Queens Park Rangers - Where money is no issue.

haza555

End of season review

I've just finished my third season. Finished 5th in the league, Liverpool were clear winners, but there a difference of 1-2 points between 2nd and 6th. Got to the Euro Cup Final against arch-rivals Chelsea and scraped a 1-0 victory. Really tense game, and they must've had about 5 times as many chances as me and a good penalty call dismissed, but we managed to just do enough! Also got the Carling cup this season too, so not bad at all. Suffering slightly from Arsenal syndrome as I have a team of great youngster's. I think that the addition of a couple of top drawer, mentally strong players will get me well and truly up with the big boys next season.

Players

Jack Wilshere is developing like a beast and I recommend buying him if you get the chance. His stats are literally shooting up all the time. Rodwell, Gosling, Mancienne, Opare, Saivet, Altidore and Shelvey are also coming along great and should all play a big part next season.

Next step...

Off season now, time to reshuffle my back-room staff as I reckon I can get those stars up to seven now. Couple of the scouts can go too.

The board won't upgrade the capacity yet as it's reached it's limit, so will hopefully get a new stadium this season or next. And work on a new formation that utilises the talents of my players.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After judicious use of the editor to reflect latest player releases/instances of players becoming unsettled etc, I started a new game with 16.25 million pounds and decided to play an attacking-minded 4-4-2 with a high back line, playing offside. I sold Blackstock, Mahon, Leigertwood and Stewart right away.

I focused on the defence and midfield, buying two monster DCs -- Miranda and Caceres (the Paraguyan 29-year-old) -- as well as Rat. I got Seitaridis, the unsettled Greek DR/WBR on loan and bought Scotti. In midfield, I went for Appiah on a free, Lyon DMC Fabio Santos on loan, snapped up Maniche (a star buy) as well as Strakhonovich and Krivets, the Belarussians. Up front I goofed badly with Adriano from Shakhtar (who IRL scored the first goal in the UEFA Cup final this year) and Benitez. However I play these two I cannot get them to score. They stand around in the area with the ball at their feet and wait to be dispossessed. It's infuriating. I also bought Salvio.

It is now late December in my first season and I am top by about 10 points, thanks in large part to my fantastic defenders and a 100 percent home record. My two top scorers with seven goals each are the DCs. The strikers now have eight goals between them.

The surprises so far have come on the right wing, where Rowlands and Seitaridis are good and Routledge is lousy. On the left, Krivets is doing well, but Cook is badly overrated.

I have Zuculini and the keeper Erick Delgado coming in on Jan 1st. I can't get anyone else interested in joining me but that will change once I'm promoted. I desperately need a striker and will look closely at Alex Teixeira (spelling?), the young Brazilian. I am selling Agyemang/Vine/Helguson/Hall/Maguire/Gorkss/Connolly because while they may be good enough for the Championship, they're clearly not good enough for the Premiership.

My team is pretty settled:

GK - Cerny (perfectly good enough for the Championship)

DL - Rat (back-up Delaney)

DR - Seitaridis (Ramage/Scotti)

DC - Miranda (Scotti)

DC - Caceres (Delaney)

MR - Rowlands

ML - Krivets (Strakhonovich)

MC - (attacking) Maniche (Taarabt/Rowlands/Strakhonovich)

MC - (defensive) Santos (Appiah/Jordi)

FC - Adriano/Ephraim (I know, I'm desperate)

FC - Benitez/Salvio

Zico-You should have looked on this page before you started, there's a couple of people who were moaning about Adriano and Benitez up front and how bad they were together. Adriano probably works fine if you set up a system for him to play in, but I don't think benitez is the partner for him. I used Balanta and Choco alongside Benitez, got me loads of goals. Make sure you've got good service too. I kept Leigterwood and Rowlands and bought Krivets, Lulinha, Rose(don't bother) and Moses. I'd buy Delph if you get the chance to do so. Oh and make sure you buy Schneiderlin(Southampton), he is the NUTS in my save. I left it and got someone else, now he's worth £10m and plays for Fulham with the top four chasing him.

yeh Zico check out Delph, start of thir season, my second in prem and Delph just got an England cap, and he got 14 goals last year

for strikers check out Dentinho, I taught him round keeper and since then hes been scoring for fun now hes a wonderkid with 19 dribbling, 15 finishing 15 composure and great physical stats and mental

Eurgh.....Just been given £36m in the kitty for the same goals as last season, to qualify for europe. I suspect that in reality I will challenge for the title, but it would've given me a measly £3m extra and the same wage budget. If the club gets into too much debt, they won't build that new stadium I'm hankering for. Anyway, thats not the problem, it's who I can bring in. Adriano is good, but as he slips down the ranks, I suspect he'll become more of a pain. Benitez has been okay for two seasons, but he's getting less prolific as time goes on and it might be time for him to go. I'm thinking Hulk, who is available for about £15m and Foti who is valued at £2.2m and looks good value. In defence, David Luiz is available for £7m. Ephraim, maybe Moses and Choco can leave to make room. All of those wage increase clauses have caught up with me and I need a of room for new lads to come in. It's taking me ages as I'm half stuck to the real football on TV.

Any bargain buys out there people?

guys what leagues are u also running and do u load players from any other countries

I think I've got england league two and above. Scotland IPL only.

Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Holland, Russia, Argentina, Brazil Top divisions only.

All english players loaded.

I'd probably only 'load all players from...' if you're doing a really low division team. I'd probably add the second divisions for this lot too if I had a chance to change it.

dandare_169

If you're starting a new game with Q.P.R. I recommend Nordveit, Choco, Benitez, Delph, Poli, Krivets, Regini, Mattock, Lulinha, Zuculini, Schneiderlin(southampton in case spelling is wrong), Asenjo, Opare(if he'll come maybe loan to buy). None of this lot should cost you more than £2m(Delph, Mattock and Schneiderlin). Nordveit won't come till his loan ends in January, but as soon as he gets back to Arsenal he won't come at all so do it early!! The back line is okay at Q.P.R. and with this lot you can easily get promoted first time.

poli has developed well in my game too, the same infact.

I need a second defensive mid to play behind Zuculini, Appiah's wages rose 25 percent and he's getting paid way too much for what he offers, and what he is, a backup on my team.

I'm thinking of bringing in Poli, or Miles Addison. Addison is English which is always good because Poli might not be able to adapt, and honestly addison looks like a physical beast , anyone got experience with either?

edit-start of november of third season

Well Necid is already out 4 months with a torn calf. So for the past games I brought in Dentinho to play striker from the left wing, at home liverpool I won 6-0, honestly I can't believe that I hardly ever beat top teams let alone by 6, but the price? Dentinho out 4 months with a torn calf. Altidore is all I have, might have to bring Neymar back from loan and start blooding him early.

my two top strikers both get torn calfs for 4 months, what are the odds eh?

poli has developed well in my game too, the same infact.

I need a second defensive mid to play behind Zuculini, Appiah's wages rose 25 percent and he's getting paid way too much for what he offers, and what he is, a backup on my team.

I'm thinking of bringing in Poli, or Miles Addison. Addison is English which is always good because Poli might not be able to adapt, and honestly addison looks like a physical beast , anyone got experience with either?

I wouldn't rely on Poli for defensive duties, he's a good central midfielder, but hasn't got what it takes against good teams in that anchorman role. He'd be okay in front of Zuculini, with the little guy mopping up behind Poli. How much is Poli worth in your game now?

I don't go much on Addison, unless he's got a random PA and is better on your game. He looks average to me. I'll have a look on my shortlist and see if there's anyone I can recommend.

He is a decent Championship player IMO. Did well for me with Derby.

Don't know if he is prem standard though. May be able to find someone better (cant think off the top of my head)

to me he looks like similar stats to appiah. Ok and also I know Appiah is good he always performs great for me even in prem but to me his stats dont seem amazing yet he still plays great, I just attributed to his strong physicals? I don't know.

i'm just looking for a defensive midfielder who's big and strong and can hold the ball and win the midfield battle in the air, do you think old Miles is on the same level as Appiah or no?

I'd go for another target personally. Depends how much you want to spend but there are the likes of Radoslav Kovac, Gaby Mudingayi, Javi Garcia, Andre Bikey.

Try doing a player filter on Appiah and see who comes up. Personally i wouldn't sign him

I'd steer well clear of Addison.

It's hard to say who to have in that position without knowing your budget. I'd play Zuculini there every time if I had him. Have you looked at Schneiderlin from Southamptom? If you can get him it's well worth it, he's immense. Went to fulham for £2.7m, now worth £10m.

My Defensive Midfielder is Maduro, with Nordveit or Gosling as back-up.

despite all advice and I know there are probably way better players, I'm going to sign Miles Addison. You guys are right probably, I just want to try to keep more english players in the team, such as signing Aaron Lennon as a backup when much better right wingers are available for similar price, and Zuculini and Rodwell would get most of the time at DM anyways, Addison would be thrid choice, first choice against weak UEFA cup and league and FA cup games. I'll post how it goes, maybe he's a disaster but his physicals and youth, to me he looks like potential but then again I'm not great at all at judging players.

despite all advice and I know there are probably way better players, I'm going to sign Miles Addison. You guys are right probably, I just want to try to keep more english players in the team....

Fair enough mate, no problem with that. I sold 3-4 players in a january window that I'd only bought in August, made a nice profit too. In the season that your playing I picked up a Welsh 17y.o. DefMid that is quality so set your scouts out and you might find a cheap star by January.:thup:

Right.. decided to start a Q.P.R career ....

I should first tell everyone straight off the bat that im playing an edited database which has q.p.r directers and board members richer then they were represented in game... ie.. their resources are changed from eg. 15 to 20 .

I have also cleared out all staff members...

apart from this.. ive changed nothing.. the reason behind the changes are simply that I was reading up on Q.P.R's new owners and collectively they are the second richest club around and I want to see what I can build with the wealth, but didnt want to simply add millions upon millions to my budget, but see if my board give me the backing or not .. clearly their approach isnt as drastic as man city's and didnt want to lose that kind of club.

SO

My approach will be to clear out as much of the first team as I can and build my own from scratch if possible.. and Im trying to keep it as british as possible aswell, but I wont hesitate to go abroad if I cant find anyone at home..

Il post my transfers and pre season results etc soon.. im just in the middle of transfers now :)

I've been up far too long playing tonight, off season always takes me ages.

Good idea to clear out the staff welshace, I started before I even realised I had the editor. Got stuck with an assistant manager which the board wouldn't let me get rid of. I mean most clubs would let a new manager pick his backroom staff, surely?

Anyway, good luck with the Q.P.R game. It's quite a good one what with all the potential and that, plus the board will get more and more generous as you progress. If you persist, you should be able to get a new stadium within four seasons. Check out the posts on this page, there's loads on the do's and dont's for this team. Good to see you're keeping it British.

despite all advice and I know there are probably way better players, I'm going to sign Miles Addison. You guys are right probably, I just want to try to keep more english players in the team, such as signing Aaron Lennon as a backup when much better right wingers are available for similar price, and Zuculini and Rodwell would get most of the time at DM anyways, Addison would be thrid choice, first choice against weak UEFA cup and league and FA cup games. I'll post how it goes, maybe he's a disaster but his physicals and youth, to me he looks like potential but then again I'm not great at all at judging players.

Lee Cattermole would be a better choice if you want an English DM.

after a few poor performances, disaster struck! David Beckham broke his leg and is out for 5 to 6 months.

Ah never mind, you'll still get revenue from his hair gel, razors, aftershave and shirt sales:D

I can't justify buying him, I tried getting him as he's on a free in 4 months and he still wants £100k p/w and £40k appearance fee's!!:eek:

to get a better Assistant Manager make the current one a coach

Started up a brand new game just to see if that worked, and yep you were right. Don't think it's worth throwing away three seasons worth of my current Q.P.R save though;)

I wish I'd done that at the start! He's one of the worst coaches on the game.

Just starting a game as Q.P.R now. Anything you guys advice to do straight from the off?

buy Dentinho and Mark Beevers, Mark Beevers is now a top 5 centerback in EPL and Dentinho is a wonderkid 19 dribbling 16 physical stats, 13 strenggth, 15 finishing and composure

Dentinho btw got me 26 goals first season, took some time to adapt but second half of the season i never had a player more dominant, played ok next year in EPL 13 goals in 30 apps 7.34 rating but now third season he was playing incredible 16 goals in 13 7.9 rating average games befor sadly he tore his calf for 4 months

other good talents are Delph, Mattock, Ochiriichii, and Silviu Lung Jr.

Just starting a game as Q.P.R now. Anything you guys advice to do straight from the off?

Yeah, sack all the staff apart from oliviera who you should re-sign as a coach and one of the physios that has 16 as physio stat. Neri is a good Assistant manager for Q.P.R.

Have a look at the posts on this page, I did one with the players I'd get if I started again. And get Appiah too, he's free from the start. I didn't get him first time round.

Krivets will ask for low wages but be generous as he'll get a lot of offers from different clubs.

Yeah, i look to sign Appiah with any club outside the top 4-ish. I have appointed the Italian U21 manager as my assistant. He has good stats. Really think i need to sack all my coaches? I'll take a look to see how bad they are now :p

I had a game as Q.P.R before but i had an injury crisis, was sacked, then Lazio offered me the job who i took into Europe. Hopefully i'll make it to Europe with Q.P.R this time round.

I'm in the same position lol Am looking to sign the likes of Shelvey, Mattock, Santon, Beevers ets but some advice would be welcome. :)

I just mean like do any of the strikers not score. Any of the players just generally bad?

I've got Kieran Gibbs coming in for £1.5m so he will be playing on the left midfield. May get rid of Routledge or Eprahiam.

Also i have bolstered the defence. Signed Beevers, £1.8m. And Mattock, £1.6m + Blackstock.

May try to offload some of the defenders.

I just mean like do any of the strikers not score. Any of the players just generally bad?

I've got Kieran Gibbs coming in for £1.5m so he will be playing on the left midfield. May get rid of Routledge or Eprahiam.

Off of the top of my head, Agyemang, Blackstock, Mahon and maybe Lee Cook(not worth £20k per week in my eyes). Helgusson and Vine will score goals, but I'd get a decent striker as first choice and rotate those two around him. Then sell 'em in January when the interest is high otherwise you'll get penny's. You can sell Cerny in January for £2.5m even if his value is only £1m, Lee Camp will do a fine job for the championship.

I have sold Agyemang, £425k. Blackstock rejected Leiceister so Mattock deal fell through. Trying again though. I'll try and offload Mahon and Cook. After Dentinho as a striker. Also trying to get Nemeth on loan with a low future fee as he turns out brilliant if played.

Getting frustrated now as Mattock has decided he doesn't want leave. Initially he accepted but Dex rejected. Now Dex accepts but Mattock rejects :@

I have sold Agyemang, £425k. Blackstock rejected Leiceister so Mattock deal fell through. Trying again though. I'll try and offload Mahon and Cook. After Dentinho as a striker. Also trying to get Nemeth on loan with a low future fee as he turns out brilliant if played.

Getting frustrated now as Mattock has decided he doesn't want leave. Initially he accepted but Dex rejected. Now Dex accepts but Mattock rejects :@

I had the same problem with p/x for Mattock, do the transfers seperately if not.

Archived