Queens Park Rangers - Where money is no issue.

haza555

I expanded my stadium by 5000 and asked for another expansion and they said they were looking into it so im expecting a bigger expansion at the start of new season.

Henok Goitom transfer listed for 250k and signed him. Scored 27 in 39 games in premiership! Best bargain iv ever bought.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just kicked off 3rd season with wins against West Ham (3rd last year) and Stoke (promoted)

Finished first season back in the Prem a comfortable 13th. Bojan top scored with 22 league goals.

Set expectations for a top half finish so got £20m & £400k salary budget

New Signings:

Falcao (River £13m) - Good start 4 goals in 2

Valencia (Wigan £5m + Steve Ireland) - Injured pre-season but scoring debut v Stoke

Douglas Costa (£11.5m Gremio) - 3 assists in 2 sub appearances

Banega (£3.3m Valencia) - only just signed, lacking fitness

Kompany (£4m Man City) - only just signed, lacking fitness

Onouha (£1.3m Man City) - looks a bargain MoM on debut

Sold:

Steve Fletcher (£7m Sunderland) - solid palyer but only 3 goals in 29 last year

Ben Haim (£8m Blackburn) - solid at the back but offer was too good to refuse

Fitz Hall (£1.5m Hull) - only made 10 appearances

Ephraim (£1.8m Leeds) - flattered to deceive, great on loan, amazing in the reserves, rubbish in 1st team

Also added 10 new coaches as board limit increased from 6 to 17.

I'll update again in January

Won against Preston 3-2 first coca-cola championship game. Balanta twice, Seleznyov 1.

Now, I'm looking for some good ST, who scores 25+ per season. Any suggestions ? I'm playing 9.1.0.

And, how good is Ledesma should i sign him at end of season, 3mill euros clause ?

I'm nearing the end of the 6th season.

Using Knap's 4-4-2 from the Tactics/Training forum. Won Champions League twice and four straight Pemieer League titles.

I always play as QPR since old CM3 days! I do as I always do and stock up on all the younger stars and 3-4 years in take all before you.

I have Marquinos as my Midfield Playmaker. Joe Mattock as DL has been superb. I actually got Ibrahimovich for 13million pounds when he was transfer listed as a 28 year old and needless to say he was quality. Although I was paying him 105k a week. Splashed out for Aguero for 45 mill pounds and got Walcott on a free. Other good players have been the likes of Asenjo, Santon, Dos Santos, Balotelli.

Made some excellent coin by buying young stars and selling them on for huge fees. Vela for 5 milll abd sold to Barca for 43 mill.

Noticing that the AI rarely updates their squads. Man Utd and Chelsea with almost exact same squad as start. Hire some good scouts and start picking off the best regens and its trophys galore at Loftus Road!

I even have West Ham as a feeder club!

Great to read so many people going QPR. Easiest Football Manager yet to be QPR. Thanks Flav!

After reading for a while in these forums, I think it is time to start posting. I've finished my third season right now and qualified for the UEFA cup through goal difference (6.).

My Team in the first season (08/09, promoted as 2.):

R. Cerny-----S. Kelly, D. Delaney, F. Hall, E. Insua (loan)-----D. Cowie (strongly recommended), D. Tommasi, À. Buzsáky, L. Cook(loan)-----J. Walters, E. Derdiyok (as I am swiss, I know he is good)

What I learnt from this season was that (with my tactic) a midfielder with too many defensive duties is quite useless, because I had big problems scoring (for: 64, against: 36). So I decided to buy a midfielder I can use to initiate my attacks, with some success.

Second season (09/10, 15. In EPL, but being 9. till march and with many new players, so I was pleased)

F. Costanzo (bought from FC Basel, turned out to be a good deal)-----D. Opare-Romário Mendes (bought him for 8.5 mio. Euro, which was too much), P. Ramage, J. Mattock (a genius)-----D. Cowie, P. Oniangue, Thiago, D. Beasley (again strongly recommended, very cheap, 11 Assists, 5 goals)-----J. Walters, E. Derdiyok

Third season (10/11, 6. in EPL, semi final FA cup)

F. Costanzo-----D. Opare, L. Aubey, Romário Mendes, J. Mattock-----Marquinhos (10 Assists/7goals), A. Vidal, Giuliano, G. Assulin----- E. Derdiyok (20 goals), Keirrison

I played the whole season without changing anything of my tactic outside the match day, but with much ingame tweaking. I managed to get 12 points against the big four (just 3 losses), but struggled against smaller teams. Now I want to qualify for the champions league and get those honours.

As it was my first attempt with a "smaller" team ( I didn't know that QPR have so much money), I spent too much money for talented players in the championship, who were useless in the EPL. But now money no longer is an issue.

As I can't expand my stadium anymore, I have to wait know for a new stadium...

Because of the calibre of the player it's referred to throughout the forum as a bug but usually Bojan gets released from Barca at the end of year 1 as he 'didnt do enough to earn a professional contract'

£35k/week + £3k appearance bonus does the job

bojan signed a contract on my game :(

Nice to see a lot of people doing well with QPR. I just finished my 4th season (3rd in EPL) and missed continental qualification. In theory i could be fairly satisfied with a 8th place finish which is quiet an improvement compared to my first EPL campaigns. Still I'm dissappointed mainly due to the fact that we spend most of the season in the Top 4 before we got on an abysmal run of 5 winless games at the end of the season thus losing our place in the european competitions for the next season :(

Somehow the tactics stopped working and we leaked goals like there is no tomorrow. Apparently the defense was the biggest weakness throughout the whole season so I definitely need strengthening there. I gotta admit I focused on buying good and young offensive players in the last two seasons without worrying much about the defense. So i have Rusol, who is solid. Solbakken, a capable regen but who is no natural CB and two other players who are lower premier/championsship standard at most.

Hi there currently playing as QPR started game as Exeter (come on city!) but before the first season finished i was linked with the job at QPR 23rd in the Championship with 5 games to go took the job, managed to stay up on goal difference very close, any way walked the 2nd season promoted as champions. 3rd season Premiership currently 7th after 11 games 16 points im amazed about this and so are the media after being predicted rock bottom...

Current Team:

GK John Ruddy (80k)/ Cerny

RB Mark Wilson (5.5M)

CB Fitz Hall/ Lewin Nyatanga

CB Marco Matterazzi (Free)

LB Delaney

DM Ever Banega (2.1M)/ Lee Cattermole (2.7M)

RM Rowlands

CM Lucas Correa (Free and amazing!)

LM Hameur Bouazza (1.9M)

ST Keirrison (11.25M)/ Andy Carroll (2.8M)

ST Marcus Berg (3.9M)/ Collins John (Free)/ Balanta

I feel my squad really needs strengthening all over the place particularly in goal and defence any suggestions? haven't got much left in the kitty about 4M maximum roll on January!

I'm nearing the end of the 6th season.

Using Knap's 4-4-2 from the Tactics/Training forum. Won Champions League twice and four straight Pemieer League titles.

I always play as QPR since old CM3 days! I do as I always do and stock up on all the younger stars and 3-4 years in take all before you.

I have Marquinos as my Midfield Playmaker. Joe Mattock as DL has been superb. I actually got Ibrahimovich for 13million pounds when he was transfer listed as a 28 year old and needless to say he was quality. Although I was paying him 105k a week. Splashed out for Aguero for 45 mill pounds and got Walcott on a free. Other good players have been the likes of Asenjo, Santon, Dos Santos, Balotelli.

Made some excellent coin by buying young stars and selling them on for huge fees. Vela for 5 milll abd sold to Barca for 43 mill.

Noticing that the AI rarely updates their squads. Man Utd and Chelsea with almost exact same squad as start. Hire some good scouts and start picking off the best regens and its trophys galore at Loftus Road!

I even have West Ham as a feeder club!

Great to read so many people going QPR. Easiest Football Manager yet to be QPR. Thanks Flav!

How'd you do so well? I've been a bit busy havent been able to play but I've played like 10 games so far in my first season promoted (came 2nd CCC 1st season)

and I'm struggling hard... Like 1 wins, 3 draws endless losses...

How'd you do so well? I've been a bit busy havent been able to play but I've played like 10 games so far in my first season promoted (came 2nd CCC 1st season)

and I'm struggling hard... Like 1 wins, 3 draws endless losses...

I played a couple of practice games to get the feel of things. Messed around with tactics and players etc, before starting my fair dinkum game. I spend a lot of time reading these forums and have a very expansive shortlist of the young players (-9 -10). I also do a tonne of searches for each position with key attributes. Knap's tactics are fantastic as well.

Got really lucky to win my first Premier League title in the 3rd season. Arsenal were two points clear going in to the last round. I beat Everton 1-0 and they lost at home to Man Utd 4-2, gifting me the title by a point.

Had a shocking run in the domestic cups though. One FA cup and no league cups. My main threats have been Man City and Tottenham who invested really well in the transfer market early on good young players.

The longer you play, the easier the game gets, because the AI's squads get progressively worse.

I finished my second Prem season in 11th, bit of an anti-climax as we were 4th out of 4 teams on 51pts.

New signings were hit & miss

Falcao hit 18 in 26, but picked up silly injuries throughout the season. Valencia scored on his debut but didn't get another goal. Douglas Costa started well but faded & spent 4mths out with knee injury. Banega was poor, only made 10 appearances. Kompany was superb, marshalled the defence with ease as did Onouha who was ever-present and made team of the year.

Beaten by Chelsea in both League cup 2nd round & FA cup 3rd Round.

Bojan struggled and only hit 8 league goals, had the hump with me for selling Ben Haim!!!

It's now Jan 2nd in my 3rd Prem season and we're 3rd behind United and Arsenal who are going for their 4th straight title. Got knocked out of the league cup in the quarters by Liverpool & we've been drawn against MK Dons in the FA Cup.

Signings:

Joe Hart (£2m City), Michael Johnson (£3.2m City), Rafina (Free Shalke), Sankhare (£3.2m PSG), Wilnaldum (£3.8m Feyenord)

Sold:

Connelly (£5.5m Villa), Banega (£3.5m Ajax), Joey Barton (£3m Bolton), Balanta (£2m Sheff U), Jonathan Franks (£2m Ipswich)

Importantly I fought off interest for Mattock & Bojan and got both to sign new contracts and both are flying and having their own mini contest for Young Player of the Year. It's 3-2 to Mattock for the first 5 mths of the season.

Started the 5th season well with 2 wins and 1 draw including a marvelous 2-1 against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Bojan has been immense scoring 5 in the opening 3 so far.

Despite having a fairly big transfer kitty of £33M i didn't spend big during the transfer window mainly bringing in some fresh talent. I also made a major mistake with the signings of Progrebnyak and Adailton as i misread the work permit information and they are now not eligible for league or cup games. Sent them both out to my feeder club in poland ;)

Other Ins:

Silva Free (CD Nacional, newgen, 19 yo prospect for the left wing)

Progrebnyak Free (OSC Lille, didn't get a wp, out on loan to Wisla Krakow)

Adailton £4M (FC Santos, same as Progrebnyak)

Tom Duxbury £1.9M (FC Reading, newgen, 16 yo attacking midfielder)

Orjan Hamre £2.5M (Aalesund FK, newgen, 19 yo Striker, already been capped for Norway)

Ryan Nicholson £550K (Barnsley, newgen)

Colin Weir £2M (newgen, Celtic Glasgow)

Basically I signed the top prospects I discovered the previous season. Unfortunately I didn't get a quality Centre Back as they either didn't want to join me (like Zapata or Felipe) or I didn't want to spend £20M on one player.

Notable Outs:

Radja Nainggolan £2M (KV Gelb Rot Mechelen)

Jonathan Botinelli £2M (Udinese)

Rafael van der Vaart £9M (Bolton Wanderers)

Mascio £1.8M (Cagliari Calcio)

Olexandr Chyzhov £3.1 (Bor. Moenchengladbach)

Still have £33M to spend but will probably wait for the winter transfer period to decide if i need more signings.

I'm currently in my second season after finishing the first just out of playoff contention. Now 11 games in, 9-1-1.

My typical squad:

GK: Lee Camp

DR: Stephen Kelly

DC: Damion Stewart, Gláuber

DL: Razvan Rat

MR: Opoku Agyemang

MCd: Massimo Donati

MDa:Adrián Ricchiuti

ML: Igor Gabilondo

ST: Rowan Vine, Adriano (from Porto)

Subs:

Ramage/Connolly, Delaney/Tamas Kadar, Amaury Bischoff, Ephraim, Balanta.

I've been using Vine as a playmaker/target man, with some success. Adriano has been pretty good, $600k transfer, and Balanta has improved quite a bit and shows glimpses of class. I'm waiting for Donati and Gabilondo to settle in. Over the summer, I rejected some huge bids for players in order to keep squad morale up. I was offered $7.5m for Rat after picking him up for 4m last season, but he was far and away my strongest player. Nearly every starter is wanted by numerous clubs. I picked up Glauber and Bischoff on frees, and Glauber has been fantastic, with a 7.45 avg in 11 games. Bischoff also has the highest pass completion rate in the Championship. I also added Kadar and Opare for some young backs, and picked up Gabilondo and Donati to strengthen my midfield.

I probably need to look for a more consistent forward, since Vine can be hit or miss and Adriano seems to score two goals or none at all.

Still in first season in the summer.

Transfers in:

Razvan Rat £2.5m

Joris Delle £12k

Salvatore Mastronunzio £450k

Jozy Altidore £4m

Ariza Makakula £120k

Marco Zambelli £1.3m

Radja Nainggolan £325k

Jorge Ribero £200k

Celso Borges £475k

I'm really happy with my transfers. I think I need two decent centre halves and then I'm more than ready. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm also in need of a Shooting coach, set piece, ball control and fitness coach. Help on that score would be greatly appreciated!

Mike UEA try going for Glauber who will be transfer listed at Man City. Also Lankylars play Amary Bischoff regularly , he is an important part of my team now and a vice captain having joined me for one million.

Shala: I have been struggling to choose between Bischoff and Donati, who of the two is more experienced but also won't improve. Speaking of which, how does Amaury develop, given adequate first team play?

Mike UEA: I second the motion for Glauber...stellar player for me. My defense is second only to Stoke in the Championship (season 2). As far as a fitness coach goes, Manuel Delgado Meco is very versatile and is pretty good for me, but he asks for ~$8k a week. I have Jose Ramon De la Fuente and Paul Hilton (was W Ham Youth Coach) for my technical and tactical stuff, mostly. I think they're pretty good (but then again I'm not the most informed source, so there's probably better out there). A plus is they're both good with youngsters, since the board's 6 coach limit rules out using youth only coaches, basically.

I have been struggling to choose between Bischoff and Donati, who is more experienced but also won't improve. Speaking of which, how does Amaury develop, given adequate first team play?

He becomes a very good passer the ball and a good character for the team. Highly influential.

To those who already had success in the EPL (like winning the league, FA Cup) or even winning the CL: what tactics are you using? I'm still struggling and can't find a good tactic. Now with my final exams ahead I really don't have the time to invent my own tactics so i tried several from the tactics forums but so far without great success. Finished 11th in the last season after aiming for the qualification for the UEFA Euro League.

I used Knaps tactics for some time but suddenly they stopped working.

edit: Lucky me! Despite not winning a place in the UEFA Euro League through our league finish we were given a place in the qualifications for the Euro League via Sporting Play draw. :)

Just finished my first season as QPR, ashamed i didn't get promoted, Cerny got injured and had to play play-offs with Camp, and he really sucks :p Anyone got any suggestions for å new goalie? Cerny is ok, but I still got a lot of goals against.

Buy of the season; Makukula, bought for 130k, scored 42 in 45 and is now worth 3,4 mil ^^

Hi everyone,

Started a Qpr save on FM09 last night and thought I would contribute to the thread. My FM08 QPR save was one of my most enjoyable games. I seem to have gone about things a bit differently than others on here. I have set myself a target of only using (where possible) British and English players, i.e the bulk of my signings are going to be brit/irish. I can however use the foreigners that are already in the team, Cerny etc.

oke doke,

so here are my signings - Kevin Doyle (as usual lol) £6 mil (looks like I overpaid a bit, but the bulk is over 24 months)

- Fabian Delph £725k

- Lewin Nyatanga £1.4 mil

- Billy Jones £1.8 mil

- Stephen Kelly £1.6 mil

- Victor Moses £1.8 mil

Im going to try to bring more British youngsters and push for success and (hopefully) win a major comp with than all british side. never done it before. have any of you guys tried this?

They are chronically lacking in defenders. :cool:

That's funny, because defense is always the strongest area of my squad, even without making many signings. Of course, I tend to play more conservatively. I would say that QPR lacks a strong striker to begin with. Vine is okay but inconsistent and the others (with the exception of Balanta) are terrible.

Interestingly, I'm in season 2 winter transfer window, Balanta is my leading goalscorer and I'm getting offers of $1.5m to take him off my hands. Looking at his attributes, he should be mediocre, but his stats tell a different story. Anyone else keep him and see some success? I know he will never develop into a top striker, but I'm reluctant to sell him, at least until the end of the season.

I brought in Helguson (Patch 9.2, still at Bolton) and he did all right. The only decent striker I have actually. Agyemang, Blackstock and Vine have short spells of goals then go on a drought. I sent Balanta out on loan.

A lack of central defenders meant I spent quite a bit on Claude Davis, who then got injured along with his fellow Jamaican Damion Stewart. They're a bit short on the left of defence too.

If not for Cerny I would be bottom instead of mid-table.

only save ive played on fm09

in my 3rd season just started in prem winning championship in second season, in juanuary im 16th but should be comftable of staying up as ive added real quality in juanuary

i have 2 young english strikers in wellbeck and nathan dalfounso (excuse spelling) who are sheer ckass and great super subs, big clubs sniffing already going to be hard to keep hold off

signed celso borges for 1.2 and sold to bayern for 25 mil, and as he was having a blinding season got a whopping 4 million for rowlands but 6 million if he plays ten times for ireland from villa

paladini has just injected 12 million of his own cash..so looking good

my squad

Kirkland 3.8

delaney

ramon 6.7

jagielka (class) 3.8 and fitz hall

connelly

giggs - loan

kompany 2.5

dazagoev 8m wonderkid

koumas 500k

doyle 6m

cristaldo 5.5

wellbeck free

delfounosu..(not sure of spelling from villa) free

eden haazard 800k

fabien delph 1m

halmosi - free

stephen kelly - loan

victor moses 800k

in the process of signing a gk fiorillo 500k and a right winger named obertan for 6 m

have spent approx 40m but have made around 38 in sales so going strong

have some very good looking regens

have a budget left of 26 million i have my eyes on john fleck i can aquirre for 4 mil for left mid and marius petrescu for cm for next season who has a min fee of 5 mil and looks class my scouts love him

but a new lb will be my priority at the end of the season

i also want to bring in some more young english blood

any advice on my squad is welcome

What tactic are people using?

i was using my own, i then used kimz 09, back to one of my own, then tried minnow magic,

currently using razors 1.1 and 1.0 tweaked it slightly as certain players i had couldent play certain roles, working very well, and just made the fa cup final beating arsenal and everton in the quarters and semis respectively.

Just finished my first season as QPR, ashamed i didn't get promoted, Cerny got injured and had to play play-offs with Camp, and he really sucks :p Anyone got any suggestions for å new goalie? Cerny is ok, but I still got a lot of goals against.

Buy of the season; Makukula, bought for 130k, scored 42 in 45 and is now worth 3,4 mil ^^

heaton done well in goal for me got him on a free as a back up then got a 1.2 offer for cerny, so played him first team he was immense in championship, brought kirkland after for 4 mil.

young english keeper from blackburn does well (u21 irl) you can get him on loan sorry cant remember name

Just started a QPR Save myself, and been reading through this thread, im an arsenal fan at heart but have a soft spot for the super hoops :), wondered if any of the following are useful or become decent in the game,

Ross mccormack - Cardiff, value 250k, left winger

Kelly Youga - Charlton Leftback

Tommy Spurr - Sheff wed defender

Ishmael Miller - Westbrom, helped westbrom to 5th place on my arsenal game 1st season, not sure if he will come to the championship though?

Adem Ljajic - Costs about the same as J. fleck to bring in first season, and is supposedly fabregas potential(think man united signed him in real football if i remember right)

Joe Ledley.

Also i noticed alot of you got santon, im assuming this is on the demo? as when i got him on my arsenal save first season, he cost me about 8mil after bidding initially in the 3million region.

hi guys,

in my second season now. lovin life at Loftus road :)

won promotion to prem (just) by beating wolves on pens in the final

like i said earlier I want a british dominated team.

ok so my team is

---------------Harper-----------------

S.Kelly--Ramage---K.Pearce--Nyatanga

Maloney----Delph----B.Jones-----Fleck

--------Zaki--------K.Doyle-----------

Ive also got a load of british youngsters that I rotate, namely

V.Moses

J.Franks

D.Sturridge

J. McArthur

Mascio (not brit)

D.Opare(not brit)

S.Fletcher

Ive created a tactic that gets a lot of goals (23 in 11 games in prem(second top scorer behind arsenal :))) But it does leak a hell of a lot aswell.

Im currently in 11th(was predicted 20th)

Does anyone have a quality keeper recommendation?

I'm in the summer between 2nd and 3rd seasons, just got promoted to Premiership. I need to find a quality keeper other than Cerny, since he just won't cut it. In fact, very few on the squad are up to standards.

I did come in second overall last season, with a 29 10 and 7 record, 80gf and 34ag. Now I've got some rebuilding to do.

Hello guys, after starting with Watford and failing miserably, I thought I would give QPR another go as I enjoyed it alot last time but didn't win the Prem, so this time I am hoping too.

Transfers for the first season!

Ins:

Joe Mattock - 2.8m

Franco Zuculini - 3.3m

Jozy Altidore - 5m

Pasquale Foggia - 1.4m

Nabil Baha - 950k

Fabian Delph - 525k

Gary Glen - 600k

Matej Rapnik - 75k

Tales - 200k

Celso Borges - 600k

Bernardo - 170k

Choco - 240k

Carlos Tordoya - 250k

Sergery Krivets - 400k

Marko Babic - 325k

Denis Alibec - 200k

Charlie Adam - 120k

Joris Delle - 4k

Josh Lambo - 75k

Alessandro Maria Cascio - 45k

Vaclev Kadlec - Free

Stephen Appiah - Free

Outs:

Akos Buzsaky - 1.6m

Mikele Leigertwood - 575k

Adam Bolder - 160k

Martin Rowlands - 600k

Damion Stewert - 240k

Rowan Vine - 475k

Damien Delaney - 600k

Reece Crowther - 10k

Hogan Ephraim - 500k

Gavin Mahon - 275k

Danny Maguire - 7k

Angelo Balanta - 300k

Lee Camp - Loan for 26k

Most of the players sold were in January once I realised who wasn't featuring in my side, but most of the signings were ones for the future which got me a bit stuck sometimes, but Nabil Baha and Choco scored 53 goals between them, and with Altidore also getting 11 we were smashing them in! with a quality midfield of Babic, Zuculini, Borges and Krivets we didn't fail to create chances, the only bad part of the team was the defence and goalkeeper, but we still managed promotion through the playoffs, winning in the final 3-1 against Wolves with a hat-trick from Baha!

Second Season Transfers!

Ins:

Renan (GK)- 6.5m

Gabriel Tamas - 4.2m

Sofiane Feghouli - 8.5m

Nicolas N'Koulou - 6m

Razvan Ochirosli - 4.9m

Anthony Vanden Borre - 2m

Rafael Caroca - 425k

Khaleem Hyland - 725k

Damien Le Tallec - Free

Macauley Chrisantus - Free

Thiago - Free

Daniel Sturridge - Free

Lucas Trecarichi - Free

Pichu Atienza - Free

Daniel Opare - Free

Outs:

Stephen Appiah - 5m

Nabil Baha - 5m

Marko Babic - 1.6m

Fitz Hall - 1.6m

Peter Ramage - 3m

Dexter Blackstock - 1.4m

Radek Cerny - 2.5m

Matthew Connolly - 2.2m

Patrick Agyemang - 250k

Kaspars Gorkss - 250k

Lee Camp - 350k

Matteo Alberti - 275k

Charlie Adam - Loan 35k - 300k perm deal

Chris Athur, Harry Smart, Romane Rose, Zesh Rehman, Jake Cole, Damiano Tommasi, Matt O'Brien, Joseph Oastler, Josh Ford, Gareth Ainsworth all gone on Free's

Delph - Hull on Loan

Cascio - Crystal Palace on Loan

Le Tallec - Watford on Loan

Glen - Cardiff on Loan

Atienza - Watford on Loan

Alibec - Leicester on Loan

Trecarichi - Leeds on Loan

Baha, Babic, Ramage and Appiah were some of the best players last season, they have not fair well for me in the Premiership before so i got great deals for them and brought in better replacements which I am very happy with. players like Gorkss, Blackstock, Agyemang, Alberti and Camp were all sold for decent amounts even without playing a game for the club last season.

I found it quite hard to bring in players for cheap to the club, and apart from the spanish free transfers I had to splash out a bit of Feghouli and N'Koulou just to bring a bit of class to the side. Missed out on Bojan he decided to go to Rangers instead! but never mind I have alot of young talent who could be hits and turn into Wonderkids this season! fingers crossed!!

So this is what the current squad looks like and i think will be for majority of the season...

GK - Renan/Lambo/Delle

DR - Vanden Borre/Opare

DL - Mattock/Rapnik

DC - N'Koulou/Tordoya

DC - Tamas/Hyland/Caroca

MR - Krivets/Foggia

ML - Feghouli/Ochirosli

MC - Zuculini/Bernardo

MC - Borges/Tales

FC - Altidore/Kadlec

FC - Choco/Christantus

It's a very young squad with the only players being over 22 are Tamas who is 25 and Foggia 26, could do with an experienced head in there, but i'm struggling to find a good enough one, I like playing with young squad but this is a bit too young lol. We will see how it goes, I like to save some money incase some big players become available during the season.

What do you guys think?

Hi everyone,

Started a Qpr save on FM09 last night and thought I would contribute to the thread. My FM08 QPR save was one of my most enjoyable games. I seem to have gone about things a bit differently than others on here. I have set myself a target of only using (where possible) British and English players, i.e the bulk of my signings are going to be brit/irish. I can however use the foreigners that are already in the team, Cerny etc.

oke doke,

so here are my signings - Kevin Doyle (as usual lol) £6 mil (looks like I overpaid a bit, but the bulk is over 24 months)

- Fabian Delph £725k

- Lewin Nyatanga £1.4 mil

- Billy Jones £1.8 mil

- Stephen Kelly £1.6 mil

- Victor Moses £1.8 mil

Im going to try to bring more British youngsters and push for success and (hopefully) win a major comp with than all british side. never done it before. have any of you guys tried this?

Its funny you want to go all british because for 5 games in a row in my third season i didnt even field an english player! (one scotsman in John Fleck was the only british player)

Just started a QPR Save myself, and been reading through this thread, im an arsenal fan at heart but have a soft spot for the super hoops :), wondered if any of the following are useful or become decent in the game,

Ross mccormack - Cardiff, value 250k, left winger

Kelly Youga - Charlton Leftback

Tommy Spurr - Sheff wed defender

Ishmael Miller - Westbrom, helped westbrom to 5th place on my arsenal game 1st season, not sure if he will come to the championship though?

Adem Ljajic - Costs about the same as J. fleck to bring in first season, and is supposedly fabregas potential(think man united signed him in real football if i remember right)

Joe Ledley.

Also i noticed alot of you got santon, im assuming this is on the demo? as when i got him on my arsenal save first season, he cost me about 8mil after bidding initially in the 3million region.

I have Adem Ljajic in my game and he is totally immense! his stats at the moment doesnt look as good as i thought they would be but he is a really good player.

Well ive started my fourth season as QPR now and it is going brilliant!

Transfers Out

Per Ciljan Skjelbred(9m)

Jelle Van Damme(released)

Sandy Paillot(4m)

various youngsters

Tansfers In

Jack Wilshire(free)- finally got him after 2 years of him not accepting Arsenals or my contract offer.

Jerome Boateng(free)

Matias Jorgensen(free) from Milan

Abate(regen)-1.6 mill from roma coming in January

Mario Balotelli(5 mill) from Inter. WHAT A BARGAIN!!

Michael Mancienne (4m)

Jeremy Menez(free)

Various youngsters.

Starting line up

Average squad age: 22

GK: Serigo Asenjo (got european GK of the year and is my captain now)

DR: Daniel Opare (very good right back and has matured immensely)

DL: Jerome Boateng (had to give him the highest wages to come but worth it)

DC: Matias Jorgensen (reliable centre back)

DC: Michael Mancienne (very good and quick centre back)

MCd: Franco Zuculini (a wonderkid who just turned 21 and is wanted by Spurs and Liverpool)

MCa: Jack Wilshire (all i have to say is: Wonderkid)

AMR: Sergio Mota (scores a decent amount of goals for a winger)

AML: Diego Buonanotte( top assister)

FC: Daniel Aquino (beast!)

FC: Paloschi (after two seasons he is finally finding his feet and scoring consistently)

Bench includes Adem Ljajic, Javier Saviola, John Fleck(inj), Jeremy Menez, Joe Hart, Razvan Rat and Amaury Bischoff and Fabien Delph.

What do you think of my team? Mid season i will try to prost pics and stuff. I have played about 7 games in the league and i am currently second a point behind Man City and i have already beaten Man united twice (league and Carling cup- i was at home in both games) and scored a last minute goal to draw at home to liverpool. The young team that i have been building since ive started this game are finally realising their potential (and the squad age is still only 22).

Time for a catch up...

Ended up finishing 8th in my 4th season, got pipped to the final Uefa place by Chelsea on the last day. Having lost Joe Hart to a longterm injury, I lost Ben Foster with 3 games to go and with all my prospects out on loan had to resort to a 16yr old youth keeper who promptly conceeded 9 goals!

Now in my 5th Season and sitting pretty at the top of the Prem, 2pts ahead of United and 9pts ahead of Liverpool in 3rd. After 4 successive titles Arsenal are languishing in 16th place and I've just done the double over them with a 4-1 home win to follow up the 6-1 hammering I dished out on the opening day!

The Arse got their revenge by dumping me out of the league cup 2-1 and Pompey did me by the same score in the FA Cup so it's league or bust.

Board only gave me £5.5m for continental qualification but managed to generate funds by selling Rafina (£14m Milan), Doyle (£6m WBA) & a further £5m of fringe reserve prospects.

Went for quality over quantity an signed Axel Witsel (£15m Standard) and Henri Saivet (£9m Ajax) both have been excellent although Witsel took a couple of months to hit form.

Tried, but failed to sign Dufour, Hamsik & Veloso on bosmans, but have managed to get Ramsey from Arsenal.

Added Gary Neville, Fabio Canavarro & Ole Solskjaer to my backroom staff and tied down virtually the entire squad to new longterm deals to fend off interest the big four.

I'll update at the end of the season.

Anyone managed to get a new stadium yet? I'm second in the league and with the team i got i think i can break into the top four(havent progressed since my last update though since i havent had a chance to play) but the board keep telling me there is no chance of a stadium expansion!!! Hopefully if i can win the league or get in the champs league they will give me a new stadium? Anybody have thoughts on this?

i managed to get an expansion to 25,000 capacity... looking at it realistically how hard it would be to find the appropriate amount of space for a new stadium in London that would be significant improvement on that, i don't know whether the game takes that into account or its just the board being tight lol

Sorry i forgot to say i have had expansions and it is 25,00 aswell but im unable to expand it futher. I think irl it would be possible as the club would sell their old stadium and then buy old buildings(in london there arelots of these around) to build on, just look at Arsenal.

just started my forth seaon in the prem with qpr

im on my 8 th prem game. Qpr are fourth. In the second round of Uefa Cup About to play Juventus.

1st 11

Tohmas Necid (10m)

Leonardo (700k) Victor Obinna (1.7m)

Jurado(4m) Danny de zew(10m) Deigo(free)

Barassoti (400k) Kyle Young(700k) Danny Shittu(6m) De Silvestri(35m)

Kasper Schimichael (4m)

Subs -

1. Aronica (1m)

2.Del Horno (1.4)

3.Carton Cole (2.3m)

4.Balanta

5.Buszaky

6.Tim Vincent(750 k)

7.Bischof(1.4m)

8.Radek Cerny

9. Michael Sturrage(5m)

Have two Under 21 England PLayers, and three under 19's all tipped to be future stars.

Aim to win the prem, uefa, fa, carling cups.

COME ON UUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'S !!!!!

hey, im in my 3rd season in the EPL, making it 4 in total. My aim is to make a team as english as possible, The best feature of my squad, was at some point i had 5 wonderkids in my starting 11 (mattock-santon-K.Papadopoulous-mascio-fausto rossi-sturridge) im in december right now, and going to be making some slight changes to the squad... im in 7th place right now, 3 from 4th spot liverpool, last game lost to aston villa 4-2 at villa park, who are first in the league at the moment. next game is at home with chelsea!!

GK

akinfeev(starter)-bought for 20 million euros growing into the most influential player in my squad!!! got a rating of 9.1 against MAN-UTD at loftus road, and we stole a victory 2-0!!

ben foster-got him in at 1.8million euros could resist, unhappy though, cause he doesnt play very much due to akinfeev

viviano-will be sold to either barcelona or udinese in january(hopefully)

LB

mattock(starter)-My favourite player, just love this guy!, has scored a couple of vital goals aswell. doesnt seem to be distratced by interest from the big four either, which is good.

Crawford(regen)-useless player, just needed cover, im looking at bringing in someone in january

RB

santon(starter)-Very good player, but has stagnatd of late, might want to move on, so i might sell him

southern(regen)-amazing stats, at 17 full england U-21 international, surprisingly giving santon a run for his money

CB

k.papadopoulos(starter)-biggest surprise, i never thought he would evolve so much, is currently being chased by juventus, which has unsettled him, trying to keep him, might be too hard come the summer, especially if he keeps playing the way he has the past 3 months

beevers(starter)-bought him off MAN-UTD for 8million euros, paying off his debt quite well up till now

Connolly-captain of my QPR squad, never complains real soldier, always performs well, when plays, considering selling him in the summer, to make space for G.Kelly

fatic-decent cover for the first team, is unhappy, as isnt playing as much as hed like, might sell him during january window, if not, the summer for sure.

G.kelly(regen)-scottish U21 starter at 16!! originally a RB, being retrained to a CB, to take over connolly role

MC

mascio(starter)-best player by far i have, wanted by all the european powerhouses

parrett(starter)-underachiever, dissapointed with him so-far

fossatti-got him from inter, i have high hopes for him to replace mascio, i dont think he can yet

leigertwood-will be leaving at the end of the season, as his contract ends,

LM

aaron doran(starter)-retrained position, good player, inconsistenr for me, im thinking moving fleck to the left and slotting giovinco in the AMC spot?

ephraim-decent sub, and doesnt complain, real soldier

RM

fausto rossi(starter)-retrained position, among my most consistant top performers

mark clarke(regen)-bought in for 4 million euros, starter for england U-21, 18 years old

AM

fleck(starter)-only starting because giovinco was seriously out of form when i got him

giovinco-bought for 1.8 million euros, real bargain!!

ST

sturridge(starter)-unhappy as he is wanted by liverpool

konan-unhappy, no playing time

milton(regen)-14million euros from chelsea-considered beter than strridge, 17 years old

Just finished my 6th EPL season (7th overall) and still no silverware :( But finished 2nd in the league which guaranteed my a CL spot for the first time after I failed in the Euro League the previous years ;)

Brought in a couple of newgens for the new season, mostly 16-18 yr old talents. This is my biggest signing for £16.5M. My main scout says Burns has still potential left.

Gary Burns, Centre Midfielder

burns.jpg

I see a few people have made Parejo a permanent fixture.....how did you get him to come? I am top of the league, he is playing well, banging in the goals, happy and despite this he won't come to QPR. Did you have to wait until the end of the season when promotion is in the bag?

Just kicked off my 5th Prem season (6th season overall) with a 1-0 win at Sunderland.

Finished last season 2nd, 4pts behind United & 5pts ahead of City. Injuries to Bojan & Falcao in the last weeks of the season took their toll and I only picked up 1pt from the last 3 games.

Champs League qualification plus £39m transfer budget for a Title Challenge certainly helped improve the calibre of pre-season purchases.

OUT:

Falcao (£20m Atletico Madrid) - good striker but only made 19 starts due to injuries

Antonia Valencia (£9.5m Sunderland) - never really proved his worth and again injury prone

Dan Sturridge (£8.5m Pompey) - never quite did enough to justify breaking up my first choice strikeforce

Nyatanga (£8.5m Man U) - Hardly featured last year so a great piece of business

IN:

Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal £33m)

Jozy Altidore (Villarreal £33m)

Andrea Pirlo (Milan £1.1m

Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal Free)

Costello (Bolton £6.5m) - a 16yr old regen with great potential

The key members of my squad are:

GK: Foster/Hart

RB: Van den Borre/Gosling

LB: Mattock/Sankhare

CB: Kompany/Rodwell/Onouha/Subotic

LAM: Drenthe/Douglas Costa

RAM: Saivet/Wilnaldum

CM: Delph/Johnson/Witsel/Ramsey/Pirlo

ST: Bojan/Rossi/Altidore

Stadium capacity is upto 25k and the board says the council will not allow further expansion.

Archived