The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the update coming along and me just a few games into the save, I'm going to restart, still in England though. Will see if Folkestone pops up again or if any other team tempt me first.

4 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

@XaW Those grey GRs are going to be the best in the league :brock::lol:

I have my doubts! :p

S207YF1.png

This is all I got, so I just gotta hold on until the intake, because I think I'm guaranteed at least one goalkeeper then, however bad! :onmehead:

12 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

I have my doubts! :p

S207YF1.png

This is all I got, so I just gotta hold on until the intake, because I think I'm guaranteed at least one goalkeeper then, however bad! :onmehead:

Yikes 

Now imagine that but you cant play them until they turn 17.

I need to read the rules :lol:

5 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Yikes 

Now imagine that but you cant play them until they turn 17.

I need to read the rules :lol:

Nah, I can. I know the English rules well! :D 

On 04/04/2024 at 13:54, Skora11 said:

I have started one with FC United of Manchester. Decent enough first season without being spectacular, finished mid table after going 8 games without a win to start the campaign (lack of a goalie really costing me as would have been 4th based on xG table).

Made a better start to season 2 and in the play-off positions after 10 games. Will post a more detailed update when I get the chance. 

Second season petered out after a dismal end to the season. Was only playing with a few players and not rotating the team enough and think this caught up. My 3 best players all refused to sign new deals and I didn't think about the 2 year option you can offer (along with the max 2 year deals at part time level) and have seriously struggled season 3. Poor GK's in each intake - almost as bad as my greyed out options, along with a poor defense meant it was impossible to stop conceding goals.

Third season looks like it could be game over, although got a great youth intake preview which has kept me going trying to fight to stay up. If this fails I am going to re-start the challenge with FC United of Manchester and learn from the mistake I have made in this attempt.

Good evening, I'm the manager of Guiseley who arrived in the National League. Before making any mistakes I would like to ask you something.
I asked for advice on whether it would be better to loan players in categories below the north/south since they aren't playable leagues and they told me that I can't loan anyone in this challenge. Do you confirm?

18 minutes ago, Stekalo said:

Good evening, I'm the manager of Guiseley who arrived in the National League. Before making any mistakes I would like to ask you something.
I asked for advice on whether it would be better to loan players in categories below the north/south since they aren't playable leagues and they told me that I can't loan anyone in this challenge. Do you confirm?

You can loan OUT players as much as you want, but not IN, to be clear.

Started this challenge with Energie Cottbus and somehow managed to win the league first season, gave plenty of minutes to young players too:

16 year old left back 27(7)

16 year old striker 4

16 year old right back 6 (17)

16 year old central midfielder 7(21)

16 year old central midfielder 8(19)

16 year old centre back 4

19 year old AMC 8(15)

21 GK 35

So this is very annoying and doesn't seem very fair :D

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

44 minutos atrás, Mahzun_Savas disse:

I have travelled to Spain to take on the challenge of turning Club Deportivo Roda into the greatest club in the world.

I belive they are a sort of B Team from Villareal :(

Print.PNG.837ca5483454b65e084f5c7edfc54ae4.PNG

21 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

I belive they are a sort of B Team from Villareal :(

Print.PNG.837ca5483454b65e084f5c7edfc54ae4.PNG

They are affiliated with Villarreal but they are not their B team. They are a separate team. Lots of teams have affiliate agreements. 

3 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

They are affiliated with Villarreal but they are not their B team. They are a separate team. Lots of teams have affiliate agreements. 

That might be true, but look at the affiliate info "The terms of this deal will prevent Roda from playing in the same division as Villarreal". So you cannot get to the top tier...

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

That might be true, but look at the affiliate info "The terms of this deal will prevent Roda from playing in the same division as Villarreal". So you cannot get to the top tier...

Doesn't the affiliate agreement end if Roda gets to the top division? 

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

I had this with my FC Chiasso save in Switzerland I'm sure and the link was removed when I won promotion.

1 minute ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

Doesn't the affiliate agreement end if Roda gets to the top division? 

Just now, Neo_Geo said:

I had this with my FC Chiasso save in Switzerland I'm sure and the link was removed when I won promotion.

Nah, that only happens if the link is:

image.png.df37f8f23296c163005367ee0cba3e3f.png

"Playing in the same division will terminate the link between (...)"

Those teams are fine, the ones that prohibit the other teams will not be cancelled as they are for all intents and purposes a B-team, just like this:

JDp3Ggr.png

Just now, Mahzun_Savas said:

Okay I will find another team.

I would advise you to. There have been people in here who have missed this before and suddenly had to stop when they are stopped from going into the top tier... Not a good time.

image.png.6eff7158711128b52282c366c4f39c33.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Season 29 - Japan J1 League - Mid Season Review & Youth Intake Preview

League so far

We decided to go for a new strategy in starting a 'sub 11' before the important champions league games, that combined with me being a few games behind left my board and fan confidence at a C- level for the first time in the entire save. Some were even calling some of my games 'must win'.

image.thumb.png.ca53bfc23150ea405a015eb161dea210.png

Champions League

The entire competition was insane!

Second Round

We started with a 8-6 aggregate win against Sydney FC. We were a comfortable 4-1 up in the home leg, and though the second leg would be easy enough. How wrong we were. We did pull through, but stopped playing at half time. Luckily when Sydney came back we kept scoring just minutes after them.

image.thumb.png.78ee5271e53a76168f9b02c83aae2997.png

Quarters

Finally we did not draw Shimizu in the quarters. Instead we got Yokohama F-M

Another crazy scoreline winning on aggregate 8-3. Takayuki Ohara (YP25B) being the star of the show once again to lead us to victory.

image.thumb.png.5a55f893bdf886148ac30e18d818e056.png

Semi Finals

We got Bejing in the semi finals. A team we had beaten many times before in the group stages. In the first leg it was a close game but Naoto Sakai (YP23A) had a poor game.

Again we played much better in the Home Leg and to my utter surprise.......to be continued

image.thumb.png.b9b8842d625fbe1bfc793ac88b4569f7.png

Logo_Campobasso_FC_2023-2024.png.9d0f87599c4329b21f32e4c2e9b56a13.png

Campobasso F.C.
Season review
Season 4 | 2027/2028
Serie B

Transfers | Afiliates | Facilities | Manager Profile | Competitions overview

Another good season! After our great campaign last year(5th place), this season we finished 7th. With 1 more point then last season. In the promotion playoffs we lost against Genoa in the first round. But I don't really mind, as promotion would be way too soon.
I decided to give some youngsters a chance in the first team, and that turned out to be a good decision. Some of them are developing nicely.
In the Coppa Italia we lost in the First Round against Udinese, the same team as we lost against last season.

xAWWHNk.png
7sfAOOP.png
BJMDguy.png

aEz2AQO.png

Our best player was again our Academy product Andrea Righi 24i. He scored 13 league goals for us, 6 assists and he had the highest average rating.
But also a shoutout to
Valerio De Prisco 26h, who came into the team around January or Februariy due to some injuries. But he played really well and I don't see any reason to put him back in our U20 squad.
Looking at some more Academy players:
Luca Cerullo 26f scored 8 league goals and is a first team player
Giorgio Gasparoni 24b played almost every match as one of our DC's
Matteo Giovannini 25b played a lot of matches on the MC position, scoring 3 goals
Marco Di Carlo 27e played almost every match as MC, producing 4 goals and 2 assists. Most goals came from a direct free kick. I'm a bit worried though about his determination. After one full season he didn't progress much.
And last but not least Manuel Marconcini 27d, who came in the team as a DR. He's a natural DL, but has a fairly strong right foot. So I decided to re-train him as a DR. He's doing a really good job, producing 5 assists, and is developing into a good player for us.
SpsR9w4h.png

Youth preview & intake
Another good intake this year! The preview showed no less then 5 A's. The intake gave us 8 Elite Talents. Some of then look really talented!
QG5NwAp.png

0479aKZ.png

yY6D6Xh.png

9o3RiC1.png

Spoiler

g8WANtS.png4WersuU.pngG3er4ep.pngvSfzxM0.pngndzou0H.pngCVyu5ft.pngdKltlOZ.pngihGH0jr.png

Facility upgrades
We managed to upgrade our Youth Recruitment again, so it's now labelled as Excellent.
But a big dissapointment was the message right after the season, that our Youth Facilities have been downgraded :( They are now Below Average. And we don't have the money to upgrade it again soon.
tGa2A62.png

H1I5Dpw.png

Career progress

jPGqgLi.png

C.F. Badalona Midseason Report

A remarkable start

Segunda Federacion - Group III

I was expecting a tough time meeting expectations of getting a playoff spot although the season preview had us 6th. However things went extremely well at the start with 8 wins in a row to put us top where we have stayed until half way through the season. 

The squad has quality but seemed a little thin with 15/16 year old players filling out the squad. However 16 year old Jofre Fabrega has held down the CAM position and played very well. Another 16 year old, Oscar, has held down the CM position with equally good performances.  

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I have been wanting to try Marine for a while and I noticed @XaWhad also started with them.  I therefore sought approval from the man himself before starting as I don't wish to step on anyone's toes.

Club Introduction

Marine

Marine A.F.C. - Wikipedia 

The Manager

This is me.

hjhcmFa.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025         £750 p/w          £600 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    1    1    3    1    5    1    1    1    1    1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Average          Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    Carabao Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Some matches, you are just not meant to win... Yes, that's 4(!) goals called for offside!

upvzTVy.png

Youth Candidates

Season 2024/25

Marine

The preview was rather good, I must say:

J7pvrgg.png

I am rather pleased with the intake, with some good players arriving with decent potential.

hxDO1dM.png

x97bVG3.png

u1nkt67.png

5WUSdFj.png

8fTESjM.png

oVtoQqf.png

Edited by DazRTaylor

31 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I can't beat you - You have already gone up!  We were well placed though have to settle for the playoffs.

Next crazy Idea. FM YAC Battles haha 😀 Pick a team, select your opponent from the forums and race to the top 😜 

Békéscsabai Előre FC - Season4 (2027/28)

Bekescsaba-Elore.png.e29462bda2d31aae9ebeed8ee116717f.png

Season results:

I was a bit afraid of our first season in the first division and it did not start well with 2 draws and 2 losses (+ no wins in the pre-season friendlies), but then the team woke up with a 9-match unbeaten run and the youngsters started to believe in themselves. We did not stop until the 3rd place for the winter break and even reached the 2nd place with 3 wins after the break. But then we lost a lot of stability in midfield with the injury of Kuzma (I did know that he is a good player, but maybe underestimated his importance and impact) and a 5-match streak without a win dropped us back to 5th place. We made a rhapsodic finish, and still had a chance in the last round for a UEFA Conference League position, but it wasn't to be this time (we should win away against champions Ferencváros and hope for Újpest to lose at home against mid-table team Nyíregyháza). Anyway, I am happy with the 5th place in a season we were expected to be relegated.

In cup we weren't really successful, but tbh it wasn't a good draw: Győr was the hardest pick from the second division (promoted by the end of season).

Spoiler

S4_season_end_data.png.4a86c3a8813923c067be8d2bae91e7b9.png

S4_league.png.5dbbf09e5fe716219a311e0b7fd14607.png

S4_cup.thumb.png.42189c3d424e35a619d12876e914f1ab.png

Transfers:

There were no 'player in' movements, of course. Some of the not used youngsters went on loan, and we managed to sell one of the talents (Ádám Németh from class 2026) who was not in the best 3 in his position and really wanted to leave. It was not the first offer I accepted, but maybe could ask for higher fee for him.

Spoiler

S4_transfers.thumb.png.7c583bca50f599a3bdf69dd8be56ef20.png

Key players:

Boldizsár Borbély was our top goalscorer again with 20 total in the season, he also won the league's Top Goalscorer award (with 19 goals in league).

This season we had no average ratings above 7.0, the 4 best players who made at least 6.9 were the striker Borbély (20 goals, 1 assist), the right winger Máris (5 goals, 8 assists), the centerback Fazekas (3 goals, 1 assist) and the midfielder Váradi (7 goals, 8 assists).

From our home grown players I can highlight Mag (class 2026) again who growth to be my first-choice left-winger, but I found for him a competitor in János Batik (class 2027) who was a great sub in the season finish. I am really proud of the development of centerback Krisztián Katona (class 2026) who had to step in as regular starter when all originated centerbacks left except Fazekas, and he shows a decent performance (6.73 last and 6.69 this season). My striker Zalán Horváth (class 2027) played really good as sub and scored 3 goals.

Spoiler

S4_squad.thumb.png.9817c6e9c9cd459f2f58131d3a5805e6.png

S4_squad_stats.png.d440b84917dd3fc333ffe6b5381ae14d.png

Youth intake:

We had a really good preview, especially on defensive front, and it was right... The club received 5 elite talents (it was 6 originally, but Tamás Németh was later re-evaluated as Top talent). However, I am not so happy about the personalities this time.

My favorites are Ronald Juhász (GK) and József Boér (DMC) from different reasons:

• Juhász is a good to have talented keeper, since it seems our current first-choice goalie Czinanó does not want to renew his contract. Our backup, Grünvald (class 2025) was promising occasionally, but I am afraid that he won't be the level we need. Let's see how the season starts...  but it is a comforting thought that we have a talent on the bench.
  • In the previous intakes we lacked elite talents for the midfield, so I am happy with Boér. And also, he seems to be the most promising from the current set of new players.
Spoiler

S4_youth_preview_1.png.bf71e8c34d3dc49bcb132c1aa3880b5d.png

S4_youth_preview_2.png.12d07eed7a69d79d5c451cf9602d65e7.png

S4_youthintake_1.png.38703e4f34dceb50628f9b567289be69.png

S4_youthintake_2.png.b5b1d06f56546f8f7f408cf5f6eefd52.png

S4_youthintake_3.png.9421b9d1c8aa4f6873d49bd63e26fb1a.png

S4_youth_candidates.thumb.png.ad5c713f1740816200f409b74db0e74d.png

S4_youth_personalities.png.f54dbaa13c7faf0d5e4127867a894743.png

S4_y01_Attila_Szucs.thumb.png.6888edeaf06955883ccfb4270d22710b.png

S4_y02_Jozsef_Boer.thumb.png.f390cbb530a0a66ea23ae6afb9823823.png

S4_y03_Peter_Balo.thumb.png.c98b97185d65874252d9962574229adb.png

S4_y04_Csaba_Zsiga.thumb.png.c337a01193e26a33d94632777feec226.png

S4_y05_Ronald_Juhasz.thumb.png.aae2b2d63991d9f9611b696a3cb092e5.png

Club progress:

The first season was a good starting point in Division 1, but I am a little sad about the missed opportunity for the international football. We would need the money for the facilities which I could not upgrade this season.

Spoiler

S4_progress.png.db093c840704a76782c7421f2c8b0ad3.png

S4_facilities.png.f8008cfd79f7317f632a26b81f5e0c38.png

The board expects us to fight against relegation, but I want to target the international spots to inject some finances into the club. But it will be a rough challenge, since 2 of my key players - right wing Máris and keeper Czinanó - will leave by the end of the season. But I have faith in my youngsters... :)

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

Marine

Thoughts On The Season

An excellent first season where we just miss out on top spot.  The less said about the playoffs the better.  With two teams getting over 100 points and the top five all getting 89 or more, it is safe to say it was very competitive this year.

League Table - League Fixtures 1 - League Fixtures 2

Promotion Playoffs

F. A. Cup - F. A. Trophy

Squad

Jordan Lussey - Louis White - Nick Hutton

Transfers In - Transfers Out

Youth Candidates

Neil Stern YP25A1 - Scott Jones YP25E5 - George Williams YP25K11

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025         £750 p/w          £600 p/w
2024/25          30 March 2025             30 June 2026         £800 p/w ↑        £625 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    1    1    3    1    5    1    1    1    1    1
2024/25    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑  6 ↑  3 ↑  1 =  1 =  1 =  6 ↑  7 ↑  6 ↑  2 ↑  3 =  1 =  6 ↑  5 ↑  5 ↑  7 ↑  6 ↑  6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Average          Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2024/25    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Basic =               Adequate ↑↑      Average ↑↑         Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25      55        35        9       11         132              76                 +56              63.64%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2024/25          55        35        9       11         132              76                 +56              63.64%             314 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    Carabao Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        3rd       Fourth Qualifying Round         N/a            Lost in promotion playoff final.  F. A. Trophy fifth round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
2024/25    Scott Jones YP25E5                        4

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2024/25    No one                                        0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    Scott Jones YP25E5                            2

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    No one                                            0

Edited by DazRTaylor

C.F. Badalona End of Season Report and Youth Intake Review

Stumbling we made it

Segunda Federacion - Group III

The second half of the season did not go nearly as well as the first half of season, there was no great start and we gave up our lead. However no team really wanted to take control of the league. So we 3 games to go we were 2nd 2 points behind Poblense. We were playing them in the third last round of the season so everything was in our hands. Win the last 3 games of the season and we would be champions. Things looked great when we battered Poblense being 5-0 before they scored 3 meaningless late goals. So top we went. The second last game of the season was against Atletico Levante and things looked great when we lead 2-0 in the second half but we blew the lead to draw 2-2. I was certain we would not be winning the league now however to my amazement we were still top. Poblense had lost their game against bottom half opponents. 

So going into the last game of the season we needed to win against relegation bound Imperial. We started off well to be up 2-0 inside 20 minutes but Imperial still had some chances. However the second half we quickly added 2 more goals then a little while later a 5th goal. We were going to be champions. Imperial got a late goal which changed nothing. 

We had many good players but the main star was right winger Toni Larrosa who scored 14 goals and had 11 assists with an average rating of 7.3

Youth Intake

The preview was quite decent with 2 A ratings so I was hopefully of a good intake

And when the Youth intake came itself it was good although I was greedily hoping for more

2 hours ago, glennuk said:

Next crazy Idea. FM YAC Battles haha 😀 Pick a team, select your opponent from the forums and race to the top 😜 

Please no. I will defo have a journeyman record if we do this :lol:

3 hours ago, glennuk said:

This was a thing. There was Wallace vs Roberts when Dafuge ruled these CSE lands...

@Padders you needing a new pair of undies after the last game of the season :lol:

That must have been some relief but your squad does look a little threadbare for PL.....good luck for season 94

20 hours ago, glennuk said:

image.png.6eff7158711128b52282c366c4f39c33.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Season 29 - Japan J1 League - Mid Season Review & Youth Intake Preview

Champions League - Semi Finals - 2nd leg!

We pulled through from 4-1 down to win 5-4. Look at the xG!!! Two players with a 10.0 rating too!!

image.thumb.png.6ee254b34aba5cb0e7803467ab9eaf2f.png

Champions League Final - 1st leg

A tough game against Al Hilal in the first leg, they were deserved winners, but we definitely deserved the late goal, as 2nd half was much closer as a game.

image.thumb.png.023110459187fc26a670efd30f19ddd0.png

Champions League Final - 2nd Leg

In a continued INSANE tournament, we had an AMAZING performance in the home leg. BUT it was just too little too late!

image.thumb.png.bd082f36cd9eb1570fb8f521bdf6f8dd.png

Disappointment BUT It does explain a little bit when their best player looks like this.

image.thumb.png.af36480a8d2bdf77250af63f2966acd5.png

image.thumb.png.fc8ef670a1a13997141cb420c8d9fb13.png

Other News - Another Super Cup Win

Again not important, but nice for the trophy cabinet

Youth Intake Preview

We changed our HOYD again and the preview does look a little better than the last few.

image.thumb.png.33e377ff8294cda0b65f3e7402d9cccd.png

So close! Better luck next time 🤞

4 hours ago, Padders said:

Hungerford_Town_F.C._logo.png

Season 93 - 2115/16 - PL

We managed to stay up, by winning the last game of the season 4-1 away at Leeds, staying up by 1 point

We really aren't a good side and have a lot of players who are not good enough for PL level

image.png.f4c920b22bf4cbfc27819304cb445e39.png

20240407201824_1.thumb.jpg.13755c0dab8379ae6962a32b0d3fa8b7.jpg20240407191602_1.thumb.jpg.e8dfdd3761bd68a50ed0380bb0882aa9.jpg20240407191613_1.thumb.jpg.e72aa210552949534691ec8c8fd62514.jpg20240407201805_1.thumb.jpg.06d526caea60a4c02d0decf44f2febe8.jpg20240407201817_1.thumb.jpg.70fc10b97b54b0f605ea1135ea0454fc.jpg

image.thumb.png.e6b4739a61f623dec9fc2ae97f24f2a1.png

thats what you call a great escape! 

image.jpeg.5c0066c8e8464fec702a62e5a85b875f.jpeg

Season 9 - 2032/33 - Macclesfield FC - VNL

After just missing playoffs last year, I wanted to improve on that and challenge for promotion. We started off well but Maidstone started off better winning their first 12 games and put a sizeable gap to the rest of us. That remained for the majority of the season until with 11 games to go, they started dropping points and with 3 games to go we had caught them and sat first on goal difference. We played against Eastleigh away and didnt really turn up and lost 2 - 1 with Maidstone winning which put us 3 points behind. We both won our next game meaning they would need to lose away to lowly Chelmsford and we were home against Rochdale. Maidstone copped a 96th minute goal to lose, however we also crumbled at home losing 3 - 1. 

The semi final was at home against Leyton Orient who we had drawn and won during the season. We undeservedly went behind just before half time but fortunately we equalised before halftime. Second half we blew them away winning the game 4 - 1. That gave us my first trip to Wembley and with only Sutton Utd in between us and league football. We had beat them twice in the league so we went into the final with the mental advantage. Both teams had chances but we made the most of ours and won the game 3 - 1 with two goals in 3 minutes in the second half which gave us a comfortable lead.  

Screenshot2024-04-12125925.thumb.png.d9465ed10e065c2a4ce5073192558ffe.png

Promotion has come at a really good time as there's lots of Premier League teams and others in higher divisions sniffing around our talent so hopefully I can keep them away for a little while. 

After promotions, the obligatory conversation occurred on turning professional but we also needed to install a grass pitch as part of the league rules next year. That's how well Im going thinking we had been playing on grass already?!?!  That set us back a little but we still made a profit this year and also got 50% of Jevaun Morgan's transfer from Lincoln to Oxford which was 77k.   Another lovely surprise after gaining promotion was Robbie Savage approaching me and asking if I would like to improve our Youth Level to take us to a Level 2 setup. 

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-04-10074323.thumb.png.dd878156cedf4017aed37cf2b0543e82.pngScreenshot2024-04-10074956.thumb.png.339aecd522834bb287057154e150dcff.pngScreenshot2024-04-09084901.thumb.png.e5b9adecb79f3cb467968120e66142fa.pngScreenshot2024-04-10075023.thumb.png.282bd79447d7b80240d90bedcdd54d66.png

Youth Preview

This again might be due to last year's change of HOYD but I wont be keeping him around if this is what he's promising.

Screenshot2024-04-09162154.thumb.png.48527c7fc89da5a28508e6feac015928.png

Youth Intake

I forgot to take a snapshot of the whole intake, but as you can see only two players worth noting. Both of them light hearted isnt strange.

Screenshot2024-04-09232002.thumb.png.a8960b2a3f9e22b6d24e73024b9095c2.png

Leighton Dorney 33A is probably the best prospect. Good physicals and good front three technicals in dribbling, finishing and first touch. 

Screenshot2024-04-12104035.thumb.png.f1a8f6fdd7d084b0f6ec313fc9a9e70c.png

Martin O'Neill 33B is the other player that might have a future. Pacy, flairy with good technique and passing gives him the attributes that might make him exciting, but we'll see if he develops further. 

Screenshot2024-04-12104046.thumb.png.7aae696adbf7e191b93f1b470ef62d8b.png

Edited by SkiIIs