FM24

Kloppy

35 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I was a developer, I'd make the minimum effort with how the skin looks as almost everyone downloads a new one within a week anyway. 

Yeah, that is if you are lucky enough to have other people to make your product look better for free.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, nb9 said:

This is absolute nonsense. It is objectively more difficult to achieve anything in the game if you are playing defensive systems.

You can build clubs over years playing a defensive system buying players tailored to that way of playing, then switch to the standard boring gegenpress attacking style with no effort and get much better results. Over and over again.

Go and look in the custom tactics forum just for starters, almost all the most successful tactics play the same way regardless of perssonel. To suggest it's to do with not having the right players is disingenious. 

The match engine needs to encourage more variety in playstyle, that is a fact.

No, that is your opinion. Most teams nowadays play gegenpressing. Look at how Turkey destroyed Croatia. Kovacic, Modric, Brozovic midfield was being overrun. Sitting back and hoping you don't concede is objectively harder to achieve IRL and in game. But it is doable.

Also custom tactics forum (i presume the downloads forum) is full of exploity tactics. That is why they all play the same way. Overlap, pass ball into space, high pressing, high defense etc etc

6 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

No, that is your opinion. Most teams nowadays play gegenpressing. Look at how Turkey destroyed Croatia. Kovacic, Modric, Brozovic midfield was being overrun. Sitting back and hoping you don't concede is objectively harder to achieve IRL and in game. But it is doable.

Also custom tactics forum (i presume the downloads forum) is full of exploity tactics. That is why they all play the same way. Overlap, pass ball into space, high pressing, high defense etc etc

At the top level yeah. But your last sentence just proves my point. 

The match engine is not balanced & it doesn't encourage playing a way that suits your players strengths nor encourage different systems.

The best feature they could do is make the game actually interesting again to find your niche. Instead, everything evolves into gegenpress. It's just boring.

Of course you COULD make it work playing anyway, but you could spent 10 seasons perfecting the perfect formation, and then switch to the bog standard meta & outperform your perfected tactic playing a different way considerably. That's wrong.

Edited by nb9

59 minutes ago, nb9 said:

This is absolute nonsense. It is objectively more difficult to achieve anything in the game if you are playing defensive systems.

You can build clubs over years playing a defensive system buying players tailored to that way of playing, then switch to the standard boring gegenpress attacking style with no effort and get much better results. Over and over again.

Go and look in the custom tactics forum just for starters, almost all the most successful tactics play the same way regardless of perssonel. To suggest it's to do with not having the right players is disingenious. 

The match engine needs to encourage more variety in playstyle, that is a fact.

This changed in FM23.

Yay, another year of having to put up with this for manager avatar creation 🙄🙄🙄 (I rate Zealand's silly face expression though)

image.png.f7f68127163634c804daf376ba445691.pngimage.png.5cd5e417acb11c442644eb1b9d9c4804.png

I made a feature request three years ago (back in November 2020!) asking for the GUI for assigning the 11 yellow dots to use the screen real estate better, because (especially on a 1440p monitor) the face canvas is tiny and the dots are very hard to get where you want them to be. The yellow dot for the middle of the eyes being just one pixel out of alignment has made many a manager avatar I've created look horrible for instance. Just look at all that unused screen space!!

I cannot emphasise enough how relieved and overjoyed I will be if (or when?) the Unity engine overhaul for FM25 will consign this manager avatar creator to the rubbish bin. 😂

image.png.85b3bc9ef57959fce8893b55aa88d4

36 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

This changed in FM23.

It did. And then it changed back mid-release. As someone who was using Ultra-defensive until the New Year and then started getting battered unless I moved back to positive I can attest.

7 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

I didn't mean a change in terms of functionality. I meant in terms of how it looks.

Why do you mean people who make skins are adding for example grass texture to the field or why they are adding player images next to play position icons. Because it is starting to be monotone.

In terms of functionality, it is fine, but it is like seeing the same software for years now. Imagine playing 5 sequels of some other game and the menus, aesthetics, and graphics are exactly the same. Of course, it would become boring. They were changing it before so it is not just changing it for the sake of change. Sometimes after 5 years, the game must look fresh without relying on a skinning forum.

9Oz5mfJ.png.27a6b9f43779574d0524ea96b38f8232.png

b5kTTru.png.b2542bbc59386db39f0bc7611d341f47.png

tWnDeIq.png.d002d775182ebe05a7ab48900a23ec98.png

Not many games allow you to go in and change the look of a game . Skinning us a great way to have different variations if the same screen . Im happy with the way it is but if I wasn't I could try to change it myself by skinning it . This might change a bit from FM25 onwards where I'm hoping you will be able to use different variations of the same screen