Why has the AI transfer listed this player?

Paqueta placed on the transfer list on deadline day for £29m - as the club no longer require his services, despite him starting 22 of their 24 matches and having another 3 years on his contract. 

Any thoughts?

Screenshot 2024-04-11 121051.png

2 hours ago, Hzano123 said:

Probably not in the manager's squad planner did that to you. Either that or he want to move to bigger club before and was forced to sell to appease him

There's nothing to suggest he's unhappy at the club 

The transfer and squad-building decisions are pretty bad in general so I know my answer will be 'this is just how things work', but is there a chance that West Ham need the money or something? I feel like I already know the answer. He clearly hasn't asked to be transferred.

Can you create a second manager profile, take over West Ham and have a look around the club? Just don't save the game and you should be fine. I've found a lot of odd quirks doing that.

There's a number of possibilities outside of him being unhappy.

a) West Ham need to raise money, or reduce their wage bill.

b) They've bought a player to replace him.

c) The AI being dumb.

Have they recently changed manager/tactics?

I noticed on my save Newcastle were selling a few big players (AMRL and AMC types) and it seems it was because Inzaghi had come in and had started playing 532. 

1 hour ago, CAE82 said:

Have they recently changed manager/tactics?

I noticed on my save Newcastle were selling a few big players (AMRL and AMC types) and it seems it was because Inzaghi had come in and had started playing 532. 

Yeah that's why not in the squad planner in the list of reasons for me.

If the player is not in your squad planner the AI will ask you to transfer list him regardless if he is the best player in your current team and they are not even taking up the wage space.

Proabably have something to do with his prefered tactic affecting the squad selection

Did this guy get cleared of the betting allegations?

Anyway, the 29 million asking price is ridiculous. Man city are circling and they are talking about up to 85 million.

Edited by Kickballz

Sometimes staff give suggestions without any sense to transfer list a player because he's not in the squad planner, when I'm putting that player into play regularly. West Ham might break their wage budget and need to do some financial cuts. However 29M for that player seems to be a desperate sale

Edited by inacion

1 hour ago, obscenesage said:

Tottenham gave me an aged 18 170PA wonderkid (Mikey Moore) for $0 a few weeks ago. Sometimes the AI is braindead.

Does the player have a good personality? If a player has a very high PA but unambitious personality, it will be very unlikely that he will reach his potential. Is the player injury prone? For free is always a good deal, but scout report might revealed something very concerning about that player maybe

I'm in the next transfer window and West Ham have now taken him off the transfer list. Value at 56-69 million. Can only guess they desperately wanted the money to bring another player in on deadline day.  

19 hours ago, obscenesage said:

Tottenham gave me an aged 18 170PA wonderkid (Mikey Moore) for $0 a few weeks ago. Sometimes the AI is braindead.

How do you know he had 170 PA? That information isn’t available in normal gameplay, so the AI doesn’t know it.

1 hour ago, NineCloudNine said:

How do you know he had 170 PA? That information isn’t available in normal gameplay, so the AI doesn’t know it.

This. You can't slate the AI making decisions when using tools to access info the AI doesn't have access to.

1 hour ago, NineCloudNine said:

You can buy in game editor in DLC section at steam. That will allow you to see hidden attributes, CA, PA and change data. However if you any data change in your save file scoring stop counting for leader board. Personally I avoid using it because it break realism on scouting, but is useful to analyze AI performance in some situations

7 hours ago, Carmi88 said:

This. You can't slate the AI making decisions when using tools to access info the AI doesn't have access to.

But they do have staff able to tell them an estimation of that potential. 

8 hours ago, inacion said:

You can buy in game editor in DLC section at steam. That will allow you to see hidden attributes, CA, PA and change data. However if you any data change in your save file scoring stop counting for leader board. Personally I avoid using it because it break realism on scouting, but is useful to analyze AI performance in some situations

Thank you, but I know that :). It was a rhetorical question. I was making the same point as @Carmi88

What do the AI staff and managers base their judgement of a player's potential on, then? Does anybody know? We have to trust the staff to make those judgements without the editor, and we should trust the staff based on their Judging Player Potential score.

4 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

What do the AI staff and managers base their judgement of a player's potential on, then? Does anybody know? We have to trust the staff to make those judgements without the editor, and we should trust the staff based on their Judging Player Potential score.

The staff doesn't see the _actual_ CA or PA. They see a PCA/PPC, perceived PA/CA. This is a number based off of PA, but also incorporates the reputation and the attributes of the coaching staff, as well as some randomisation I would assume. So even the perfect staff can be wrong in the game, as they can in real life. Some players can be overvalued and some can be undervalued. All AI staff, both at your club and at the clubs run by AI staff, use this. I've posted here before examples of staff being wrong in both directions, but the best staff will more often than not be close to the real value.

Think of it like this, there have been a million "next Messi's" around, hyped and bought by big clubs only to fail, but some got thrown away and found success at other teams. Let's take Martin Ødegaard as an example. Was projected to be a superstar, got bought by Real Madrid at 15 for lots of money, but never made it there. So the sold him for ~£30M to Arsenal after being loaned to them. Big money, but nothing compared to what he would be worth now. And Real Madrid doesn't have poor staff, they just made a wrong choice regarding how good he was. We can also look at Man Utd refusing to buy Haaland (as Solskjær said in various interviews) and probably plenty of other examples of scouts, coaches, and managers getting it wrong.

The game replicates this by not being 100% correct in regards to actual ability and potential.

20 hours ago, XaW said:

The staff doesn't see the _actual_ CA or PA. They see a PCA/PPC, perceived PA/CA. This is a number based off of PA, but also incorporates the reputation and the attributes of the coaching staff, as well as some randomisation I would assume. So even the perfect staff can be wrong in the game, as they can in real life. Some players can be overvalued and some can be undervalued. All AI staff, both at your club and at the clubs run by AI staff, use this. I've posted here before examples of staff being wrong in both directions, but the best staff will more often than not be close to the real value.

Think of it like this, there have been a million "next Messi's" around, hyped and bought by big clubs only to fail, but some got thrown away and found success at other teams. Let's take Martin Ødegaard as an example. Was projected to be a superstar, got bought by Real Madrid at 15 for lots of money, but never made it there. So the sold him for ~£30M to Arsenal after being loaned to them. Big money, but nothing compared to what he would be worth now. And Real Madrid doesn't have poor staff, they just made a wrong choice regarding how good he was. We can also look at Man Utd refusing to buy Haaland (as Solskjær said in various interviews) and probably plenty of other examples of scouts, coaches, and managers getting it wrong.

The game replicates this by not being 100% correct in regards to actual ability and potential.

Okay, I think I understand. The PCA/PPC is something we can't see and it's kind of randomly generated per-staff member, with a greater accuracy being dependent on their attributes and experience, basically. The only complaint I have is that my staff *never* seem to get anything right until it's, like, really obvious even to me - especially HOYD during the youth intakes. That's been my experience with both FM23 and 24, anyway.

I wouldn't give Man Utd the benefit of the doubt by missing out on Haaland though, lol. Their recruitment is atrocious and was already in decline about 15 years ago. Not buying Haaland makes total sense.

Edited by tezcatlipoca665

2 hours ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Okay, I think I understand. The PCA/PPC is something we can't see and it's kind of randomly generated per-staff member, with a greater accuracy being dependent on their attributes and experience, basically. The only complaint I have is that my staff *never* seem to get anything right until it's, like, really obvious even to me - especially HOYD during the youth intakes. That's been my experience with both FM23 and 24, anyway.

I wouldn't give Man Utd the benefit of the doubt by missing out on Haaland though, lol. Their recruitment is atrocious and was already in decline about 15 years ago. Not buying Haaland makes total sense.

As far as the youth intake, I think SI have said the level of correctness also depends on a few other parameters, and age is a factor. The younger the player, the higher the inaccuracy. It will also be more correct the longer the staff member has scouted or coached the player, to mirror them getting more and more knowledgeable of their skills. So to summarize, older players who have been at the club for a long time will be more accurate than newly arrived players from the youth intake. All depending on the attribute of the staff, of course.

As for Man Utd and recruitment, I don't disagree, it was just one example. If you want older Man Utd players from when they were better, how about Bebe? ;)