signing of the season(ill stick to my word no more players) Settling for a place on the bench and he was signed for 500k.

Total: 9M

So far, the players that i managed to sell on i was very happy about because i didn't think i would get so much interest in them. Romone Rose was the first to leave Loftus Road signing for 14k to Torquay, Agyemang was then sold on to Burnley for 425k, I quickly accepted that deal as they was the only club in for him and what a deal it was, Can't see him getting any games in the premier league though. Gavin Mahon & Mikele Leigertwood was sold to Cardiff 240k & 500k repectivaly. Last but not least Damien Stewart was sold onto Ipswich for 250k.. i know i could have got more but i was in the rush to free up wages for Benitez.

Total: 1.4M

Results so far

So far its going to what i expected to start like but only 3 games gone i managed to win my opening game at home to Coventry 3-1. Cook set the season with a header on the 26th min, Coventrys Elliot Ward made it 2-0 with an own goal then just after the break Fitz hall from a cook cross from a corner made it 3-0.. Michael Doyle pulled one back for them in the last min.

Won Wycombe away in the League cup 1st round 4-0, All of the goals coming in Extra time. I usually skip the cup matches unless they are against one of the top 4. But the goals were from Benitez, Buzsaky, Conolly and a own goal from Clohessy.

Then came a 2-1 loss away to Crystal Palace. I started off well with Fitz Hall putting me infront on the 25th min then after half time the lead went down the pan and i lost with the goals from Kuqi and Senda for me to have the 1st loss of my season but i am hoping to bounce back.

So there you go my first ''little'' update. Sorry if it was in too much detail! :)

ok its start of 5th season for me.

I just won the treble!!! League, FA Cup and Champions league! After getting lucky beating Inter 5-1 at home in the first knockout round and progressing on a 6-4 aggregate, I was also lucky to draw Arsenal and then Chelsea who I have figured out how to stop already, and in the final I was up against a weak Lyon side that I have no idea how they got there.

So it was a lucky run with draws in my favor but I'll take what I can get!

Anyways the club gave me a massive 92 million dollar transfer kitty and a massive 1.5 million wage bill.

I just don't know what to do with all this money.

My midfield of Mikel and Fellani, with Zuculini and Delph also seems pretty good, however Miguel Veloso is unsettled at Inter, should I ship off Delph and bring him in?

I am also after a winger, right or left, a world class one, an elite one, David Silva and Ribery are my targets but can anyone reccomend any better. Striker I am set with Necid, and Dentinho, Obinna or Teixiera able to fill in there.

I want Kaka but Milan won't sell. What are the best superstars in the game 5-6th season???

Jesus.. Laurito and Benitez? You should have no problems with goals. Unless they both want to up and leave like all my young players.

Start of season 4 - Ended up losing to Bolton in the playoff semis so another season in the championship probably due to holiday-ing again :p

However staying in the championship is annoying. Beevers, Mattock, Zuculini and Baxter all want to leave for bigger clubs. Will hopefully make over £10m if i sell them all though. Bookies have put me as one the favourites to go up so hopefully i can.

So far my first team looks like:

GK - Kern(regen)

DR - Zuculini / Halford

DL - Mattock / Gibbs

DC - Beevers / Killgallon / Davenport / Ramage

MR - Barazite / Sarki

ML - McSheffrey / Jacob Mares(quality, cheap + versatile, check him out)

MC - Garvan, Lallana, Howard, Buzsaky

FC - Manucho, Beckford, Miller, Nemeth, Balanta

Had a £1.9m offer accepted for Pennant, will probably sign him and move Barazite to either a striker or centre midfielder. I imagine my team won't look like that by the start of the season as so many want to leave!

Had to release Mattock, got £5m for him which is fair. Killgallon has been made captain and doesnt want to leave any more. Zuculini also wants to stay which is great news.

Only played three games of the new season but so far so good. 3 Games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets!

There is quite a few very good teams in the league this season. I have adopted a 4-4-1-1 to compete away from home against the big teams. Lallana playing as the AMC and doing a very good job of it with 4 goals in 5 games!

Captured the signing of Franco Di Santo from Chelsea on deadline day because i thought Miller, Beckford and Nemeth were all on their way out. They all rejected the clubs who bid for them so now i have a surplus of strikers. Di Santo and Manucho will probably be the first choice though.

As i was quitting my game earlier i went to click cancel but clicked don't save instead. Missed the last month i played :@

Gonna try and get Di Santo again. Hopefully i can actually get rid of the others this time.

I started a new game with QPR recently. Currently in January of Season One and I'm sitting on top of the table by two points from Reading with a game in hand.

Playing a modified Rafa-esque 4-2-3-1 which has seen some great results most noticeably a 3-0 win against Liverpool in Anfield in the League Cup quarter final.

Preseason transfer dealings saw Bradley Orr sign from Bristol City for 1.8m, Sergio Matabuena sign for Sporting for 170K, Joe Mattock sign from Leicester for 1.5m plus Agyemang and Blackstock, Steven Fletcher sign from Hibs for 2m, Sergey Krivets sign from BATE for 400K, Steven Appiah arrive on a free transfer, David Ferreira arrive from Atletico Paranaense for 1.6m and James McCarthy sign from Hamilton for 750K. Mark Randall and Darren Gibson came in on loan from Arsenal and Man Utd respectively.

Along with Agyemang and Blackstock out went Damion Stewart, Gavin Mahon, Mikele Leigertwood and Martin Rowlands for about 2 million quid. A few reserves and youth players were released on free transfers to trim the wage bill.

In January Franco Zuculini arrived from Racing Cub for 250k while Rowan Vine and Kaspars Gorkss were both allowed to leave for Ipswich for a combined total of 600k as they hadn't featured much for the first team.

Starting team:

------------ Radek Cerny-------------------

Orr ----- Hall -------- Connolly --- Mattock-

--------Appiah ----- Matabuena------------

Krivets---------Buzsaky ------- Cook-------

---------------Fletcher --------------------

I retrained Fletcher as an attacking midfielder as sometimes if we're struggling to unlock a defence I drop him back as he has high stats for creativity, passing, long shots and dribbling and use Helguson as a battering ram.

Stars so far include Fitz Hall who has netted 8 in 25, Fletcher who has scored an incredible 21 from 24 starts and Lee Cook who has 12 assists in 25.

So far so good. Roll on the premiership!

JUST SIGNED KAKA!!! 113 million, 170,000 a week. EPIC. His description is "Legendary midfielder"

WOOOOOOOOOO

I think he isnt worth that much considering he is already reaching the end of his prime and entering the twilight of his career.

Nevertheless, enjoy your signing. You just lived up to what the thread title states... QPR... reallly, money is no issue. :cool:

yeh he just got hurt for 4 weeks lol. He is a legendary midfielder though (in his description) and I already have talent at every position, so when the board gave me 92 million after winning the treble, I just told myself I would get the most high profile player possible to come. Messi, Ribery, Van Der Vart, all turned us down, Kaka was the only one willing to come:D and this is after he just won world player of the year and Ballon d'or in the game

21st December 2011 on my game. I'm second in the league, three points off Newcastle at the top. Somehow managed to get to the league cup semi final and will have to play United! Hopefully i can put pressure on Newcastle and take the top spot off them. Think its gonna be hard to keep all my stars in January though.

Finished my first season top of the league by a mile.

Surprisingly managed to win the league cup. After knocking out Liverpool in the quarter finals I turned over a 2 goal deficit by trouncing Man Utd 4-0 at home before beating Everton 2-1 in the final. Couldn't believe it.

qpr1.png

qpr2.png

qpr3.png

With the draw of European Football I can attract some decent players but to be honest I don't want to carve up my team too much. I usually buy entire new teams after getting promotion but this time I think I've a pretty decent team. I might go for 3 or 4 decent signings who can go straight into the first team rather than just fillng out the squad. Also I think I'm going to adopt a Buy-British policy if I can. I'd like to build up a team of strong talented British talent rather than foreign 'mercenaries'.

Here we go.

January has come and i've dipped into the transfer market. Signed Martin Galvan for £2.6m. Quality player, goal and an assist on his debut!

However i think i'm going to try and offload Gibbs and Beevers. Neither of them will sign new deals and will probably leave on Bosmans if i don't sell them now.

Just drew 1-1 away at United in the first leg of our league cup tie. Hopefully i can steal a win at home and then who knows what could happen in the final!

Ended up 2nd in the league. Promoted to the Prem :D

Hope i get a decent budget to sign some top class players next season. Already landed Lennon for 500k so he should help me on the wings. Any recomendations are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

So I won the championship by about 15 points and was given 30 million pounds for a top half Premiership finish and spent loads of money on loads of good players and then thought: "This just isn't realistic". There's no way Maniche would have signed for me on a free in real life at the start and Santos couldn't have got a work permit. So I'm going to go back to the beginning and start again from where QPR do start in 9.03. But I might give myself Bojinov on a season's loan. That's realistic.

I've just been promoted and I'm leading the league by goal difference with 2 games to go. It was a struggle getting to first place at all as Reading lead the table for most of the season. So I can't understand how people manage to win the Championship so easily. I am on a different patch and my strikers don't like scoring many goals but I also have the likes of Rivas and Ciurlizza in my team. And I also have Steven Fletcher but he only has about 16 goals which seems pretty pathetic considering how much I paid for him. Oh and Abreu who is deteriorating fast with 12 goals. And there's 46 games in the league and a few more cup games which makes their goal record pretty bad.

I've just been promoted and I'm leading the league by goal difference with 2 games to go. It was a struggle getting to first place at all as Reading lead the table for most of the season. So I can't understand how people manage to win the Championship so easily. I am on a different patch and my strikers don't like scoring many goals but I also have the likes of Rivas and Ciurlizza in my team. And I also have Steven Fletcher but he only has about 16 goals which seems pretty pathetic considering how much I paid for him. Oh and Abreu who is deteriorating fast with 12 goals. And there's 46 games in the league and a few more cup games which makes their goal record pretty bad.

My QPR team didn't actually score that many when they were promoted. They just didn't let many in -- 27 in 46 games, to be precise. If you buy Rat as the DL, Scotti as the DR, Miranda and Caceres as the DCs and then pick up GK Erick Delgaro on a free at the turn of the year you'll be laughing. Miranda ended up my second highest scorer with 12, just behind the maddeningly inconsistent Benitez on 14. Many of my games ended in 1-0 or 2-1 victories.

So I won the championship by about 15 points and was given 30 million pounds for a top half Premiership finish and spent loads of money on loads of good players and then thought: "This just isn't realistic". There's no way Maniche would have signed for me on a free in real life at the start and Santos couldn't have got a work permit. So I'm going to go back to the beginning and start again from where QPR do start in 9.03. But I might give myself Bojinov on a season's loan. That's realistic.

I also started on the 903 patch, but set myself the subgoal to keep the team British/Irish. This way, you keep the game more realistic IMHO. Besides, it also makes it more challenging and thus more fun to play.

Won the Championship with a 3 goal margin on Reading (lost quite a lot of my final matches). For my first season in the EPL, I mostly acquired young English and Welsh players (11 in total). Some were to fit into my team straight away, some are there for the future. I was given 30M euros to spend, but I 'only' spend 20M of that to keep my finances healthy.

Currently, after 23 matches played, I'm in joint 9th position, but looking downwards. Maybe next year, I need to get some South American flair in so we can aim higher. Then again, achieving European qualification with a British team also sounds as quite an achievement.

I've finally won the Championship by 2 or 3 points from Reading. I finished off against Derby winning 3-2 after a first hattrick from Fletcher. Good timing too as he reached 20 goals for the season in 40 appearances and is now my top scorer for the season having overtaken Rivas. All in one game. Derby only got those 2 goals from a cheap penalty and a stupid goal. My team have the best goals for and goals against record, Rivas has the joint most man of the match awards along with Doyle and Ledesma has the most assists for the Championship. Good season. Too bad I'm going to have to replace at least 3 players. Any idea what budget I'd get in Season 2 on the 9.01 patch database?

who would you buy/sell right at start of season 1, going to try and get QPR best team in world...

Dentinho, Silviu Lung Jr, Ferrie Bodde, Daniel Opare, Daniel Parejo, Alex Teixiera, Fabian Delph, Fabian Monzon, Victor Irineu, Joe Mattock, Steven Appiah, Morgan Schneiderlin, Marquinhos from Palmerias, Fredrico Laurito, Andrea Poli, Celso Borges, Mark Beevers, Razvan Ochirichi, Jack Rodwell, James Vaugn, Ishmael Miller, Davide Santon...

I haven't been on this thread to update on my progress for ages now... Anyway I got in to season 3 with QPR in the Premiership and Champions League after finishing 2nd in my debut season in the Premiership!. Brought in some fantastic players (just the ones i can remember) which included Ben Foster on a free (2nd season), Akinfeev for about 15 million (3rd), Keirrison (2nd), Beckford on a Free (3rd), Laurito (3rd), Carrizo (3rd), Danny Grainger on a Free (3rd) and Mark Beavers (3rd), and some more.

However I did make one mistake from the start, I looked for the best players which were generally not english, which when playing in the Champions League are needed and instead of using regens which were abismal i brought in a few young english talent.

I haven't played the game after losing interest and with exams :(, but having downloaded the weegie update, I will be returning to QPR in hope of emulating previous successes, with the added bonus of new teams in the league and new players to buy.

Morning chaps.

Never played with QPR before so had a good read through the thread for tips on signings etc before starting .

Transfer activity:

23235697.jpg

Will be playing my own 442 so starting line up looks like:

Cerny

Martinez Hall Connolly Rat

Routledge Mahon Parejo Ephraim

Fletcher Benitez

Will leave the captaincy as it is as I dont want to upset the troops too much but I dont see him starting much tbh

Tried to offload the expensive Mr Cook for nothing, but no takers and will offload more as I get to grips with how good they are or not

Need a better DMC but Appiah has a virus so will wait until I can sign him i think.

Pre season has gone well - 4 wins and a 2;2 draw away at stoke (last kick of the game goal robbed me - cheers SI)

Will report back as the season progresses and a thanks to all previous posters for the hips and tips on signings etc

Just about to start a game with QPR i want to get them up first season then try and stay up. Then push on from there.

Who would people recommend of selling and buying

So far i have got in Insua (loan) Benitez and Alan Smith (I went for him as i have never had him before.

Archived