• FM 17
    • FM 18
    • FM 19
    • FM 20
    • FM 21
    • FM 22
    • FM 23
    • FM 24

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 19/05/24 at 23:00

Easiest FM Series?  I think it is FM 12 as you can easily win most trophies whichever tactic you make and put Pacey Strikers score all the goals!

What is yours Easiest FM Series(FM 05 to FM 24) and why?

Closing Polls Date going be on May 20th 2024.

Edited by Rookie FM

Pacey strikers have always been OP in FM, let's be honest.  A player like Patson Daka in FM is like the new gerd muller, in real life he scored 4 goals in Premier League playing for Leicester. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

2 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

A player like Patson Daka in FM is like the new gerd muller

Amazing how accurately FM models the real world:

Patson Daka, midway through the third season of my save:

image.png.4b1af7c11cdf6fd94cadfc0cf1557c1e.png

Although all games are exploitable in some way, I’d feel there was a marked shift in easiness from FM 20, when the current OP metas became dominant. Of course you could make it harder artificially (sign only welsh players starting with the letter Y or whatever) but for me, that was the turning point.

Obviously difficulty is quite subjective- if I picked up the game now with no prior experience, and i don’t look at YouTube and other social media I may find it impossible- I might (quite logically) choose to play a counterattacking slow build up style with Luton, when I fact this isn’t favoured by the engine. But I’ve been playing these types of games for decades and read these forums, so I’m exposed to the hive mind of thought on here.

Edited by sthptngomad76

I remember FM 2010 being really easy too. I actually was close to not conceding a single goal in a season with Benfica. I think I ended up conceding four in total in the Portuguese league and won the Champions league in every season of my save. 

6 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

Nope. Never has been one. 

There was. I just dont remember was it 01/02, 02/03 or 03/04. Or all of them.  I remember that AS Saint-Étienne was 2nd division, in real life.

I played with AS Saint-Étienne, won promotion. Next season i was relegated. I couldnt belive thats happening. I was happy they finally made realistic version. I guess other players didnt like that.

FM 09 is the hardest as I couldn't win any games away from Home on any tactic I used!

FM 12? This one seem easier than rest of FM Series as that why lots of them still playing now!

FM 17? Lots of Crossing and always end up back of the net!

Edited by Rookie FM

There have been quite a few FMs that have had major issues which made the game easier, i.e. the massively OP 3 striker tactics in FM10 or Messi being available on a free transfer in the second season of FM12, but, as a general rule, FM has gotten much MUCH easier over the years.

As a result, the only logical answer to this question would then be "the latest FM" because FM 24 is easier than 23, and 23 is easier than 22, and so on. 

It's a shame though, because this makes the game boring. I haven't touched FM 24 in 3 months after I won a quadruple with a destitute Milan side in the year 2034.

I don't ever remember an FM being this easy, where you can just pick a side in disarray, with 2-3 top players, well into their 30s, and win everything in your first season with the team...

I've been playing FM for 20 years and it feels like a blur... I can't remember specific years like you guys do (other than some milestones, such as the first 3D version, besides one or two horrible versions of FM...)

Yet, I can say that it was easier to win leagues before, say, between FM10 and FM17, but it got gradually harder (more realistic) since then. (Note I rarely play super-clubs, preferring smaller to mid sized clubs)...

:kriss:

On 23/02/2024 at 09:49, grasu said:

There have been quite a few FMs that have had major issues which made the game easier, i.e. the massively OP 3 striker tactics in FM10 or Messi being available on a free transfer in the second season of FM12, but, as a general rule, FM has gotten much MUCH easier over the years.

As a result, the only logical answer to this question would then be "the latest FM" because FM 24 is easier than 23, and 23 is easier than 22, and so on. 

It's a shame though, because this makes the game boring. I haven't touched FM 24 in 3 months after I won a quadruple with a destitute Milan side in the year 2034.

I don't ever remember an FM being this easy, where you can just pick a side in disarray, with 2-3 top players, well into their 30s, and win everything in your first season with the team...

All that says to me is that as each new game comes along, you're more experienced in what to do to make your team win easily. 

If you gave someone who has never played FM before a copy of FM12 and FM24 and told them to play both, they would find FM12 a hundred times easier than FM24.