[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

9 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

maybe it's easier to view all graphic files and make all paper.png non-transparent

interesting. I myself liked this idea so much that I removed transparency from all paper.pngs in the boxes directory. the result was quite surprising. for example, some black text became white for some reason. for example this one
_2023-07-05_18-49-57.thumb.png.6c3cf0db4154a7804d9e6bc0da4ecf27.png

_2023-07-05_18-50-49.thumb.png.a6adbc70820b7a1efd9556124995ee4d.png

:D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

interesting. I myself liked this idea so much that I removed transparency from all paper.pngs in the boxes directory. the result was quite surprising. for example, some black text became white for some reason. for example this one
:D

Indeed, the black to white thing messed up my black theme totally. Better to do it individually.

Next step, figuring out how to change the default tablet loadout, in previous versions I used the famous Tablet mod, and I have no notes for vanilla lol, only for the mod. 

Edited by godzilu

Hi! I've managed to change the sidebar color on a downloaded skin to the exact green color that my local team play in. However I guess Football Manager uses another green for my team. I'm wondering if it's any easy way to pull the data from FM and have a dynamic value in the xml-file connected to the sidebar. So copy from top bar to the sidebar and write a value so the sidebar understands to use the same kind of green. And if I change save to, say, an orange team the top bar and the sidebar will merge into the same color?

AAoDmahdrYlI.png?o=1

Does anybody know how I can change the location of the buttons at the bottom of this panel? I have looked at this panel (inbox content with training focus panel) but there doesn't seem to be anything towards the bottom of that panel that relates to those buttons. I just want to put them on the same line as the little training box below them. It takes up so much extra space!! Thanks

spacer.png

10 hours ago, patrikholm said:

Hi! I've managed to change the sidebar color on a downloaded skin to the exact green color that my local team play in. However I guess Football Manager uses another green for my team. I'm wondering if it's any easy way to pull the data from FM and have a dynamic value in the xml-file connected to the sidebar. So copy from top bar to the sidebar and write a value so the sidebar understands to use the same kind of green. And if I change save to, say, an orange team the top bar and the sidebar will merge into the same color?

AAoDmahdrYlI.png?o=1

teams use primary and secondary as the team colours

So what you're after is replacing "green" with primary and you should have what you're after if i understand correctly

On 20/06/2023 at 15:51, snowofman said:

Does anyone know where this space around the box is controlled ?

Thanks

space.thumb.PNG.d284e20391a4ee5caf5a4a78461968d0.PNG

Edit: I have checked "tactics overview panel" and "team tactics overview panel"

and non of them wanna play nice, maybe i'm just doing something wrong!

@keysi @Fwiedwice @Mark8213 

A little update to my question a while back
If you just add this file to your match folder, the panel shown above will fill the screen and auto adjust as it should if you change zoom or resolution.

the previously given solution is per user and if you change zoom or resolution it messes with the screen

Enjoy

tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml

How do I center the trophies?

<panel background_colour="grey 900">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
    <container class="scrolling_box" fit_content_horizontal="true" fit_content_vertical="false">
        <container class="container" id="hnrs" background_colour="grey 700">
            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right" offset="0" gap="8"/>
            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" offset="0" gap="8"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
        </container>
    </container>
</panel>

image.png

8 minutes ago, lepatsio said:

How do I center the trophies?

<panel background_colour="grey 900">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
    <container class="scrolling_box" fit_content_horizontal="true" fit_content_vertical="false">
        <container class="container" id="hnrs" background_colour="grey 700">
            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right" offset="0" gap="8"/>
            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" offset="0" gap="8"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
        </container>
    </container>
</panel>

image.png

change the alignment

centre, centre_x or middle can be used

Just now, snowofman said:

change the alignment

centre, centre_x or middle can be used

which part, i've tried it in a bunch of places but it either does nothing or the trophies disappear

7 minutes ago, lepatsio said:

which part, i've tried it in a bunch of places but it either does nothing or the trophies disappear

looking at the code, as you have a scrollbar it should be  a matter of adjusting the panel where you show the trophy's and not centering the panel

But you can try and change this

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" offset="0" gap="8"/> - replace horizontal

8 minutes ago, snowofman said:

looking at the code, as you have a scrollbar it should be  a matter of adjusting the panel where you show the trophy's and not centering the panel

Ok, I've been trying to change a single alignment at once, and hadn't touched the fit children attachment at all.
Changing horizontal attachment to middle and fit children attachment to centre_x instead of horizontal did it.

<container class="container" id="hnrs">
            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="0" gap="8"/>
            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="centre_x,fill" offset="0" gap="8"/>
        </container>

Is it possible to bring the picture forward so that text goes under the picture and not above like here. This is the last part of my general page puzzle.

image.png.389c534fd956ed602454593d01a06ad0.png

Edited by lepatsio

1 minute ago, lepatsio said:

Ok, I've been trying to change a single alignment at once, and hadn't touched the fit children attachment at all.
Changing horizontal attachment to middle and fit children attachment to centre_x instead of horizontal did it.

<container class="container" id="hnrs">
            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="0" gap="8"/>
            <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="centre_x,fill" offset="0" gap="8"/>
        </container>

Super, glad you solved it :) 

1 minute ago, godzilu said:

Anyone knows from the top of the head where do I change transparencies for tactics mid game, where you make the subs? Thanks

Hide contents

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.ab8bee4dc6b5bf96ec6e2c3b1788200c.png

tactics overview side panel.xml in the match folder

Just now, snowofman said:

tactics overview side panel.xml in the match folder

Love you :D Extremely fast. I was looking in the match tactics overview panel. 

Edited by godzilu

Hm, I am dumb, that I know, but for some reason I can't make the background solid on that page :D 

How do you turn this into something that has zero transparency? 

<container class="match_team_squad_panel" entity_layout_id="at04" id="tesA" navigation_container="true">

Changing the class makes the players disappear. 

SOLVED: I was looking in the wrong file, "match tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml", line 64, I edited the container.

Edited by godzilu

7 hours ago, burak_95 said:

Hello friends. Why is the line-up not visible in this section on the club overview page? It says the game has not been played, but we are in the middle of the season. how can i fix this? thanks...

ggggg.png

Because the file you're using for this widget is from an older FM edition and the default file is using a different code or ID so it doesn't work on the club overview screen. You have to edit/update the file you are using and adapt it for the current FM edition. 

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Hey Guys

For some reason i am unable to locate the ↓ on the selector today.

can anyone tell me please

Udklip.PNG.90c67587e40bc3e4478b8a20aac5ea09.PNG

I have selectors within the "drop" class (similarly to in the Tato skin) and I am able to edit the colour of the text and icon in the drop.xml

image.thumb.png.a09802f21a3ea0af99ee2351cff010c6.png

If you open the default 'player overview small selector panel.xml', there is a line 7 with the widget class="popup_button". So, let's find the 'popup_button_actions.xml' in the default classes files. 

image.thumb.png.a9018af7f724f9f38c0f607504da0569.png

13 minutes ago, keysi said:

I have selectors within the "drop" class (similarly to in the Tato skin) and I am able to edit the colour of the text and icon in the drop.xml

image.thumb.png.a09802f21a3ea0af99ee2351cff010c6.png

If you open the default 'player overview small selector panel.xml', there is a line 7 with the widget class="popup_button". So, let's find the 'popup_button_actions.xml' in the default classes files. 

image.thumb.png.a9018af7f724f9f38c0f607504da0569.png

sweet, will take a look.

1 saat önce, keysi said:

Because the file you're using for this widget is from an older FM edition and the default file is using a different code or ID so it doesn't work on the club overview screen. You have to edit/update the file you are using and adapt it for the current FM edition. 

Sir, how can I do this? what should i write?

2 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

2fd76d05d3adafdbfec452f07f8ccaa3.png

Is it possible to get the highlight key roles container to look at the attribute labels and highlight them like it does in the normal attribute table setup?

without knowing 100% as you have redone the attributes, i can't say if it will work or not.

But the Button needs to be in the same container.

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

without knowing 100% as you have redone the attributes, i can't say if it will work or not.

But the Button needs to be in the same container.

I don't think it will as I have put them all in separate containers.

No worries. I see the widget looks for rows in a table , I would probably need to re write it so it looked for every attribute id or label name.

11 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

2fd76d05d3adafdbfec452f07f8ccaa3.png

Is it possible to get the highlight key roles container to look at the attribute labels and highlight them like it does in the normal attribute table setup?

No. You’d need the attribute table in there - albeit hidden - anyway but it does not know how to many a line in a table with a string. Sorry!

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

No. You’d need the attribute table in there - albeit hidden - anyway but it does not know how to many a line in a table with a string. Sorry!

cheers. Will probably just go back to the normal attributes then. Was worth a try.:)

3 hours ago, burak_95 said:

Sir, how can I do this? what should i write?

I recommend you check already published FM23 skins and compare the files. I am sure many of them have the updated file/widget to show the last XI. 

1 hour ago, MendezGeorge said:

Hey guys I need some help. Would appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction. anybody know how to scale the player cards on the tato skin? I'm playing on 85% zoom. Also how would I be able to scale the trophies to occupy the height of the container? The tactics screen during the match is also a bit wonky. Any help would be appreciated!

image.png.40335be0e7c884173dfd35a9c68ba9d8.thumb.png.6ed84bbfdad0eaa3486c30893137a421.pngimage.png.742329dc590b4266ffa7d6da649f2d2e.thumb.png.68af65703925929abacf3fa3cb258bd9.png

Please don't post the same thing in different places, 
The skin looks to be optimized for 100% or 95% - so you would probably have to resize / rebuild the playing cards (graphics and all) and for the trophys you could get away with just lowering the height of the container

else you would again have to edit the graphics to make each trophy bigger.  

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

for the trophys you could get away with just lowering the height of the container

it won't help. tato uses bad code to display the trophy container. but I'm not sure that this is a tato and not some kind of Frankenstein. some text colors do not match and there is a scroll bar in the trophies container.
e.g. my skin and original tato with same game/screen parameters and different trophies quantity
_2023-07-08_15-28-36.png.c845784ddf0f3aa35de9d84db3f1646b.png_2023-07-08_15-28-58.png.15fc52599a2164612323b6b27877e622.png_2023-07-08_15-30-54.png.ac55b572eb7ae1668a99b9c0e45f22fc.png

_2023-07-08_15-31-19.png.03975af1c167425196fe3cc98c1af940.png

Feel like I already know the answer to this but is there a way to see managers / clubs records in finals wanting to try adding a gimmick to the club screen and I'm now kind of sad seeing that it may not be possible

13 minutes ago, dino88 said:

Also, is there a way to fade the sides of the stadiums on the fixtures page?

image.png.eb960910e870b39aa145cdee82d955a8.png

Possibly with an overlay I'm sure there's a graphic in boxes with blurred as one of its folders. Never tried using it though 

i'm a clueless newboy, but Is it possible/easy to change kit background/font color on the player page?

For example, I want to give Juventus black/white stripes and a yellow font (and Milan black/red stripes with white font). Other teams like Inter have stripes, so it is possible.

Any help is appreciated.

file.png

24 minutes ago, eldandy said:

i'm a clueless newboy, but Is it possible/easy to change kit background/font color on the player page?

For example, I want to give Juventus black/white stripes and a yellow font (and Milan black/red stripes with white font). Other teams like Inter have stripes, so it is possible.

Any help is appreciated.

file.png

The kit background is a graphics file, and the only way you can say that this  team should have stripes and other should not, will be making custom kits.

You would then have to  replace the current code with a code that shows the jersey either from the front or back. then it will grab the ingame jersey designs unless you have made custom kits for the club or used a kit pack of sort

easy way would be to look at a skin that already have the kits as you like them and then borrow the code from there

21 minutes ago, lugui said:

Could someone point me which file or configuration I should edit to customize the colours on this STAFF screen, please?

Thanks in advance!

image.png.8b3afc3ab23615354cc0013701fd9e10.png

Take a look at team/team staff subteam table

i'm not 100% sure, but i believe it's that one

15 minutos atrás, snowofman disse:

Take a look at team/team staff subteam table

i'm not 100% sure, but i believe it's that one

Thank you for your help. I've been checking all these team staff subteam ***. xml earlier, but unless I missed something, I didn't notice anything "worth" to be customized on that regard.

However, I could be mistaken and not have the skills to identify. This is that file you mentioned, kinda simple:

<panel>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<widget class="scrolling_box">
        <widget class="simple_data_list" set_property="prop" auto_size="vertical" gap="1">
            <record id="object_property" get_property="itms" set_property="valu" />

<record id="widget_properties" class="text" auto_size="vertical" />
        </widget>
    </widget>
</panel>

Thanks anyway. I will keep digging...