[FM24][SKIN] Statman24 - Updated 28/02/24

_Ben_

I much prefer the bars instead of the dots that you currently have.

You know how much I love this skin and I did use it plenty last year but with attributes(20+ years of CM/FM, hard to knock something out of my habits..). I do want a tougher challenge and the bars would be right up my alley!

Also, thank you for making it compatible with 95% zoom <3

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I still have this left behind...

As much as I like the idea of bars, I have to agree with @Ikthop here, the grouping of three attributes and presenting an average will sometimes be misleading. You could have a player with superb determination but poor jumping and strength, and the bar would show that he's got average strength, when in fact it's poor. And clicking on position every time you want to see the specific attributes would require extra clicks, provided the attributes you're looking for are even there with the specific position (e.g., on your screenshot for an attacking mid you can't see his strength, pace, or passing). It would be great if you could leave the dots as an option / alternative version.

5 minutes ago, Kapizak1 PL said:

As much as I like the idea of bars, I have to agree with @Ikthop here, the grouping of three attributes and presenting an average will sometimes be misleading. You could have a player with superb determination but poor jumping and strength, and the bar would show that he's got average strength, when in fact it's poor. And clicking on position every time you want to see the specific attributes would require extra clicks, provided the attributes you're looking for are even there with the specific position (e.g., on your screenshot for an attacking mid you can't see his strength, pace, or passing). It would be great if you could leave the dots as an option / alternative version.

My counter to that would be ‘you’d be able to tell that from scout/coach reports, as well as the attribute text strings and then through stats and in game. Not being awkward but that’s the kind of thought process I have when I play and, as such, have built to that style  

The problem with ‘both’ now is that I’ve changed the size of the pitch so would need a bit of a larger recode to allow that as a selection. 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Still should be nice and easy!

I agree - and I do lose it on this one because I don't want each value to have a different colour as it won't show on the bar nicely

I still have this left behind...

image.png.a6fde2db501d7e002da40b1c0ee8bbd3.png

Click on the position and you get the specific breakdown:

image.png.03cb94edcbe61866a7e6589f692f8a66.png

Unsure whether to turn that into bars at some point but it's there ready for my decision.

Hints are there as seen in the first image - although a 'Shooting: Finishing, Long Shots and Technique' may make that look a bit nicer. I'm hoping that you can see that I've gone with somewhat of a hybrid approach here. With the nature of the dots, I'm not sure that it can be repeated because they won't stick together - if you know what I mean. However, I will explore this!

EDIT: Just changed the graphic and I'd have to rethink the number of stars that are on show. 10 is too many and I can't use half circles as they me have a half next to half in the middle. If you know what I mean?

image.png.dff6016cb6a3bcaacc77602680fb5d04.png

Food for thought but I do like the bars - they fit with what I've got elsewhere!

Prefer bars to dots in this graphic. 

5 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

some info should appear here ?

14.png

I literally do not know. I feel you’re just going through the skin trying to find things that are broken. Do you think I’d purposely leave it like that?! I don’t know what has caused it and I will get to it at some point. 

1 minute ago, milenec11 said:

and a also notice that during the games this year the OPPDA has been added as stat

can we includ it somehow cause is very crucial team stat?

14.png

Always been there. OPPDA is comparable in the competition stats area. 

2 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

Prefer bars to dots in this graphic. 

Yep. Me too. Just needed a little longer to build as need adaptive containers to get them aligned and I ran out of time. The once in-game attribute bars might look nice there, actually. 

Edited by _Ben_

Just now, _Ben_ said:

I literally do not know. I feel you’re just going through the skin trying to find things that are broken. Do you think I’d purposely leave it like that?! I don’t know what has caused it and I will get to it at some point. 

Always been there. OPPDA is comparable in the competition stats area. 

If you believe that I am doing that then I will stop give feedback 

I do not know what you know about how the skin react in all aspects 

I thought that want us to find them and send you the bugs ,

but is not the case then forgive me for the feedbacks 

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Yep. Me too. Just needed a little longer to build as need adaptive containers to get them aligned and I ran out of time. The once in-game attribute bars might look nice there, actually. 

Look forward to seeing what you come up with Ben. This skin has plenty of promise.

2 hours ago, SPE3D said:

Look forward to seeing what you come up with Ben. This skin has plenty of promise.

Each position has a hidden button which shows some of the key attributes for the role:

image.png.da0bd4935a1e7f52343cb29346e6e6ed.png

image.png.590a9c3895f16539ca3676d7aacf960d.png

Again - what you can see here for Jack is the best possible value, as we have no scouting knowledge. Once scouted, these values may drop to their exact level. Obviously, you can't see how good each individual attribute is, which, for me, is perfect for what I'm trying to create.

Hey Ben,

Not sure what could be causing this but my views on the Staff screen keep resetting.  I've tried with the 'override custom panels' on and off, and with with either setting, they still reset.  I haven't seen it on any other screen yet, just started a new save, but if I come across anymore I'll let you know.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

Hey Ben,

Not sure what could be causing this but my views on the Staff screen keep resetting.  I've tried with the 'override custom panels' on and off, and with with either setting, they still reset.  I haven't seen it on any other screen yet, just started a new save, but if I come across anymore I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Can you show me a screenshot to explain what you mean please?

10 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Can you show me a screenshot to explain what you mean please?

I fixed it, complete and utter PBKAC error on my end, for some reason when I'd pick a view it was opening my FM23 views folder, am not sure why.

If I do come across any examples I'll let you know.

Appreciate the help,

Jellico

Edited by Jellico73

@_Ben_

I am having one of those days, so apologies in advance if I am missing the obvious.

Firstly, thanks for moving many of the interaction buttons to the top, a very nice UX change there.

On the staff info screen, do they not have an attribute box?  Oddly enough, I can see their attributes in my views:
image.png.ed7b1f1134bb07148952023b984c4165.png

But if I click on a staff member, no attributes container.  Is that intentional and I just missed the memo?

Jellico

12 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Each position has a hidden button which shows some of the key attributes for the role:

image.png.da0bd4935a1e7f52343cb29346e6e6ed.png

image.png.590a9c3895f16539ca3676d7aacf960d.png

Again - what you can see here for Jack is the best possible value, as we have no scouting knowledge. Once scouted, these values may drop to their exact level. Obviously, you can't see how good each individual attribute is, which, for me, is perfect for what I'm trying to create.

Where is the preference to change the bar colors? I am not fun of blue but I like most the contrast of red and black .

1 hour ago, milenec11 said:

Where is the preference to change the bar colors? I am not fun of blue but I like most the contrast of red and black .

You will have to change it through the classes that I've built.

1 hour ago, canhsatgiaothong said:

I try to clear cache, close and re-open the game. The skin won't work, my resolution is 1920x1080 and I have no ideas how to fix it

You'll need to zoom to 85% or 95% to see the entire screen or ensure Windows Zoom is not at 125% as is often the default.

13 minutes ago, shkupjan said:

If I am not mistaken this is the 'league stage panel overview' panel but what code should I add there so that I can change the size and maybe the colour of the team's names ?

League stage.xml has all the info for this area, including row height and the position colours.

Hi Ben first of all I want to say love what you are trying to do with the skin and absolutely love the player profile page and thanks for all your efforts. My question is how difficult would it be for me for my own personal use to put those player profile pages and functionality into a different skin? 

2 hours ago, biz2121 said:

Hi Ben first of all I want to say love what you are trying to do with the skin and absolutely love the player profile page and thanks for all your efforts. My question is how difficult would it be for me for my own personal use to put those player profile pages and functionality into a different skin? 

I don’t know, to be honest! What I do know if the profile is made of three separate panels and, in total, there are roughly 100 classes and graphics that would need to be reunited. It might work, but it might not!

My all time favourite skin this, Ben. Thank's for all the hard work that's gone into. Loving the new update.

Not an issue, and definitely playable without fixing, but any ideas how to fix the below? I've tried clearing cache, and ticking side bar icons only, but the players name still only half appear. (plus i'm on 85% zoom) 

Screenshot2023-11-12at15_13_49.thumb.png.0fd2347d5d41b46c740f05b05b71c18e.png

Cheers!

18 minutes ago, srca90 said:

My all time favourite skin this, Ben. Thank's for all the hard work that's gone into. Loving the new update.

Not an issue, and definitely playable without fixing, but any ideas how to fix the below? I've tried clearing cache, and ticking side bar icons only, but the players name still only half appear. (plus i'm on 85% zoom) 

Screenshot2023-11-12at15_13_49.thumb.png.0fd2347d5d41b46c740f05b05b71c18e.png

Cheers!

Check your Windows zoom is not any more than 100%. That seems to be the most common issue that has caused this…

4 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Check your Windows zoom is not any more than 100%. That seems to be the most common issue that has caused this…

Hi Ben, thank's for the reply - much appreciated! Do you mean my actual laptop zoom outside of the game - I'm on a Mac, could that be the issue? In game, I'm on 85% as below. 

Thanks again mate.

Cheers!

Screenshot2023-11-12at15_39_48.thumb.png.32c73623b7e04013835be5d0225c7c2c.png

Just now, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ loving the new changes this year, I haven't been able to test some things as I'm currently at work. When searching for new staff members, is there a way to determine if they're better than the ones that are currently employed?

No. Not really…aside from the staff comparison screen which is Attributeless. I need to have a think about this area still.

2 minutes ago, srca90 said:

Hi Ben, thank's for the reply - much appreciated! Do you mean my actual laptop zoom outside of the game - I'm on a Mac, could that be the issue? In game, I'm on 85% as below. 

Thanks again mate.

Cheers!

Screenshot2023-11-12at15_39_48.thumb.png.32c73623b7e04013835be5d0225c7c2c.png

Try the zoom on the laptop.  I had the same problem with Statman23 and going to 100% zoom on the laptop fixed the issue.

1 minute ago, keeper#1 said:

Try the zoom on the laptop.  I had the same problem with Statman23 and going to 100% zoom on the laptop fixed the issue.

Thank's mate, I'm zoomed out as much as possible on my mac, but still the same. May just be an issue with mac users for this skin. Appreciate the reply though!

10 minutes ago, srca90 said:

Thank's mate, I'm zoomed out as much as possible on my mac, but still the same. May just be an issue with mac users for this skin. Appreciate the reply though!

Ok. I wasn’t aware of the differences between ability to zoom on Mac and on Windows. With the new attribute layout, I’ve been able to take 50 pixels off the size of the middle container, which, judging by your screenshot, may mean that it fits a little better!

Can you let me know anywhere else that is cut off please!

8 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Ok. I wasn’t aware of the differences between ability to zoom on Mac and on Windows. With the new attribute layout, I’ve been able to take 50 pixels off the size of the middle container, which, judging by your screenshot, may mean that it fits a little better!

No worries! In terms of other cut offs, i think its just in development centre, dynamics, staff, club vision and home. (see below)Screenshot2023-11-12at16_05_51.thumb.png.461b4ab78a7fbea020aee05294fcb3b7.pngScreenshot2023-11-12at16_07_52.thumb.png.53a0ccde3c1abb099021fda4e3442a70.pngScreenshot2023-11-12at16_07_32.thumb.png.5336f81f67524a46e32296ba8f79e58f.pngScreenshot2023-11-12at16_07_15.thumb.png.d0c7580ca48f60b21ee217ac08035090.pngScreenshot2023-11-12at16_07_09.thumb.png.0dbaf684db530d56f6caff67f135c2c3.pngScreenshot2023-11-12at16_09_36.thumb.png.a0e61bc84882bd73dffad9d16f7cb4e2.png

Statman24 v1.2:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d84tv8omhet2ily/Statman24+v1.2.rar/file

Changes/fixes:

• New player attribute system showing a total for each training area, which can then be 'dug into' by clicking each position, using the scout/coach report and looking at stats. There are slight nuances between own players, opponents and unemployed players
  • Fixed issue where you couldn't give group shouts in match
  • Fixed issue where shouts covered commentary bar in 100% zoom
  • Fixed rare issue where a player who played as only AM(RL) would not be assigned a FBREF bar based on position
  • Slight reduction in panel size so that player profile and other conflicting panels should fit at 100% zoom on a Mac with 1920x1080 resolution
  • Other small QOL adjustments

Enjoy! I'm hoping that the updates slow down considerably now as bugs are being ironed out and I am able to get back to playing the game...

32 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Oh and this one too, i think, although it may just be the skin that does show the actual ratings, expected goals etc next to the players names.

Cheers!

Screenshot2023-11-12at16_29_54.thumb.png.234a31c52ba113fdade8dc079d41d948.png

248a06048cf19a73a45e7b712f28162d.gif

One of the little QoL features was something that I'd included, knowing it'd cause a bit of a split. I use the averages to track player development but going completely attributeless meant I'd lose that. I've added a button that shows or hides them, depending on what you want to do with them.

13 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

@_Ben_ which widget controls which attributes are in the attribute bars? I'd like to edit them more to my liking

The class is 'attribute_group_int' and the graphics are linked from there.

12 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

In STATS HUB we have stats for the position of Gk Sb Cb Dm Am St 

Can you add and CM and WF as well ?

No. A CM is either attacking or defensive so it is covered anyway and the AM relates to any player who plays across that strata and has comparative stats to match.

@_Ben_

Hey Ben, Appreciate the help earlier, closing the game and restarting did the trick with the numbers on the other screen.  

I am still not seeing any attributes on the staff screen though:

https://gyazo.com/b7f6a2a1c4e4639745dc40c240097ae5

Am I missing a button somehow (it's possible, trust me) or do we have to compare them to current staff to find out how good they are?

Appreciate the help!

Jellico

10 hours ago, srca90 said:

Oh and this one too, i think, although it may just be the skin that does show the actual ratings, expected goals etc next to the players names.

Cheers!

Screenshot2023-11-12at16_29_54.thumb.png.234a31c52ba113fdade8dc079d41d948.png

for this one, there's a way to reorder the players stats... can't remember how to though

6 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

@_Ben_

Hey Ben, Appreciate the help earlier, closing the game and restarting did the trick with the numbers on the other screen.  

I am still not seeing any attributes on the staff screen though:

https://gyazo.com/b7f6a2a1c4e4639745dc40c240097ae5

Am I missing a button somehow (it's possible, trust me) or do we have to compare them to current staff to find out how good they are?

Appreciate the help!

Jellico

I'm not quite there yet but wanted to get the player overview out. I want it to look something like this, whereby clicking on the small icon will see a flyout cover the pitch and show you the text strings that were there before.

image.thumb.png.51fca77617d60dba4dc0a1a24df05492.png

Needs plenty of work but that already feels a bit better and more aligned with the player panel, too.

4 hours ago, SAMiles said:

for this one, there's a way to reorder the players stats... can't remember how to though

There is a button on the right hand side of each box to sort but that resolution has cut it off. I will amend for the next update.

Magister @_Ben_

I would to ask a generic question . Where are in all files skin the icons below at the image that I send 

second 

in tactics panel the field is orientated as portairt and in game at subs tactic panel is landed, can we make it also there portrait in order to have more space?

third 

the idea of bars in group instead of dots is brilliant and Congratulate for that , but some questions .

where is the panel of those attributes combination that came up those bars ? ( I have a different view of what attributes have to combine to have the outcome )

now in a attributeless game as this skin transform the game we have two aspects to choose a player either in a system or in scouting . Stats and scouting.

Normal a scouter scout and predict a player in four main categories ( actually are five but the fifth is difficult to replicate in game ) 

Technical, Tactical and perceptual-cognitive, Physical physiological and motor skills and last Personality-related and mental skills.

do you want to make for you a report of how we can apply those real life knowledge in game in order to make the scouting or the player choosing more interesting? ( of course via PM ) 

IMG_1110.jpeg

Edited by milenec11

would to ask a generic question . Where are in all files skin the icons below at the image that I send 

Just the generic icon sets that come in the game. The file is called pros cons or something similar. 

n tactics panel the field is orientated as portairt and in game at subs tactic panel is landed, can we make it also there portrait in order to have more space?

What do you need the space for? There is enough room for the name, condition etc so it felt reasonable to have it that way. Making it vertical removes space on the tactic panel. 

where is the panel of those attributes combination that came up those bars ? ( I have a different view of what attributes have to combine to have the outcome )

now in a attributeless game as this skin transform the game we have two aspects to choose a player either in a system or in scouting . Stats and scouting.

Normal a scouter scout and predict a player in four main categories ( actually are five but the fifth is difficult to replicate in game ) 

Technical, Tactical and perceptual-cognitive, Physical physiological and motor skills and last Personality-related and mental skills.

do you want to make for you a report of how we can apply those real life knowledge in game in order to make the scouting or the player choosing more interesting? ( of course via PM

Within player folder - it’s called player stats no polygon. You’d need to change the attributes that are linked although I don’t see why you would as those are taken directly from the training areas of the game. 

I’m not changing anything for scouting. The process is that the bars are already somewhat of a guess given that it gives the greatest possible value rather than an exact one and you need to corroborate that with pros/cons and stats to get a full picture.