[FM24][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

snowofman

2 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Few panels I have been laying out how I like them.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 165210.png

Screenshot 2024-02-06 165119.png

This layout very much reminds me of an old skin I made, can't remember which FM, called Blak. Not sure about the colour scheme but that's just personal preference. Nice work!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/02/2024 at 19:00, Drakestone said:

This layout very much reminds me of an old skin I made, can't remember which FM, called Blak. Not sure about the colour scheme but that's just personal preference. Nice work!

23a56f76cc747d6639e930da171736b1.png

4 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

23a56f76cc747d6639e930da171736b1.png

You could use some clever shadowing effect in order to make it loke more layered, so the title and tab bar look on top of the content box and the content look like its above the sidebar. I think the box in the sidebar with the logo in need aligning correctly as it looks a little wonky as is though. Not huge on the shadowy style boxes for the content.

9 hours ago, Drakestone said:

You could use some clever shadowing effect in order to make it loke more layered, so the title and tab bar look on top of the content box and the content look like its above the sidebar. I think the box in the sidebar with the logo in need aligning correctly as it looks a little wonky as is though. Not huge on the shadowy style boxes for the content.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 095345.png

7 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

Screenshot 2024-02-08 095345.png

Much much better, although i preferred the header as before with the separation between title and tabbar

Edited by Drakestone

As some people may have noticed my playing style is heavily based around adapting to the opposition.

With that in mind I have recently spent time updating the opposition instructions panel, some pretty clear inspiration and graphics from @GIMN fantastic tactic screen here.

image.thumb.png.e94003a172acc9b78081b0e91df4a212.png

8 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Condensed down the tab bar and titlebar into one area. The tab bar is a pain, is there a separate file that you can edit the size of it a bit more.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 225307.png

no idea if you can edit the size of it. But in worse case, can you not just add a empty container at the back and squeeze the tab bar ?

11 minutes ago, snowofman said:

no idea if you can edit the size of it. But in worse case, can you not just add a empty container at the back and squeeze the tab bar ?

Tried that it just shifts the bar along and overlaps with the continue button.

On 08/12/2023 at 18:06, johnwalker said:

Hi Ben, thank you for the feedback. It's probably the only beautiful thing in my skin! :D

I would be lying if I didn't say seeing your contributions metric was the inspiration for this! As I have said before I am not the best skinner and learn from taking stuff from released skins which you will see here. I am also different to most other people in I use the player attributes panel as standard and don't put too much in there. Original plan was to compress the attributes into top middle then have another panel next to personality etc, but I don't know what I would like there. I really liked your passing graph and thought about having that in middle center panel, then moving ability etc to pop right. Also don't really like the default player radars now and thought about adding either a pizza or your fbref style charts (they were where the new metric was), or both, but not sure.

Sidenote - how weird is this players profile (from my beta save). Even though I am not showing xG per shot the metrics perfectly demonstrates this player is a low volume high xG per shot player.

image.thumb.png.99d806206b36874480f46c5a38e4ec84.png

Would love to see this skin. The colours are sublime and the player profile is spot on and not at all cluttered!

1 hour ago, JR866Gunner said:

Would love to see this skin. The colours are sublime and the player profile is spot on and not at all cluttered!

Thank you for the kind feedback.

Outside of a few files that are entirely my own work I will never share anything from my skin.

My skinning involves taking something someone more talented than me ( @GIMN @_Ben_ among others) has created and modifying it for my own personal taste. 

As a side note I previously didn't share screenshots of my skin because it uses others work and I wonder if I should revert back to that as I don't want to upset anyone who's work I have used.

I post for inspiration to show what someone can achieve with no background/expierence in skinning with a bit (lot) of time. 

3 hours ago, johnwalker said:

Outside of a few files that are entirely my own work I will never share anything from my skin.

My skinning involves taking something someone more talented than me ( @GIMN @_Ben_ among others) has created and modifying it for my own personal taste. 

As a side note I previously didn't share screenshots of my skin because it uses others work and I wonder if I should revert back to that as I don't want to upset anyone who's work I have used.

I post for inspiration to show what someone can achieve with no background/expierence in skinning with a bit (lot) of time. 

I think posting picture of what you've done and progress is great and can help inspire others to have a go is what this threads about. As it's for personal use I don't see why anyone would get upset as it's for your own personal use and needs.

Edited by JustHowie

42 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

More screenshots please.  Lots more screenshots!!  That's kind of the point of this whole thread is to show off what you've done - whether that's something utterly unique, reimagining others work, or just showing personal learning.

27 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

I think posting picture of what you've done and progress is great and can help inspire others to have a go is what this threads about. Asking as it's for personal use I don't see why anyone would get upset as it's for your own personal use and needs.

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

More screenshots please.  Lots more screenshots!!  That's kind of the point of this whole thread is to show off what you've done - whether that's something utterly unique, reimagining others work, or just showing personal learning.

Thank you both. I will carry on as before then! :)

Had to rethink the one area header as getting the mtach titlebar to show up was proving very difficult:seagull:

Screenshot 2024-02-23 161229.png

Edited by hyrule_king
change of pic

I've made some very minor changes to certain strings, which turns them into widgets and allows me to double up. This comes off the back of seeing the Team/League widget that comes in the game.

4b743d3552337e1f10ea1dc054a23efc.png

The name is now custom to show all nationalities; the position now shows left and right foot strength as well as media description; the personality label now includes media handling and the wage label now includes an expiry date.

Some changes to the Team View with this, too - namely the appearances and goals widget:

bb87278431253492fe8e08741cf00b5b.png

Edited by _Ben_

29 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I've made some very minor changes to certain strings, which turns them into widgets and allows me to double up. This comes off the back of seeing the Team/League widget that comes in the game.

The name is now custom to show all nationalities; the position now shows left and right foot strength as well as media description; the personality label now includes media handling and the wage label now includes an expiry date.

Some changes to the Team View with this, too - namely the appearances and goals widget:

It's a shame you can't combine the "AT APPS" to be a sliding stat to show assits, clean sheets etc

42 minutes ago, SAMiles said:

It's a shame you can't combine the "AT APPS" to be a sliding stat to show assits, clean sheets etc

The widgets can contain any separate entity that the game stores. Sadly, things like all time clean sheets appear to be formulaic and done through tables and, as such, cannot be isolated!

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Can I please ask what change you've made? The personality/media handling style one interests me in particular! 

13 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Looks really good , very neat and enables more info to be show in a smaller area.

12 hours ago, johnwalker said:

Can I please ask what change you've made? The personality/media handling style one interests me in particular! 

Yeah...

In person properties, the personality section looks like this:

<!--personality-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="PPst" />
			<integer id="width" value="150" />
			<integer id="minimum_width" value="150" />
			<translation id="name" translation_id="251873" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading]" />
			<flags id="customisation_context" value="any" />
			<translation id="category" translation_id="248359" type="use" value="General" />
			<integer id="auto_hide_priority" value="98" />

<record id="widget_info">
				<symbol id="class" value="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" />
				<string id="file" value="widgets/personality widget" />
			</record>

<record id="column_widget_properties">
				<flags id="alignment" value="left,centre_y" />
			</record>
			<record id="column_heading">
				<translation id="text" translation_id="251873" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading]" />
				<translation id="hint" translation_id="330307" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading hint]" />
			</record>
			<record id="search_filter">
				<integer id="id" value="pfpu" />
			</record>
		</record>

You can see where I've changed the widget_info away from personality_label and directed it to that widget. I saw that this was possible on the position one so figured that all would work! You can still use personality_label elsewhere, as seen below, as this only changes the fixed listed items, as would changing the numbers to dots, for example:

1ec0d6f4db7f37a866e329caaee58161.png

The personality widget is really simple:

<container height="60">
	<layout class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="-1,-1" vertical_gap="2" />

<widget class="personality_label" autosize="vertical" font="text" alignment="left,bottom" colour="text">
                    <record id="object_property" get_property="PPst" />
                  </widget>

<container height="60">

<widget class="media_handling_label" autosize="vertical" font="text" style="semi_bold" alignment="left,top" colour="faded text">
                    <record id="object_property" get_property="Pghm" />
                  </widget>

</container>

</container>

I've also amended the hierarchy widget to show both hierarchy and social group. The next idea is to amend the 'Last 5 Games' widget to include goals, assists and conceded in that period. I'll pop up a screenshot once done!

58 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Looks really good , very neat and enables more info to be show in a smaller area.

Entirely my idea! I love the Newgan faces so like to make the rows a bit bigger than default and this means there is wasted space, which I've now found ways to fill!

Edited by _Ben_

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Yeah...

In person properties, the personality section looks like this:

<!--personality-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="PPst" />
			<translation id="name" translation_id="251873" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading]" />
			<translation id="category" translation_id="248359" type="use" value="General" />

</record>

</record>
				<translation id="text" translation_id="251873" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading]" />
				<translation id="hint" translation_id="330307" type="use" value="Personality[COMMENT - person list view column heading hint]" />
			</record>
			</record>
		</record>

You can see where I've changed the widget_info away from personality_label and directed it to that widget. I saw that this was possible on the position one so figured that all would work! You can still use personality_label elsewhere, as seen below, as this only changes the fixed listed items, as would changing the numbers to dots, for example:

1ec0d6f4db7f37a866e329caaee58161.png

The personality widget is really simple:

<container height="60">

<widget class="personality_label" autosize="vertical" font="text" alignment="left,bottom" colour="text">
                    <record id="object_property" get_property="PPst" />
                  </widget>

<container height="60">

<widget class="media_handling_label" autosize="vertical" font="text" style="semi_bold" alignment="left,top" colour="faded text">
                    <record id="object_property" get_property="Pghm" />
                  </widget>

</container>

</container>

I've also amended the hierarchy widget to show both hierarchy and social group. The next idea is to amend the 'Last 5 Games' widget to include goals, assists and conceded in that period. I'll pop up a screenshot once done!

Entirely my idea! I love the Newgan faces so like to make the rows a bit bigger than default and this means there is wasted space, which I've now found ways to fill!

Thank you, will have a play later! 

1 hour ago, johnwalker said:

Thank you, will have a play later! 

I’d thought about taking it a long way but might need to take a step back. I’d thought I could have goals/xG, goals per90/xG per 90 etc for the actual stats. With that - I’d then be able to add in a metric image - such as the 5 dots (20% for each) that I use elsewhere. I think that I need to stop and just take check on how much work this would be!

Like this, but on a bigger scale...

77f2f239a29c29ed2ce3f13ba71ceddb.png

And, so far, on the Player Search panel:

9a99091045974d67d985af911ba627fe.png

What do people think?

Edited by _Ben_

21 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I’d thought about taking it a long way but might need to take a step back. I’d thought I could have goals/xG, goals per90/xG per 90 etc for the actual stats. With that - I’d then be able to add in a metric image - such as the 5 dots (20% for each) that I use elsewhere. I think that I need to stop and just take check on how much work this would be!

What do people think?

It looks good, The position and foot graphic is a really nice addition.

On 25/02/2024 at 16:15, _Ben_ said:

What do people think?

I love it!!
Would this be in certain stats as the ones you mentioned above?

2 hours ago, zois92 said:

I love it!!
Would this be in certain stats as the ones you mentioned above?

Yep. Have a look in my Statman thread and you can see what I’ve done! It’s for every metric I have collated data on within the game, so pretty much every per90 stat. 

Is there any way to have a numbered rank , a bit like the 20 percentile top leagues rank used in some skins to rate stats?

So for example have another column with the ranking vs others in the current league and in europe?

image.thumb.png.657d527d6eab6e453d8f1990bdffbbf0.png

Edited by hyrule_king
change of pic

I think that - within reason - you can put anything into the widgets which now replace the normal stats. Here, I repurposed a stat that I've never seen used (penalties faced) and changed it to mirror the passing metrics I use elsewhere in my skin: gold: chance creation, dark blue: key pass, mid blue: progressive, light grey: boring passes, light blue: incomplete passes.

e596fadc688863843c16d5d234172e7b.png

47 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I think that - within reason - you can put anything into the widgets which now replace the normal stats. Here, I repurposed a stat that I've never seen used (penalties faced) and changed it to mirror the passing metrics I use elsewhere in my skin: gold: chance creation, dark blue: key pass, mid blue: progressive, light grey: boring passes, light blue: incomplete passes.

i used Panalty faced sine last year in my Stats box.

but yes, not many uses that stat.

a.png

48 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i used Panalty faced sine last year in my Stats box.

but yes, not many uses that stat.

a.png

I did this, went out and thought about it whilst driving. I wonder if I can just add another property - changing the ID to whatever I want considering that it then uses a widget I've created, anyway. I guess there is one way to find this out...

EDIT: YES, you can!

<!--test-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="Ptes" />
			<translation id="name" type="use" value="TEST STRING" />

</record>

</record>
				<translation id="text" type="use" value="TEST STRING" />
				<translation id="hint" type="use" value="TEST STRING" />
			</record>
			</record>
		</record>

ff0ef33cbadcc65e4c46254208dbcbcb.png

I have no idea what I will do with this information but you can now create widgets that show anything and assign them to any property within the game.

Edited by _Ben_

15 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Your skin is getting better and better, it's amazing

16 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I did this, went out and thought about it whilst driving. I wonder if I can just add another property - changing the ID to whatever I want considering that it then uses a widget I've created, anyway. I guess there is one way to find this out...

EDIT: YES, you can!

<!--test-->
		<record>
			<integer id="id" value="Ptes" />
			<translation id="name" type="use" value="TEST STRING" />

</record>

</record>
				<translation id="text" type="use" value="TEST STRING" />
				<translation id="hint" type="use" value="TEST STRING" />
			</record>
			</record>
		</record>

ff0ef33cbadcc65e4c46254208dbcbcb.png

I have no idea what I will do with this information but you can now create widgets that show anything and assign them to any property within the game.

So could you use them to combine different stats?

59 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Need to create a similar class tab set to the one above like snowofman , with different position stats.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 122359.png

You are free to take mine and change it to how you feel :)

1 hour ago, hyrule_king said:

So could you use them to combine different stats?

No. You can do something like this:

b684891fd4db7242966b0b44a6fca9a1.png

Where I've added together total values and displayed in a different way - in this case, in bar charts. But, as far as I know, you cannot take 10 goals + 10 assists and have it represented as 20 goal contributions. 

Before adding that contribution widget, I toyed with the idea of making small attribute analyers, but I think they're too small!

045bd521768cef208e034b899e14df05.png

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

You are free to take mine and change it to how you feel :)

Thank you.

EDIT: Added to skin , will edit the stats I want at some point. Edited attributes panel to a graphical bar, credit to @TCSSkin for the graphics.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 155846.png

Edited by hyrule_king
add pic

34 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

No. You can do something like this:

b684891fd4db7242966b0b44a6fca9a1.png

Where I've added together total values and displayed in a different way - in this case, in bar charts. But, as far as I know, you cannot take 10 goals + 10 assists and have it represented as 20 goal contributions. 

Before adding that contribution widget, I toyed with the idea of making small attribute analyers, but I think they're too small!

045bd521768cef208e034b899e14df05.png

Amazing Work. How some peoples minds work is beyond me. :)