Why are other players trying to force me to give out contracts

Sorry this utterly baffles me. I’ve never heard anything about other players making noise about players getting new contracts. So why is this in the game?

SI have gotten rid of fines and other things that help the player under the premise of “realism”

what’s realistic about a squad player getting backed by 5 players saying give him a new contract?????

Where has SI conjured up this nonsense?

What’s the explanation 

It's even worse when there is no budget at all and everyone's contract is running out at the end of the season. However, the squad's devastated about the 30 year old (soon the be retired) not being offered a new contract... in non-league footbal. 

13 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

It's even worse when there is no budget at all and everyone's contract is running out at the end of the season. However, the squad's devastated about the 30 year old (soon the be retired) not being offered a new contract... in non-league footbal. 

Exactly 

even the, “let this player leave” squad backing never makes sense. I’ve never heard pim when zaha couldn’t leave palace, when Luiz couldn’t leave villa or when paulinha couldn’t leave Fulham.

all this whole squad is upset is really not realistic.

fines and the team revolts ok yeah makes sense. Contract though!??? Never heard a rumour about managers under pressure because one player in the squad hasn’t got a better contract.

Even Danny Rose who spoke out about spurs not matching wages didn’t get the type of backing that comes in this game.

Apparently SI don't think it's a problem because it seems to get worse every year. I think it was mentioned in another thread that the players are unaware of the club's finances.  So if they're determined to get an improved contract, telling them "Even if I wanted to the club can't afford..." won't solve anything. 

22 hours ago, jere_d said:

what’s realistic about a squad player getting backed by 5 players saying give him a new contract?????

How do you know it's not realistic? Are you part of a top football club? Do you know what goes on behind closed doors at a football club? 

19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

How do you know it's not realistic? Are you part of a top football club? Do you know what goes on behind closed doors at a football club? 

It would also imply they know what each person makes and such. Having this in mind, it would almost form a kind of union among them. 

Imagine the bench swatter:

A: I get 100 pounds to sit on my bum and be pretty. 

B: really?! I get 75... tomorrow I'll have to talk to to manager to sort it out. 

Player D, E, F and G... yeah! We all bring pitchforks!

Player Z: you guys get paid to sit here?

Humor aside, from a rational viewpoint it doesn't make sense and not only that, but let's not forget that players who have an agent don't bother with finances to begin with. 

It’s entirely realistic that a group of employees will talk about their employment, will form friendships and connections with fellow employees, will support and stick up for them, and will often raise concerns with management.

It’s also entirely realistic that most or all of a squad might get unhappy if they think fellow employees are being treated unfairly or unreasonably.

The amount of control managers have over contracts in the game might be unrealistic, and some of the triggering issues might be better implemented, but long may player and squad complaints continue in FM. I don’t want a world in which workers are expected to shut up and get on with their jobs, and in which they never feel able to support their teammates or complain about management.

1 hour ago, Brasilia88 said:

but let's not forget that players who have an agent don't bother with finances to begin with. 

I must have been out the day they invited everyone into football clubs and explained exactly what goes on behind closed doors between players and management, as everyone on here seems to be the expert on it. 

I've never worked at a football club before, but if it's anything like literally any other workplace, then I'd imagine that there's constant whining and complaining going on behind closed doors that's mostly invisible to people who don't work there.

On 03/12/2023 at 17:58, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Apparently SI don't think it's a problem because it seems to get worse every year. I think it was mentioned in another thread that the players are unaware of the club's finances.  So if they're determined to get an improved contract, telling them "Even if I wanted to the club can't afford..." won't solve anything. 

This is actually ridiculous because the more money you have in your wage budget The more players/agents tend to ask from you.

On 03/12/2023 at 19:08, Dagenham_Dave said:

What a nonsense question

If it happened then there would be inklings and whispers of it filtering out to the public...

There would be stories from former/present players

Stories from owners and managers

The shear absence of any of that only backs up that its highly unlikely that it actually happens and if it does its extremely seldom especially at the top level of "English" football if not worldwide football

How about you think before you say "how do you know?"

Or how about you ask SI how do they know this nonsense happens, since it happens so regularly in game but is never heard about in real life.

Small if any evidence of something happening but throw it in game lavishly and state realism.

On 03/12/2023 at 20:07, SaintEtienne said:

It’s entirely realistic that a group of employees will talk about their employment, will form friendships and connections with fellow employees, will support and stick up for them, and will often raise concerns with management.

It’s also entirely realistic that most or all of a squad might get unhappy if they think fellow employees are being treated unfairly or unreasonably.

The amount of control managers have over contracts in the game might be unrealistic, and some of the triggering issues might be better implemented, but long may player and squad complaints continue in FM. I don’t want a world in which workers are expected to shut up and get on with their jobs, and in which they never feel able to support their teammates or complain about management.

When was the last time you were in a team meeting telling management to pay 1 person more?

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

What a nonsense question

If it happened then there would be inklings and whispers of it filtering out to the public...

Why would there be? None of those types of  'stories' would be remotely interesting to anyone. 

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

Or how about you ask SI how do they know this nonsense happens

Because they actually go and speak to football clubs to get an insight about what happens at said football club. Miles has said this on numerous occasions. 

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

How about you think before you say "how do you know?"

Because it's pretty obvious you don't know. You couldn't possibly know. 

On a personal level, because I support a small club, I've spoken to people about what goes on behind the scenes of a smallish part time football club. Players, former managers, directors. It's quite eye opening how players, even at that level, can be right divas. Now imagine what must go on at a top EPL club with all the money involved there. It's not an amazing leap to consider that players will have gripes about the most inconsequential things. 

But here's the thing. I don't know, and neither do you, so you have zero basis to call it 'unrealistic'. 

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Why would there be? None of those types of  'stories' would be remotely interesting to anyone. 

Right?
Its Interesting when people find Sterling's payslip
Interesting when Danny Rose berates Spurs for not giving players fair wages
Interesting When Ashley Cole says he nearly crashes his car when arsenal offer him a low wage

But!!!!
Not interesting when half the squad in unhappy the Bench boy 7 who just signed a 4 year contract hasn't been offered another contract.

That's not interesting???

18 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Because they actually go and speak to football clubs to get an insight about what happens at said football club. Miles has said this on numerous occasions. 

Ahhhh and in these meetings the players told them the blood oath kept secret that when 1 player wants a contract all his friends get involved and lay siege to the manager or DOF causing unrest in the squad until their buddy gets that new contract?

Please please please do quote that section

23 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Because it's pretty obvious you don't know. You couldn't possibly know. 

On a personal level, because I support a small club, I've spoken to people about what goes on behind the scenes of a smallish part time football club. Players, former managers, directors. It's quite eye opening how players, even at that level, can be right divas. Now imagine what must go on at a top EPL club with all the money involved there. It's not an amazing leap to consider that players will have gripes about the most inconsequential things. 

But here's the thing. I don't know, and neither do you, so you have zero basis to call it 'unrealistic'. 

This argument is literally

"I know there's no clear evidence or indication or story that proves it happens. BUT since you're not there you can't say it doesn't happen"

Let's run with your stance. The fact it's not known to happen means its rare at top clubs or ex players and managers would have spoken about it and got the media coverage too.

Your statement about Small teams seems off. It's all relative If a player Is good relative to the league he's playing in he can get away with being a diva... the higher up you get the better you have to be to get away with it.

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

Ahhhh and in these meetings the players told them the blood oath kept secret that when 1 player wants a contract all his friends get involved and lay siege to the manager or DOF causing unrest in the squad until their buddy gets that new contract?

Sighs. No. 

Blood oaths, lol, did that sound good in your head?

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

This argument is literally

"I know there's no clear evidence or indication or story that proves it happens. BUT since you're not there you can't say it doesn't happen"

I don't know if it does or doesn't happen. Neither do you. What part of this is difficult for you to understand? 

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

It's all relative If a player Is good relative to the league he's playing in he can get away with being a diva... the higher up you get the better you have to be to get away with it.

I mean, I know by this point in your post, the tears will literally be all over your keyboard, but even still, I'm completely lost at what point you're trying to make here. 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Sighs. No. 

Blood oaths, lol, did that sound good in your head?

I don't know if it does or doesn't happen. Neither do you. What part of this is difficult for you to understand? 

I mean, I know by this point in your post, the tears will literally be all over your keyboard, but even still, I'm completely lost at what point you're trying to make here. 

:thup:

I can tell your analytical skills are very good.

Lets change my question to

Since there's no, or seldom any,  examples of players getting involve in other players contracts (unless they are relatives) in real life why is it seen in the game so often?

And now you no longer need to ponder :D

24 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Since there's no, or seldom any,  examples of players getting involve in other players contracts (unless they are relatives) in real life why is it seen in the game so often?

'Often' is a stretch, but ok, riddle me this...

Do you think managers ever criticise players for training poorly in real life? 

Now, I can't be 100% sure of this, but I'd hazard a logical guess that this is something that probably happens. Can you name me any examples of a manager criticising a player for training poorly in real life? 

Do you think players ever complain to their managers about the lack of squad depth in the team, or unhappiness at players leaving? 

Now, I can't be 100% sure of this, but I'd hazard a logical guess that this is something that probably happens. Can you name me any examples of a player approaching his manager regarding issues with the squad in real life? 

Do you think a player has ever approached a manager concerned that a new signing will take his place in the team? 

Now, I can't be 100% sure of this, but I'd hazard a logical guess that this is something that probably happens. Can you name me any examples of a player approaching his manager about concerns over a new signing taking his place in the team? 

There may or may not be examples of all the above but the crucial point is that your logic seems to suggest that if something that happens behind closed doors at a football club never becomes public knowledge, this means that thing never happened at all. Which is a naivety I barely thought possible, even from you. 

Now, is it likely that players will get involved in other players contract disputes? Well, you'd like to think not, but given what footballers are like nowadays, nothing would surprise me. What WOULD surprise me is if SI added this into the game without some inkling after their visits to clubs that stuff likes this does happen. Otherwise, why would they even think about adding it to the code? Like most of your posts, it would just make no sense. :D

7 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Do you think managers ever criticise players for training poorly in real life? 

Sancho this season, Ali Spurs all or nothing

Do you think players ever complain to their managers about the lack of squad depth in the team, or unhappiness at players leaving? 

Van persie at arsenal before United move, Henry at arsenal before barca move

Can you name me any examples of a player approaching his manager about concerns over a new signing taking his place in the team? 

Bent Aston Villa, When they got benteke manager told him he has nothing to worry about they'll both play.

All off the top of my head. So yes these things trickle into the media especially when people are disgruntled about what's happened.

You can stop replying now. because I know all that brain power is better spent researching questions that make sense to you.

What WOULD surprise me is if SI added this into the game without some inkling after their visits to clubs that stuff likes this does happen.

Hmmmm, so 10 plus years of fining players for poor performances. But... you would be "Surprised", I get it some people follow blindly and don't question. good for you.

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

I get it some people follow blindly and don't question. good for you.

So, in this 'debate', we have...

Me - Open to discussion about whether a certain aspect in the game happens in real life, keeps an open mind. Sees both sides. 

You - Steadfastly refuses to believe something in the game happens in real life, refuses to acknowledge it might, calls into question the intelligence of the person who wants to debate it. 

But yeah, I'm the one who 'follows blindly'. 

Do you just make all this stuff up as you go along? 

22 hours ago, jere_d said:

When was the last time you were in a team meeting telling management to pay 1 person more?

Every day of the week, up and down the country, workers are raising issues with management. Issues can be anything from minor ones (“we requested a new coffee machine three months ago, but this has still not happened”) to major ones (“X is a vital member of our team, but we’re really concerned that she will be leaving for another company at the end of her contract”). This most obviously manifests itself when unions decide on collective action (frequently over the issue of pay), but plenty of non-union workers take an interest in their own and their colleagues’ work conditions and contractual status, as well as more generally in the performance of the company for which they are working.

I doubt footballers are any different to the broad spectrum of humanity. Some will be motivated purely by self-interest and won’t give a damn about their colleagues or club (in FM terms, probably personalities like the “mercenary”). Others will realise that their own wellbeing depends on the collective wellbeing, so they will become concerned if certain valued colleagues are unhappy or might leave the club (in FM, probably personalities like “professional”, who will expect management and the club to share their own professionalism and values).

Your argument seems to be that footballers are a special breed of humanity who care nothing for their colleagues or the organization for which they work, who will not give a damn if their fellow players are unhappy or are treated unfairly, and who are too self-interested (or cowardly) ever to complain to management. Respectfully, I think this view is both a wild generalization and utterly implausible.

Where I am in some agreement with you (and it’s a point I made briefly in my first reply) is that the game doesn’t model this type of interaction very well. IRL managers won’t be so closely involved in contract decisions or negotiations (I’m sure the manager is often consulted, but ultimately these are decisions taken higher up the organization). And interactions in general are very clunky and simplistic in the game – which is understandable, because it is not an easy thing even to get close to capturing the vast complexity of RL human interactions (and personalities).

But criticizing the game for how interactions are implemented is not the same as arguing that there should be no such interactions because (as I interpret what you are saying) RL players do not interact with or even take any interest in the company for whom they work. I’ve never worked for a football club, but I have spent a lot of time around humans (and, within my work, to studying humans), and the only thing I find unrealistic here is your sweeping characterization of footballers.

I pray everyday SI experience the same in their own company with their employees.

I hope every day in their offices, some mediocre employee demands a new contract just 3 months after signing a new one and the whole office rages because he is not getting it. That actually might explain why many issues like this one never gets fixed, because everybody is mad and morale and productivity is low.

19 hours ago, SaintEtienne said:

(“X is a vital member of our team, but we’re really concerned that she will be leaving for another company at the end of her contract”)

:rolleyes:

You've written a lot to highlight a part that i'm not talking about.

Being afraid a VITAL member of the team will leave is very much acceptable in game.

I specifically highlighted SQUAD player. the player has plenty time left on his contract and I wanna know where and when you have gone to management about only 1 person and told management to increase that one persons wage. Not union style everybody's wage should increase.

Stop throwing in different scenarios to back up something that doesn't happen.

19 hours ago, SaintEtienne said:

Your argument seems to be that footballers are a special breed of humanity who care nothing for their colleagues or the organization for which they work, who will not give a damn if their fellow players are unhappy or are treated unfairly, and who are too self-interested (or cowardly) ever to complain to management. Respectfully, I think this view is both a wild generalization and utterly implausible.

No my point is Players don't negotiate other players contracts. Agents do that.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-rose-fined-two-weeks-10968080

Show me who backed him or who he backed up for more wages since he's the only man to actually make noise about wages.

Yes football/sport is a different spectrum to ordinary people. look at other big not paid enough wage disputes in sports Scotty Pippen. Superstar player... who backed him from the locker room?
All you hear is that between him the club and his agent.

20 hours ago, SaintEtienne said:

But criticizing the game for how interactions are implemented is not the same as arguing that there should be no such interactions because (as I interpret what you are saying) RL players do not interact with or even take any interest in the company for whom they work. I’ve never worked for a football club, but I have spent a lot of time around humans (and, within my work, to studying humans), and the only thing I find unrealistic here is your sweeping characterization of footballers.

Of course there's a possibility that someone might put on their superman cape and speak out. But the absence of any stories emerging means this possibility is an outlier not the norm.

Being an outlier, only a select few personalities would plausibly do this. Maybe high loyalty high controversy poor temperament poor professionalism. Because it's not very perfessional Dr Dre V Eazy E style telling the manager to scrap the existing contract with 3 more years left.

In game it happens at least once a season per at my club, one can only assume it happens to other ai contolled teams too. Which makes it's occurrence very unrealistic.

2 hours ago, jere_d said:

:rolleyes:

You've written a lot to highlight a part that i'm not talking about.

Being afraid a VITAL member of the team will leave is very much acceptable in game.

I specifically highlighted SQUAD player. the player has plenty time left on his contract and I wanna know where and when you have gone to management about only 1 person and told management to increase that one persons wage. Not union style everybody's wage should increase.

Stop throwing in different scenarios to back up something that doesn't happen.

No my point is Players don't negotiate other players contracts. Agents do that.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-rose-fined-two-weeks-10968080

Show me who backed him or who he backed up for more wages since he's the only man to actually make noise about wages.

Yes football/sport is a different spectrum to ordinary people. look at other big not paid enough wage disputes in sports Scotty Pippen. Superstar player... who backed him from the locker room?
All you hear is that between him the club and his agent.

Of course there's a possibility that someone might put on their superman cape and speak out. But the absence of any stories emerging means this possibility is an outlier not the norm.

Being an outlier, only a select few personalities would plausibly do this. Maybe high loyalty high controversy poor temperament poor professionalism. Because it's not very perfessional Dr Dre V Eazy E style telling the manager to scrap the existing contract with 3 more years left.

In game it happens at least once a season per at my club, one can only assume it happens to other ai contolled teams too. Which makes it's occurrence very unrealistic.

I think you are mischaracterizing (and/or misunderstanding) what is happening in the game. This is my interpretation of what FM is trying to reflect:

Player A wants a new contract. Manager says no (or says yes, but talks break down because agreement cannot be reached). Player A is understandably unhappy about this.

Various things could happen at this point. Player A might keep matters to himself and simply get his agent onto the case. Or he might start complaining to some of his teammates (particularly those he feels closest to, or those he thinks are influential) about the situation.

If he complains, again various things might happen. If Player A is popular or influential, or if he is regarded as an important member of the team (and just because a manager might not regard him as important doesn’t mean some of his teammates share that managerial view) then those players might agree with him. Things might then escalate a little, especially if those players are influential, and it might result in a little solidarity among a group of players, such that they will raise the issue with management. Management might deal with this well and resolve the situation, or management might deal with it poorly and things will escalate further.

There is nothing strange about this scenario; indeed, it’s fairly humdrum. Various factors will influence the direction things might take: (1) the personalities of the players; (2) the popularity and/or influence of the players in question; and (3) how well management deals with the situation.

Your point about other players not negotiating the contract is a straw man argument. I never said they do, and this does not happen in the game (at least, not in mine). It’s just a general complaint that a player should be given a new contract. At no point are any players negotiating the contract.

You also raise the point about length of time left on the contract. But that is irrelevant. A player is either being paid what they think they deserve, or they are not. If they believe they are undervalued (and their belief might be justified or it might not, but it’s still their belief), the fact that they have several years left on their contract is neither here nor there.

The question of agents has been raised a few times in this thread, but I think there is some misunderstanding of the role of agents. If you engage an estate agent when buying a house, does that mean you sit back and take no role in the process? Of course not. An agent is just someone who works on your behalf. It doesn’t mean that players won’t have any involvement in their contract negotiations or financial affairs. I imagine footballers are like the rest of us: some will show barely any interest in their own financial affairs and leave everything to others; some will be checking their bank accounts and investment portfolios every day and be all over their own finances; most will be somewhere in between.

I don’t understand your point about the media. The media are not reporting every single player interaction at every single club. That would be absurd (and very dull news). Do you really think that the media or the rest of us are really that interested in every single professional footballer’s contract status that we want to read a detailed blow-by-blow account of the daily goings-on at a club? Are you really saying that, unless the media are reporting every single routine interaction at a club, then we should assume that none of those interactions ever occur?

Furthermore, the game quite clearly makes a distinction between matters that are internal or public. Sometimes (albeit rarely) a player goes to the media with his complaint. But most of the situations in the game are quite clearly indicated as “internal”.

Finally, is this situation really that common? In my current save (11 seasons and counting) I’ve yet to encounter it (I’ve had a few players unhappy about their contract situation, but this has never escalated beyond that individual player’s unhappiness). And across the last five versions of FM, I estimate that I’ve encountered this situation (a group of players wanting a meeting about another player’s contract unhappiness) no more than four or five times. I’m almost certainly not a tactical genius, but I do know how to manage dynamics. It’s not that difficult: don’t overpromise, treat players fairly, and keep a close eye on personalities, influence, and social groups, because if you understand what’s going on with those then you should be able to avoid most issues – and if you do have a difficult player who is always stirring things up at the club (and there are always such difficult people in every walk of life), then get rid of him.

4 minutes ago, SaintEtienne said:

I think you are mischaracterizing (and/or misunderstanding) what is happening in the game. This is my interpretation of what FM is trying to reflect:

Player A wants a new contract. Manager says no (or says yes, but talks break down because agreement cannot be reached). Player A is understandably unhappy about this.

Various things could happen at this point. Player A might keep matters to himself and simply get his agent onto the case. Or he might start complaining to some of his teammates (particularly those he feels closest to, or those he thinks are influential) about the situation.

If he complains, again various things might happen. If Player A is popular or influential, or if he is regarded as an important member of the team (and just because a manager might not regard him as important doesn’t mean some of his teammates share that managerial view) then those players might agree with him. Things might then escalate a little, especially if those players are influential, and it might result in a little solidarity among a group of players, such that they will raise the issue with management. Management might deal with this well and resolve the situation, or management might deal with it poorly and things will escalate further

I don't have a problem with this if I was renegotiating a contract with one of my players or if he has a year or maybe 2 years left and his trying to secure his future at the club but I'm not happy when a player who signed a new 5 years deal 4 months ago comes back asking for a new contract 

9 hours ago, DarJ said:

I'm not happy when a player who signed a new 5 years deal 4 months ago comes back asking for a new contract 

Does this happen? I've never seen this happen in such a quick timeframe, unless there's been a massive sea change in something else (ie all other players getting big pay rises, but not him, or the team becoming much higher rep after a promotion or a European win, etc)

I've had it happen within 6 months, but that's usually when I've been able to get a really good player (who doesn't realise how good he is) to sign a contract for a lot less than I was expecting and he's proceeded to play really well.

In which case, ah well, it's kind of my fault in the first place and now I just have to decide whether to pay up now, or try to persuade him to wait a little longer. 

Yeah personally I get it when it’s a Star player

Osieman a year and 3 months after signing a 4.5 year deal wants a new deal.

the man is a star player and had like 30-40 goals at the time.

if I said no I understand key players coming and being like “sir are you sure you want our star man unhappy”

but Kiwior squad player asking for a new deal with 3.5-4.5 years left on his contract and players telling me give him the double wage increase he wants. Well that’s just not something I can see happening.

It’s always the young players and the unprofessional players coming to complain too.

Then the team leaders will come.

On 03/12/2023 at 16:50, DarJ said:

Also players asking for new contracts few months after they've signed a 4-5 years contract is annoying 

THIS!!

I signed a free player in the summer window which was when I was promoted to the premier league - By mid January he was asking me for a new contract!! Even if I thought he was worthy of a new deal he wasn't getting one that quickly! Get out of my office!! :herman:

I get that players want to be paid what they think they are worth. But at least get 2 years into a contract before approaching me to ask for a new one. I'm not signing a player in the summer to then be approached for a new contract between January and March of the same season they signed just because they've had a run of good form. 

I'm more than willing to give a new contract every 2 years of a 4 year contract (If they approached after 18 months I'd tell them one would be sorted at end of the season), 18 months of a 3 year contract (again it would be done end of the season, and with the elder statesmen of the squad who are on 2 year contracts I always add in 'Optional extra year' to guarantee some stability and then would likely offer an extension with a year left.

In regards to squad approaching me supporting their fellow team mate. I'm good with that (Unions support normal workers in their fight for pay rises, So I get that fellow team mates may offer their support towards a respected and liked member of the team getting a new contract). However the resulting talks need some revision. Majority of those talks Usually end up with at least half of them upset at you for the next 'X' amount of months for refusing to give into player power. I'd like to see some more reactions to those talks other than the majority sulking for months. Which seems to happen constantly. 

3 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

(Unions support normal workers in their fight for pay rises, So I get that fellow team mates may offer their support towards a respected and liked member of the team getting a new contract

No, no, it's never been on Sky Sports News in real life, so this cannot possibly happen. :rolleyes:

I agree that it can be annoying when a player, not long into their contract and with plenty of time left, seeks an improved contract. But is it unrealistic? Reality can sometimes be annoying. I suspect that football, as in other professions, contains individuals who "like to try it on", or are mercenary, or are just a pain in the neck. It would be unrealistic if this type of request for a new contract happened routinely; it would be equally unrealistic if it never happened at all.

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No, no, it's never been on Sky Sports News in real life, so this cannot possibly happen. :rolleyes:

This doesn’t even make any sense.  The PFA doesn’t negotiate individual player wages and never has.  The players are all individual contractors negotiating their own wages and the other players have no idea what salary and bonus they might be getting except for rumors in the media.  

On 03/12/2023 at 00:04, jere_d said:

Sorry this utterly baffles me. I’ve never heard anything about other players making noise about players getting new contracts. So why is this in the game?

SI have gotten rid of fines and other things that help the player under the premise of “realism”

Where has SI conjured up this nonsense?

What’s the explanation 

A lot goes on behind the scenes at clubs, again it's not an issue unless you want a stress free or unrealistic managerial experience

15 hours ago, Meanonsunday said:

The players are all individual contractors negotiating their own wages and the other players have no idea what salary and bonus they might be getting

Are you seriously trying to tell me professional footballers don't know what their team mates are being paid? 

Funny how people supporting these instances are basing their support on 

Faith

or

low paying jobs having unions

Please can you just show some evidence that suggest this happens or a quote from anyone supporting something like this happens.

And if you can’t please stop replying and let SI guys explain where they got the idea from.

thanks

I believe SI have got the feedback that players support unhappy players

and then just thought of things players get unhappy about.

the 2 instances separately make sense.

but putting squad player upset because he is not getting a pay rise with other players telling the hierarchy to give the “SQUAD” player a new contract is something that hasn’t been seen before (in real life in top flight football)! And if somebody has seen this please please please share.

I can imagine players wanting to tie down important players

That i can see happening 

Can’t imagine anyone telling arteta give Holding a new deal or we won’t be happy.

Edited by jere_d
In real life bracket

On 16/12/2023 at 00:44, Meanonsunday said:

Yes.  

So, what you're saying is there has NEVER been a point in history where a professional player has approached their club/manager/agent looking for an improved contract to match that of other players in the squad? 

On 18/12/2023 at 06:17, Dagenham_Dave said:

So, what you're saying is there has NEVER been a point in history where a professional player has approached their club/manager/agent looking for an improved contract to match that of other players in the squad? 

So, now you’ve changed your position from every player knows every other players salary to one single time one player knows another’s salary?  I’m glad you’ve come around to a realistic point of view.

14 minutes ago, Meanonsunday said:

So, now you’ve changed your position from every player knows every other players salary to one single time one player knows another’s salary?  I’m glad you’ve come around to a realistic point of view.

Interesting take on your complete misunderstanding of how human beings work. Still, my hopes weren't high. 

But I'm a fair man, please provide the quote where I said that every player knows every other players salary, and I will acquiesce to your greater enlightenment. 

And be very specific. I'll wait. 

Meanwhile, I can directly quote you where you said no players know what other players get. 

On 14/12/2023 at 05:44, Meanonsunday said:

The players are all individual contractors negotiating their own wages and the other players have no idea what salary and bonus they might be getting

like i said on another thread. i have no issue with a player coming and complaining about wages, that happens. but its totally unrealistic that half a dozen players or more would be banging on your door over and over about someone elses contract. that's what agents are for. the game has got it badly wrong. it should be the agents making threats not other squad members.

1 hour ago, mozza79 said:

like i said on another thread. i have no issue with a player coming and complaining about wages, that happens. but its totally unrealistic that half a dozen players or more would be banging on your door over and over about someone elses contract. that's what agents are for. the game has got it badly wrong. it should be the agents making threats not other squad members.

That isn't exactly what happens though is it? Player A is upset, you face them down then you get little Spt or Agn indicators by other players depending on whether they agree with Player A's complaint or not. That seems like a reasonable way to reflect dressing room divisions. Whether or not you do anything about it is up to you. I usually ignore it. I may be wrong but I don't think the showdown team meeting is ever compulsory and even if it is, you can stand your ground. Same thing with playing time complaints.

I do agree that agents should have a more prominent role here and that troublesome agents would be a more realistic representation of the issue than players forming militant trade unions. That said, in most top clubs a manager has little to no say in player contracts anyway.