[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, GIMN said:

It's almost like there's a reason it was excluded from the original skin :lol:

no comment :D

20 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Try this and let me know how you get on

Awesome, that's it!

image.png.246236d2b7220915ee7dff89727a7ed7.png

3 hours ago, GianniM said:

Small issue with the training report - there is a lot more text in the Progress box, but I have to scroll to see it. 

image.thumb.png.d58106315c46156f15157f91fdbca47b.png

My screen is 1920x1080

image.png.2ce2d938fcfed1441c0f913cd83b49cb.png

Thank you; I'll have a look when I do my next update!

9 minutes ago, FERIA said:

Hi

in tactic panel (pitch) when i select player there is an screen on the right. but nothing in attributes player.

Where or how can i put attributes

see the screen 

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.04.29-17_17_19.jpg

You'll need to edit tactics/position instructions panel overview.xml - you may want to compare it against the equivalent file in the numerical version.  The issue will obviously be that the attributes will show as numbers (screenshot of numerical version below)

image.thumb.png.d0a6d77398684d190ec58abd0efb3abd.png

The attributes panel that controls it is: player/player attributes tactics pitch panel.xml.  You can try changing attribute_label to attribute_bar in that file.  When I did, it did come out rather messy and confusing, but you might find something you are happy with.

Edit: you'll need to extract the player attributes tactics pitch panel.xml using Resource Archiver.

Edited by GIMN

Il y a 15 heures, FERIA a dit :

Hi

in tactic panel (pitch) when i select player there is an screen on the right. but nothing in attributes player.

Where or how can i put attributes

see the screen 

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.04.29-17_17_19.jpg

Thks

i comeback and want to know if it s possible to put this note instead of.

(sorry for my english i hope you understand)

20230430081729_1.jpg

2 hours ago, FERIA said:

Thks

i comeback and want to know if it s possible to put this note instead of.

(sorry for my english i hope you understand)

20230430081729_1.jpg

Possibly.  It's not something I'd look to do myself, but if you take a look at tactics/tactics set pieces panel.xml - you can try and find the code for important attributes and add it into the file mentioned in the previous panel to see if it works.  Again, you'll likely need to have the files extracted using the Resource Archiver.

Sorry, another set of questions: Is there a way to remove the third kit from the club store tab? A lot of clubs lack a third kit so it just shows an all-white default. I'd much prefer it only show the home and away, even if there exists a third kit.  

Can I change the tactic creator back to a grass green background or is it a big pain?

2 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Hi all. If I can cash in my stupid-questions card for the week... where can I find good photos of the grounds to use with this pack? 

From the header on the main page: No requests for graphics downloads please!! This is a help forum only. Any offending threads will be closed.

Maybe Google can help.

1 hour ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Sorry, another set of questions: Is there a way to remove the third kit from the club store tab? A lot of clubs lack a third kit so it just shows an all-white default. I'd much prefer it only show the home and away, even if there exists a third kit.  

Can I change the tactic creator back to a grass green background or is it a big pain?

Remove the third container in club/mustermann/club overview kits panel.xml

For tactic creator, you'll need to change either the colour defined as "style_background" in the settings file.  This might end up changing colours elsewhere.  Otherwise, you'll need to extract the tactics/tactics creator info.xml, and change the colour defined for the "main_contrast_box".

39 minutes ago, GIMN said:

From the header on the main page: No requests for graphics downloads please!! This is a help forum only. Any offending threads will be closed.

Maybe Google can help.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was doing this given its a part you decided to include in the skin. Thought it was odd that it is included as feature yet left blank. Mea culpa. 

Thank you for answering the other question.

4 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Sorry, I didn't realize I was doing this given its a part you decided to include in the skin. Thought it was odd that it is included as feature yet left blank. Mea culpa. 

Thank you for answering the other question.

No third-party graphics are provided with the skin (I don't think they are with any skin), but there may be dedicated sites out there for those sorts of things.

16 minutes ago, GIMN said:

No third-party graphics are provided with the skin (I don't think they are with any skin), but there may be dedicated sites out there for those sorts of things.

Tbf, sometimes they are, just with skins that shall not be named and aren't allowed to be distributed on this site because they have third party graphics

I'd like to canvas opinions once more.  Font options this time.  A mixture of grotesque, condensed and monospaced fonts.  Let me know your favourite(s):

image.png.a041c1e984285f02aee9d7569addc375.png image.png.08e9584555a14fcc43ab80df87606656.png

image.png.a026919b3f8466c70d79e14d52ac1d2e.png image.png.bdf468c17015c40dd67cc6f3ac761e8e.png

image.png.e81002d3ee583e95438de9a627aaa356.png image.png.2f3516fa7024fc6fe5c73cd0e44b88fc.png

image.png.e9457eba700fbab35718260de1912341.png image.png.cafaa43c3c93c9c924e139381ac67c53.png

(n.b. these are wireframes for the sake of planning, not fully implemented designs)

9 hours ago, GIMN said:

I'd like to canvas opinions once more.  Font options this time.  A mixture of grotesque, condensed and monospaced fonts.  Let me know your favourite(s):

image.png.a041c1e984285f02aee9d7569addc375.png image.png.08e9584555a14fcc43ab80df87606656.png

image.png.a026919b3f8466c70d79e14d52ac1d2e.png image.png.bdf468c17015c40dd67cc6f3ac761e8e.png

image.png.e81002d3ee583e95438de9a627aaa356.png image.png.2f3516fa7024fc6fe5c73cd0e44b88fc.png

image.png.e9457eba700fbab35718260de1912341.png image.png.cafaa43c3c93c9c924e139381ac67c53.png

(n.b. these are wireframes for the sake of planning, not fully implemented designs)

2 and 6 for me
6 being the one that my eyes don't have to squint my eyes due to (washed out  text, too bold text)

3 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

3 for me I like tall and condensed fonts, was tempted to look for it after you posted their names on twitter 

It's a Google Font, so free to download.  Here's the link: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Carrois+Gothic

Went through all 1500+ last night in an attempt to shortlist 8.  They've all blurred into much of a muchness for me now!!  I genuinely can't remember the ranking I gave them myself.

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

It's a Google Font, so free to download.  Here's the link: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Carrois+Gothic

Went through all 1500+ last night in an attempt to shortlist 8.  They've all blurred into much of a muchness for me now!!  I genuinely can't remember the ranking I gave them myself.

That's mental, I only found out today notepad++ has an options to find and replace across all open xmls (making it super easy to do mass recouler every box and button I've been working on and could have saved myself about 5-10 hours) this morning making me very sad and annoyed I didn't notice this sooner 😅

Certainly going to help with a font change. 

26 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

That's mental, I only found out today notepad++ has an options to find and replace across all open xmls (making it super easy to do mass recouler every box and button I've been working on and could have saved myself about 5-10 hours) this morning making me very sad and annoyed I didn't notice this sooner 😅

Certainly going to help with a font change. 

Find & Replace is a godsend; especially under "Find in Files", as you can target a specific folder or folders.

Regarding fonts, you should have a read here if you haven't already:

34 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Find & Replace is a godsend; especially under "Find in Files", as you can target a specific folder or folders.

Regarding fonts, you should have a read here if you haven't already:

It's not letting me give you reputation but thank you will have a read in the day tomorrow 

4 hours ago, Herr Jones said:

Hey man, great work! I've translated the dark graphical skin archetypes into portuguese (it's not my greatest work, but I've tried to translate and connect the information with their respective images).
The link is here: <https://www.4shared.com/rar/-euk-XwAfa/archetypes_-_portuguese_transl.html?>

About those samples, I quite like both 1, 4 and 7.

That's marvellous, thank you.  I'm not keen on signing up for 4shared to download the file; are you able to attach it here (the file should be small enough)?  I'm still waiting on German, and then I can add them all to the next update.

The results of the Font poll are in.  Combining everyone's votes here, along with the wonders of Twitter, the winner is...

...6 (Montserrat).

image.thumb.png.6bc187de8ed74c084fc4443641e29ca9.png

For full transparency - there will be further updates to Mustermann23, but they are likely to be minor (translations, fixes, those things I've already comitted to taking a look at).  Everything else is likely to be reserved for FM24.  This is partly because over the course of the 6 months to date, the folder structure has gone to pot, and there's a lot of bloat with files that are no longer used.  Additionally, I'm trying to standardise design principles across the board (margins, spacing, etc...) for next year's version, and I'm too lazy to design with that in mind, and then redesign them again to fit into FM23!!

6 horas atrás, GIMN disse:

That's marvellous, thank you.  I'm not keen on signing up for 4shared to download the file; are you able to attach it here (the file should be small enough)?  I'm still waiting on German, and then I can add them all to the next update.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it'd be okay to host those files here so I went to 4shared, now is attached in this. So here it is the portuguese translation :)

archetypes - portuguese translation.rar

I'll pop this in here, too.  It's opinion canvassing time again.

Something I've always wanted is a way to have a split screen view on the squad panel - allowing you to select a player to see their profile.  I've found a way to do that, like so (I haven't fleshed out the profile/details bit yet):

image.thumb.png.7bdd9946ee26bb93b5e1c99a42d8b0cc.png

You'd still be able to have the usual views, resize columns, customise views, etc...

...but you wouldn't be able to right click or drag & drop to change lineup.  The only way you'd be able to change lineup is by clicking on the drop-down (see below) or through the tactics screen.  The tactics screen would also be the only place to use Quick Pick.

image.thumb.png.994857775b6b93f1eea0287f0710b6ce.png

Would this be something you'd want/use or would the lineup issues be a dealbreaker for you?

48 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Something I've always wanted is a way to have a split screen view on the squad panel - allowing you to select a player to see their profile.  I've found a way to do that, like so (I haven't fleshed out the profile/details bit yet):

You'd still be able to have the usual views, resize columns, customise views, etc...

...but you wouldn't be able to right click or drag & drop to change lineup.  The only way you'd be able to change lineup is by clicking on the drop-down (see below) or through the tactics screen.  The tactics screen would also be the only place to use Quick Pick.

Would this be something you'd want/use or would the lineup issues be a dealbreaker for you?

I think it looks great but wouldn't this sort of be the same functionality as using the player pop up? My head instantly goes to you know what would look great with that... Seeing a table under it that helps with selection like  saying 1st for pass completed 1st for pass accuracy (I'm half asleep so probably explaining poorly) but I can't remember if this was something a solution was ever found for this. 

9 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

I think it looks great but wouldn't this sort of be the same functionality as using the player pop up? My head instantly goes to you know what would look great with that... Seeing a table under it that helps with selection like  saying 1st for pass completed 1st for pass accuracy (I'm half asleep so probably explaining poorly) but I can't remember if this was something a solution was ever found for this. 

Yes, that's part of the reason I'm asking.  I'm very much in 2 minds.  I haven't fleshed out the details in the side window, yet, as I discovered the issue with right clicking/drag & drop.

I must admit, I'm not a fan of the popup - it's positioning being relative to the mouse/player means it obscures other information on the screen, sometimes you move the mouse a little too much and it disappears, etc...  A fixed position panel makes it easier to compare players (for me, at least)

The squad list goes back to "normal" with regular/custom views:

image.thumb.png.f7d34cc3dfc677e04af245b68a6473a6.png

But the right click/drag & drop issue persists (because to achieve the profile window, I've had to change the panel class).  I've played a little bit with it this evening, and I've not found it to be particularly burdensome using the tactics screen for changing lineups, but I also know that I'm going to be a lot more receptive to my own ideas than most :lol:

7 hours ago, GIMN said:

I like this idea 😉 And set up lineup in Tactic screen only isn't problem for me, but!

1. Sorting data - Will it still be possible to sort data by values of any column?
  2. Right click - What exactly do you mean? R-Click won't work at all?

52 minutes ago, vonTrips said:

I like this idea 😉 And set up lineup in Tactic screen only isn't problem for me, but!

1. Sorting data - Will it still be possible to sort data by values of any column?
  2. Right click - What exactly do you mean? R-Click won't work at all?

1. Yes, you can still sort
  2. Right click works normally except you can't use it to add or drop someone from the lineup on the squad screen - (which you can if you right click over the "Picked" column)

image.png.97c0040df87f6f91e4a9239a0d4b5d4b.png

8 hours ago, GIMN said:

The idea itself seem good, but as others have said, it's kinda does the same as player popup

The other thing is that there might be alot of ppl that picks there team from the squad page, which has always puzzled me.(but again we all play it differently)  

7 minutes ago, snowofman said:

The idea itself seem good, but as others have said, it's kinda does the same as player popup

The other thing is that there might be alot of ppl that picks there team from the squad page, which has always puzzled me.(but again we all play it differently)  

I'm one of those weirdos that normally uses the squad screen :lol:.  Not sure why...just one of those things I've always done.

Il 16/4/2023 in 15:49 , GIMN ha scritto:

Would you be able to send the crash dumps across - located in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023/crash dumps folder?

I'm having the same issue, crashing a lot, did you have any chance to fix the issue?

15 minutes ago, Tenderkaj said:

I'm having the same issue, crashing a lot, did you have any chance to fix the issue?

Can you send across crash dumps, and let me know the scenario in which it is crashing?

30 minuti fa, GIMN ha scritto:

Can you send across crash dumps, and let me know the scenario in which it is crashing?

I think it always happens when clicking on a player's name to open up his page (last time, I was in a match and wanted to check something, so I opened up my tactics, hovered the mouse on the little pop-up icon, and then clicked on his full name to open his page from the pop-up)

crashdumps.zip

24 minutes ago, Tenderkaj said:

I think it always happens when clicking on a player's name to open up his page (last time, I was in a match and wanted to check something, so I opened up my tactics, hovered the mouse on the little pop-up icon, and then clicked on his full name to open his page from the pop-up)

crashdumps.zip 1.31 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you, I'll take a look tomorrow :thup:

On 06/05/2023 at 01:33, GIMN said:

Defo 2 for me, what font is it? @GIMN

14 minutes ago, johnny13371337 said:

First its the coolest Skin if have ever seen. TY for All this work!!

Now i git 1 question, is it possible to Highlight the Important attributes as in the default Skin and the most other skins? 

Kind regards jOhnny 

On 16/01/2023 at 14:36, GIMN said:

Unfortunately, that is not possible.  The "highlight" requires the  regular attributes table for the interaction to work, and that has been replaced entirely.  Sorry.

Although it took a bit of time to get used to the skin, it's absolutely fantastic. Great work :thup:

What panel do I need to edit to ensure that the attribute range is shown rather than one number and dots?

I'm playing FM with the following display settings 1920x1080, windowed and 95% zoom

pa ss.png

12 minutes ago, Callaway said:

What panel do I need to edit to ensure that the attribute range is shown rather than one number and dots?

player/mustermann/performance/player performance attributes numerical.  Each attribute is inside a horizontal_adaptive_container.  You can remove the widths either side.