Queens Park Rangers - Where money is no issue.

haza555

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Guys,

I'm currently playing online with a friend, and my team is QPR. Our first season is done and i'm heavely disappointed with my first season were I finished 7th. I can use some advice on which tactic is the best for my first eleven, and maybe in wich area i can improve

My current tactic is like this:

---------------Cerny--------------

Ramage--Spencer--Beevers--Mattock

Schouw--Delph--Mccarthy--Lovenkrands

------------Xisco--Laurito---------

Im not on my computer right now so i can't remember my reserve squad. But maybe this is all you guys need to know, to point out any suggestions.

Tnx!

That team should be more than good enough to get out of the championship. Laurito will score a lot of goals, and Delph, Beevers and Mattock will all develop into class players and England internationals.

Tactics wise, it depends on who you are playing, and your specific players abilities and what instructions they can handle. 4-4-2 is just a formation! Can vary massively depending on the instructions you give your players.

Your team is frankly brilliant. Apart from your central defensive pairing. They're too inexperienced. Also you probably need a new goalkeeper. But that team is just ridiculously good apart from the centre backs. If I had that team I would have pulverised the competition. As for tactics I can only suggest general things such as a direct passing style along with quick tempo with passes down the wings. I can't really recommend anything else as all instructions have to be personalised and tweaked gradually. Just play loads of friendlies and tweak your tactics as you go along. Also push your wingers up to AML/R.

And "the next Clarence Seedorf". He's improving quite rapidly.

michaelpeterson221114.th.jpg

This season we completed our youth system upgrades, State-of-th-Art and an Academy. The board apparently considers it one of the best setups in the world.

Now I'm waiting for them to propose a new stadium.

He doesn't look nearly as good as mine. I guess that's because of a lack of first team football. Balanta plays most matches for me as a sub and plays all Cup games and fills in whenever someone is injured. It's a bit late for him now. I think he's probably at his peak on your game because his CA points have gone on hidden stats. And the CB is great but the MC doesn't look mind blowingly good because of his physical stats. Looks like a Fabregas. I've got a great left winger and a decent centre back from my youth system but that's about it. I've had the facilities upgraded as well which is probably how I got my left winger.

Yeah, I agree about the MC. But Seedorf was never a hugely physical player, right? He will probably be good technically, but I don't know if that will be enough to cut it regularly in my first team as I play fast, physical football. And none of those players began in my youth system; I stole them all. Next season will be my first seeing the new youth academy regens.

And Balanta still can't be offloaded - good grief!

In my 3rd season, going strong. Managed to get promotion through the playoffs and then an amazing 9th place in the prem.

Its all down to excellent signings, oddly including David Beckham for £11 (£1 + £10 after 50 games) in the first season.

d6b29c83a6286e4eca938ae221510f3a8dba5288.png

419e9c0cde8ebd43c0821f61393369ca70e40384.png

1e9890d0b2fae0c018d894626ab4a7195af0e757.png

453572ead4273f26c3cdea2a216a50fff234e29c.png

Benjani?????????????????????????????????????????????????? I wouldn't have bought him in League One. And why loan Balanta and Ephraim out when they are the best two prospects and better than some of your buys? Jiranek is a great buy though along with Stendardo and Foster. Good results I guess.

Benjani?????????????????????????????????????????????????? I wouldn't have bought him in League One. And why loan Balanta and Ephraim out when they are the best two prospects and better than some of your buys? Jiranek is a great buy though along with Stendardo and Foster. Good results I guess.

I had better players than them atm. Plus Balanta didnt look like he was going to be anything special an Ephraims stamina was too low to last a full game.

.Your right Benjani was awful got about 4 goals all season, just needed a striker tbh shouldve searched more.

Really enjoyin playing as QPR at the mo, lying in 4th at christmas in 1st season. Got a few players I signed that I haven't noticed in this thread yet:

Jorge Ribeiro (D/WBL) - Signed from Benfica for £1.1M. Looks easily good enough for the prem, but has been kept out of the side by Insua so far.

Antonio Canadas (AM RC) - Signed as cover for midfield for £250k. Absolute beast from dead balls (FK 20, Long shots 18, Corners 16). Ended up being first team instead of backup.

Stephen Kelly (D/WBR) - £900k from B'ham. Will probably still cut it in the prem.

Waldo Ponce (DC) - £2M rock at the back.

I think QPR are my favourite team in FM09, I've so far played 3 games with them. Here are my latest season 1 team:

GK - Dennis Gentenaar (listed by Ajax - £400k)

DR - Leigertwood

DL - Delaney

DC - Ramage

DC - Gary Medel (Universidad Catolica - £1.8m)

MR - Ephraim

ML - Cook

MC - Rowlands

MC - Mahon/Miller

ST - Christian Benitiz (Santos Laguna - £1.6m)

ST - Humberto Suazo - (Monterrey - £1.3m)

After 5 injuries in 1 game I was forced to put on Buzsaky with his orange injury only for him to be taken off with a hip injury.

Out have gone: Crowther £10k, Stewart £240k, Agyemang £350k, Vine £375k, Blackstock £130k, Hall £550k.

I have Ciurlizza coming on a free and young DC Thiago Cardoso for £240k when he's old enough.

The new signings are mostley going well, Medel despite being only 5'8'' has good physical stats and is averaging over 7, Benitiz is simply a match winner at this level and has 11 from 13, Gentenaar seems an all round better keeper than Cerny but I have to consider him a short term signing. The fly in the ointment is Suazo, only 3 goals in 15 games, hopefully once they all settle and I get more creativity from Ciurlizza's arrival it'll start happening for him.

I've also got my eye on Marvin Angula Borbon at Herediano in Costa Rica, great stats for a DR/MR and cheap at £350k, just have to patient to allow him to accrue enough caps to get a work permit in the January window.

Steven Fletcher has saved my skin so far this season.. I've been preforming terribly most of the season but with Fletchers goals I'm in 17th and not 24th! Signed Fletcher, Michael Ball, Andy Driver and Sergio Sanchez and haven't sold anyone yet.. Everyone i think would be best for their position usually preformes terribley! don't know what I'm doing wrong with this save.. In January now and I'm deffinetly going to get the sack if I don't kick off from now. First season by the way

hello all again... all my other long term saves are finished so i thought id try something different and go for a q.p.r save... who i think have unlimited potential with all the backing they have and the possible fan base in london.... ive just started pre season... just about finished my transfers aswell.

08132009012022.th.jpg

as you can see... a major overhaul of the team.. i felt the benefit of building a team from scratch outweighed the detrimental effects of doing so like team harmony.. and this team should do me well all the way into the premiership and beyond i think..

Any players i bought you havent seen before i highly recommend you take a look.. they are all superb.. i took a long time searching around for the best players.. and some old favourites of course :)

so my tactic for the season will look like this.

08132009012331.th.jpg

with borges being my playmaking mid creating all the chances and torres mopping up everything that comes anywhere near him ala mascherano...

beckford and kalinic should get a lot of goals this season and hopefully in the prem too..

Good buys, mostly Bulgarians it seems. But is Beckford really work that much? Is he that much better in 9.03 than 9.02? Because in 9.02 he wasn't that great. Also what leagues have you loaded and what's the database size?

large database .. only loaded full english league with most south american countries +romania +france bulgaria etc all players loaded..

also use the ultimate retain players ddt

yeah the bulgarians are all fantastic.. il stick up some screenies of them in a while when i get home.. ive just finished first season in 2nd or 3rd (cant remember :s ).. but got promoted which is the main thing...

beckford is a great striker and has improved this season. and more importantly im a big fan of him irl (leeds fan)

although he didnt get many games as i aquired john fleck after my last transfer screenshot... and he's been playing up front with kalinic and doing well for a teenager... think he scored something like 17 in 30, which im happy with...

kalinic was top of the scoring charts with 28-29 i think.... with borges the main assister and scoring a dozen or so from midfield too..

beckford only got about 12 games and scored around 4 or 5 which isnt great but he's steadily improved and tbh.. looks every bit the premiership footballer now..

he's got 16 for pace and acceleration and finishing, 15 for heading, composure, determination and jumping.. 14 for heading etc.... so he's a great little all rounder who should do well i think..

i remember ive put in cheeky early bids for marquinhos and keirrison .. both for 1mil up front and 10mil over 24months... should get them both which will improve my team no end.. , also i put in a bid for schneiderlin for the d/cm position as juan manuel torres was picking up too many cards... think il flog him .. middlesbro and a few other prem teams were interested...

il update properly when i get home :)

as promised.. here are a few screenies...

heres borges... probably my player of the season... and is looking fantastic.. brilliant player.. i had forgotten about him for many of my last saves ive played as i looked at delph and stilic first... but borges is still the best youn amc around for the money..

08132009185120.th.jpg

heres ivanov , looking every bit the premiership cb now too.. great purchase even though he was outshone by the always brilliant Gioda..

08132009185304.th.jpg

and heres Beckford... hasnt really settled this season but i think il definately keep him and start him for the premiership .. his stats look great imo

08132009185417.th.jpg

and im quite excited about my young keeper too

08132009185956.th.jpg

he's looking good to be backup to a top keeper who im hoping to bring in for my prem season.. il get rid of cerny and camp i think

kalinic hasnt improved as much as id hoped but i still think he can do a good job in the premiership for us

08132009190130.th.jpg

ive always found it hard to find a great rw for cheap.. apart from krivets or puri.. but i found this guy who had great technical and mental stats but his physicals needed work.. i gave him his own heavy physical training schedule.. and he's looking fantastic

08132009190239.th.jpg

my apology for the triple posting.. :)

Beckford looks good but his goalscoring record is pathetic. Those players look brilliant but Kalinic is a bit rubbish. He had 17 finishing at the start of my game.

yeah he didnt get any string of games going together.. fleck was too much on form..

and i wouldnt say kalinic is rubbish...

he's got 15+ on every key stat needed for a targetman and will improve no end... he's one of those strikers who just have a knack of scoring..

got keirrison coming in and marquinhos... and also schneiderlin... i think we'll do well in the prem

nah.. bored of zuculini... dont like buying the same old players every save.. schneiderlin has the potential to improve and i hope i can get the best out of him...he'll rotate with juan manuel torres until i can find which plays better in the prem

and ive always staved of buying marquinhos and keirrison.. so i thought id give them a go and see what the fuss is all about..

had cheeky bids in for roque santa cruz (blackburn were relegated) and buonanotte but both went elsewhere :(

need backup and competition for mattock so ive bid for martin olsson... he looks great..

planning to play marquinhos at rw and partner keirrison with kalinic or a top targetman, if i can find one

ooo also got chris samba in.. he's looking immense... should be the experience and power i need in defence alongside ivanov and gioda

ivanov is being targeted by some of the top clubs in europe.... particular interest from the bundesliga with teams being quoted saying they'll bid ariund 15mil for him.. dont think il let him go though.. he's looking fantastic

over the last two months the chairman has twice increased our budget by throwing cash into the coffers.. i always thought only sugardaddy's did this though? not that im complaining ...

ive had a stadium increas, facility upgrade and new sponsors , things are looking superb financially.. also overhauled my staffroom.. bringing in top coaches and some old favourites..... ive got solskjaer, zidane, beardsley, and a load others coaching now.. :)

in the annual youth intake i got a load of crap ones but one which was described as 'possibly the best player of his generation' .. he's a striker.. and looks fantastic.. already has 15+ in some key stats ...

so all is looking good for us... yay...

most enjoyable save ive had for a while..

I started this game with QPR with the objective of winning the Champions League within 6seasons - 1st- Promotion, 2nd- Top 10, 3rd- EUFA Cup Place, 4th & 5th- Champions League Place and 6th- Champions League Winners. Simple, and whilst on the way I'd like to win the Premier Leauge (around4th/5th season), and any Cup competitions would be a bonus!

1st Season - 1st Championship

Pld-Won-Drn-Lst-For-Ag-GD-Pts

46 31 8 7 94 43 51 101

This came a shock to me, although I was expecting and aiming for automatic promotion I was pleasantly surprised how well the team gelled together to start with; after I had heavily strengthed, in my opinion an average side. When making my signings I was buying players who I thought would be able to do an excellent job in the Chmpionship, and be good enough to play in the Premiership; with the exception of Mark Viduka..just Championship there! David Beckham was my top peformer with Av.R 7.32, 21Asts & 11Gls. Kevin Doyle topped my scorers with 24, followed by Mark Viduka(12), Lewandowski(11) & Damion Stewart(11).

Transfers In:

Robert Lewandoski

Kevin Doyle

Razvan Rat

Davide Santon

Robbie Lee-Crawford

Andy Carroll (Loan)

Mark Viduka

Sebastian Larrson

Andrew Driver

David Beckham

Transfers Out:

Patrick Agyemang

Gavin Mahon

Damien Delaney

Dexter Blackstock

Rowan Vine

Wayne Routledge(Loan)

Prefferd Starting Line Up

Cerny

Santon Stewart Gorkss Rat

Beckham Larsson Leigertwood Driver

Viduka Doyle/Lewandowski

I have high hopes for this side in the Premiership, and I am in the process of strengthening the team in Pre-Season. I'll keep you all posted(2nd Season should involve some ScreenShots hopefully!)

nicely done tom.. interesting signings too.. most will certainly be prem quality next season...

you'll definately need to overhaul your cb's and cm's though i imagine...

for the prem.. consider swapping beckham and larsson over... larsson is a solid rw and beckham imo wworks much much better in the centre mid role in the fast paces premiership

kutgw

in my last save with portsmouth beckham got 16 goals and 20 assists from the centre mid position

nicely done tom.. interesting signings too.. most will certainly be prem quality next season...

you'll definately need to overhaul your cb's and cm's though i imagine...

for the prem.. consider swapping beckham and larsson over... larsson is a solid rw and beckham imo wworks much much better in the centre mid role in the fast paces premiership

kutgw

in my last save with portsmouth beckham got 16 goals and 20 assists from the centre mid position

Thanks, I agree undoubtedly about improving the CB and CM postitions. I've focused my attentions on these two postitions. I felt that I had enough quality to get by in the Championship and focused my attentions on other postitions then, but there is no way that Stewart, Gorkss and Leigertwood are good enough week in week out for the Premiership. So far I have been able to get Diego Lugando on a free after he was released(Quite Happy about that), Leo, Colloccini, Chygrynski and Jorge Andrade(another bargain!) to bulster up my defence; and in Midfield i've got Gilberto Silva, Wijnaldum, Wilshere, Tales and Szabo(Regen). I've also tried rading the transfer list, with Roysten Drenthe, Aldo Durcsher, Marek Jankulovski, Marco Matterazzi and Hugo Viana; but to no avail. Also snattched Morgan De Sanctis to replace Raken Cerny in goal, which I felt was needed, and signed Ariza Makukula from Benfica as a targetman- due to my doubts over Mark Viduka.

I take your advice about switching Beckham into a more central role in good stead. I tried him out there when I first signed him, but felt I would be able to get the most out of him in the Championship out wide. I've also played Seb Larrson at RM a few occasions and he didn't put a foot wrong, as well as at RB. I've heard that Santon can play a more attacking role to, but never played him there throughout various savings.

Just about to kick-off against Newcastle on the opening day, wish me luck!

Tom.

wow.. great signings there mate...

coloccini, leo, chygrynski, lugano and andrade are world class... nicely done... im in the same position as you.. im into the second season transfer window going into the prem.. trying to strengthen..

santon for me is a pure winger.... he's nowhere near good enough for the rb role... but thats a matter of taste.. i prefer my fullbacks to be defensive first and foremost.... players like gretnar steinsson etc...

anyway on my game my first team XI is looking like this so far

08142009182157.th.jpg

its looking very strong in my opinion and im only concerned about bringing in some competition for my fullback roles (bids in for martin olsson and zuiverloon)

and possibly midfield (bring in an old experienced head to help the young uns)

if theres enough money left over.. il get a top class targetman aswell

im very happy with my buys so far.. i think ive had fantastic buys in tosic (who ive been tapping up all first season), boruc (top keeper) and the two brazilians...

08142009182429.th.jpg

I'm more than happy about Diego Lugano and Andrade. As i mentioned Lugano came to me on a free, and payed around 600k for andrade, so bargains imo.

Nice team there too. From previous games I've found that Marquinhos reguarly finds his way to Barcelona, and have just taken a closer look at him after my Chairman gave me a nice cash injection! And then might save Keirrison for January, don't want to get carried away with myself now! I was very interested in Joe Mattock and Jermaine Beckford at the start of my frist season, but ended up buying alternative players. How have they turned out? As for Davide Santon, he was my first choice RB in a previous all-conquoring Tottenham team right from go, and never put a foot wrong (apart from disliking Gareth Bale!), and with my FullBacks I to be more attack minded shall we say...I'm from the "score one more than you" school of management.

I had a similar situation to you situation to you, in as such I wanted an experience ol' head in the midfield, my first choice was Patrick Viera..but he laughed in my face. So I ended up getting Gilberto Silva for £2m, I think he should do the trick for a season or two, untill can get someone of a higher pedigree. If you have found yourself with enough money for a top-quality target man, my recomendations would be Oscar Cardozo from Benfica. Rifled in long range efforts, headers and free-kicks for my Tottenham team well into his 30s. I'll get some screenies of how my team is doing once I get into full flow of Premier League.

Tom

mattock is doing fine.. ive always found he improves steadily but slowly .. so im happy enouhg for him to be 1st team starter...he's solid enough

08152009000743.th.jpg

and beckford is looking quality... he didnt get going last season but im a big fan of him irl so il stick by him and see how he does.. if not.. im sure i can flog him fora pretty penny

08152009001346.th.jpg

well instead of getting in experience in .. i went for cattermole... 8million + juan manuel torres was a great deal i think.. and cattermole will be perfect for defensive cm role ..and possibly my captain too...

put in a bid for paloschi as he's looking world class... but i pulled out and thought id stick by my strikeforce of Kalinic, Keirrison, Beckford and Fleck for this season... they should score enough tbh

I feel the only positions im a little short with are amc (i have borges and james McCarthy.. who are both great but not top top players)

and possibly RB where i have my current captain.. he's great but no real backup

08152009001258.th.jpg

Been playing as QPR for a while now and im sitting 5th in the premiership on january 3rd which I think is fantastic. My team is quite small at the moment but I have no money to add at the moment.

My key players for first season are:

Leandro Gioda - Fantastic CB who was a rock.

Stephen Appiah - Class

Stephen Fletcher - 32 goals in 44 games in championship and now worth over 6mil

Alan Smith - 27 goals in 41 games

Hogan Ephraim - 19 assists in 35 games

Andrew Driver - 16 assists in 44 games

Key Signings for Prem:

Fabian Delph - 3.5mil(Been great)

Lubos Kalouda - 2.2mil(Been ok)

Bogdan Lobont - 1.7mil(Fantastic)

Fabian Monzon - 6mil(Top Class)

Nicolas N'Koulou - 3.5mil(Inconsistent)

Paulo Ferrari - 6.5mil(Been ok)

Then youngsters. Been playing pretty well and the games I have lost I played very well and perhaps should of taken something from them so im hoping to finish top half now, need few new players but I have no money! Trying to sell, anyone have any ideas of a great prem player for cheap?

Just finished my second season...

2nd Season - 9th Premiership

Pld-Won-Drn-Lst-For-Ag-GD-Pts

38 16 15 7 69 65 +4 55

Very pleased with this season, aimed for a top ten finish and got one, although with a couple more results going my way I could have sneaked into Europe which is kind of disheartening. My new singing Marquinhos was outstanding, averaging a goal every other game. David Beckham was equally as good considering he's now 35, contributing 21goals and 6assists from a primarily central role. I strengthened this side considerably after being promoted, focusing on central positions in the defence and midfield; and found I had too many players. Diego Lugano and Chygrynskyi played second fiddle to Collocini, Leo and then Sakho-whilst Andrade not even playing. Matterazi made way on loan, and Gilberto Silva being sold for a 100% profit within 6months. Other signings like Makukula, Wilshere and Wijlnadum were in and out of the side throughout the season. On the whole I wasted a lot of Money in buying players that didn't play or didn't perform.

Transfers In:

Ivan Szabo (Regen)

Diego Lugano

Morgan De Sanctis

Jack Wilshere

Marquinhos

Leo

Gilberto Silva

Georginio Wijnaldum

Gojko Kacar

Jorge Andrade

Ariza Maukula

Dmytro Chygrynskyi

Tales

Fabricio Coloccini

Marco Materazzi

Joe Mattock

Mamadou Sakho

Plus a few Regens for the U18's

Transfers Out:Major Ones...

Angelo Balanta (Loan)

Wayne Routledge

Matteo Alberti

Gary Borrowdale

Liam Miller

Peter Ramage

Mark Viduka

Fitz Hall

Martin Rowlands

Matthew Connolly

Tales (Loan)

Lee Camp

Gilberto Silva

Damion Stewart

Mikele Leigrtwood

qprsquad200910.th.png

qprsquad200910.th.png

Need some help, ive sold my right back ferrari for 9.5mil having signed him for 6.5 and him not settling fully. I have 3 replacement ideas, alan hutton for 3.5mil, zuiverloon for 7mil or Rafinha for 7mil. Not sure who to choose and if you have a better player in mind let me know please! Any help would be appreciated cheers.

Need some help, ive sold my right back ferrari for 9.5mil having signed him for 6.5 and him not settling fully. I have 3 replacement ideas, alan hutton for 3.5mil, zuiverloon for 7mil or Rafinha for 7mil. Not sure who to choose and if you have a better player in mind let me know please! Any help would be appreciated cheers.

Try David Santon, from Inter Milan. He's been fantastic for me over various saves.

Try David Santon, from Inter Milan. He's been fantastic for me over various saves.

Forgot about him, he is look fairly good on my save so will put in a bid.

How much would people be willing to shell out for sahko??

Forgot about him, he is look fairly good on my save so will put in a bid.

How much would people be willing to shell out for sahko??

I paid £13m in the January window in the second season. I would be willing to pay anything up to £25m, for me is a fantastic player.

I went for Santon because ive always liked him, im buying Sahko for about 22mil, they accepted 16mil for him but then went onto accept a new contract so 22 will have to do. Im worried about my striker who i signed in this window Marquinhos, he hasnt scored in 3 friendlies and hasnt performed particularly well. Is he really worth 11mil?

Marquinhos? Is he worth £11m? I'd pay triple that for him. Amazing player. I play him on the wing because my strikers are too good but he's amazing as a striker too. You're not playing him right clearly. And also give him time to settle in. As long as he's running with the ball well, all will come after.

Oh and he's got 21 goals and 30 something assists for me from the wing. The season's nearly over and he has been taking all penalties and free-kicks but that's still impressive nevertheless.

Marquinhos? Is he worth £11m? I'd pay triple that for him. Amazing player. I play him on the wing because my strikers are too good but he's amazing as a striker too. You're not playing him right clearly. And also give him time to settle in. As long as he's running with the ball well, all will come after.

Oh and he's got 21 goals and 30 something assists for me from the wing. The season's nearly over and he has been taking all penalties and free-kicks but that's still impressive nevertheless.

I will give him time to settle in then, 11mil isnt that much considering im about to pay 25mil for sahko which im unsure about, i know he becomes amazing but 25mil is alot for QPR! I finished 4th in my first prem season which was very unexpected so im in champs league so need to improve my team for that. Hopefully Santon, Marquinhos and Sahko will help with that.

Archived