[FM24] ITCH, ETCH & ATCH - International, European & Americas Team Competition Histories

Excellent work again.

One thing to note for ETCH.

FCSB (ID 1513) and Steaua (ID 57141891) have an ongoing dispute about club history, latest ruling was that FCSB have the club history from 1947-2003, Steaua have it from 1947-1998

So I would recommend they share the same European Team Cup History until 1998, when they diverge

It was a real headache for me to figure all this out in my History Revision file, basically that's what I did - share and duplicate all titles and cup wins until 1998, so they both won the European Cup in 1986 etc.

It's something that's just not reflected in-game because it's an ongoing dispute

Anyway, totally up to you - just thought I'd raise it as a point of interest (if someone can find this kind of thing interesting :lol:)

Edited by Rob 396

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2023 at 19:33, Rob 396 said:

Excellent work again.

One thing to note for ETCH.

FCSB (ID 1513) and Steaua (ID 57141891) have an ongoing dispute about club history, latest ruling was that FCSB have the club history from 1947-2003, Steaua have it from 1947-1998

So I would recommend they share the same European Team Cup History until 1998, when they diverge

It was a real headache for me to figure all this out in my History Revision file, basically that's what I did - share and duplicate all titles and cup wins until 1998, so they both won the European Cup in 1986 etc.

It's something that's just not reflected in-game because it's an ongoing dispute

Anyway, totally up to you - just thought I'd raise it as a point of interest (if someone can find this kind of thing interesting :lol:)

Apologies for the late response. It's a very complicated case, and I don't envy you trying to get your head around it for your file. :lol:

For the time being, I'm going to stick with assigning all records until 2002/2003 to CSA Steaua, and all records from 2003/2004 onwards to FCSB (this seems to be how it's treated in the Romanian competition histories in-game).

I would rather not duplicate entries and have two different teams share the exact same record for a particular year (or years). Likewise, I will only apply Czechoslovakia's competition results to Czechia (but not to Slovakia as well), though this is obviously a very different case.

I love these files. I hope one day there will be an Oceanian (OFC), Asian (AFC) and African (CAF) version of the TCH files too! This just brings FM up to a new level, where I strongly believe this should have already been part of the database of SI and not a community fmf file.