[FM24] Rob's History Update 2024 - v .4.00 RELEASED 04/03/2024

• Rob 396 changed the title to [FM24] Rob's History Update 2024 - v .1.00 Released
6 hours ago, Rob 396 said:

- Please let me know if you spot any mistakes

I've already spotted some errors regarding Germany, I should have remembered this happened when porting over from FM22 to FM23 as well - the Editor randomly changes some German league histories, randomly unticks boxes, and I've also seen that the very handy 'Unknown club' has been removed from the game entirely - so I'll have to go through and amend those missing entries also

So yeah, that'll be in v2.00

7 minutes ago, joe5p said:

This is an amazing addition every year, Rob, thanks for the work you do on it

Thanks Joe,

Thankfully I got most of the hard work done last year, so all I have to do now is go through it with a fine tooth comb to find all the things the port messed up :lol::lol:

• Rob 396 changed the title to [FM24] Rob's History Update 2024 - v .2.00 Released

OK, very quick after the initial release but v.2.00 is online (link updated in post #1 also)

I found so many issues yesterday that I just had to get them all sorted whilst 'working from home' (*cough cough*)

What's changed? - 

- so there was a club called 'Unknown club' on the FM22 and FM23 editor which made it very handy to fill in gaps for extinct competitions where a club no longer existed, but for whatever reason SI just plain got rid of the beloved Unknown Club, so any instance where I used it - there was now a big gap!
- for some reason random Stage Names in multiple competitions were just blank
- I noticed that some information was wrong, like half way through the History list for, say, a friendly cup in Spain, there would be no winner and Sheffield United randomly in third place (no idea why)

The usual problems when you insert a file from an older database into a new one - it tries its best to load the information, but any changes in the database itself between versions can cause problems

Anyway, they're all sorted now, which leaves future versions open for actual 'proper' updates

2 hours ago, oche balboa said:

This is a class file. Not got FM24 but are the Wartime cups and Senior Cups for England added? 

Wartime, yep - 

image.png.695279df3a0e2f3555f39ebf044ca142.png

Can I just confirm what you mean by Senior Cups? do you mean like, the Lancashire Senior Cups etc.?

So originally I had them, then removed them because of their Reserve team nature - I can look to add them again for future versions

*I'll just add a caveat in the description about how they're mainly played by Reserves teams nowadays

**I just had to undo a Clear History setting on the 2x I'd made initially and add the Stage Name info, I'll make the Birmingham ones etc. next

image.png.ed912a5fd2b9948fdb931b66fd4615f8.png

image.thumb.png.aa7e0032736294706f62c8a575211aef.png

Edited by Rob 396

6 minutes ago, Curtains-2720 said:

Great job mate. I have a question : does your added text seamlessly integrate when using other language than English? Or is this mod specifically intended for English language?

Thanks

You know what, I've never ever even attempted to change the language of FM - so I'm not sure about that

Given I free-type the added text, I would imagine it would stay English even if the FM language were to change - unless it has some kind of auto-translate feature (which is doubtful)

*changed the Language in the Editor to Italian just to take a look - it stays English as I thought it probably would - 

image.png.0ab3be3b363a8138e8f1ae1d6908863b.png

image.png.c1ae4224d2f7124696b1fd96e25fba37.png

image.png.aa03cd9f238125480ac033e8d246c27d.png

Edited by Rob 396

13 minutes ago, Curtains-2720 said:

Great job mate. I have a question : does your added text seamlessly integrate when using other language than English? Or is this mod specifically intended for English language?

Thanks

I'm glad you brought this up though, because I've just spotted this beauty of a typo - 

teams playing the Serie C Centro-Sud/B group into the future..

image.png.72289bc7fae99ad3244df113f4a0fe68.png

image.png.04579747ca2a97dee8ef3b35c5af1f62.png

Edited by Rob 396

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your work.

i am right, you mean, you recommend to use these two files (together) for fm24?
= your file (Data File + Trophy Pack) + the itch, etch, atch Files (three Files) from CFuller ?
or... just one of them, so we have to choose between your or his file?

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Luke_Shawly said:

Thanks for your work.

i am right, you mean, you recommend to use these two files (together) for fm24?
= your file (Data File + Trophy Pack) + the itch, etch, atch Files (three Files) from CFuller ?
or... just one of them, so we have to choose between your or his file?

Cheers!

That's right, in addition to

So I recommend the CFuller files in addition to mine, not instead of - the data file and trophy pack, plus his 3x files

His 3x files don't amend anything I did, but they certainly enhance the immersion of it all

Rob x

9 hours ago, valve said:

The former USSR top league was called Vysshaya Liga (Высшая лига).

Also, avoid mixing in Cyrillic abbreviations even when they look like Latin (USSR not CCCP).

My file does not change the name of any in-game competitions which are in the database by default

So any default database competition will have the name provided by SI Games, or any 'Real Name Fix' type file people may wish to use

If it's called the 'CCCP Top League' or something, then that's not of my doing

brilliant and wonderful work, many thanks for improving a game immensely.

i have been researching images of trophies and competitions for a while and now have stumbled over your project by chance, as if some superior algorithm pulled the strings in the background :lol:

if you like, i can share the ones i found with you and you can add them at your leisure. i’ll have a look if there are missing ones or images that can be improved.

i’m most active @ football manager graphics, where i’m part of the graphics team, and sometimes pop in @ sort it out si, but this is fine, too. cheers, and thanks again!

here are a few for starters:

caf coupe d’afrique des nations - trophy 1 (abdelaziz abdellah salem), awarded between 1957-1978:

histAdbelazizAbdallahSalemTrophyFIpjR__XoAIraHd.jpg.d08c7831f63e821655cb77da00183404.jpg

caf coupe d’afrique des nations - trophy 2 (unité africaine), awarded between 1980-2000:

7xm.xyz215061.thumb.jpg.45a95c34ca544123caba9320eb5bd94a.jpg

caf - uefa meridian cup:

1s-l1600.thumb.jpg.4cf7b5f885118b6b06b95c9d5af868fb.jpg

Man, your work is amazing.
I was terribly annoyed by the lack of this type of information.
Maybe for most it's a detail and a small thing, but I find it much more enjoyable to play, I like this kind of statistics and history of clubs.

Thank you!

@Rob 396 a remark about the info text concerning the former first, second and third division in england. from what i understand, the former football league rebranded them as championship, league 1 and league 2 in 2004, but rebranded/renamed itself to the english football league only in 2016, so there never was an efl division 1, 2 or 3.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160810201223/https://www.efl.com/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx

The Football League is to be re-named the English Football League as part of a comprehensive corporate and competition re-branding.
The new title, which will come into use at the conclusion of the current season and ahead of the 2016/17 campaign, will be shortened to EFL for everyday use across the game.

[…]

Harvey also confirmed that the League would be retaining the three existing divisional titles, “The Championship, League One and League Two divisional titles have proven popular with fans since their introduction in 2004 and have since been used by leagues in other countries and in other sports. It is therefore our intention to incorporate them into the new EFL brand,” he said.

Edited by cameosis

On 07/12/2023 at 14:40, cameosis said:

@Rob 396 a remark about the info text concerning the former first, second and third division in england. from what i understand, the former football league rebranded them as championship, league 1 and league 2 in 2004, but rebranded/renamed itself to the english football league only in 2016, so there never was an efl division 1, 2 or 3.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160810201223/https://www.efl.com/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-named-the-english-football-league-2798210.aspx

I came here to point out the "EFL" wasn't called anything other than "The Football League" until 2016 too.

An incredible piece of work, nevertheless.

v3.00 is online

Editor File v3.00
Trophy Pack v3.00

Changes

- Minor duplicate/incorrect data fixes (for example, 1999/2000 was duplicated in Ligue 1 showing Monaco had won it twice on their Honours list)

- Created some of the many-many regional FA county cup competitions (with more to come)

- Changes to some of the wording on the biographical additions, especially in England (thanks cameosis and griffin99)

- And many more

v4.00 will most likely be after the usual FM January update

I've not had as much free time this year to tinker with this, but I shall keep updating it when I can

Please continue to point out any errors, or make suggestions about future improvements

Rob x

Screenshots

image.thumb.png.0cd7466ad231b4521eb6bf3b88d7105d.png

image.thumb.png.203405d89ca046292b20a39c518b18c6.png

image.thumb.png.0867bd180cdf45a6d9b024b40dd30795.png

image.png.04fed22aba7301372761f1934727fed5.png

image.png.ae6716fd51227909427a468fcaca3022.png

image.png.22b70bb9173ea34307e472166b6cd895.png

• Rob 396 changed the title to [FM24] Rob's History Update 2024 - v .3.00 Released
On 05/12/2023 at 09:31, arturss1 said:

Man, your work is amazing.
I was terribly annoyed by the lack of this type of information.
Maybe for most it's a detail and a small thing, but I find it much more enjoyable to play, I like this kind of statistics and history of clubs.

Thank you!

Thank you Arturss1 :)

• Rob 396 changed the title to [FM24] Rob's History Update 2024 - v .3.00 RELEASED 11/12/2023
58 minutes ago, cameosis said:

this is a terrible, terrible ocd trap :lol::lock:

I know, you should see how many hours I put into this when I first started it on FM21

I've had to stop myself nit-picking - luckily I don't have the time fret over it at the minute haha!

47 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

I know, you should see how many hours I put into this when I first started it on FM21

I've had to stop myself nit-picking - luckily I don't have the time fret over it at the minute haha!

i’ve sent you a pm, cheers.

Il 8/11/2023 in 16:49 , Rob 396 ha scritto:

You know what, I've never ever even attempted to change the language of FM - so I'm not sure about that

Given I free-type the added text, I would imagine it would stay English even if the FM language were to change - unless it has some kind of auto-translate feature (which is doubtful)

*changed the Language in the Editor to Italian just to take a look - it stays English as I thought it probably would - 

image.png.0ab3be3b363a8138e8f1ae1d6908863b.png

image.png.c1ae4224d2f7124696b1fd96e25fba37.png

First of all, thank you for the newest iteration of your file. I really appreciate the effort you put into it.

It would be great and extremely useful translating all these descriptions with lnc files, but it seems this type of editing have no impacts on changing the stage name based on what I saw (maybe someone could shed more light on this). I guess a few of us would be happy to help you with the appropriate translations in different languages, but acting on the original file with the pre-game editor would cause a huge increase in the database changes' number.

What kind of solution could we think of?

On 12/12/2023 at 14:08, Ivs said:

First of all, thank you for the newest iteration of your file. I really appreciate the effort you put into it.

It would be great and extremely useful translating all these descriptions with lnc files, but it seems this type of editing have no impacts on changing the stage name based on what I saw (maybe someone could shed more light on this). I guess a few of us would be happy to help you with the appropriate translations in different languages, but acting on the original file with the pre-game editor would cause a huge increase in the database changes' number.

What kind of solution could we think of?

So you can Export databases in an xml format, like so - 

image.png.27e3e3c06c6dbb923a06ecea59b73852.png

Which will let you open it like this - 

image.png.e0661042efbbb01432eff8855b3b61da.png

In which you could do the translations, save, and presumably Import it back into the Editor using the 'Import' function on the menu

However, this would 100% be a manual process - the translation, for each entry on the XML that you wished to translate - and you'd need to be able to find it via the ID of the competition etc.

3 hours ago, Kraake said:

This is absolutely magical!

I am really looking forward to going in to check something, and the getting lost in reading up on history of and facts about the game.

Thank you very much, Sir!

Let me know if there are any competitions you would like more history added to etc.

Admittedly, some competitions have more than others

On 13/12/2023 at 21:26, Rob 396 said:

So you can Export databases in an xml format, like so - 

image.png.27e3e3c06c6dbb923a06ecea59b73852.png

Which will let you open it like this - 

image.png.e0661042efbbb01432eff8855b3b61da.png

In which you could do the translations, save, and presumably Import it back into the Editor using the 'Import' function on the menu

However, this would 100% be a manual process - the translation, for each entry on the XML that you wished to translate - and you'd need to be able to find it via the ID of the competition etc.

can you export all the competitions or would you also have to export them individually?

FM has corrected the missing RB Leipzig DFB Pokal from last win. I think in this version, you have still added another win manually in the database, so rn if you open the game with your database, RB Leipzig gets credited with two wins for last year^^

at least for me it was this way when i started a game with your databse

10 hours ago, hassi93 said:

FM has corrected the missing RB Leipzig DFB Pokal from last win. I think in this version, you have still added another win manually in the database, so rn if you open the game with your database, RB Leipzig gets credited with two wins for last year^^

I'll take a look at that now

10 hours ago, hassi93 said:

Also, on the topic of v4.00 - I've been doing some more revisions - looking at introducing national team achievements into the biography of some leagues, to flesh things out a bit - as below - thoughts?

image.thumb.png.01ba18f100f1388be755c2cc0b74fe73.png

1 hour ago, Rob 396 said:

Also, on the topic of v4.00 - I've been doing some more revisions - looking at introducing national team achievements into the biography of some leagues, to flesh things out a bit - as below - thoughts?

i like the idea of this, it's interesting to know but I probably don't go to the national team screen much so seeing it in the league would be useful

7 hours ago, Rob 396 said:

while it’s a great read, i’d probably keep the club and national team achievements separate. a compromise could be to expand a club’s history or background and mention key players past and present.

bonus points for the correct spelling of the (ex-)yugoslav players. :applause:

4 hours ago, cameosis said:

while it’s a great read, i’d probably keep the club and national team achievements separate. a compromise could be to expand a club’s history or background and mention key players past and present.

bonus points for the correct spelling of the (ex-)yugoslav players. :applause:

I think it will be used sparingly to provide context as to a nation's status at the time - like how the Swedish national team were great, but the league was not - I think for some leagues, context might be needed as to why there was such a difference between those two things

Same with Hungary in the 1940s/50s/60s etc. - some people may just not know why they are so poor now compared to then, without the context of the national team successes and political situation in the country

I'll defo be using my History degree for some of this :lol:

Edited by Rob 396

32 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

I think it will be used sparingly to provide context as to a nation's status at the time - like how the Swedish national team were great, but the league was not - I think for some leagues, context might be needed as to why there was such a difference between those two things

Same with Hungary in the 1940s/50s/60s etc. - some people may just not know why they are so poor now compared to then, without the context of the national team successes and political situation in the country

I'll defo be using my History degree for some of this :lol:

well, they were good enough to place ahead of germany and england in the last edition of the nations league :lol: but that »golden generation« comes once every few decades, if again at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob, amazing work. Thanks!

Wanted to let you know I found an error. Your file sets CSKA as latest champions in Bulgaria - it should be Ludogorets.

Hopefully an easy fix :)

Posted (edited)
On 05/01/2024 at 20:58, Liffa said:

Hi Rob, amazing work. Thanks!

Wanted to let you know I found an error. Your file sets CSKA as latest champions in Bulgaria - it should be Ludogorets.

Hopefully an easy fix :)

You're right, what a strange mistake for me to make

I wonder if I misread this as the 1/2/3 league standing in haste - 

image.png

(EDIT - I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the mistake, or by finding out that Ludogorets did indeed win a 12th title in a row .. :lol:)

Edited by Rob 396

Great work mate, can you just let me know where to save the trophies once downloaded to get them showing in game, is it just within the graphics folder or is their a sub trophy folder within that?

1 hour ago, TheWednesday said:

Great work mate, can you just let me know where to save the trophies once downloaded to get them showing in game, is it just within the graphics folder or is their a sub trophy folder within that?

Put Rob's folder in your graphics folder, but not any subfolder of it.

• 1 month later...

After having to update my Czechoslovakia file twice for the Czech, Slovak, Czechoslovak Cups and Czechoslovak First Division I very much more appreciate the amount of work you put in these files. It's tedious work.