[FM23] Caribbean Megapack

V50

18 minutes ago, anitamui said:

Thanks for work
However,the CONCACAF Club competitions didn't show up

The file "NACL Accurate adv 2023 v2" has these competitions - are you selecting this on game start-up?

37 minutes ago, anitamui said:

I selected and there is only Campiones cup

I'm currently playing with them all - are you selecting a nation in CONCACAF? Alternatively do you have another conflicting editor file?

22 分钟前, V50说:

I'm currently playing with them all - are you selecting a nation in CONCACAF? Alternatively do you have another conflicting editor file?

Probably the latter, Since i removed everything except your pack and it works

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, WatsonFM said:

Fantastic, would the NACL be close to the actual announced shape? I am long after something like this close to the announced format since FM 22, because even reporting the SI so far still has wrong shapes in the game.

Exact shape as far as I know. Caribbean is a bit of sensible artistic license (but Caribbean Zone onwards is correct)

14 hours ago, V50 said:

Exact shape as far as I know. Caribbean is a bit of sensible artistic license (but Caribbean Zone onwards is correct)

What do you mean by that, I want to play with a caribbean team but dont see any rules about the qualification for the NACL? So can someone explain that for me please. Because for me the nacl shrunk to only 5 rounds and I dont understand the whole qualification proces for this.

also, if I grow thé league. Will more clubs from aruba make it to the caribbean cup/nacl or is it a different thing than the coefficient rules from Champions League

Edited by DB00

1 hour ago, DB00 said:

What do you mean by that, I want to play with a caribbean team but dont see any rules about the qualification for the NACL? So can someone explain that for me please. Because for me the nacl shrunk to only 5 rounds and I dont understand the whole qualification proces for this.

also, if I grow thé league. Will more clubs from aruba make it to the caribbean cup/nacl or is it a different thing than the coefficient rules from Champions League

Caribbean cup will qualify the finalists and third place for the NACL in the correct rounds. I took the "zones" out of the NACL and put them in their regional cup, so the NACL looks smaller but exactly the same. 

Unfortunately not got a coefficient system, not figured out that yet!

Fantastic work you've done! Congratulations

I've always fancied playing the Concacaf zone, creating saves wih the challenge of qualifying Cuba to the World Cup. I'm working on developing the rosters of the clubs, creating staff, players and referees. It's hard to get 100% accurate information, but starting players are around 90% accurate and subs/reserves around 75% accurate. I have done for myself but i can improve it and share later.

In the league you've created, i miss some things i personally enjoy. I will share with you my suggestion and ideas:

Spoiler

1 - A "league stage" to set up the final rankings and starting season predictions, transfering the combined results of apertura, clausura (including finals) to a league table with no created fixtures, counting the 16 teams. I've played one version in FM19 that had this feature and i miss on the FM23 versions, and i couldn't edit and make it myself.

2 - Apertura and Clausura winners add histories, both as season champions, and the match between both is called "Continental places playoff" but it could be renamed to "Grand Final" and count the winner as the sole champion of the year. They could be set as "minor champions", as in Australia. The Apertura round was only considered the season champion in 2019/2020 during the Covid pandemic where Clausura could not be finished. Also, using the "league stage" to add the histories, clubs qualified to clausura would necessary be qualified in 1-8 rankings and those who stayed on apertura only would be 9-16. This could be useful to set up the board/fans expectations, you could get sacked if didn't qualify for clausura with a bigger club, etc.

3 - I usually set up squad registrations in the start of February and late July, with at least 18 homegrown players from nation and club, as there is small transfer activity between clubs (mostly loans during Clausura stage), and players play in the club of the province they live in. Then i add the "trained in club" to the players, for example, if a player was born in Havana and lived/played his first years of the carreer in Camaguey, then i set both clubs as "formed in club from 15-21". If i'm playing with Cienfuegos, i can't sign a lot of players elsewhere like him, i'm forced to develop local players or sign back ex-Cienfuegos players.  This is not a rule in real life, but a way to force clubs to use local players. Also, players who go abroad and then move back to Cuba usually go back to their hometown club. I do this because often the clubs in game sign random players from the nation instead of using "locals", and that is very unrealistic. There is a match squad rule called "players from same nation in squad" that makes obligatory to use nationals, but as there is no "players from same city" or "local region", then i made it up this way.

4 - Clubs are 100% state-financed, so it would make no sense to have kit or stadium sponsorship deals, even individual TV deals. But it makes sense they receive some money from TV matches if they play in continental competitions. The finances need to be worked around to something like a fixed equal value per club each year, something to prevent some clubs turn to be way richer than others, sustainable to not go quickly in debt, and tight enough to make the manager think wisely how to spend. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work. Also, the Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC) is not used anymore since 30/12/21, i've tried to edit it to Cuban Peso (CUP) but it's not possible, also because of the variations in the exchange rates, it's easier to just set the currency as U.S. dollars.

Anyway again thanks for your work, i would be glad to help if i can.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, fine, you've twisted my arm! Between this and Makoto's adventures around the Caribbean, Haiti is finally calling to me I think. 

There's a bunch of interesting nations here, but I like the nice big league with plenty of teams, the somewhat sane format and some decent regens popping up. Think this is a solid foundation for a nice long term save to build up the league and the nation. Is there much money in the Caribbean cup or NACL, out of interest?

11 minutes ago, dalenichol said:

Right, fine, you've twisted my arm! Between this and Makoto's adventures around the Caribbean, Haiti is finally calling to me I think. 

There's a bunch of interesting nations here, but I like the nice big league with plenty of teams, the somewhat sane format and some decent regens popping up. Think this is a solid foundation for a nice long term save to build up the league and the nation. Is there much money in the Caribbean cup or NACL, out of interest?

Not much! I've bumped Caribbean Cup prize money, because if I didn't it would bankrupt anyone participating (CFU is criminally underfunded). Winning NACL nets you a couple million, but yea not much money kicking around. 

Cheers, figured this would be the case but just wanted to check.  The issue you often get when playing in smaller leagues is that you'll end up like 500k in the red by the end of season 1 and then it just makes everything else a slog. As long as I can keep us afloat and steadily build some income for facilities down the line, it should be fine!

Shouldn't be that bad as unlike others I balanced the figures in my long term testing. You'll definitely bankrupt if you go max facilities, but wages and costs are lower 

Hi, I'm trying to edit the NACL file to just have the Caribbean Cup and Central American Cup without the tie into the NACL. Is this possible? How should I do it? I've tried removing references to North America and just keeping the cups but I just crash when starting a new save :(

Edited by guku

6 hours ago, Maviarab said:

Excellent stuff V50, will this also enable you to manage the national sides of countries such as Dominca, Curacao and St Lucia?

The nations should already be manageable without my file, as I've added enough players in the master database to qualify them - you just need to load all players from that nation. This file will undoubtedly make it much more fulfilling, rewarding, and meaningful as you will have plenty of domestic options for each position

On 03/01/2023 at 22:34, silasfbmb said:

I've always fancied playing the Concacaf zone, creating saves wih the challenge of qualifying Cuba to the World Cup. I'm working on developing the rosters of the clubs, creating staff, players and referees. It's hard to get 100% accurate information, but starting players are around 90% accurate and subs/reserves around 75% accurate. I have done for myself but i can improve it and share later.

In the league you've created, i miss some things i personally enjoy. I will share with you my suggestion and ideas:

Hide contents

1 - A "league stage" to set up the final rankings and starting season predictions, transfering the combined results of apertura, clausura (including finals) to a league table with no created fixtures, counting the 16 teams. I've played one version in FM19 that had this feature and i miss on the FM23 versions, and i couldn't edit and make it myself.

2 - Apertura and Clausura winners add histories, both as season champions, and the match between both is called "Continental places playoff" but it could be renamed to "Grand Final" and count the winner as the sole champion of the year. They could be set as "minor champions", as in Australia. The Apertura round was only considered the season champion in 2019/2020 during the Covid pandemic where Clausura could not be finished. Also, using the "league stage" to add the histories, clubs qualified to clausura would necessary be qualified in 1-8 rankings and those who stayed on apertura only would be 9-16. This could be useful to set up the board/fans expectations, you could get sacked if didn't qualify for clausura with a bigger club, etc.

3 - I usually set up squad registrations in the start of February and late July, with at least 18 homegrown players from nation and club, as there is small transfer activity between clubs (mostly loans during Clausura stage), and players play in the club of the province they live in. Then i add the "trained in club" to the players, for example, if a player was born in Havana and lived/played his first years of the carreer in Camaguey, then i set both clubs as "formed in club from 15-21". If i'm playing with Cienfuegos, i can't sign a lot of players elsewhere like him, i'm forced to develop local players or sign back ex-Cienfuegos players.  This is not a rule in real life, but a way to force clubs to use local players. Also, players who go abroad and then move back to Cuba usually go back to their hometown club. I do this because often the clubs in game sign random players from the nation instead of using "locals", and that is very unrealistic. There is a match squad rule called "players from same nation in squad" that makes obligatory to use nationals, but as there is no "players from same city" or "local region", then i made it up this way.

4 - Clubs are 100% state-financed, so it would make no sense to have kit or stadium sponsorship deals, even individual TV deals. But it makes sense they receive some money from TV matches if they play in continental competitions. The finances need to be worked around to something like a fixed equal value per club each year, something to prevent some clubs turn to be way richer than others, sustainable to not go quickly in debt, and tight enough to make the manager think wisely how to spend. I'm trying to figure out how to make this work. Also, the Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC) is not used anymore since 30/12/21, i've tried to edit it to Cuban Peso (CUP) but it's not possible, also because of the variations in the exchange rates, it's easier to just set the currency as U.S. dollars.

I've saved this post in my mind to go back to, as there are some great suggestions I don't have time to implement at the moment

Just incase it is relevant to anybody here, If you have a custom USA database and use any editor file that has North American continent rules your game will crash whenever that competition starts/ends. To get around it you can change the editor rules to world instead of North America. It works perfectly then. So for this megapack you would have to change the NACL and SXM files. Just a bug in fm23 for some reason

Edited by guku

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2023 at 15:34, silasfbmb said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is this Cuba file available? This is what I’m actually currently the save I’m trying to do! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2022 at 21:37, V50 said:

Good evening all. I haven't made one of these for a while, but caught the Youth Challenge bug and for some reason wanted to sink 300 hours of editing time into this. All leagues have accurate formatting and awards (something other megapacks often miss out of laziness or not understanding how important they are), including some of these insanities;

Cuba - ever thought Apertura and Clausura was old-hat? How about only the top half of the table qualifying for the Clausura? What do you mean that defeats the point of opening/closing stages?

image.png.61f8ae66c95e637f7b617100fd20263a.png

What about a top 6 that goes to semi-final and final for the league? Dominican Republic Has you covered. Did you want two league playoff stages?  Bonaire has you covered (Kaya 6/Kaya 4), resulting in a final for the league.

What about a gentleman's game? Well keep your legs to yourself in Saint Kitts - 1 ban after 3 yellows, then 2 match ban, then 3 match ban.... On top of a 6-team champions playoff stage. 

Want promotions and relegations galore? Sign up for Barbados at the third tier. Ever thought that you need separate cup competitions for the top and bottom half of the league? Anguilla has you covered. Concerned about schools? Sign up to the Concerned Parents/Teacher Association Wings club in Antigua. 

How about a tiny island nation split between the French and Dutch side? Saint/Sint Martin/Maarten have you covered - they even play a competition between the 4 best clubs of each side. 

I spent an ungodly amount of time adding Guyanese regional football, so if you are desperate to play in the Amazon but think Brazil is boring, then check out the Rupununi Senior League, or the Bartica Senior League. 

Disappointingly, the all-star competition that Grenada has with local parish teams doesn't seem to be working - it's all set up and verified but doesn't load into the game. 

Just to reiterate, all of those formats above are legit, actual formats occuring at the moment. 

The key part of it is the entire reworking of the NACL champions league. Accurate format kept, but with the regional competitions fleshed out. The Caribbean Cup has a feasible format with 2 from each Caribbean nation qualifying. The real format is unannounced, but will probably follow a similar format (with less teams, as nations often don't send teams...). 

image.thumb.png.5a653bb3d47c87a528ea938530e7b51f.png

Bugs;

I expect some bugs, I've tried my best (I have nearly 200 hours of testing time logged) but I must have missed at least one major thing. Please let me know - most common errors by me include award naming incorrect or a league/cup history not being logged. 

P.s. if you write about your Caribbean adventure please @me - i love reading about that stuff.

Caribbean Megapack 23.zip 732.88 kB · 156 downloads

This is a brilliant piece of work. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Em 20/12/2022 em 18:37, V50 disse:

Good evening all. I haven't made one of these for a while, but caught the Youth Challenge bug and for some reason wanted to sink 300 hours of editing time into this. All leagues have accurate formatting and awards (something other megapacks often miss out of laziness or not understanding how important they are), including some of these insanities;

Cuba - ever thought Apertura and Clausura was old-hat? How about only the top half of the table qualifying for the Clausura? What do you mean that defeats the point of opening/closing stages?

image.png.61f8ae66c95e637f7b617100fd20263a.png

What about a top 6 that goes to semi-final and final for the league? Dominican Republic Has you covered. Did you want two league playoff stages?  Bonaire has you covered (Kaya 6/Kaya 4), resulting in a final for the league.

What about a gentleman's game? Well keep your legs to yourself in Saint Kitts - 1 ban after 3 yellows, then 2 match ban, then 3 match ban.... On top of a 6-team champions playoff stage. 

Want promotions and relegations galore? Sign up for Barbados at the third tier. Ever thought that you need separate cup competitions for the top and bottom half of the league? Anguilla has you covered. Concerned about schools? Sign up to the Concerned Parents/Teacher Association Wings club in Antigua. 

How about a tiny island nation split between the French and Dutch side? Saint/Sint Martin/Maarten have you covered - they even play a competition between the 4 best clubs of each side. 

I spent an ungodly amount of time adding Guyanese regional football, so if you are desperate to play in the Amazon but think Brazil is boring, then check out the Rupununi Senior League, or the Bartica Senior League. 

Disappointingly, the all-star competition that Grenada has with local parish teams doesn't seem to be working - it's all set up and verified but doesn't load into the game. 

Just to reiterate, all of those formats above are legit, actual formats occuring at the moment. 

The key part of it is the entire reworking of the NACL champions league. Accurate format kept, but with the regional competitions fleshed out. The Caribbean Cup has a feasible format with 2 from each Caribbean nation qualifying. The real format is unannounced, but will probably follow a similar format (with less teams, as nations often don't send teams...). 

image.thumb.png.5a653bb3d47c87a528ea938530e7b51f.png

Bugs;

I expect some bugs, I've tried my best (I have nearly 200 hours of testing time logged) but I must have missed at least one major thing. Please let me know - most common errors by me include award naming incorrect or a league/cup history not being logged. 

P.s. if you write about your Caribbean adventure please @me - i love reading about that stuff.

Caribbean Megapack 23.zip 732.88 kB · 207 downloads

Hello @V50, any chance of being updated to 23.4? this work is amazing, the only thing missing is the central american and miquelon leagues to be practically perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2023 at 00:24, WatsonFM said:

Hello @V50, any chance of being updated to 23.4? this work is amazing, the only thing missing is the central american and miquelon leagues to be practically perfect.

On 31/03/2023 at 16:17, Failproof said:

Do you plan to update it for 23.4?

Yes I do, no major changes but bug fixes. Will put accurate T&T

Can't verify until this bug is fixed;

Edited by V50

On 03/01/2023 at 22:34, silasfbmb said:

Hide contents

3 - I usually set up squad registrations in the start of February and late July, with at least 18 homegrown players from nation and club, as there is small transfer activity between clubs (mostly loans during Clausura stage), and players play in the club of the province they live in. Then i add the "trained in club" to the players, for example, if a player was born in Havana and lived/played his first years of the career in Camaguey, then i set both clubs as "formed in club from 15-21". If I'm playing with Cienfuegos, i can't sign a lot of players elsewhere like him, i'm forced to develop local players or sign back ex-Cienfuegos players.  This is not a rule in real life, but a way to force clubs to use local players. Also, players who go abroad and then move back to Cuba usually go back to their hometown club. I do this because often the clubs in game sign random players from the nation instead of using "locals", and that is very unrealistic. There is a match squad rule called "players from same nation in squad" that makes obligatory to use nationals, but as there is no "players from same city" or "local region", then i made it up this way.

1. Cuba seems to treat these as separate, and a combined league stage is made misleading due to the randomness of excluding the bottom half of the Apertura for the Clausura. Turns out the league was bugged - Apertura winner wouldn't go through to the next round! I'm going to fix this bug in the next version.

2. There is already a grand final (Champions Playoff) for the competition. I'm not sure how ranking levels would play out with this league and it would take forever to work out (finish 8th in the Apertura, their lowest ranking is 8th, but what is the highest? If I set 0, is it saying they can finish first in the Apertura (false) or the whole thing?) The club's history graphs generally display this correctly.

3. I've incorporated this into the game - 15 home-grown club players, 25 home-grown from nation. I'm not sure the AI can handle more than that!

4. Interesting, I just used TV money as a quick and easy way to allocate money. I've done it more realistically for you in the next update - clubs now get participation money before the Aperture and Clausura, depending on if they are amateur (£2k), Semi-pro (£3.5k, so same money as I had before), or Professional (£7k, double the state subsidy). Relatedly, I've tried to put in national service, but not sure how that'll work. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/04/2023 at 19:42, V50 said:

@V50 Thank you for the DB. It seems they fixed it last week. Is it possible for you to update it for 23.4?

Edited by gGlc

• 3 weeks later...
Em 23/04/2023 em 15:42, V50 disse:

Hello, apparently this bug has been fixed, sorry for the inconvenience, but is that your file is the best and almost one of the only concacaf, still studying the possibility of updating it and add the central america leagues? Thanks

Had a check of the files and most work with just a verification. The ones that fail are:

Aruba
Curacao
Dominica
Haiti
Jamaica
Suriname
T&T

I managed to get Curacao working, but the rest is beyond me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Liffa said:

How did you solve Curacao? Thanks!

The 3rd tier is missing a team, so I just added a random non-league team. Did only do the verification test though, not an actual test save.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup, I won't be quick though, work is crazy. If I am done by Christmas I will be surprised, but I'm hoping that given how much work I put in last year it should transfer over easier than in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have a working combined Caribbean cup with fixed teams (no dynamic settings). The dynamic one seems to work for the first year and then randomly assigns nations (I.e. first year its the big 4 with Cuba instead of the Dominican Republic, but then it goes off the rails).

Edited by V50

In the state this year's Editor is in, it is impossible to configure anything correctly.
I have tried to edit some of your files to work in FM24 and they continually fail, not because of the file but because of the editor.
Let's hope they fix it soon.
Thanks for the effort.
Edited by Ox