(FM23+) Eigenschaften Zwei: die Zukunft ist unsere Energie

Deisler26

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with Energie Cottbus. I remember them from their better days and always liked the name.

Hope you can point them back in the right direction whilst sticking to your philosophies. Had hoped they may resurface when I was at Stuttgart, but they never really did much.

popup(1).png.5827b0de78a26eedc3e92ce017fbef48.png

PuertoContador(2).png.3726be8ddf7175cebf0187dbe43db76c.png

Kaspar Eichel, a dynamic and forward-thinking football manager, has emerged as a beacon of hope for FC Energie Cottbus, a 3.Bundesliga football club seeking a revival. At the age of 48, Eichel takes on his first management job, armed with a passionate belief in the power of integrating youth players into the first team. With a relentless dedication to nurturing talent, Eichel's leadership promises to breathe new life into the club, while creating a sustainable pathway for young players to thrive and succeed.

Early Years and Playing Career:

Born on November 15, 1978, in Ravensburg, Germany, Eichel grew up with a deep passion for football. From an early age, he displayed exceptional skills on the pitch, impressing both teammates and coaches with his technical ability and tactical acumen. His love for the game eventually led him to pursue a professional playing career.

Eichel began his journey as a midfielder in the youth ranks of SC Freiburg, where he showcased his potential as a leader. His remarkable work ethic and strategic thinking saw him rise through the ranks swiftly. However, a serious knee injury cut his playing career short at the age of 22.

Transition to Coaching:

Undeterred by the setback, Eichel immediately turned his focus towards coaching. He recognized that his true calling lay in nurturing young talents and shaping them into future stars. Equipped with a wealth of experience gained during his playing days, he embarked on a journey to acquire coaching licenses and expand his knowledge of the game.

Eichel's unwavering commitment and meticulous approach soon garnered attention from various clubs in Germany. He started by working with the youth teams at FC Augsburg, where he instilled a philosophy of holistic player development, emphasizing technical skills, tactical awareness, and mental strength. His innovative training methods and ability to connect with young players earned him a reputation as a rising coaching prodigy.

Integration of Youth Players:

In 2027, FC Energie Cottbus, a club struggling to find its footing, recognized the immense potential in Kaspar Eichel's vision. Impressed by his track record of developing young talents, they appointed him as their first-team manager, entrusting him with the task of reviving the club's fortunes while integrating youth players into the squad.

Eichel wasted no time implementing his philosophy at FC Energie Cottbus. He established a comprehensive youth development program, creating a seamless pathway for promising talents to progress from the academy to the first team. His emphasis on technical proficiency, tactical intelligence, and a strong team ethos became the foundation for success.

Under Eichel's guidance, the club's training facilities underwent a transformation, with cutting-edge equipment and state-of-the-art analysis tools implemented. He recruited a team of experienced coaches who shared his passion for youth development, working collectively to shape the next generation of football stars.

(Except from Bild.de report on new signing)

Edited by Deisler26

On 01/07/2023 at 07:45, karanhsingh said:

Nice to see the first FM23+ save - good luck with this!

On 01/07/2023 at 11:13, Carambau said:

Great start! Somehow funny name though :) 

On 01/07/2023 at 12:29, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck with Energie Cottbus. I remember them from their better days and always liked the name.

Hope you can point them back in the right direction whilst sticking to your philosophies. Had hoped they may resurface when I was at Stuttgart, but they never really did much.

Thanks guys! 

On 30/06/2023 at 23:41, Deisler26 said:

Most importantly, we will be playing this save into FM24 and starting in 2027, as the worst thing about playing FM is the first few seasons.

I totally agree with you that the first few seasons in any save are awful and I really don't enjoy it, but is starting in 2027 going to make any difference? It will still be the first few seasons of the save. It will just be delayed. Yeah there will be some Newgens, but it's still a new start with lots of established names knocking about. 

Or is the idea also to give you a starting pool of Academy products to work with? (Which makes complete sense actually, especially considering the rules in Germany). When I played my Regensburg save, (and my therapist says that I should feel proud that I am now able to type that word here), I seriously under-estimated the difficulty level of getting a Youth Only save started in Germany. 

I like the idea of this and will be following. :thup:

I remember watching Energie on tv as a little kid many years ago (2001-2003, I believe), even had a jersey, used to wear it on p.e. classes at school while my classmates had jerseys of Figo, Beckham or Rivaldo :lol: also played them in FIFA 2001 on PS1. Good luck, I'll be following for sure.

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I totally agree with you that the first few seasons in any save are awful and I really don't enjoy it, but is starting in 2027 going to make any difference? It will still be the first few seasons of the save. It will just be delayed. Yeah there will be some Newgens, but it's still a new start with lots of established names knocking about. 

Or is the idea also to give you a starting pool of Academy products to work with? (Which makes complete sense actually, especially considering the rules in Germany). When I played my Regensburg save, (and my therapist says that I should feel proud that I am now able to type that word here), I seriously under-estimated the difficulty level of getting a Youth Only save started in Germany. 

I like the idea of this and will be following. :thup:

This. It gives me a few seasons of at least a few yutes to work with off the current roster

1 hour ago, Hanys said:

I remember watching Energie on tv as a little kid many years ago (2001-2003, I believe), even had a jersey, used to wear it on p.e. classes at school while my classmates had jerseys of Figo, Beckham or Rivaldo :lol: also played them in FIFA 2001 on PS1. Good luck, I'll be following for sure.

I hope to do them proud then!

popup(1).png.55f00fa6a50aaadb41dd321d791d5250.png

Team Overview

Goalkeepers
337fc5416314a0b6b40833ee30879968.png

Well, we have a long time signing in goal it seems. A reasonable contract and three year deal means we have at least some lead in time to get a decent prospect in. Jung is just fodder, it seems

Defenders
ed228695539f283102c13779c77fc90b.png

An 18 year old superstar in Oikonomopoulos, he'll get a fat new contract next year with a big MRC. Beyreuther is an old FM fave and his wages are actually justified. Other than that, we have little pain in wages, if not much talent to go with it

Midfielders
adc80234b0440ab95259ad85f1e82a91.png

Not much money in the midfield, not much talent, but a lot of potential. 

Attackers

81c6e8379129f084ea2976c2d092c46e.png

We have some talent up front, but Berisha is epically overpaid for his role and I'll be desperately trying to offload him. Hoogwerf is a new signing for the club and I can see why,

Edited by Deisler26

29 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

An 18 year old superstar in Oikonomopoulos, he'll get a fat new contract next year with a big MRC. Beyreuther is an old FM fave and his wages are actually justified. Other than that, we have little pain in wages, if not much talent to go with it

I'm trying to work out what MRC is...

multiple... something... contract/clause. 

oh hang on. 

It's minimum release clause isn't it?

Do you have to have them in Germany? :confused:

55 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'm trying to work out what MRC is...

multiple... something... contract/clause. 

oh hang on. 

It's minimum release clause isn't it?

Do you have to have them in Germany? :confused:

No, but I can't keep a player like this forever. So, when I re-sign him,  my default will be to say "You can go, but for your MRC!" He'll kick, but that'll keep him here until someone pays up

5 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

No, but I can't keep a player like this forever. So, when I re-sign him,  my default will be to say "You can go, but for your MRC!" He'll kick, but that'll keep him here until someone pays up

I've never considered using that before, but managing in Spain this year, (where MRC's are compulsory), has been great once you get used to it, (and remember to keep updating them). It does give you an easy out to just tell players to shut up, they're not going anywhere. That's actually a decent idea. :thup:

10 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've never considered using that before, but managing in Spain this year, (where MRC's are compulsory), has been great once you get used to it, (and remember to keep updating them). It does give you an easy out to just tell players to shut up, they're not going anywhere. That's actually a decent idea. :thup:

It seems to be the best way around the current issues with player interactions is all

Tactical Overview

50236a5e70f3e43dfc5e38f40dca2cc5.png

So, the plan for this tactical idea is that we keep the ball for as much as possible. This is where Play Out Of Defence, Lower Tempo and Shorter Passing comes in, so that we try to strangle the life out of games We don't really have any players that can play a Mitrovic TM-esque role, so we're gonna have to run with Work Ball Into Box, rather than rely on crosses. On defence, we'll go with a hurry up and wait approach. Try like hell to get it back as soon as possible, then slow it down. It should help with energy conservation and players fitness going forward.

With the player roles, we're looking at balance in the team. The singular Ball Playing Defender will be the recipient of the balls out from the goalie and will be the platform of all attacks. The full backs will provide a stable platform and the Half Back will give us cover on the Segundo Volante's movement. The Advanced Playmaker position out wide is to help with the slow down in play, which is why the 10 position is only an Attacking MIdfielder as we need a body coming in, without being the focal point.

The Rest of the Setup

Energie Cottbus II

e39f2365e58c3e8eac31a620f4e75127.png

There is a lot of talent in this II side, with 9 players under 19, however, the II team is more of a parking zone for players I don't need, so all of them will go back in the the youth system for training until 18. Silic, Kummer and Schnakenberg will undoubtedly get chances in the first team this season, due to rotation, but the rest will be left there until emergencies.

Energie Cottbus U-19

47bcc6fc393dc78a4ba397a20b28d650.png

Obviously, Murati could be the star of this current intake, but hopefully next season we can graduate some of the demoted II players

Edited by Deisler26

dieZukunftistunsereEnergie(Businesscard(Landscape))(Businesscard(Landscape))(1).png.924b98a57b97171b9bf94901805f4e9f.png

The Stats

3.Liga Table
Results to date
Passing Dynamics
Passing
Passes Attempted
Possession

The Eye Test

Well, we've been pretty much where I have expected us to be this season. Striker Edwin Brose has scored a third of our total goals this season, with 7, but has been goalless in his last 7 games, where as our second top scorer, Dillon Hoogwerf, has scored 3 of his 5 goals in the last 3 games. I'm really happy with the passing stats above as it shows our gameplan of strangling with possession is working. We've only really had two games where we came apart, that was the back-to-back four goal shellings earlier on in the season, but to all intents and purposes, we are an average mid-table side right now, which is all we can ask for.

End of January 2028 Transfer Window

We only had one sale in this window, 2.Bundesliga side 1.FC Nurnburg paid £30k + 50% sell on for striker Christopher Neumann

e880a6bc4e8fcc0b75da474d901f00d3.png

So, our team for next season, is looking like this...

8c17f2c5c2795854e8b6ae3cf5a2a81e.png

This is based on Oikonomopoulos and Mooy being sold in the summer. As you can see, we are dreadfully short in some areas, which might necessitate a re-signing of a player or two.

dieZukunftistunsereEnergie(Businesscard(Landscape))(Businesscard(Landscape))(2).png.0474f0cd06786b06b120a63c0c1e0be3.png

13ad842c7440ce8a1ee0484b5206b49a.png

ba2bb6b5e5431155d23e0fd5269778d8.png

A few elite talents, but no idea on how they will mesh or improve enough, but it'll be certain to give us some players to throw into the meat grinder. Let's look at our top 3 talents

99024a7a0534e67fa2b51a3133731109.png

• AMRL/ST  Erkan Akbaş - Work Rate: 10, Pace 10 - DNA: Passed

Erkan looks like he could be a decent contributor this low in the pyramid. His Composure outweighs the Finishing and he needs to improve his Pace & Acceleration, but it's what we can improve

8c26b62c5b02a044fb66270e7c4187ca.png

• GK  Heinrich Tepe - Work Rate: 13, Pace 13 - DNA: Passed

Verrrryyyy excited about this guy. He'll immediately become our backup keeper upon aging up and will hopefully improve until we can use him everyday

8959d25af5a226632d7c3dde9c2ef133.png

• M/AMR  Henning Mertens - Work Rate: 14, Pace 13 - DNA: Passed

Decent starting stats, but can he improve enough to join the first team in a season or two?

8 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

A game in hand and your high frequency of drawing games will hopefully be enough to see you through. :thup:

Any chance of seeing Fischer & Mandla, (or at least knowing of they pass the DNA test)?

8a510c3ebf0ec17deac455e24a6c9cad.png

He falls slightly below, plus I'm not sure that he will improve all that much for the position I need him for

2c5af8f6ff5b1750c75bbf395f6a701a.png

Not enough pace for a full back for my liking, also his Work Rate is appalling for a player in my system

dieZukunftistunsereEnergie(Businesscard(Landscape))(Businesscard(Landscape))(3).png.b07401f989e4940b22301ede166fa45c.png

The Stats

3. Liga Table
Jul - Dec Results
Jan - May Results
Player Stats
Commerical Summary
Data Hub

The Eyetest
Well, we survived relegation, by bludgeoning our way to survival. 3 wins in our last seven games and a last day draw against relegation rivals Chemnitzer FC, saw us safe. We beat the teams around us and were responsible for relegating Sportfreunde Lotte (2-1 win) and Chemnitzer FC (1-1 draw), with the last result being salvaged by a 16 year old's direct free kick on 80 mins! We looked leggy a lot of the time, but there were a number of knocks that wouldn't allow us to fully play a fit first XI. A number of players will leave us this summer and our finances are so bad, that we're having our wage budget cut by £20k. Good thing we're relying on the youth team... Our aims for the offseason are to start to integrate some of the youth team, try to resign Nico Mooy or get the best price for either him or Oikonomopoulos. 

Going strong! Mind if I blatantly copy your layout for my career updates with inter? Its wonderfully basic, I was searching for a way to display my careers in exactly that way and you came up with it out of a sudden :) 

14 hours ago, Carambau said:

Going strong! Mind if I blatantly copy your layout for my career updates with inter? Its wonderfully basic, I was searching for a way to display my careers in exactly that way and you came up with it out of a sudden :) 

Go ahead!

dieZukunftistunsereEnergie(Businesscard(Landscape))(Businesscard(Landscape))(4).png.e2ecea7cbfafc59b6cdf4a2fcdce5c73.png

The Brief

We were given the brief to Avoid Relegation and Work Within Our Budget this season, with a £30k wage budget and no transfer budget. Losing £20k off the wage budget from last season would be a stretch for any team, but we're doubly constrained by not signing any players. Luckily, we had some re-signings for better/equal terms in a lot of cases. We also needed to sort the futures out of two players, Nico Mooy and Vangelis Oikonomopoulos.

The Results

8b6dd42b15875de47fe796cd7f6fb929.png

Up to the August transfer window, we were flying, with Dillon Hoogwerf taking the striking duties up and scoring 4 goals in the first 7 games.

The Transfers

• AML/ST  Edwin Brose (free, SSV Jeddeloh)
  • D/WB/M/AMR/ST  Tobias Hasse (£1k, SV Babelsburg 03)
  • M/AMC  Tom Christian Gründler (£150k, FC Hansa Rostock)
  • DC Vangelis Oikonomopoulos (£1.5m, SC Paderborn 07)

Well, we answered this season's pressing questions very early on. We re-signed Nico Mooy to a 4 year deal, with 2 years club extension, but failed to get Oikonopolous to agree to a new deal, forcing us to sell. However, we managed to get the best deal possible, a large fee and a 50% sell on. We also loaned in Moldovan international AMC Marius Gherasimciuc from Hannover 96.
Edited by Deisler26

14a229cc74440f8ce6bc2407476a4afe.png

Waheyyyy! Hoogwerf made his return from injury, but labored hard against a massed defence of 10 man-SV Babelsburg. On came Hoffmann after 64 mins and he finally delivered to give us the 1-0 win!

6 hours ago, warlock said:

Congratulations (!?) for sticking with Hoffmann despite the fact you had no choice :D.

Hopefully, the competition for a place will focus his attention.

He's very young and, to be honest, I don't know why he didn't score more.

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

You might be finding it a little tough to score, but 6 clean sheets in 7 is a great defensive record and if you can manage to get someone scoring then you will be flying. :applause:

We're doing well so far. It's just if we can survive injuries

dieZukunftistunsereEnergie(Businesscard(Landscape))(Businesscard(Landscape))(6).png.704aea33553444d126a3a5c55c79fe9a.png

The Stats

3.Liga Table
Results to date

Passing Dynamics
Passing
Passes Attempted
Possession

The Eye Test

We're in a far healthier position this season, sitting six points off top spot. Also, an added plus from our good form is that our top scorer Dillon Hoogewerf has doubled last season's top goalscorer tally by this point with 14 goals, but our second best scorer is one less than last season with just 4. The strangling of games has worked as well again this season, however once we concede, we struggle to come back at teams, with only one come from behind win so far this half season.

The Transfers

b65e1bde28db4fa052ec47726b31bb02.png

• DM/MLC/AML David Demski (£100k, Toronto FC)

14c9cb61353f88ef2dc04fb48abd80ba.png

• DM/M/AMC Jan Männel (£250k, FC St. Pauli)

We lost two of our best players in this window. I wasn't going to get any better money for those two and we need to continue trying to make some inroads into the massive amounts of debt. This means we're looking at this for next season.

136481d3fe9712af6528aefd97607159.png

dieZukunftistunsereEnergie(Businesscard(Landscape))(Businesscard(Landscape))(7).png.e1bdcf7926ad6c7bed5407c7fcc2a8b2.png

65013e4fca5f472865e2ec997976fe1c.png
c49dc91aa1a01a7ac2141e7bb6c5807e.png

A lovely selection coming through here. Very excited to integrate these players into the first team lineup. Let's have a look at the top 3!

ce34531034d1e207c574aa33f9caf7e4.png

• GK Dražen Ladić - Determination: 16, Command of Area: 13 - DNA: Passed

We have one seeeexy goalie. This makes 3 good goalies in our system and a profit to be made

9dc49097aabaf6d9a6d5dfea7d991b28.png

• DM/M/AMC  Alexander Mohr - Work Rate: 6, Pace 11 - DNA: FAILED

This is a failure, but we can put him on a program to boost his Work Rate and he could be a mainstay in our DM role going forward.

a3d2a4528458f146f9955480e5ae8f45.png

• DM/ML/AMC  Sören Jarosch - Work Rate: 10, Pace 15 - DNA: PASSED

He won't be ready for another few seasons, but hopefully he'll improve enough to become a first-team player

2.Bundesliga Relegation Playoff, Leg 1
18 May 2029
Stadion der Freundschaft
20:30

FC Energie Cottbus 2-3 FSV Zwickau
Hoogwerf 11, 20...............................................Fordyce 30
............................................................................Eichinger 41
............................................................................Königshaus 86

72d7bfe32cc90bceb971225f8afb1e3c.png