Queens Park Rangers - Where money is no issue.

haza555

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got promoted via the play-offs and to 'Avoid relegation' was goven 9.5m.

I've spent 4.5m so far on:

Jonjo Shelvey 500k

Jermaine Pennant free

German Lux 1.2m

Choco 2.6m

Daniel Sturridge free

Plus 2 good regens that I have found on free transfers.

I line up

Lux

Connolly--Kucera (regen)--Mokoena--Rosa

----------------Zuculini----------------

----------------Krivets----------------

Pennant--------------------------Ephraim (class)

-------------Doyle-------Lewandowski

Subs

Camp

Ramage

Aritz Lopez Garay

Cristaldo

Choco

Sturridge

Buzsaky

I need to look to strengthen the full back areas as I have plenty of attacking options with the remaining 4.5m I do however have a very promising 17 yr old right back regen but its a bit early to get him involved in a premier league relegation battle.......any ideas would be good...playing on patch 9.03.

NONI- The maximum I was offered was £14.5m, that was to win the league. I couldn't tell you what the exact wages were. This season I said I could achieve a safe mid-table position, which I think I will. But it ranges from about £8m-£14.5m depending on your expectations. Your transfer budget will increase eventually, if you get into European status and the clubs bank balance increases.

Don't worry about the money though, if you're in the premier league you'll find all sorts of players on free transfers. And if you spend wisely on young players you can always cash in on them for a bit of extra cash.

I bought Mancienne from Chelsea for £1.9m, get a report card on him and see if it could happen. Joe Mattock costs anything between £2-3m and is getting really good, really quick. I picked up Matteo Darmian for £500k from AC Milan and he's got it where it counts. You should be able to pick up two of those 3 players for under £4.5m.

GLOVES89-Nice team, I left out Zuculini, but will look to get him at some point. He's at gremio right now in my game so value shouldn't go up too much. I'm glad I bought choco for £275k! Ehpraim just coming back from injury.

Thanks ALCHARLTON - Zuculini has just become a wonderkid in January 2010 on my game.....he's been a regular since he joined in January 2009 so snap him up ASAP. Gutted about the 2m I wasted on Choco....he hasn't started brilliantly for his price tag, although he hasn't had regular 1st team football. I might loan him out. Just bought a DMC to play alongside Zuculini in away games called Pablo de Barros (cost 1.3m) How is he doing on your game? Where are you in the league?

Yeah, I was checking him out. I wasn't sure how he'd do being 5'9'' in the premier league, but I guess if Makelele could do it....

Yeah, Choco is getting to a reasonable level but he'll only start if I get some really poor cup opposition. Other than that, he's staying in the reserves. Send him out on loan, for sure. He's still developing nicely in my reserves.

Just checked out de Barros. Just set my scout on him! From what I can see, he looks like a nice rounded player with a bit of everything.

I'm mid-table, but I've only had a few games. Haven't had much of a chance to play tonight. I'm aiming to get as many home results as possible and if I'm lucky get a few scalps away from home!

Are any of your players getting a bit too big for their boots? Mattock and Fiorillo have both said that they owe it to themselves to play at a higher level! The cheek of it? I reckon they'll change their tune by January, I'll price them out of moving ha ha! Got a keeper called Fabio from Brazil and Darmian(the Italian) both haven't settled in well. I'm hoping they'll also be okay soon.

How's your campaign going? I'll try and do a screenshot tomorrow and post it.

Yes!! It's a nightmare....a few wins and they think they're worl beaters....so far i've got Krivets, Cristaldo and Doyle all unhappy. I've had bids come in for about 10 of my players which is a nightmare! Zuculini doesnt want to leave at the moment so that is ok. Im hoping if I can stave off some interest this season then I will maybe sell Doyle in the summer for around 7.5m. I would rather sell him as I think the other 2 have more potential and although I could easily make a big profit I want them to be around to take me higher up the league. I have started looking for replacements....Celso Borges to replace Krivets. I could make a tidy profit on Krivets as Ive had bids of 8m from Spurs and he is only 23 and valued at 5.5m I paid 400k for him so its money well spent.

Im 14th at the turn of the year Played 20 games with 23points. 8 points clear of relegation. Happy so far but need to make sure we survive and then push on next year with a few good signings. Just signed Mattock for 2.3m which Im hoping will sure up my defence a bit.....

Tell me about it! On FM08 one of my players was out for a month with an injury, he'd thrown a wobbler all season! Then when he came back, he'd changed his mind. As long as their contracts don't run out, I don't mind too much. Yeah, if can sell Doyle while the interest is there then do it. I'm a right ageist on this game, and constantly chop and change. Borjes looks like a tidy player, a good replacement for Krivets. I might do the same for Krivets, he's a great player for me, but a bit weak in the air which can be a pain when he's not on the wings. I paid the same as you, so if I can get that much for him I might well take it. I want the club's bank balance to go up too as they wouldn't upgrade anything in the off-season. I'll be happy when I get a new stadium!

Mattock will definitely do the business for you and shouldn't take to long to settle in. Did you try and get Mancienne? If you're a die-hard fan of Q.P.R then you might not want to on principle. If not Clyne from Crystal Palace, or Moutaoukil from Charlton are good. Havard Nordveit from Arsenal went for £23m in an old game, so if you can get him, do so!

Good going on the league, once you get to the 40-mark you should be ok.

de Barros is worth £3.1m on my game, you did a good bit of business!

Started a new game with QPR

Spent a bit to much I think.

In:

Kevin Doyle - £5.75m

Micheal Ball - £1m

Davide Santon - £850k

Jack Collison - £3.6m

Ignacio Piatti - £950k

Christian Benitez - £1.5m

and Zuculini for £180k coming in the new year.

Out:

Mikele Leigertwood - £575k

Dexter Blackstock - £450k

Angelo Balanta - £275k

Gavin Mahon - £200k

Probably play a 4-4-2. Wanted to get some new DCs and an ML aswell but I ran out of money...

Only Cerny, Connolly, Stewart, Cook and Rowlands survive from the starting XI.

Looking for promotion first season.

Sorry meant to say how much do you get in the second season if you get promoted.

I think the ambition you choose from the start determines the amount you get when you get promoted. e.g. choosing a top half finish when you start on my new save will give you 19m transfer money just to avoid relegation when you get promoted. While on the other hand when you choose promotion or even higher on a new save, you'll probably get around 8m-14m to avoid relegation.

Chasjs, I probably wouldn't have spent that much on Doyle. Benitez and Balanta did the business up front for me, invested in as much youth as possible as the youth system at Q.P.R. isn't up to much and will take a few season's before you see any truly decent youngster come through.

Play Doyle for now, and if you get any offers for him in January flog him. I'm not sure how much interest he'll generate, but if he bangs a few goals in you might be able to double your money. By that point you'll be able to pick up Carlton Cole(who'll have the hump at west ham for playing reserves week in week out) who should cost about £2m. Nice profit and a player who might be able to handle the step up to the premier league. Altidore should be available in the summer for a few million. Your midfield and defence will be fine in the championship.

Thanks, I was hoping to use Doyle for a couple of years untilI got someone better then try and make a profit, thought £5.75m was pretty decent and he's a proven goalscorer from what I've seen.

Thanks, I was hoping to use Doyle for a couple of years untilI got someone better then try and make a profit, thought £5.75m was pretty decent and he's a proven goalscorer from what I've seen.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, he's a good striker and will definitely do the business.

:thup: I just reckon there are better deals to be made. Maybe hold on till the summer, so it doesn't upset the balance too much. Plus he's British so you don't have to worry about the language barrier. Just beat Pompey 3-0 in the Prem, Benitez got a hat-trick :D

Chasjs - Doyle was a really good Championship signing for me. I hadn't really heard a lot about Benitez but Reading signed him as a replacement and on my game he looks to be going from strength to strength so to have both is ideal. I agree with ALCHARLTON though. The youth policy isn't great at the start of the game so buying players like zuculini who become quality after about a year in the premiership is crucial otherwise you'll always have to pay high prices for players who are already at premiership standard until the system is improved......Nice squad as well, you should stroll to the prem!

Just in the last week of December in my first Premier League campaign. I'm 6th in the league, but I fear this won't be the case for much longer. Next game is Man Utd, then 3 days after West Brom(who came 4th last season) and a few days after that it's Arsenal. I expect to lose to United, although I'm considering a bit of the old 'Manager Interaction' to see if I can put the players off. If it works I might scrape a draw, if I doesn't I'll probably lose 4-0! The '......' has done a very good job at '......' usually makes the opposition complacent, but thats if it's an option.

I told Guus Hiddink that I was concerned about the up and coming match with Chelsea and managed a draw!! A very good point!

Fiorillo, Mattock and Darmian have all decided that they want to stay. I'll let them off this time, they're only young. All of my player's are developing nicely. Saivet and Moses are looking particularly good. I'll give them a good cup run to see where they're at.

I've still got Routledge and Cook on the books and they'll be off in January. That should save me a fair amount in wages and give me £2-3m to play with.

There are a couple of players I can think of who would fit in nicely. I could do with a decent understudy to Maduro in DM, Poli isn't robust enough and Nordveit isn't quick enough. De barros as recommended by gloves89 might be worth considering. If not Bender from Germany is available for £1.3m and I can get Shelvey and another young striker from Hearts with my spare dollar. Any DM (potential world beaters) suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I want a Bender in my midfield!

Just won the Championship in my first season. In need of a goaly, right winger and centre half, as well as any other cheap suggestions to bolster the squad! Any reccomendations appreciated

Who do you have at the moment?

:confused:

In the first season I bought Zuculini, Santon, Benitez, Blazek, Bodde, Thomson, Grainger, Kovacevic, Teniste, Soumare, Volas. So far I have picked up Shelvey and Wright on the cheap from Charlton for about 200k all together.

In the first season I bought Zuculini, Santon, Benitez, Blazek, Bodde, Thomson, Grainger, Kovacevic, Teniste, Soumare, Volas. So far I have picked up Shelvey and Wright on the cheap from Charlton for about 200k all together.

What part of the seaon are you in now? How much wonga have you got left?

Guys a miracle worker for 9.3 in championship is Dentinho.

I bought him in beginning of first season for about 7 mil 1 million US$ upfront and then 6 million over 24 months so my budget wasnt blown, I wanted Marquinos and when he wouldnt come I wanted Douglas Costa, and then even HE wouldnt come, so I went after Dentinho. Until January he was largely quiet, creating many goals playing as a fast striker but scoring few, only about 1 every 3 games. Then all of a sudden in january his composure and finishing went up and he learned the move round keeper, and has been scoring goals like mad, wound up the season with 27 goals after scoring only 7 till january. He is like a left sided Marquinos, atleast at championship level not sure how he'll fare in the prem but his stats seem good enough and he's still only 19.

Montarros, 25 year old Angolan striker from Benfica is also a great signing.

Anyways I know Dentinho is well known by everyone but he is BEASTLY in the championship atleast.

Next year once I get to prem maybe I will sign Marquinos as well, Dentinho played up top in the Championship but I think hed be a better premiership left winger.

Im signined Demba Ba as well, so my attack is going to be Marqinos and Dentinho on the wings, two strong and fast strikers Demba Ba and Montoras up top, yes seriously check out Montoras people, 16 accel, 15 pace, 15 strength, 15 dribbling, 15 composure, 15 finishing, not outstanding but cheap, I got him for 3.8 mil US$ first year.

Should fare well up top but I have a problem in defense, Beevers and stewart are well and good in the championship but wont cut it in the prem, anyone know how much Fazio should cost second season, the young argentinian one?

Fazio is valued at about £6m Dec '09, and a recent transfer headline said he'd be available for about £12m. Well out of my price range!

I got Mancienne for £1.9m and he's been good and is progressing rapidly. Fitz Hall has been a good stand in. I only wish that I'd got a RB that was as good as Mattock. Rodwell from Everton was available for £3.7m, I had already made a bid for Altidore though, so I waited to see which one came through first and it was the striker. Have a look for Henri Saivet, I got him for £3m. A true bargain. Only regret is not getting Asenjo. He was available for £90k in my very first season and is now worth £5m!! I did get Fiorillo for £900k, so not totally gutted. Still, $$$$$$$ sigh....

Not sure yet, haven't got my money, I'm in pre season about to start my first year in the Premiership.

Cool, recommend getting in as many free coaches and backroom staff as possible. Before I was granted my budget the board said I could have 15 coaches, so I stocked up. Lucky, because after getting my money they would only allow 12. No really good scouts, but Steve Martin from Pompey should be available for about £50k compo.

You should get around £8m to stay up, all the way to £13m-ish to win. I went for mid-table and got £9.5m.

I forgot what you originally were looking for....hang on!

Asenjo, Fabio(£50k), Fiorillo(I got him cheap, but he might me pricey), Foster(he went to roma for £1m before I got the chance)

CB's-Mancienne(£2m) and Rodwell(£4m) there are loads more but these two will be good for the cause. Henri Saivet is a must buy(£3m?)

Check your free transfers, I got Maduro for £1m!

I'd personally be a bit tight, now I'm 6th in the league a shed load more players are interested in playing for me. I blew my budget, so will try and offload some palyers to get some more money.

GK-Foster (Camp)

RB-Santon (Kovacevic)

CB-Diakhate (N'Koulou)

CB-Soumare (Kovacevic)

LB-Mattock (Grainger)

RM-Acosta (Thomson/Ephraim)

CM-Bodde (Buzsaky)

CM-Zuculini (Buzsaky/Josh Wright/Shelvey LOL)

LM-Duda (Ephraim)

ST-Zarate (Blazek)

ST-Benitez (Sturridge)

GK-Foster (Camp)

RB-Santon (Kovacevic)

CB-Diakhate (N'Koulou)

CB-Soumare (Kovacevic)

LB-Mattock (Grainger)

RM-Acosta (Thomson/Ephraim)

CM-Bodde (Buzsaky)

CM-Zuculini (Buzsaky/Josh Wright/Shelvey LOL)

LM-Duda (Ephraim)

ST-Zarate (Blazek)

ST-Benitez (Sturridge)

Quality, have you got any money left? I think Shelvey is a contender for most inbred looking footballer of the year.

That's not too bad. At least you had a good fight. There's loads of players to pick up on free transfers, so I might do that. Don't adjust it unless you really have to. I couldn't upgrade the facilties/stadium due to my overspending and the bank balance went down because of the wage structure. I'd maybe get another winger in. Lulinha for £1m or Saivet for £3m, if you can stretch it.

Lost 3-2 to United, drew 1-1 at West Brom and drew 2-2 with Arsenal and a makeshift team. Glad I made that pitch narrow!

Still 8th in the league, reckon I can finish between 10th-6th with an extra versatile midfielder.

ALCHARLTON - How's your squad looking? Have you still got Krivets and Buzsaky? If you have then their versatility should be fine.....And by the looks of things you need to snap up Zuculini asap! he is now a wonderkid on my game and has been since February 2010... If not de Barros is ok but needs time to adjust. A steady average of 6.94 over 8(2) games which is ok.

QPRJACK - Nice team mate! I missed out on Foster which was rubbish and he's since gone from Chelsea to Liverpool in 2 transfer windows. Make sure you keep hold of Ephraim as he is very good on my game and worth nearly 5m. If you are looking for a winger then Pennant was available on a free transfer at the start of season 2 and has performed well for my team at AMR.

My form has dipped seriously in recent games. With 9 games to go i'm 5 points from safety and I feel fairly confident we'll stay up. I think the defence needs improving next season with a new CB and a new RB as Connolly and Ramage aren't consistent enough. Also I may have to sell Krivets as he is constantly unhappy. If I can get 12-20m for him I will accept as I have Borges who is a like for like replacement and only cost 1.2m. I may also sell Doyle as he hasn't been that great in the Prem but I need to make sure I have a good enough relacement lined up.

ALCHARLTON - How's your squad looking? Have you still got Krivets and Buzsaky? If you have then their versatility should be fine.....And by the looks of things you need to snap up Zuculini asap! he is now a wonderkid on my game and has been since February 2010... If not de Barros is ok but needs time to adjust. A steady average of 6.94 over 8(2) games which is ok.

QPRJACK - Nice team mate! I missed out on Foster which was rubbish and he's since gone from Chelsea to Liverpool in 2 transfer windows. Make sure you keep hold of Ephraim as he is very good on my game and worth nearly 5m. If you are looking for a winger then Pennant was available on a free transfer at the start of season 2 and has performed well for my team at AMR.

My form has dipped seriously in recent games. With 9 games to go i'm 5 points from safety and I feel fairly confident we'll stay up. I think the defence needs improving next season with a new CB and a new RB as Connolly and Ramage aren't consistent enough. Also I may have to sell Krivets as he is constantly unhappy. If I can get 12-20m for him I will accept as I have Borges who is a like for like replacement and only cost 1.2m. I may also sell Doyle as he hasn't been that great in the Prem but I need to make sure I have a good enough relacement lined up.

For prem strikers who are quality but not that expensive, look at Dentinho and Montorras, they score alot and Dentinho is only 6 million US$ in the beginning and Montorras is cheap for only 3.5 mil but only 26 and great stats allaround can play as target man or fast striker

I've just finished Season 2 2009/2010 (9.03) my first one in the Premiership. I ended up 14th with 42 points. I was really pleased with how we finished the season. My top goalscorer was Zuculini with 7 from DMC which is a bit worrying and I know Im gonna need to bring in a frontman for next season and probably sell Kevin Doyle. I think I rotated my strikers too much and I'm hoping that after a pre-season they will find their feet and start banging in the goals to push us into Europe and as long as I am more consistent with selection it should be fine.

Here are some screen shots of how it went. Any advice on how to improve the squad/who to sell would be brilliant. I will update with my transfer budget for next season when I get it.

League Table

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6600/leaguetableh.jpg

Squad

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/885/squad0910v.jpg

Transfers

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1425/transfers0910d.jpg

Zuculini

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4135/zuculini0910.jpg

I've just finished Season 2 2009/2010 (9.03) my first one in the Premiership. I ended up 14th with 42 points. I was really pleased with how we finished the season. My top goalscorer was Zuculini with 7 from DMC which is a bit worrying and I know Im gonna need to bring in a frontman for next season and probably sell Kevin Doyle. I think I rotated my strikers too much and I'm hoping that after a pre-season they will find their feet and start banging in the goals to push us into Europe and as long as I am more consistent with selection it should be fine.

Here are some screen shots of how it went. Any advice on how to improve the squad/who to sell would be brilliant. I will update with my transfer budget for next season when I get it.

League Table

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6600/leaguetableh.jpg

Squad

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/885/squad0910v.jpg

Transfers

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1425/transfers0910d.jpg

Zuculini

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4135/zuculini0910.jpg

I'll try and do one of these screenshots in a bit and show you my team. I'm about 8th in the prem in January. My progress has been stunted as I'm sharing this computer. Just getting rid of Delaney, Routledge and Cook for a combined total of around £4m although this could be less as leeds might do a swap involving Delph and Cook. I really need a player like Zucilini as Maduro is getting small injuries as he's playing every game and I think it's only a matter of time before he's out for a long period. I'd rather get an english anchorman, but they're so expensive!

Gloves89-I'd get rid of Ramage, Delaney, Doyle, Routledge, Lee Cook and possibly Buszaky. Get Balanta back from Southend, he's been a great asset to me this season. Look at strikers, but filter out anyone smaller than 6'0'' tall. I always look at tall players for the first couple of seasons, oh and good physical stats too. You going to have to play grinding physical football until the club is established, then once you've got a solid foundation bring in the flair. I've bought mine all young and I'm letting 'em grow in the reserves until they're ready. My basic rule is tall down the middle, small down the wings.

The English DMC are very limited as well because there are hardly any. What about Reo Coker? Or is he very expensive? I'm going to offload those 3 as well as Leigterwood and Cerny. Have a look at Barreto, he starts at Reggina but looks good as he can play DMC MC and AMC to natural ability. But definitely get Zuculini.

Yeah I got shot of Cerny in my first season, Inter snapped him up for £2m ha ha! He's on a free this season. Foster is available on a free, but ''is keeping his options open''. He'll regret that!! Fiorillo has been immense for his age, so I'm happy. I was looking at him and Huddlestone, but like you said they're pricey and usually cost twice as much as they're listed for. Rodwell is available for £2m, but I need to make sure I don't put an offer in before I've offloaded Cook. My wages are on the edge and if other clubs come in for the same player I've got no chance!

How do you do the screen shots? I've just booted my game up.

I found this earlier on the site.....

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Really easy, I used imageshack.....

Yeah exactly, you're better of looking off elsewhere although foreigners do take a little while to settle so always worth keeping hold of decent back-ups until they are ready.

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overallm.jpg Overall

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6106/players1stteam.jpg First Team

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playersreserve.jpg Reserves

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tactics.jpg Tactics

Sorry if it took a while, we've got nuiscance neighbours at the moment and we're trying to catch a 60-year old lady sabotaging the garden. It was the neighbours turn today.

I started a QPR game last week and thought I;d post my progress. First season I didn't make many signings, just bought Alan Smith, Pavon, Perrier-Doumbe and Insua in the summer. Started off the season on fire and were 8 points clear at the top when January came around. In January I bougth Zuculini, Kristofer Haestad and Ashdown to push for the Premiership. Form faltered a little but we still won the league with 2 games to spare.

Now I'm in the Premiership and have made quite a few changes to the team. Transfers so far have been:

IN: Pedretti (Free), Foster (Free), Jankovic (Free), N'Koulou (£4.5m), Steven Fletcher (£4.5m), Pichu Atienza (£500k), Mattock (£2.3m), Barragan (£2.5m), Craig Gardner (£250k), Delph (£2m), Altidore (£4.2m), Hyypia (Free) and Escudero (£2m)

OUT: Connoly (£250k), Cerny (1m), Vine (Loan), Delaney (£500k), Rowlands (£2.5m), Ramage (£1.4m) and Lee Cook (£2m)

I'm 2nd in the Prem after 7 games, haven't played any top team other than Utd yet though, where we got beat 3-2.

So my team is looking like this:

GK: Foster/Ashdown

DR: Barragan/Gardner

DL: Mattock/Perrier-Doumbe

DC: N'Koulou/Atienza/Hall

DC: Hyypia/Pavon/Stewart

MR: Jankovic/Routledge

ML: Escudero/Ephraim/Buzsaky

MC: Pedretti/Zuculini

MC: Haestad/Delph/Buzsaky

ST: Altidore/Smith

ST: Fletcher/Balanta

NUFCsean-That's a tidy team you've got there. I had the same result against united, but considering the talent they have, I was pretty pleased.

qprjack-nice one that's good for the first season. Let me know how much wonga they give you for transfers.

Just about to start season 3 in the Premiership. The board gave me 29m to achieve a safe mid-table finish which was awesome. I added 16.5m to that by shipping out all of the deadwood players in the squad including Doyle,Hall,Buzsaky etc.

So far I have brought in 3 players:

Walter - Internacional 12.75m

Hedwiges Maduro - Valencia 170k

Nicola Morini (regen) - Genoa 500k

I've still got 25m left to play with but have managed to keep all of my "big name" players, although some remain happy I am going to draw them out for as long as possible as often they become content again after a while.

My first team looks like this:

----------------------Lux-------------------------------

-Connolly------Kucera ©----Maduro-----------Mattock--

--------------------Zuculini----------------------------

------------------Borges-------------------------------

---Krivets------------------------------------Ephraim---

-----------Walter-----------Lewandowski------------

Lambo

Mokoena

Sturridge

Pennant

Cristaldo