[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

4 hours ago, DaddyTorgo said:

I'm so happy right now. 

One thing I wondered about it - I really like the player archetypes at the top of the profile. Is that something that it would be possible to extend to ALL players? Like right now I think I remember you saying if someone has "Fox in the Box" you know they are going to be close to world class in that role. But what if that just basically told you their preferred role, and not that they were a top player? Does that thought make sense? 

Yes, what you said is right.  It's based off statistical output - so if players reach a specific threshold for relevant metrics the icon becomes active.  As with a lot of the added frills, the logic has to be relatively simple for it to work, as what we are able to do as skinners is quite limited.  The way archetypes works is that all of the active icons are loaded and then greyed out icons are put on top.  If conditions are met, then the greyed out logo is hidden.  Let's take the "Box Crasher", for example.

There are 5 icons.

The coloured one, and then 4 grey ones on top.
If the player is above the 70th percentile for shots for attacking midfielders, one of the grey icons is removed.
If the player is above the 50th percentile for progressive passes for attacking midfielders, another grey icon is removed.
If the player is above the 50th percentile for passes completed for attacking midfielders, another grey icon is removed.
If the player is below the 40th percentile for dribbles for attacking midfielders, the final grey icon is removed.

Unfortunately we cannot measure two separate values against one another.  E.g. I can't create a condition that is "if non-penalty goals is greater than or equal to non-penalty xG, display an icon".  Subsequently, I don't think I can do what you are asking for.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, GIMN said:

Yes, what you said is right.  It's based off statistical output - so if players reach a specific threshold for relevant metrics the icon becomes active.  As with a lot of the added frills, the logic has to be relatively simple for it to work, as what we are able to do as skinners is quite limited.  The way archetypes works is that all of the active icons are loaded and then greyed out icons are put on top.  If conditions are met, then the greyed out logo is hidden.  Let's take the "Box Crasher", for example.

There are 5 icons.

The coloured one, and then 4 grey ones on top.
If the player is above the 70th percentile for shots for attacking midfielders, one of the grey icons is removed.
If the player is above the 50th percentile for progressive passes for attacking midfielders, another grey icon is removed.
If the player is above the 50th percentile for passes completed for attacking midfielders, another grey icon is removed.
If the player is below the 40th percentile for dribbles for attacking midfielders, the final grey icon is removed.

Unfortunately we cannot measure two separate values against one another.  E.g. I can't create a condition that is "if non-penalty goals is greater than or equal to non-penalty xG, display an icon".  Subsequently, I don't think I can do what you are asking for.

Oooh it's based on statistics and not attributes?

Well then I love it the way it is. I was thinking it was based on attributes and basically acting like a "cheat" to see their attributes, but if it's not and it's aggregating relevant statistics, that's brilliant already.

Another question while I have you. And I'm not looking at the skin, so apologies if it get the details wrong, but on the player profile where it has the colored circles, there are certain things that are duplicated - I think "technicals" is one for example. So if there is a technical under attack and one under defense, that is basically splitting up the attacking-related and defending-related technical skills, right? Or physical skills for another example I think. Am I understanding that right? As I type it out I imagine I am.

And one last comment/feedback - the user-selectable pizza-chart type thing in the bottom right corner of the player profile - I was never able to get it to actually display anything. No matter what fields i selected in it the slices didn't fill in at all. Maybe it wasn't enabled, or maybe I was doing it wrong. 

Edited by DaddyTorgo

53 minutes ago, DaddyTorgo said:

Oooh it's based on statistics and not attributes?

Well then I love it the way it is. I was thinking it was based on attributes and basically acting like a "cheat" to see their attributes, but if it's not and it's aggregating relevant statistics, that's brilliant already.

Another question while I have you. And I'm not looking at the skin, so apologies if it get the details wrong, but on the player profile where it has the colored circles, there are certain things that are duplicated - I think "technicals" is one for example. So if there is a technical under attack and one under defense, that is basically splitting up the attacking-related and defending-related technical skills, right? Or physical skills for another example I think. Am I understanding that right? As I type it out I imagine I am.

And one last comment/feedback - the user-selectable pizza-chart type thing in the bottom right corner of the player profile - I was never able to get it to actually display anything. No matter what fields i selected in it the slices didn't fill in at all. Maybe it wasn't enabled, or maybe I was doing it wrong. 

Attributes are grouped by training focus.  This way it shows the interconnectedness of attributes and how they impact specific areas of play.  Some attributes, such as technique and decisions, being to multiple training groups and so will appear multiple times.  It is worth pointing out that the "Tackling" and "Leadership" groups are customised collections of untrainable attributes.

If nothing is showing at all in the DNA chat, that may be an issue with MPGD not handling scale levels outside 100%.  I (finally) have solved that for FM24.

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Attributes are grouped by training focus.  This way it shows the interconnectedness of attributes and how they impact specific areas of play.  Some attributes, such as technique and decisions, being to multiple training groups and so will appear multiple times.  It is worth pointing out that the "Tackling" and "Leadership" groups are customised collections of untrainable attributes.

If nothing is showing at all in the DNA chat, that may be an issue with MPGD not handling scale levels outside 100%.  I (finally) have solved that for FM24.

That all makes sense. Awesome. Love the skin so much - along with hodr it reinvigorated my love for fm23. 

Looking forward to starting my proper fm24 game once it's done (or bringing my fm23 game forward honestly). I had to sim ahead to 2043 b/c i didn't want to see any current players attributes. 

14 minutes ago, FERIA said:

skin avalable when ?

06/11 or later ?

On 19/10/2023 at 22:00, GIMN said:

Notice for FM24

Firstly, thank you all for the support over the last year.  Mustermann23 had 90,000 downloads which, quite frankly is mind-boggling (of course, it also had 21 updates, so there will be plenty of you who ended up downloading it multiple times - I am not going to pretend that is 90,000 users :D)

Due to work commitments, the FM24 version will not be released until late Novemeber - I will be targetting circa 20th November.  There will only be a graphical version for FM24, as I am looking to better balancemy time in the upcoming year.  I will create a new thread once there is progress to share.

Peace and love, y'all.

On 10.08.2023 at 12:30, greansal said:

Hi everyone,

I would like apply this skin but it doesnt know appear in theme. If we look the screen, only skin default and tato are possible to use this. 
What i have done:
- I extracted file into C:\Users\****\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\skins. 
- reset cache then reload the skin.

Capture d'écran 2023-08-10 112236.png

I am experiencing the same issue. The folders and structure are as they should be, but the folders belonging to any Mustermann skin does not show :(

image.png.c5cfbdd3e744a6c6f9a13c6ba31ff1db.pngimage.png.a061ba3c618480e72caf837115dce7a0.png

2 minutes ago, enuff said:

I am experiencing the same issue. The folders and structure are as they should be, but the folders belonging to any Mustermann skin does not show :(

image.png.c5cfbdd3e744a6c6f9a13c6ba31ff1db.pngimage.png.a061ba3c618480e72caf837115dce7a0.png

mustermann skin hasn't updated to fm 2024 yet. 

2 minutes ago, enuff said:

I would understand if it would LOAD but HAD broken screens etc, but the fact that the game does not even recognize the folders... Is it normal? :)

yes, the game uses a string in skin_config.xml to say which game the skin is for

1 hour ago, enuff said:

Thanks for the replies.

I might want to give it a shot if there's guide on how to modify the skin_config.xml :)

You, literally, change 23 to 24. However, I'd say that this is not advisable as I know how much has changed behind the scenes in the game: many files that feed into things and IDs. Also, personally, I'd wait for GIMN to release the skin that he's building especially for this version!

3 hours ago, enuff said:

Thanks for the replies.

I might want to give it a shot if there's guide on how to modify the skin_config.xml :)

Just to reiterate what @_Ben_ said, it's a very simple change, but please be aware that all the data stuff (pizza charts/archetypes) are based on data tests that are relevant to the last patch of FM23.  The match engine is very different in FM24 and the boundaries for each percentile will have changed - some metrics it might be marginal, others will be very significant.  There will, of course, be other things that won't work as intended, but as the statistical analysis is a major part of the skin, I think it's important to make that clear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello peoples, im still on FM23 using the GraphicalDark version 3.03 and the dots that now represent the players attributes have disappeared, and no matter what ive done, it just wont show up again. Can anybody assist me as i really love the skin and have made up my mind to go the attributeless path.

Thanks & God Bless!

fmWinter Screenshot 2024.01.07 - 21.20.18.46.png

fmWinter Screenshot 2024.01.07 - 21.21.12.18.png

Edited by BigBen10

22 minutes ago, BigBen10 said:

Hello peoples, im still on FM23 using the GraphicalDark version 3.03 and the dots that now represent the players attributes have disappeared, and no matter what ive done, it just wont show up again. Can anybody assist me as i really love the skin and have made up my mind to go the attributeless path.

Thanks & God Bless!

fmWinter Screenshot 2024.01.07 - 21.20.18.46.png

fmWinter Screenshot 2024.01.07 - 21.21.12.18.png

Try and go into preferences and untick "used caching for faster loading"

then clear the cache (bottom left reset dropdown)

then reload skin and restart FM

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 21:43, snowofman said:

Try and go into preferences and untick "used caching for faster loading"

then clear the cache (bottom left reset dropdown)

then reload skin and restart FM

It works fine now. Apologize for the late reply