[FM24][SKIN] Statman24 - Updated 28/02/24

_Ben_

This evening, I'll upload a v1.1 of the skin which has fixed 95% of the issues that've been found so far. There are things that are bigger, design issues, such as sides being cut off: that comes from a design choice that, even though I've tested at 100% on 1920x1080, hasn't quite worked across a variety of other sizes so I need to think longer about that. My plan is to not be so reactive and release forty updates but I do want to get this as bug free as possible before I move away for a little while and play the game...

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing, Amazing work thank you.

My main question is if it is possible for a dummy like me to maybe change say... which bars get chosen for analysis in the 'Stats Hub' tab?  Say (for example) I just got done reading https://fmstag.com/statistics-what-does-good-look-like-in-fm24/ and wanted to change "Tackle Success %" under CB to "Tackles/90" or just changing some of the information layout in the section above that .  If it's something that someone who is at least semi-computer literate would be able to do with a little text editing here and there and playing around with the files, or if I'm screwed there because I'd need to learn full on code to change any of those things.

I have no idea how involved something like that would be for me, and if that skirts too close to the "bring back numbers" style  discussion (of which I have no interest in doing) feel free to ignore this question and move on haha.

Thanks again for the skin though, it's really great and the only reason I wish I knew how to customize it the tiniest bit more in those ways is because I love what you've done and I just want to play around with what  it can show me and how it changes the way you can look at and interact with FM.

Edited by ubernoobNTH

Anyone know how this skin displays when you have limited info of a players ability? Usually I would see a range of attributes on their profile for someone I have limited knowledge of, but with this skin it doesn't show a range - does it show the top range of the attribute, or does it somehow override attribute masking?

19 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

The last one is about attribute development panel and that it is numbered. That is staying for now. But that is because this skin is made for me. I know that feels selfish but that is my first thought and it's the only way I've thought to track growth now the line graphs aren't infitting with the theme! I can show you how to hide it if you'd want?

I understand, makes sense. No need to show me how to hide it, doesn't bother me that much and I think I know how to do it if I wanted to.

One more question - do you consider making pizza chart selection for different positions, like in the Mustermann skin? I believe it now compares players on all positions, so if you look at goalkeepers it shows stats like dribbles, shots or goals, and also shows stats based on all outfield positions, so strikers are being compared to defenders.

2 hours ago, PatrickReynolds said:

Anyone know how this skin displays when you have limited info of a players ability? Usually I would see a range of attributes on their profile for someone I have limited knowledge of, but with this skin it doesn't show a range - does it show the top range of the attribute, or does it somehow override attribute masking?

The value you see is the greatest possible value it could be.

2 hours ago, nielsvg99 said:

I found another bug i think, when there is a penalty shoutout there is no box where it shows how many where scored or missed during the shootout

Ahh! Really hard one to fix as I barely ever encounter them

10 hours ago, ubernoobNTH said:

Amazing, Amazing work thank you.

My main question is if it is possible for a dummy like me to maybe change say... which bars get chosen for analysis in the 'Stats Hub' tab?  Say (for example) I just got done reading https://fmstag.com/statistics-what-does-good-look-like-in-fm24/ and wanted to change "Tackle Success %" under CB to "Tackles/90" or just changing some of the information layout in the section above that .  If it's something that someone who is at least semi-computer literate would be able to do with a little text editing here and there and playing around with the files, or if I'm screwed there because I'd need to learn full on code to change any of those things.

I have no idea how involved something like that would be for me, and if that skirts too close to the "bring back numbers" style  discussion (of which I have no interest in doing) feel free to ignore this question and move on haha.

Thanks again for the skin though, it's really great and the only reason I wish I knew how to customize it the tiniest bit more in those ways is because I love what you've done and I just want to play around with what  it can show me and how it changes the way you can look at and interact with FM.

Ok - so...each class has twenty different readings taken for it based on an average across the top twenty leagues for that position. That, in itself, took ages to do and needs updating every new iteration. Then, I create the classes and the graphics, although, if you were swapping it - like you've said there - you wouldn't need new graphics only amended class names and directories. Then, you need to select where the stat is being generated from, found in person properties.

If you can collate some ideas for what to show in each area, I'm interested to hear!

1 hour ago, Kapizak1 PL said:

One more question - do you consider making pizza chart selection for different positions, like in the Mustermann skin? I believe it now compares players on all positions, so if you look at goalkeepers it shows stats like dribbles, shots or goals, and also shows stats based on all outfield positions, so strikers are being compared to defenders.

No. The pizza chart is there as an initial overview but you're right that I probably need to address that for goalkeepers. The positional breakdown is there on the FBREF style bar charts that I created myself.

Statman24 v1.1

https://www.mediafire.com/file/spgjv5eo9ff70cf/Statman24+v1.1.rar/file

Fixes/changes:

• Highlight on media dream XI changed
  • Some panels reverting to secondary colours now changed
  • Match preview tactic screen should now support greater resolution range
  • Player profile name size shrunk slightly to fit longer names in
  • Added remainder of squad to tactic panel, even if not picked in XI or subs
  • Removed broken panels from manager selector area
  • Removed staff attributes from team meeting
  • Changed alignment of stat on competition overview for players so it fits at higher zooms
  • Changed sizing of subs bar in match

Please let me know of any other issues. There are still problems with sizing of individual roles and player comparisons on the tactics panel and there is still an ongoing issue with the sides of the player profile potentially missing on 100%+ zoom. I'd recommend a switch to 95%, maximum to get the most of out the skin.

Heya,

scrolled through the thread and had the scaling issues after cleared cache and restart. So i downloaded the paper file and added it, now my FM is broken. After the loading there's only blackness, but the game is running. What to do?

Skärmbild 2023-11-10 195436.png

Edited by lilljons
Picture

44 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Statman24 v1.1

https://www.mediafire.com/file/spgjv5eo9ff70cf/Statman24+v1.1.rar/file

Fixes/changes:

• Highlight on media dream XI changed
  • Some panels reverting to secondary colours now changed
  • Match preview tactic screen should now support greater resolution range
  • Player profile name size shrunk slightly to fit longer names in
  • Added remainder of squad to tactic panel, even if not picked in XI or subs
  • Removed broken panels from manager selector area
  • Removed staff attributes from team meeting
  • Changed alignment of stat on competition overview for players so it fits at higher zooms
  • Changed sizing of subs bar in match

Please let me know of any other issues. There are still problems with sizing of individual roles and player comparisons on the tactics panel and there is still an ongoing issue with the sides of the player profile potentially missing on 100%+ zoom. I'd recommend a switch to 95%, maximum to get the most of out the skin.

I have to admit that last year's version was easier to use and friendlier

but is very good 

11 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

I have to admit that last year's version was easier to use and friendlier

but is very good 

You can’t post that with no context? What do you mean easier to use and friendlier? Maybe it’s lost in translation but maybe you should not constantly ask for changes that you want and then say it’s not what you expected. 

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

You can’t post that with no context? What do you mean easier to use and friendlier? Maybe it’s lost in translation but maybe you should not constantly ask for changes that you want and then say it’s not what you expected. 

It’s mine opinion in my point of view and is not necessary to fit with any one .

for exp. ( for me and only for me ) 

the lack of attributes for me is something 

last year by the player in player overview was a ribbon with a player Description, I can’t find it ,

at stat hub the skin gives you automatically the position stat according player’s position and you can’t change it but for exp Alvaro Fidalgo is an Creative Advance Midfielder at the skin gives me the stats at stat hub for a defensive midfielder.

on that stat hub was some buttons that give us some other goods now a did nit find them .

In game the commentary ribbon is covered by the info of shouts , Instructions starting Eleven

and the resize issue 

if I want to make in game a sub and go through the tactic the big names are impossible to read the in 95%

this last year was not an issue.

but it change the FM24 

all those are things to discuss about and not Complain, you are doing something for free and we must thank you for that so I do apologize if I became grumpy

34 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

on some cases does  not give anything...........

Untitled1.png

Untitled1.png

Edited by milenec11

17 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

the lack of attributes for me is something 

It's an attributeless skin. It's called Statman for a reason.

last year by the player in player overview was a ribbon with a player Description, I can’t find it ,

image.png.3cd59412e861f5893c4461ad95cd7234.png

Here or here?

at stat hub the skin gives you automatically the position stat according player’s position and you can’t change it but for exp Alvaro Fidalgo is an Creative Advance Midfielder at the skin gives me the stats at stat hub for a defensive midfielder.

Yep. You can choose broadly by position. This is a piece of code I found that, in my opinion, drastically improves this experience. If I had a chart for only midfielders, it'd work but that'd give you such a wide range of data. It's one click to change whereas it used to be one click to get off the overview.

on that stat hub was some buttons that give us some other goods now a did nit find them .

The stat hub is brand new this year so there was nothing there before. You still have the Player Performance Panel.

In game the commentary ribbon is covered by the info of shouts , Instructions starting Eleven

Nobody has made me aware of this but nothing has changed from last year in match at all.

and the resize issue 

Which issue? The skin is built for 85% and 95% zoom on 1920x1080. Anything else may not be compatible. I think you maybe misunderstand the difficulty of creating something to fit a nealy finite number of screen sizes

if I want to make in game a sub and go through the tactic the big names are impossible to read the in 95%

I'm on 85% and don't know what you mean?

image.thumb.png.f41c6bf8ad13671293edc130a95e4758.png

7 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

on some cases does  not give anything...........

I cannot replicate this issue to check. Sorry.

---

Constructive feedback feels very different from just pointing out things you think are not how you want them.

Edited by _Ben_

4 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

It's an attributeless skin. It's called Statman for a reason.

image.png.3cd59412e861f5893c4461ad95cd7234.png

Here or here?

Yep. You can choose broadly by position. If I had a chart for only midfielders, it'd work but that'd give you such a wide range of data. It's one click to change whereas it used to be one click to get off the overview.

The stat hub is brand new this year so there was nothing there before. You still have the Player Performance Panel.

Nobody has made me aware of this but nothing has changed from last year in match at all.

Which issue? The skin is built for 85% and 95% zoom on 1920x1080. Anything else may not be compatible. I think you maybe misunderstand the difficulty of creating something to fit a nealy finite number of screen sizes

I'm on 85% and don't know what you mean?

image.thumb.png.f41c6bf8ad13671293edc130a95e4758.png

I cannot replicate this issue to check. Sorry.

---

Constructive feedback feels very different from just pointing out things you think are not how you want them.

I am playing in 1920x1080 at 95% in an HP omen Laptop 

if a player in subs has three names  Juan Pablo Barbrosa for exp is difficult to read it .

now I am on a laptop if this is for desktop then my fault .

and ….I am stopping here cause the things went weird 

2 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

I click it and does it change anything 

He hasn't played any games?! You need to click the small player next to where it says AM. Please confirm that this changes the 'Defensive Midfielder' to 'Attacking Midfielder'

6 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

I am playing in 1920x1080 at 95% in an HP omen Laptop 

if a player in subs has three names  Juan Pablo Barbrosa for exp is difficult to read it .

now I am on a laptop if this is for desktop then my fault .

and ….I am stopping here cause the things went weird 

This is at 100% zoom on 1920x1080 on a laptop:

image.png.e264ff38046477a1077cb66b04ed4b9a.png

The names should fit!

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

He hasn't played any games?! You need to click the small player next to where it says AM. Please confirm that this changes the 'Defensive Midfielder' to 'Attacking Midfielder'

As for the player has played friendly games 

as for me I just clear the cache reload the game and then…..crash .

now does not start the FM 24 

I will restart my laptop 

8 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

This is at 100% zoom on 1920x1080 on a laptop:

image.png.e264ff38046477a1077cb66b04ed4b9a.png

The names should fit!

And I am speaking about the names when during a game you want to make a sub via tactic . Then the name is very shrink and impossible to read it clearly 

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Ok - so...each class has twenty different readings taken for it based on an average across the top twenty leagues for that position. That, in itself, took ages to do and needs updating every new iteration. Then, I create the classes and the graphics, although, if you were swapping it - like you've said there - you wouldn't need new graphics only amended class names and directories. Then, you need to select where the stat is being generated from, found in person properties.

Appreciate it, that's a start for me at least.

My problem with FM is that I never end up having one save that dominates, I end up playing a bunch of 5-15 year saves because I enjoy trying (and failing) to create tactics so it was more a bigger 'pie in the sky' idea as well.  Maybe on one save I want everything in midfield to show me defensive stats, where another I want midfield to show me only creative, or only finishing if I expect my midfielders to bang in it from range quite often. 

If you can collate some ideas for what to show in each area, I'm interested to hear!

They're really well done, I have no real complaints or anything like that so I apologize if it came off like that.  The only thing I would say is potentially missing somewhere is I don't think I noticed any crossing stats in any of the sections, not sure how much you can tell about wing play with the current setup - at least in the analysis bars.  I see some numbers above in the possession column.  I'm not one of the great FM minds or anything, I just enjoy taking bits and pieces of what I can and customizing my views and UI setup (at least as much as possible on the user end) with what I read from them  and trying to learn more.

Edited by ubernoobNTH

13 minutes ago, ubernoobNTH said:

They're really well done, I have no real complaints or anything like that so I apologize if it came off like that.  The only thing I would say is potentially missing somewhere is I don't think I noticed any crossing stats in any of the sections, not sure how much you can tell about wing play with the current setup - at least in the analysis bars.

Good point! I changed pressures for cross success. For me, most of the stuff is around in certain places - it just needs a tweak!

image.png.b14cb31de40d002e2ba040c514a616cc.png

hace 2 horas, _Ben_ dijo:

Don't pay attention to any rudeness. We know there are some out there that have no appreciation for the hard work and endless hours you put in order to assembles these masterpieces. 

I loved this skin and love the ethos behind it but ultimately at least for now I have moved to another skin. 

The reason being was the way the attribute dots were displayed. In my version they were in to small an area and were tightly packed. It felt uncomfortable on the eye and lacked intuition. So much so I didn't feel I ever got to know my players. I feel if the attributes were moved into the box below which was wider the dots could have been spaced better (as in more space between the attributes not the dots themselves) and would have been more visually appealing, at least for me. Also whilst I'm here I would have preferred the labels within the attributes to be left aligned rather than centre aligned. 

9 hours ago, SPE3D said:

I loved this skin and love the ethos behind it but ultimately at least for now I have moved to another skin. 

The reason being was the way the attribute dots were displayed. In my version they were in to small an area and were tightly packed. It felt uncomfortable on the eye and lacked intuition. So much so I didn't feel I ever got to know my players. I feel if the attributes were moved into the box below which was wider the dots could have been spaced better (as in more space between the attributes not the dots themselves) and would have been more visually appealing, at least for me. Also whilst I'm here I would have preferred the labels within the attributes to be left aligned rather than centre aligned. 

Whilst I’m not going to pander to the wants of everyone, feedback like this is really useful to me - I get to justify some decisions and explore changes off the back of it. 

Firstly - what screen resolution and zoom are you using?

I keep the attributes next to the pitch in the top box because, when you click on an area of the pitch, you see key attributes and a basic performance output for that area. Moving it down would, in my eyes, create a disconnect with that. 

Do you think the lack of spacing is because the dots are too big or the text is too big? I will play with the alignment and come back to you with how the differences are - but, actually, I see your point that it’s a bit easier to read left to right and see that two dots are less than three, for example. 

Thank you. 

43 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Whilst I’m not going to pander to the wants of everyone, feedback like this is really useful to me - I get to justify some decisions and explore changes off the back of it. 

Firstly - what screen resolution and zoom are you using?

I keep the attributes next to the pitch in the top box because, when you click on an area of the pitch, you see key attributes and a basic performance output for that area. Moving it down would, in my eyes, create a disconnect with that. 

Do you think the lack of spacing is because the dots are too big or the text is too big? I will play with the alignment and come back to you with how the differences are - but, actually, I see your point that it’s a bit easier to read left to right and see that two dots are less than three, for example. 

Thank you. 

Or you can use numbers instead of dots ...exp 3 and a half dots equal to 3,5 or whqt else 

53 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Or you can use numbers instead of dots ...exp 3 and a half dots equal to 3,5 or whqt else 

There will be no attribute numberor representations that are numerical. I'm sure I'd already made that clear?

@SPE3D Here are the dots reduced in size:

image.png.32956cb0ab4378cffdc4d293f28d407d.png

Then, as part of a longer term idea, I've really quickly made this:

image.png.d884fd2c6b55b4dd10a434e7456ac881.png 

The end goal would be to, somehow, show an average for each area, represented like this - but that is some way off!

45 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

There will be no attribute numberor representations that are numerical. I'm sure I'd already made that clear?

The end goal would be to, somehow, show an average for each area, represented like this - but that is some way off!

i do not speak about attributes number but a number has less space from 5 dots in a row i do not say to pur back the attributes numbers if 5 dots is equal to 19 or 20 but make the ..... five dots number 5 .

if you go to letters it will be better to be letters as A , B ,C , D, E, F ... etc.

now i have an issue and an idea 

the issue is a have stats but not pizza chart as photo below shows at image 1

and the idea is that at scout info at image 2 we have a small panel with info at button to press in order to go to player overview and to see the rest info

now by press at any button PROFILE , INFO , CONTRACT etc it go us to the player overview panel at by clicking we can see any info...in that case you can put one button and send us to the palyer panel if i have to search there to find goods.

many clicks in either way or we can put on any button pop up images from player overview panel as a have crop in image 1 the panel with the numbers 1-2-3 or all or one of this to see with less time the info that matters.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Edited by milenec11

There will be no ‘5’ to show a rating if 19 or 20 as I may as well just use 19 or 20. Also, letters are too subjective and I’ve binned that idea. In lower leagues, nobody will have an ‘A’ and we all assume ‘D’ is poor but it’s good at that level. Im going to pursue an average, I think.

I don’t understand what you mean with the rest, sorry. My building work on these panels is thought out and I want to separate stats from attributes and performance, hence why there are different areas. The popup panel is not big enough to house metric bars and is purposely designed to be a link area. 

I also see you are having sizing issues but you have not turned on sidebar icons only as instructed. 

Edited by _Ben_

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

this:

I think the dots are better personally. I’d not change it. 

22 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

the issue is a have stats but not pizza chart as photo below shows at image 1

It takes a moment to load. Be patient 

15 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

There will be no ‘5’ to show a rating if 19 or 20 as I may as well just use 19 or 20. Also, letters are too subjective and I’ve binned that idea

Phew, good idea. Like I said above I’d not move away from the dots it works perfectly and general feedback is people enjoy them 

A fairly big move inspired by this morning...

image.thumb.png.9e74f97f53bf49e61a279332ed7d0284.png

image.thumb.png.fea6526fe99175f6935d43faa5028a43.png

The bar is the 'value' of the three attributes within it (I'll add hints to each title). When a player is unscouted, it shows the best case for the attributes so they will/may drop as you learn about them. I feel that it is the final goal in the 'x player is strong and has good endurance' rather than a list of attributes that make up that area. Also makes it so easy to decide on the development path in terms of additional attributes.

Edited by _Ben_

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

There will be no ‘5’ to show a rating if 19 or 20 as I may as well just use 19 or 20. Also, letters are too subjective and I’ve binned that idea. In lower leagues, nobody will have an ‘A’ and we all assume ‘D’ is poor but it’s good at that level. Im going to pursue an average, I think.

I don’t understand what you mean with the rest, sorry. My building work on these panels is thought out and I want to separate stats from attributes and performance, hence why there are different areas. The popup panel is not big enough to house metric bars and is purposely designed to be a link area. 

I also see you are having sizing issues but you have not turned on sidebar icons only as instructed. 

sidebar icons only as instructed.  simply i do not know how to do it

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

don’t understand what you mean with the rest, sorry

what i meant i try to tell you what on the image below

suapose that i am at scouting panel

after scouting a player i click on him 

take the panel of info which are for exp what i have write on it .....i click on the arrow "button" and pop up the info that the discreption discabe on this panel pop up info not click player click info searching in player overview 

Untitled3.png

28 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

take the panel of info which are for exp what i have write on it .....i click on the arrow "button" and pop up the info that the discreption discabe on this panel pop up info not click player click info searching in player overview 

You can't create a popup and certainly I wouldn't want a popup inside a pop up. It's two more clicks.

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Hi Ben to answer your original question I'm playing 100% in 2560x1080. Did try in 1920 resolution but it was the same. Agreed about not moving the attributes below. There would be a disconnect. Hadn't thought about that.

The spacing between those dots is better. Wonder if it would look better if the white labels were left aligned as the dots are?

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

A fairly big move inspired by this morning...

image.thumb.png.9e74f97f53bf49e61a279332ed7d0284.png

image.thumb.png.fea6526fe99175f6935d43faa5028a43.png

The bar is the 'value' of the three attributes within it (I'll add hints to each title). When a player is unscouted, it shows the best case for the attributes so they will/may drop as you learn about them. I feel that it is the final goal in the 'x player is strong and has good endurance' rather than a list of attributes that make up that area. Also makes it so easy to decide on the development path in terms of additional attributes.

you can go with that one step further by doing this as the photo below for the player of our own team 

this is a stat skin what the perpose to have analytics dots for speed accelaration etc and not training groups?.........so you can use the gap for furter info

also at attributes hub and perfomance hub the main theme is the same attributes what the perpose to be in both hubs the perfomance hubs could be plank or to fill with other infos

1.png

2.png

Hey Ben, throwing some additional 'attributes' feedback your way:

I agree with @danielgear, the original "dots" idea is still me favorite. Some of the reasons why I like it:

- I haven't had the time to play FM24/test Statman24 yet, but the FM23 version was really easy to edit some xml files to tweak the dots looks, changing color, attribute range, moving attributes around, etc. I imagine this version works in a similar way, so it should still be easy enough for most people to tweak it to their preference, making it a flexible solution. 

- The combination of number/amount of dots + its colors make it very easy for the user to quickly know the strengths and weaknesses of a player. For example, if you see "lots of yellow" in the second attribute(s) in the bottom row (Positioning) you already know you have a player who can help the team defensively, you just look at the other attributes to check if the player is better as a CB, DM, etc... (obviously this changes a bit based on your tactics and what you expect of each player/position/role) 

- The bar idea has the advantages you listed, but I would say the dots can be better in some (maybe rare?) instances, some examples:

Let's say a player has insane Long Shots but poor Finishing. Using the dots you can easily see that, but with the bar it can end up being a bit misleading. You might end up mistakingly thinking the player is a great "finisher/poacher" kind of player, when in reality he is a good long range threat. 

Another example using a real player this time: 

Someone like James Milner who has very high Natural Fitness and average Pace/Acc might end up looking like a somewhat fast player, when in reality he has average speed but can keep running all day long. 

I feel your idea of adding hints might alleviate these issues, but I would love if the dots could stay at least as an option. The dots are still my favorite way of showing a player's attributes in any skin/FM version to this day. 

33 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

also yesterday i spoke about some things that change from last years skin and was useful and i mean for those.............below

20.png

From the first red box:

1. Pizza chart - now in stats hub

2. Metric bars - now in stats hub

3. Player form - now behind button on performance panel

4. Player compare - found in button at bottom of page

Archetypes have gone as I didn't create them myself.

40 minutes ago, Ikthop said:

- I haven't had the time to play FM24/test Statman24 yet, but the FM23 version was really easy to edit some xml files to tweak the dots looks, changing color, attribute range, moving attributes around, etc. I imagine this version works in a similar way, so it should still be easy enough for most people to tweak it to their preference, making it a flexible solution. 

Still should be nice and easy!

- The combination of number/amount of dots + its colors make it very easy for the user to quickly know the strengths and weaknesses of a player. For example, if you see "lots of yellow" in the second attribute(s) in the bottom row (Positioning) you already know you have a player who can help the team defensively, you just look at the other attributes to check if the player is better as a CB, DM, etc... (obviously this changes a bit based on your tactics and what you expect of each player/position/role) 

I agree - and I do lose it on this one because I don't want each value to have a different colour as it won't show on the bar nicely

Let's say a player has insane Long Shots but poor Finishing. Using the dots you can easily see that, but with the bar it can end up being a bit misleading. You might end up mistakingly thinking the player is a great "finisher/poacher" kind of player, when in reality he is a good long range threat. 

I still have this left behind...

image.png.a6fde2db501d7e002da40b1c0ee8bbd3.png

Click on the position and you get the specific breakdown:

image.png.03cb94edcbe61866a7e6589f692f8a66.png

Unsure whether to turn that into bars at some point but it's there ready for my decision.

I feel your idea of adding hints might alleviate these issues, but I would love if the dots could stay at least as an option

Hints are there as seen in the first image - although a 'Shooting: Finishing, Long Shots and Technique' may make that look a bit nicer. I'm hoping that you can see that I've gone with somewhat of a hybrid approach here. With the nature of the dots, I'm not sure that it can be repeated because they won't stick together - if you know what I mean. However, I will explore this!

EDIT: Just changed the graphic and I'd have to rethink the number of stars that are on show. 10 is too many and I can't use half circles as they me have a half next to half in the middle. If you know what I mean?

image.png.dff6016cb6a3bcaacc77602680fb5d04.png

Food for thought but I do like the bars - they fit with what I've got elsewhere!

Edited by _Ben_