FM24: Liverpool 2.0

Staf9

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO. He is a long way from his prime, and you can't put a pricetag on passion. Plus, you are already 1st in league in January from that screenshot, so let the kid win the title with his hometown club. Don't loan out Gravenberch either.

Set them to fullback on default mentality. You'll concede far less shots on goals. Wingbacks are really only useful when there are no wingers in front of them to provide crosses. The fulllbacks in LFC already got enough PPMs to bomb forward.

On 04/03/2024 at 18:41, basqueliverpool said:

How did you do the global embargo? Do you have a file for it please?

The editor before starting my save 

8 hours ago, meadowsaaron38 said:

Using Bradley as 'Complete Wing Back - Attack'

World Golden Ball

World Under 21 Player of the Year

Happy for the lad. 

1.jpg

Nice, what formation are you using to get that many goals? Gotta be 3 at back and him as proper wing back position right?

• 2 weeks later...

started a new save on the update. finished season 1. 

won the League, Europa and league cup and lost the fa cup final to Chelsea. 

trying to keep the squad together as much as possible. and not over do it on the signings. put a couple of the young lads to the higher side of their PA to give me the chance to develop them. have used Qunsah, bradley, Danns & Clark a bit over the season and will bring Doak and Chambers into the first team for the second season. 

players out in Jan - Jota 75m and Thiago 15m. couldnt turn down the money on offer for both. tried to sell Matip as well but he agreed a free transfer to saudi. 

Players in - Archie Gray 20m, Siemen 12m, Yoro 5m & David Martinez 1.4m, all done in jan to sign in the summer

sales in the summer window so far, Carvalho, VDB, Beck and Andy Robertson (had no plans to sell Robbo but he wouldnt sign a new deal and requested to leave when i refused the first saudi offer. have let him go for 110m which cannot be turned down) Also have agreed with Mo if saudi bid 160m i will agree to a sale. hoping to avoid that as want both him and Virgil for 2-3 seasons if i can

Season one is done.

Won everything.

Endo scored 2 great goals in the Europa league final in a 5-1 win vs Ajax. Scraped a 1-0 win in FA cup vs City who were all over me.

Playing a 433 DM formation. With a 4231 backup.

Bajcetic, Bradley, Doak, Quansah all got plenty of gametime.

Clark, Koumas and Gordon got some time in the cups, and McConnell went on loan. Danns played in cups too but with his max PA he will prolly be a low level prem/good championship striker.

Salah, Virgil, TAA, Diaz, Robertson, Konate, Kelleher, Quansah, Bajcetic and Doak all got new contracts. Salah and Virgil one day 1 of save. Other like Elliot will get new contracts towards end of pre season.

First window Matip went on loan to PSG with a mandatory £17.5m fee. They paid all wages too.

In Jan Thiago went to Chelsea for £14m + £10m after 10 goals.

Arranged transfers of Archie Gray for £15,5m, Assan Ouedraogo for £8.5m and Seimen for £8.75m, all join in season 2.

Start of Pre-season 2.

Training Doak to play Inverted winger support on the left. Gives him a bit more versatility.

Have Chambers and Beck back from loans, hope to play the youth even more/find good loans for them to develop.

Van den Berg got new contract just so i dont lose him for just the £4.3m optional fee in his loan. Hes worth more than that. I can make that just by loaning him out.

Have sold Carvalhao to Wolves for £32.5m, and Philips to Sheff Weds for £14m.

I am looking at Roony Bardghji as Salahs future replacement. An if i buy him now, i can get him homegrown in 3 years. but that will also take me to 7 forward players (AMRL/ST). 

Also tempted to get another CB, but the players im looking at (Silva/Hato) will want regular time, so i may wait a season or 2.

Now to find staff now Ljinders, Krawietz and Matos have gone.

Have turned down a £190m offer for Salah and £109m for Virgil from the Saudis.

Both wanted to talk after i rejected the bids, but they are happy to stay after i reminded them that they are currently team leaders here.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed a season where Liverpool were relegated. 

They had a 9 point deduction due to going into administration and were out the relegation zone a couple of times but their lack of players I think caused tiredness and in the end they went down.

I did take advantage at the start of that season and buy their DM, and after they went down went in and grabbed their RB wonderkid.

Going into their season in the championship the squad still looks a bit threadbare, and with 46 league games coming up, they might struggle again. 

Edit: I am in season 2038 ( I think, not got the game loaded just now).

Edited by fman1
Missed season year

Has anyone been able to hold onto Salah and VVD until they retire? I really want to make them club legends but it seems in every save I’ve done they end up leaving in a year or two under the AI. 

Finally completed season 1 won the League,Fa cup & Europa league lost in the q/f of the league cup used the editor to add Richard Hughes & Michael Edwards in season 2 gonna use a 5-2-2-1 formation 

Edited by glenn28
Made a spelling mistake

How is everybodys youth prospects? The first year they were great but now 3 years in a row it`s just awful! Is it just me or is it the same in your saves?

On 14/03/2024 at 14:04, Staf9 said:

started a new save on the update. finished season 1. 

won the League, Europa and league cup and lost the fa cup final to Chelsea. 

trying to keep the squad together as much as possible. and not over do it on the signings. put a couple of the young lads to the higher side of their PA to give me the chance to develop them. have used Qunsah, bradley, Danns & Clark a bit over the season and will bring Doak and Chambers into the first team for the second season. 

players out in Jan - Jota 75m and Thiago 15m. couldnt turn down the money on offer for both. tried to sell Matip as well but he agreed a free transfer to saudi. 

Players in - Archie Gray 20m, Siemen 12m, Yoro 5m & David Martinez 1.4m, all done in jan to sign in the summer

sales in the summer window so far, Carvalho, VDB, Beck and Andy Robertson (had no plans to sell Robbo but he wouldnt sign a new deal and requested to leave when i refused the first saudi offer. have let him go for 110m which cannot be turned down) Also have agreed with Mo if saudi bid 160m i will agree to a sale. hoping to avoid that as want both him and Virgil for 2-3 seasons if i can

finished season 2 - Won the PL and Fa Cup but lost early in the LC to Brighton and then Spurs knocked me out of the CL in the quarters. i was 3-1 in the first leg and had made all my subs and Alison got injured. down to 10 men with no keeper spurs got it back level. then went onto lose the 2nd leg to 2 late goals after being 1 up. we only lost 1 game in the PL as well. so only 3 loses for the whole season and it still felt a bit meh. 

going into season 3 i'm going to have to make some drastic squad changes if i can. both VVD and MO want to move to saudi teams. have agreed to let them go for 38.5m and 160m. due to selling Robbo for 110m last summer and Gakpo for 70m in jan i had a massive budget of 226m for this summer. ive sold Gravenberch for 60m to Real and with that i've broken my transfer record and bought Bellingham for 273m. its ridiculous money but hes only 22. 

current squad is

GK - Alisson, Kellher, Siemen

RB - Trent, Bradley

LB - Kerkez, Tsimikas, Chambers

CB - VVD, Konate, Gomez, Cubarsi, Yoro & Quansah

Mid - Bellingham, Dom, A Mac, bajcetic, Jones, Elliott, endo, Clark

Forwards - Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Ferguson, Doak, Danns, Darvich, Martinez

I'm planning on selling Tsimikas, endo, clark plus a few reserves (ramsay, Morton) to raise some funds. i dont need to replace VVD as i'm good on numbers but i will have to replace MO. but if i get the full fee for him that should be easy enough. have gotten a couple of promising Regens through in the 2 seasons (AML and a DM) and i've picked up a striker from sunderland who looks a beast for 20m. i would like to move Diaz on but he got annoyed when i offered him out, ive set 120m price on him in the hope of getting a bid and him wanting a move. would like to get Wirtz and Musiala in to replace both

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any success with inverted wingbacks?

Trent never seems to do anything when i use him as iwb support. Yet on wingback support he seems much more involved in the play and getting assists.

20 minutes ago, Siven said:

Trent never seems to do anything when i use him as iwb support. Yet on wingback support he seems much more involved in the play and getting assists.

i've stopped trying to get IWB to work for me. wingback or CWB only 

4 hours ago, Siven said:

Nope, On the only save I did with LFC (only got through one season before giving it up) I had Bradley at RB - He has fantastic speed and if given chances he develops amazingly. And had moved Trent to CM as DLP

as the season is almost over and it looks like we are set for 3rd i've done a few attempts and finally managed to holiday an unemployeed save to get a first season table close enough to reflect where we would be at the end of Klopp's reign. going to start a save from this point. 

just looking opinions now. do we think we would sell Salah & VVD this summer if we got good bids in or are we keeping them? 

in my save the youth intake has given me 1 top quality midfielder so i can try for a more experienced DM option but i will need a bit of a clear out. i reckon to reduce some numbers as i'm going to change my own tactical outlook from a 433 to a 4231. not sure whether to cash in on MO and buy big (Wirtz/Musiala) or go for a bit more of a project player in Gular 

On 30/04/2024 at 16:31, Staf9 said:

as the season is almost over and it looks like we are set for 3rd i've done a few attempts and finally managed to holiday an unemployeed save to get a first season table close enough to reflect where we would be at the end of Klopp's reign. going to start a save from this point. 

just looking opinions now. do we think we would sell Salah & VVD this summer if we got good bids in or are we keeping them? 

in my save the youth intake has given me 1 top quality midfielder so i can try for a more experienced DM option but i will need a bit of a clear out. i reckon to reduce some numbers as i'm going to change my own tactical outlook from a 433 to a 4231. not sure whether to cash in on MO and buy big (Wirtz/Musiala) or go for a bit more of a project player in Gular 

Salah yes, van Dijk no.

17 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

So Saudis come in for VVD in season one for £110 million (£68 mil in hand) i do reject and he go's bananas. Save already ruined cause he turns the whole squad against me :D

:seagull: Yes, I hate the Saudi league. It's kinda ruined the immersion of the game at times. Especially with the silly wages. I love when they bid silly money for my 3rd choice CB or Striker etc though :lol:

2 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

:seagull: Yes, I hate the Saudi league. It's kinda ruined the immersion of the game at times. Especially with the silly wages. I love when they bid silly money for my 3rd choice CB or Striker etc though :lol:

Same with contract extensions, once they sniff around they won't sign a new deal.

Do the saudis or anyone ever come in for Nunez? I dont rate him irl and would like Danns to get his minutes. 

doing a homegrown save and already cashed in on Tsmikas to psg (jan 24), bumped Scanlon up whilst chambers and beck go out on loan. 6 clear of city and arsenal with 10 to play. league cup won, still in europa and fa cup.

doak, gordon, mcconell, quansah, bradly, clark, bajcetic all got good minutes so far. danns, pinnington, koumas, gymiah, nyoni all had debuts and varying minutes. I have put gravenberch and endo back at munich and stutgart via the editor.