Newgen custom faces no longer working along with manager custom face.

Seems like an "r-" was added before all the UIDs, whereas the UID view still exports without that "r-". All you have to do if you already have faces generated is go into config.xml in your graphics folder where the faces are, and under all the records, add in "r-" (without quotes) before the UIDs. 

For example:

Change from:
<record from="Asian/Asian1916" to="graphics/pictures/person/2002116770/portrait"/>

To: 
<record from="Asian/Asian1916" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-2002116770/portrait"/>

Fast way to do it would just be a find/replace all in notepad -- find "/person/" and replace with "/person/r-" (both without the quotation marks). You're probably gonna have to do this each time you generate from now on unless either it's fixed in FM or NewGan comes out with an update. You CAN go into the code for NewGan to change this as well but I wouldn't do it unless you know what you're doing lol.

Hope that helps! 

Edited by triple caution

27 minutes ago, triple caution said:

Seems like an "r-" was added before all the UIDs, whereas the UID view still exports without that "r-". All you have to do if you already have faces generated is go into config.xml in your graphics folder where the faces are, and under all the records, add in "r-" (without quotes) before the UIDs. 

For example:

Change from:
<record from="Asian/Asian1916" to="graphics/pictures/person/2002116770/portrait"/>

To: 
<record from="Asian/Asian1916" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-2002116770/portrait"/>

Fast way to do it would just be a find/replace all in notepad -- find "/person/" and replace with "/person/r-" (both without the quotation marks). You're probably gonna have to do this each time you generate from now on unless either it's fixed in FM or NewGan comes out with an update. You CAN go into the code for NewGan to change this as well but I wouldn't do it unless you know what you're doing lol.

Hope that helps! 

Yes thank you. For newgan users you can find and replace in notepad++ using "search and replace" 200 to r-200. Just untick match whole word.

6 minutes ago, TheOldFashi0ned1 said:

Yes thank you. For newgan users you can find and replace in notepad++ using "search and replace" 200 to r-200. Just untick match whole word.

I suggested "/person/" to "/person/r-" because there are regens that have UIDs that lead with "19" as well, so these will be missed if you replace "200" to "r-200". 

This is why beta of patches is a thing steam allows. 

I mean a patch that breaks mods in a game with a huge modding community is a bad look. 

I haven't even seen an official dev response here or in steam. 

Users detected this problem within minutes of the patch being released. 

If it has to be broken then ok but good communication beforehand solves the severity of the issue. 

Announce to the community days before hand here and steam etc that it will be broken. 

If it was just missed then it's kinda weak since the community noticed in minutes. 

Communication and Transparency SI needs to take like online classes to teach tgeir company how to improve

Sheesh and right after the j league debacle

6 minutes ago, Prej said:

@JimmysTheBestCop Dude, you keep hijacking threads all over the board with this transparency and J League bs. Maybe you should go out more often instead of getting all emotional over a video game.

Literally no emotions in any of my posts. I just list straight facts. Lot of users don't like hearing truths. 

This was 100% on topic. Bad looking breaking mods with either no warning or no apology or no update. Literally total silence from Si. 

Listing facts isn't emotional it's just truth. SI has awful communication and Transparency. FACTS!!

Sounds like you are the one getting into your feels cause SI n fm are criticized. 

Its not the end of the world. You will survive. Just be strong. 

This worked for me to bring back the same AI faces:

1. In your graphics/newgan subfolder (probably named "6- _UltraRealistic NewGan Face..."), look for the file config.xml and open it with your notepad application (other text applications should also work).

2. In notepad, click Edit on the top bar, and then click Replace. Type "person/" in the top field, and "person/r-" in the bottom field. Click Replace All, and save the file config.xml in the same folder you found it.

3. Go to FM, under Preferences/Interface, unclick use caching and click reload skin. Then reload skin. You should be able to see the same AI photos applied to your players before the FM patch update.

Good luck!

:Bowen:

Edited by phd_angel

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

This worked for me to bring back the same AI faces:

1. In your graphics/newgan subfolder (probably named "6- _UltraRealistic NewGan Face..."), look for the file config.xml and open it with your notepad application (other text applications should also work).

2. In notepad, click Edit on the top bar, and then click Replace. Type "person/" in the top field, and "person/r-" in the bottom field. Click Replace All, and save the file config.xml in the same folder you found it.

3. Go to FM, under Preferences/Interface, unclick use caching and click reload skin. Then reload skin. You should be able to see the same AI photos applied to your players before the FM patch update.

Good luck!

:Bowen:

Yes that would do the trick.

I am thinking you should also backup your original file because you probably need that next year when using NewGan preserve function.

So next year: delete your new config file, replace the old, do your newgan stuff and update config file. And then backup that and replace "person/r-" once more.

13 hours ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

Yes that would do the trick.

I am thinking you should also backup your original file because you probably need that next year when using NewGan preserve function.

So next year: delete your new config file, replace the old, do your newgan stuff and update config file. And then backup that and replace "person/r-" once more.

Shouldn't it be enough to simply before updating revert the changes? Just go into the currently used Config and replace "person/r-" with "person", update via newgan, then again "person" --> "person/r-"

I have completed the rename to /r-### in the config reloaded the skin and this process is still not working

I have cleared cache in game as well as deleting the preferences folder and caches folder from appdata, all with no luck.

My newgens still have the old faces 

5 minutes ago, Vuhdox said:

I have completed the rename to /r-### in the config reloaded the skin and this process is still not working

I have cleared cache in game as well as deleting the preferences folder and caches folder from appdata, all with no luck.

My newgens still have the old faces 

The method works and is verified unfortunately you are doing something incorrectly. 

53 minutes ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

The method works and is verified unfortunately you are doing something incorrectly. 

Not that I can see. The RTF file i created is from mid season after england newgens, that would be the only difference i can think off. Its not a new save

I works only in the new generated config file. Whil I renamed the new one and used the old one (wth r-) - it didn't work. But then I just copied all the data into the new config, and all is Ok. Very strange. What will be with huge data of photos, not newgenerated, but real players in the new updates?!

-----------------------------

It doesn't work, the r- thing

<record from="MESA/QAT16" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-2002055021/portrait"/>

Edited by drajen

As someone who has used Newgan regularly, I'm now struggling since buying FM24..

I've been following the steps and have managed to get it to work, but, it's only 'some' faces, not all.

I noticed that I have 15,000 newgens in game, but when I look at the config, I only have 8000 lines?

On 01/12/2023 at 06:21, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Literally no emotions in any of my posts. I just list straight facts. Lot of users don't like hearing truths. 

This was 100% on topic. Bad looking breaking mods with either no warning or no apology or no update. Literally total silence from Si. 

Listing facts isn't emotional it's just truth. SI has awful communication and Transparency. FACTS!!

Sounds like you are the one getting into your feels cause SI n fm are criticized. 

Its not the end of the world. You will survive. Just be strong. 

You want them to get the whole apology tour on because a change they felt they had to make to the game broke something unofficial that has nothing to do with them?  Really?  So in your mind, SI should be spending time going through every mod that has a userbase and making sure they don't break it?

You can pick any number of things that SI themselves would probably admit they should have done better.  This isn't anywhere near one of them.

Changing how the uid is structured is a big deal. 

Yeah they could have taken 2 minutes out of 1 of their 150 employees to let the community know beforehand. 

Or is a taking 2 minutes to the post to the community using valuable resources. 

I want them to COMMUNICATE. 

Stop defending horrendous communication from a > 150 employee company owned by a billion dollar company. 

Uid is a big deal. It's been the same format for versions and versions. They had to change it to fix something. Ok that is cool. 

But it's a big change and the community should have been made aware of it. 

That is how good modern video game developer studios work these days. 

If their lack of communication effort is good enough for you. Cool. But it's NOT good enough for me. 

I've bought countless version and I'll point out whatever I'm not satisfied with. 

19 minutes ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

Changing how the uid is structured is a big deal. 

Yeah they could have taken 2 minutes out of 1 of their 150 employees to let the community know beforehand. 

Or is a taking 2 minutes to the post to the community using valuable resources. 

I want them to COMMUNICATE. 

Stop defending horrendous communication from a > 150 employee company owned by a billion dollar company. 

Uid is a big deal. It's been the same format for versions and versions. They had to change it to fix something. Ok that is cool. 

But it's a big change and the community should have been made aware of it. 

That is how good modern video game developer studios work these days. 

If their lack of communication effort is good enough for you. Cool. But it's NOT good enough for me. 

I've bought countless version and I'll point out whatever I'm not satisfied with. 

To 99% of the user base, them changing the UID is completely irrelevant.  It's a core piece of their own product that most of those people will never, ever be exposed to.  Mods may use that, but it is absolutely not SI's responsibility to spend their time catering for mods.  It's absolute lunacy to believe otherwise.  Mods are solely the responsibility of the people actually building them.  And I say that as someone who is working on a project where unique iDs are a fairly big part.  If they change, then, oh well, I guess I've got a bit more work to do.  To believe that SI should have given me a heads-up like that would be so incredibly entitled.  You may as well start complaining about their communication because they didn't personally give you a birthday card last year, it probably holds about as much weight.

And of course, you're welcome to complain about whatever you like, just like people are welcome to point out when said complaint is ridiculous.  

On 03/12/2023 at 16:38, forameuss said:

To 99% of the user base, them changing the UID is completely irrelevant.  It's a core piece of their own product that most of those people will never, ever be exposed to.  Mods may use that, but it is absolutely not SI's responsibility to spend their time catering for mods.  It's absolute lunacy to believe otherwise.  Mods are solely the responsibility of the people actually building them.  And I say that as someone who is working on a project where unique iDs are a fairly big part.  If they change, then, oh well, I guess I've got a bit more work to do.  To believe that SI should have given me a heads-up like that would be so incredibly entitled.  You may as well start complaining about their communication because they didn't personally give you a birthday card last year, it probably holds about as much weight.

And of course, you're welcome to complain about whatever you like, just like people are welcome to point out when said complaint is ridiculous.  

Respectfully disagreeing, it's to SI's own benefit to be considerate to all gamers in the community, including mod super-gamers. SI makes announcements on product issues on blog posts and videos. If some announcements admit that the product can be improved, so do their community relations. 

Edited by phd_angel

On 03/12/2023 at 08:55, TheManWho85 said:

As someone who has used Newgan regularly, I'm now struggling since buying FM24..

I've been following the steps and have managed to get it to work, but, it's only 'some' faces, not all.

I noticed that I have 15,000 newgens in game, but when I look at the config, I only have 8000 lines?

Im having the same issue, 18k newgens 11k pics generated.  Let me know if you find an answer

8 hours ago, Ninja777 said:

I seriously don't understand how this is causing you all so many problems. I replaced the ID with the r- in front, and my faces works instantly.. 

Dunno but I followed the directions exactly, replaced the r- in the config file etc. and I can see that the RTF file has 18000 players, I press generate and it spits out 11000 players in the config file.  For some reason it just won't do every player.  About half of the regens at my club got them and random others didn't.  And yes I saved down a new RTF file multiple times just to see if there was something buggy with the first one I tried it with.

On 06/12/2023 at 16:04, Dregganor said:

Dunno but I followed the directions exactly, replaced the r- in the config file etc. and I can see that the RTF file has 18000 players, I press generate and it spits out 11000 players in the config file.  For some reason it just won't do every player.  About half of the regens at my club got them and random others didn't.  And yes I saved down a new RTF file multiple times just to see if there was something buggy with the first one I tried it with.

Have you taken a look at the newgan log to see what actually happens? Sometimes that will give you a hint of whats causing the error.
I mean if the config file links a picture with a id in the game, and that is done correctly, I cannot see why the face wouldn't show, while others show.

So I guess it's all about troubleshooting and finding where there's an error. It could be ID's, it could be wrong folders, missing pictures etc.

15 hours ago, Ninja777 said:

Have you taken a look at the newgan log to see what actually happens? Sometimes that will give you a hint of whats causing the error.
I mean if the config file links a picture with a id in the game, and that is done correctly, I cannot see why the face wouldn't show, while others show.

So I guess it's all about troubleshooting and finding where there's an error. It could be ID's, it could be wrong folders, missing pictures etc.

You know what, I figured out what it was.  I didn't have allow duplicates checked.  Which in hindsight was a dumb error to make, the guide on the external site I assume I'm not allowed to say doesn't mention needing that though in my defense.

Edited by Dregganor

On 06/12/2023 at 17:04, Dregganor said:

I have thousands of newgen in the game, but when i ctrl-a them and make ctrl-p to “print” in text file, the rtf file has only like 1,00 names. It always this way so I filter it only to my team and that I get faces to my players only. Not a fun at all..